PDA

View Full Version : Skills?

Geovanie Legend
12-14-2002, 07:26 PM
Below is a list of the skills I currently have, and some of them i just don't understand or see a point in.. i'll point out the ones i can't figure out... maybe one of you knows something I don't, hehe

Disarm Traps (what traps, never seen any)
Hiding (Always fail, i think it isn't done yet)
Stealing
Singing
Oratory
Find Traps (same as disarm traps)
Use Magic Item
Literacy
Use Tools
Alchemy
Thaumaturgy
Woodsman
Jeweler (All rings are allready identified aren't they?)
Throwing
Melee Weapons
Punching
Missile Weapons
Karate
Jumping (It never jumps, lol)
Sense Magic
Sense Curse
Praying
Mountaineer (Exactly what can u climb?)

Ok that's it.. of course the ones with (text here) after them are the ones i don't understand or see no purpose for. :D

zell12
12-14-2002, 11:13 PM
Find Traps will show you hidden runes. Like Rune of Blasting or Rune of Fire.
Disarm Traps will, basically, disarm them and you can slash them with your sword to make them disappear.
Jewler IDs rings, but, since they are IDed already, mabey they ID rings of Adornment?
Mountaineer I think is so you can walk up hills faster?

--Chris--
12-15-2002, 12:09 AM
You could be too heavy for jumping and errm...hiding could be like thaumaturgy (stealth) with the exception of having to use the skill rather than have it automatically one and since you have thaumaturgy I guess you fail =/

aylad
12-15-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by --Chris--
You could be too heavy for jumping and errm...hiding could be like thaumaturgy (stealth) with the exception of having to use the skill rather than have it automatically one and since you have thaumaturgy I guess you fail =/
I don't think thaumaturgy is hiding... I think it's identifying staffs and wands (which, like rings, are already identified anyway)

Geovanie Legend
12-15-2002, 04:27 AM
Well seems like we have some real *cough* useful *cough* skills here, lol

BoneCrusher2
12-17-2002, 07:46 AM
mountaniring is to walk over ruff terrain easier and jewler used to be neeeded aswell as thaurmatology and obviously concealment and hurdiling doesnt work yet

Geovanie Legend
12-17-2002, 09:38 AM
Ok well thanks for the info, hopefully I won't have to pay for them all again once they do work, lol.

Tyhm
12-29-2002, 02:59 AM
hurdling=hurtling=throwing=spears, no?

fireedragn
12-29-2002, 03:49 AM
Hurdling=Olympic event where you jump over little gate thingies. Which is basically jumping. :)

Tyhm
12-29-2002, 06:30 AM
O, kay.
Yeah, that IS kinda lame. They should just make jumping ganis (one frame really) and let you jump over NPCs in dungeons the same way wolves do...

And Oratory - Control Monsters, doesn't work yet.

Incidentally, anyone know how to work Stealing? I can get it to tell me it failed about half the time, the other half it says nothing or that I'm using it too frequently...

Geovanie Legend
12-29-2002, 07:15 PM
Stealing don't work yet, however I can get Oratory to work but only for a few split seconds then the creature attacks again.

Tyhm
12-29-2002, 09:02 PM
Charming that Stefan gave us so many things to waste our hard-won plats on that don't sodding work. =_=

DragonX
12-29-2002, 09:19 PM
Stealing works, I am level 7 agility. If you have the spell invisible or a ring of Thieves stealing works better because the monsters notice you a lot less (since you have stealth or are invisible).

Paradiesapfel
12-29-2002, 11:45 PM
How do u steal?
and what can u steal
and where?

Python523
12-30-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Geovanie Legend
Well seems like we have some real *cough* useful *cough* skills here, lol
it isn't stefan's fault, he didn't make the mudlibs so he doesnt know everything that is in them

Geovanie Legend
12-30-2002, 12:03 AM
I know all about the "mudlib", I do talk to Stefan ya know :D

Anyway, i wasn't putting him down, i was just being sourcastic about how useful some of the skills are, lol :P

Edit: Ok I tried to use the invis spell and steal, but EVERY monster still see's me even though i'm suppose to be invis, and when I cast the spell it says "You can no longer see your hands!"