PDA

View Full Version : Today

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
12-15-2002, 02:00 AM
I decided to leave Dustari in the hands of Larrien. I'm no longer King of Dustari, I just have to get Stefan to give him the king flag. I know some are happy, some are sad, but here are my reasons why.

-After being Prince on 2k1, and King on 2k2, leading sort of gets monotonous, and boring. The endless drone of PM's, the careful siplomatic web that you try and weave, the attempts to reform everyone into great role-players, they are all quite difficult to manage for such a long period of time

-I have never really gotten to deeply explore 2k2 and all it's vast components yet which I plan on doing so when I leave Dustari. I want to be able to play for an hour without having to stop, answer PM's, worry about kingdom x invading here, kingdom y attacking there.

-I don't have the time required to lead anymore. I used to be able to come online and play 4..5..6 hours a day, maybe sometimes more. I can't anymore. Some days I can't even go on graal, or I simply don't have the enthusiasm to play. If I leave for a few days and come back, I want the peice of mind knowing I can pick up where I left off and not worry about events happening while I was gone.

You were all a great bunch of characters, I had a lot of fun. I will go it alone for now, but in the future.. who knows. I may join again. I need to go back to my grassroots and play for fun again, not for power.

I am trying to make an RP story for myself and my departure, but I need to talkto a couple people first. Finally, I plan on staying around Dustari and Zormite OOC (because they're both strong allies) but when it comes to IC I might as well be a stranger to them for now.

-Charles Amelyn, former Dustari sovereign ;)

sageofthehalo
12-15-2002, 02:11 AM
Cya Henry ol pal.....Dang I mean Charles ;) It was awsome Fighting side by side as Nightrose together on G2K1, and being ruled by you on G2K2, and I hope you never forget about all the expereicnes you have had.

bwolixin
12-15-2002, 02:15 AM
we're falling apart ahh!!! but hey man thakns for all your help along the way.

Larrien
12-15-2002, 02:17 AM
Goodbye, Charles. :(

I understand your means about leaving, since we've talked this over for a while. I know that you believe you've left Dustari in good hands, and I hope you understand that you have.

To everyone else, kingdom leaders alike-- if you have any comments or concerns, feel free to contact me. I'm open to suggestions, downgrades, encouragement, et cetera. I want to get everyone's feel for what they think is best for Dustari, so I can succesfully carry out my duties as King.

I'll also attempt to be more active on the forums. I understand that this is one of my big weaknesses- public relations. I'll try to do my best in that aspect.

Thank you.

JudgeDurst
12-15-2002, 02:21 AM
Even though i had such a short time to get to know you as my king, i feel sad that you are leaving :(

we'll all miss you.

MilkyWay0016
12-15-2002, 02:28 AM
Even though I knew you were going to quit it still makes me sad
=(

I can see where you are comming from, though

At least stay in Dustari so we can chat ;P

Locke_boy
12-15-2002, 03:25 AM
This is news to me.

Charles Amelyn without the title of "King" preceding just doesn't seem proper to me.

I suppose I'll have to become accustomed to that.

Despite the fact that our kingdoms are enemies, I have made many great friends in your kingdom, and have always loved visiting your island (one of the more beautiful kingdom islands).

I don't know Larrien .. at all .. but I hope that he can continue where you left. To Larrien - maybe you should make a general introduction thread.

Anyway, now that you're leaving Dustari .. join Astri. Hahah, no, that's a joke, really .. :p

I hope you have fun exploring the enormous world of Graal Kingdoms. Feel free to stop at my house in Wimnim along the way. :)

ZanderX
12-15-2002, 03:57 AM
*snicker*

MilkyWay0016
12-15-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Locke_boy
This is news to me.

Charles Amelyn without the title of "King" preceding just doesn't seem proper to me.

I suppose I'll have to become accustomed to that.

Despite the fact that our kingdoms are enemies, I have made many great friends in your kingdom, and have always loved visiting your island (one of the more beautiful kingdom islands).

I don't know Larrien .. at all .. but I hope that he can continue where you left. To Larrien - maybe you should make a general introduction thread.

Anyway, now that you're leaving Dustari .. join Astri. Hahah, no, that's a joke, really .. :p

I hope you have fun exploring the enormous world of Graal Kingdoms. Feel free to stop at my house in Wimnim along the way. :)

Larrien's the prince ^^;; He's been in Dustari much longer than I have.

Kamuii, whats with the laughing? =(

Larrien
12-15-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Locke_boy

Yeah, I planned to do that. Sorry, I've been really busy. Arwen and I have decided to revamp the rank tree and stuff, so naturally I'm doing my best here. Plus we've had some internal problems to deal with. It was a shock to all the people when Charlie decided to quit, so we're trying to help them through the "trauma" (not trying to sound like an ER unit) and introduce a new set of ranks. :)

Locke_boy
12-15-2002, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by MilkyWay0016

Larrien's the prince ^^;; He's been in Dustari much longer than I have.

