PDA

View Full Version : Restriction on Recruiting Poll

Larrien
12-15-2002, 05:38 AM
Dustarians, it has come to my attention that certain people are adding people without using common sense in their decisions. Recently, I have discovered a large intake of people being recruited without myself ever meeting them-- they are mysteriously showing up as Knights + Soldiers. I will not name the parties responsible, but instead I'd like to know some of your thoughts.

Would you be interested in having recruiting restrictions? Please vote yes, or no, to the poll and reply with your recruiting restriction suggestions.

Thanks, everyone! :)

EDIT: Changed my spelling of like.

Evil_Lord_Sparda
12-15-2002, 05:43 AM
I think that people should be at least able to Rp and should be a decent level(its not too hard)

Zurkiba
12-15-2002, 07:05 AM
Be like Astri...
Dont worry about the level... because levels always change...

Just recruit on the base of their RP Talent.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
12-15-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba
Be like Astri...
Dont worry about the level... because levels always change...

Just recruit on the base of their RP Talent.
But today one of your warlords was only recruiting level 3 and higher

zell12
12-15-2002, 07:55 AM
Thats because they wanted to put some level restriction on the people they recruit for some reason.

brock128
12-15-2002, 10:58 AM
I'm not in dustari (Not playing 2k2) but I'll still say my say in things, mmkay?

Anyway, I think an RP test. That's about it.

EDIT: Oh yea, and a level restriction, but ONLY if they are in the military. Otherwise, none. And they should still be able to join if they want to be in the military, but are under-level. Maybe as a trainee or somthing.

Larrien
12-15-2002, 01:02 PM
Hi, Oryan. :)

What I mainly meant by recruiting restrictions is more based toward the certain parties who are freely recruiting without taking into account a person's past, RPing ability + level. :rolleyes:

I don't see what's wrong with a level 5 Queen or King-- they don't fight. I get peeved when I have a level 1 Necromancer. Though, yes, I agree with you on the role-playing test. That's going to become a standard. I might endorse a rule that will force anyone recruiting to have to notify me first and have myself and Arwen perform RP tests in different categories to determine whether or not the person can be recruited, sort of like major league baseball. You have player scouts who scout out players who they think are good, then they get tested in Spring Training and the GM (ala me and Arwen) decide whether or not they're good enough to join. :)

I think this system could be much more beneficial in keeping the recruiting organized and to a minimum level without hampering the development and growth of Dustari.

Thoughts?

MasterNuke
12-15-2002, 04:15 PM
I'm peeved when I turn down everyone that asks me to join because...
1. They aren't going to the right person... since I'm the Archmage... I see it fit for me to only recruit Magic users.
2. RPing doesn't seem sufficient... bad history... no idea on what RPing is... or just isn't going the right way.
3. Too low of a level....
4. I observe they're casting and they are totally horrible....
5. Bad referals from angry people/friends that are trustable.

Hmm... but there are some good RPers... who might deserve a chance to join the ranks.... but go under a low one... or apprentice a higher level... such as a Squire accompanying a Knight... or maybe even I taking an Apprentice Mage through the levels...

Evil_Lord_Sparda
12-15-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by brock128
I'm not in dustari (Not playing 2k2) but I'll still say my say in things, mmkay?

Anyway, I think an RP test. That's about it.

EDIT: Oh yea, and a level restriction, but ONLY if they are in the military. Otherwise, none. And they should still be able to join if they want to be in the military, but are under-level. Maybe as a trainee or somthing.

Maybe we could have a rank of Recruit or something

Larrien
12-15-2002, 09:48 PM
The thing that I dislike about a rank of recruit is the fact that too many times do they get passed over for promotion, or something may happen and they don't get promoted. I hate when people beg me for promotions, not naming any names recently [hint: new Duke], and it just seems wrong. I should even create a rule that anyone who asks for promotion gets demoted.

Back on topic- yeah, Ed, that could work, if you kind of brought them through the levels with you. Could work with warriors + barbarians, though that's got to be a lot harder. Could also work with Priests + Magi, I guess. Thiefs?... I don't know.

Zurkiba
12-15-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Larrien
I don't see what's wrong with a level 5 Queen or King-- they don't fight.
I fight :)...
Alexander the Great fought by his soldier's sides.

Plus I like the fun of war... not only does it give me a chance to add a little more power to my army... it allows me to stratagise if something new happens.

MilkyWay0016
12-15-2002, 10:06 PM
RP tests are good, but there are some people who are new, but have a lot of potential. They arn't the people who 'type liek tis' becuase I don't let those people in when I can, but a lot of them are very polite and even say 'Your Majesty' etc. etc. , they just are familiar with RP terms.

But, yeah, there should be a recruting limit. Also, people should not be able to be recruited above a certian level. I've noticed people who are new to Dustari in very high ranks, which I don't really feel good about.

Let's try to lower the amout of people with recruiting rights, becuase I don't know whose letting some of these people in.

brock128
12-15-2002, 10:28 PM
Promotion asking is bad. Punishing for promotion asking is good.

I may come back to dustari once Stefan fixes 2k2. Which will be... never. Hmm.
Oh well, see you in 2k3/2k4/2k5 etc

MilkyWay0016
12-15-2002, 11:58 PM
Sometimes I can see why people ask for a promotion. Usually we don't know who has been in for how long, so a lot of people don't get promoted.

I'll try and work out a way so that people will get promoted without having to ask.

zell12
12-16-2002, 01:34 AM
Promotion should not occur unless the king/queen feels its nessary. But I think for the most part, you should let the player get used to his title and try to act like a person would that really had that title. I was aked to be a warlord when I was in Asti, but I was hooked on my Paladin character because I was one for a long time.

Anyway, about recruiting, make it like it was on GraalBomymoon. The player took the test, and the kingdom member testing them would talk to the king, then the king would talk to the player and give him his own test or whatnot.

Larrien
12-17-2002, 06:55 AM
This thread's kind of dead, but instead of posting a new thread and spamming the Dustari boards more, figured I'd post something I think all of you with tag adding/removing/ranks should be aware of. Well, several things.

Please, whoever continues to remove members who I add, or add members without notifying myself or Arwen, please, stop, now.

Okay, now that that is over with, I'd like to inform all of Dustari of a couple things that although I've been spreading all over the forums you might not know and should be informed of.

1.) We'll be performing a rank tree change soon. Because of this, all your ranks will be cleared. After this, we'll sort everything out according to what level you are with the new system Arwen and I have developed.

2.) Keeping with our theme of reconstruction, we'll be removing people who haven't been active or who are causing trouble-- we'll give more warning before it happens, but it'll take place shortly after or shortly before the rank tree development.

3.) Encourage shops and development such as that! They add taxes which improve the Dustari treasury. There's a new shop down near the edges of Dustari castle. Once you arrive there, go left. Managed by Necromancer Spiltblood and Knight Viepar.

Sorry about number 3. Have to get my advertising in.

4.) All right, no more sexual harrassment or anything "made up". Today I heard from several people I had been called "***", or, well, the other word that begins with "f". Turns out it was false, and the person who did this is lucky I didn't remove them then and there. Any more of that will not be tolerated-- the people who do such acts will be removed and reported to the GM.

Thanks, guys! :)

Crovax_Dark_Lord
12-20-2002, 10:42 AM
I've finally decided that I'm willing to take more than 1 necromancer on board, you don't have to be evil, but changing ranks could be a problem...
The main reason I want more than one necromancer is that the necromancers we have now know secrets... that which makes a rank change for them, difficult...
I'll still be the necromancer though, just with a bunch of 'helpers'