PDA

View Full Version : Hold A Friggin Decent Event!!!

MasterNuke
12-07-2002, 05:18 AM
Konidias!!! Why do ALL of your events have to involve the dam arena and ALWAYS give the best advantage to Warriors and Barbarians?

Python523
12-07-2002, 05:37 AM
why not give a better idea instead of trying to flame him

Dude6252000
12-07-2002, 06:02 AM
*points to Zach's new idea thread that I posted a thingy in* If that's created, or the arrow spar thing, or etc, then people will stop being annoying about events :|

MasterNuke
12-07-2002, 06:02 AM
because ive posted a few ideas already....
1. All tourneys are biased against casters... because of fighters.
2. Level doesn't tell much of anything anymore... and yet you all base everything on it.
3. If i can remember what i posted ill add more

Zach1
12-07-2002, 06:32 AM
listen, its nearly impossible right now to even things out so magic and melee can fight together fairly. i am working on it. if i had a way of direct communication with the admins i could work things out, but for now forum pms and the occasional graal pm is the best i can do.

AlexH
12-07-2002, 06:33 AM
How about a team event.
One melee user and one magic user verses another melee user and another magic user.

Shrimp Okonomiyaki
12-07-2002, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by AlexH
How about a team event.
One melee user and one magic user verses another melee user and another magic user.

Still no real point in that, the melees will just kill the opposing magic users.

Brad
12-07-2002, 08:43 AM
Team might be fun....ME AND LIKE DRAGONX YO

--Chris--
12-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Actually...one of the only times I have been killed it was from a magic user (Zen.) He used flaming Aura and was faster than me so kept at a far distance while I burned x_X

Locke_boy
12-08-2002, 06:25 AM
Base tournaments on HP, not level. Try that, it will probably work pretty well.

Well, maybe up until the very high levels, where HP hardly changes at all. Not sure, but it's just a thought.

--Chris--
12-08-2002, 12:17 PM
Hp and Damage...DragonX,Shrimp and Jourdan do over 50 damage with their weapons =/

Locke_boy
12-08-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by --Chris--
Hp and Damage...DragonX,Shrimp and Jourdan do over 50 damage with their weapons =/

Yes, when I walked away I thought of that.

Base it on the HP the player has, and the maximum amount of physical damage they can inflict.

--Chris--
12-09-2002, 01:09 AM
Better yet,instead of the tourneys being lv7-10 (example) they should be hp 100+ damage 20 max so they chose a weapon before the fight, koni looks at their profile to ensure the damage is or below the rule set then we rumble =P

Selzar
12-24-2002, 10:06 AM
I dont think its possible to even hold a magic tourney...
all the mages have melee weapons now, since magic is bad vs Player vs Player...

Because how the spells work that is why...

so everyone gos melee.

Magic= only good for fighting big groups of monsters...

konidias
12-25-2002, 05:12 AM
I hold different events besides tourneys. However, tournaments are a double-edged blade. On one hand they are a great way to put your hard work of training to the test, and also win nice stuff, on the other hand, people will never be satisfied with it unless they are the one that is winning.

The fact of the matter is, it's hard to hold balanced tourneys. I can't hold tournaments discluding players because they are "too strong". That is unfair to them for training so hard and then being shafted out of events.

I can't hold "tournaments based on HP/weapon damage" Why? Because those two statistics are not constant values. People can easily equip a ring that drastically increases their damage or hp, but people can't just gain a level by equipping an item.

I can't hold mage vs mage tourneys. I tried that, and it just never ends. It's not my fault that the magic is too weak and the sorcerers are too fast and have too much HP.

I can't hold sorc vs warrior tourneys because warriors just dominate sorcs. Since only being able to use magic and having to charge and stuff is impossible with a warrior constantly trying to hit you.

I can't really hold archery tournaments, because the arrows lag people to no end when there are over 30 of them flying around on the screen, and people are cheating by using weapons or spells.

The biggest problem is the fact that people don't want to play fair. They always want to ruin the event by not following the rules, or casting tons of laggy spells into the arena from outside. The server is in alpha so it's still being made, which means events aren't 100% worked out yet, and there are equations in the mix that need to be fixed before good tournaments are ever possible (like stopping people from casting spells near arena, leveling out warriors and sorcs, etc)

Then there is the simple fact that some people are just really strong. I can't do anything about this. If the same person wins over and over, I can't disqualify them from later events just because you can't beat them. I would have to disqualify everyone since somebody could beat you, and somebody could beat that person, and so on.

Entirely new events take time to create, they need graphics, scripting, new additions to the engine, etc. I can't whip out brand new events every day, but I make due with what I have been given.

I've held every event that really is possible to hold:

- Kart racing
- Soccer
- Level tourney
- Magic tourney
- Melee tourney
- Boat wars
- Card games
- Arrow tourney
- Spear tourney
- Survivor tourney
- Trivia
- Marathons
- Scavenger hunts

Pretty much all there is to offer right now. If you don't like the events being held, please give ideas for new events and not just say "hold good events!" Also, I constantly get people wanting to hold events that completely involve them winning. Like a level 6 guy will say something like "hold a level 1-6 tourney!" because he is level 6 and would be the strongest fighter there. Please be reasonable with your suggestions. Thanks.

Locke_boy
12-25-2002, 05:25 AM
It should be a rule of the tournament that the player cannot alter their HP or damage once they have been classified into a fighter catergory. Should the player do this, he would be disqualified from the tournament. I think that's fair enough. You could assign one or two people to monitor their profiles, I suppose.

Megamaniac
01-04-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by AlexH
How about a team event.

we did have that and i was teamed with stefan :P but it got cancelled...