Oh! Okay, now that I put "Prince" and "Larrien" together .. it becomes much more familiar. :D

Locke_boy
12-15-2002, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Larrien

Yeah, I planned to do that. Sorry, I've been really busy. Arwen and I have decided to revamp the rank tree and stuff, so naturally I'm doing my best here. Plus we've had some internal problems to deal with. It was a shock to all the people when Charlie decided to quit, so we're trying to help them through the "trauma" (not trying to sound like an ER unit) and introduce a new set of ranks. :)

Heh, no need to apologize! Anyway .. I'm anxious to see these new ranks. :)

I hope your internal problems get worked out soon. :grin:

ZanderX
12-15-2002, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by MilkyWay0016

Kamuii, whats with the laughing? =(

I never buckled.

Locke_boy
12-15-2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

I never buckled.

There was a snicker. Why?

MilkyWay0016
12-15-2002, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

I never buckled.

You never had to rule on 2k2 ;)

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
12-15-2002, 04:31 AM
He snickers because now I know what he had to go through. I remember always grilling him for not being online, doing things with the kingdom, and role-playing. Now that I am in his (or was) in his shoes, I can see why sometimes he just plain didn't want to come online. It's a very demanding job, which is why I wanted to give it up before I totally lost all interest and ruined the kingdom.

ZanderX
12-15-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
He snickers because now I know what he had to go through. I remember always grilling him for not being online, doing things with the kingdom, and role-playing. Now that I am in his (or was) in his shoes, I can see why sometimes he just plain didn't want to come online. It's a very demanding job, which is why I wanted to give it up before I totally lost all interest and ruined the kingdom.

Precisely.

Brad
12-15-2002, 05:01 AM
Psssh :[

JrTerrorist
12-15-2002, 06:04 AM
Congrats to Larrien ;_;

but still the whole sadness thing ;_;

brock128
12-15-2002, 11:03 AM
Hmm. I donno what to think. Well, good luck to the both of you.

Legondary_MyTH
12-15-2002, 12:27 PM
This is sad...
But i think Larrien will be a good King.
I hope everything works out for you Charles...:(

zell12
12-15-2002, 12:38 PM
It's like wow. :p
I think that Dustari will be more... lets say, vournable for attack.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
12-15-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by zell12
It's like wow. :p
I think that Dustari will be more... lets say, vournable for attack.
Say, I think you're quite wrong. Only one member left, which was me. Larrien has done a ton of work since then which makes Dustari only stronger.

zell12
12-15-2002, 01:39 PM
Your leadership kinda is what made Dustari on GraalKingdoms. Without it, I don't think Dustari will stand a chance :(

MilkyWay0016
12-15-2002, 10:00 PM
Your leadership kinda is what made Dustari on GraalKingdoms. Without it, I don't think Dustari will stand a chance :(

I don't know, he wasn't able to get on a lot so we had a lot of kingdom problems. It isn't his fault, it's just how it was.

You know, I would have said the same thing when all the leaders quit forest but that isn't the case, is it? :D

MasterNuke
12-16-2002, 05:09 AM
Well.... actually... Dustari does stand a chance *smiles*

zell12
12-16-2002, 08:02 AM
I almost killed you in that tourney if I never had my RoC on :P
So just think, if you got 3 level 10 warriors, who would win? You? Or them? Exactly. :p

Python523
12-16-2002, 01:05 PM
:(:(:( we can still be corrupt on debug, right?!?!? :(

Ghost Pirate
12-16-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by MasterNuke

Well.... actually... Dustari does stand a chance *smiles*

Not against the pirates >=)

MasterNuke
12-16-2002, 07:44 PM
Strategy and Tactics guys... Strategy and Tactics...
Jagen = corrupt lol
Dallion... I get killed in arena because of class imbalance and the fact that I lose my distance and terrain advantage...
The only exception is 2 particular people in CP that can outrun me and chase me all over the place... not hit me too easily... but they can outrun me.....

TeRRi2k
12-16-2002, 08:43 PM
You know Ed...I can outrun you...cept I'm lag at level borders x.x :grin:
;( goodluck shockie
I'm sure Dustari will do alright if people do their part(which most of them dont XD)
and arwen let me remind you that you dont get on much either :p

anUk
12-16-2002, 11:38 PM
*is in pirates*
*can outrun ed with his leet 3.866 speed*

MasterNuke
12-17-2002, 04:29 AM
I can outmanuver too...

Zurkiba
12-17-2002, 04:42 AM
I can outchicken you
:p :p :p :p