PDA

View Full Version : Dustari uniforms - let's hear some input

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-29-2002, 12:20 PM
Okay, just some quick info. In case you didn't know already, you will NOT be required to wear these uniforms in battle, they are just for looks.. things like ceremonies, parades, events and such.

Also, you will probably have to haul your uniform around at first, or keep it in a house because I don't have storage planned for it yet, though if we can get an empty house and place the uniforms in boxes and chests, then every Dustarian gets a key and takes it out whenever they pleases

Two factors when I made these uniforms: One was how they looked, and two was how easy they are to make. I won't include things like diamond blades and golden warrior helmets in the uniform because they are simply too hard to find/create. Something simple will have to do for now. Anyways, here are the few varaities. Tell me which you like and maybe come up with a better combo, just keep in mind they need to be easy to make (clothes are not part of the uniform, just the equipment)

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-29-2002, 12:20 PM
Option 2

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-29-2002, 12:22 PM
Final option. You can also think creatively and add different shields.swords to the combo. The current shield I was using was shiny shield but I was also considering the cross shield.

JrTerrorist
11-29-2002, 12:34 PM
Hmm, they look good.. but I still think your Avatar is the best ive seen.. blue mage clothing w/ silver plate mail armor.. + shiny shield and a katana or that blue sword you had.. *whistles* that'd be nice.. (My current clothing is
Wizardish Clothing
Silver Plate Mail
Silver Paladin Helm
Shiny Shield
Katana OR Composite Bow (Blue one)
O.o..)

brock128
11-29-2002, 09:22 PM
I think you should try to match the helmet color and the armor color, like gold helmet and gold armor, or somthing. That's my two cents, anyway.

Zurkiba
11-29-2002, 10:55 PM
I would just suggest something lightweight... like a Golden Chain Mail or Silver Chain mail.

Leave the face open because then the soldiers can still have the idea that they are still differnt.

Larrien
11-29-2002, 11:26 PM
I like the look of the vanadium blade versus the steel sword, though the vanadium blade doesn't look Dustari-ish.

Maybe you could have the royalty wear gold chain mail and the rest of Dustari wear silver chain mail? It'd kind of distinguish royalty (Amelyn last name) from the others.

I like the chain mail idea. Shields might be an option, though maybe using the same sword would give us a kingdom-ish feel, like our weapons were assigned by a smither.

Evil_Lord_Sparda
11-29-2002, 11:49 PM
maybe people of different ranks woulld wear a different uniform, ie squire wears something different to an officer

how will we be able to take our clothes round with us? will the current method be changed?

Anyway, i think options three's the best

Crovax_Dark_Lord
11-30-2002, 12:47 AM
How about certain people don't wear uniform, uniform should only be for the military, I say this because I like my black robes, its very fitting for my rank...
/edit Is the zombie head too much for a prohet of bile? (not an official title, something I threw in, tell me if your against it...) I've been wanting to ask this...

Larrien
11-30-2002, 01:14 AM
About the uniforms, I thought of something else maybe we could add later. Why not have shields distinguishing different sections?

The royalty could use the shiny or samurai shield.

The navy could use a different shield than the army.

So on and so forth.

Could also format that with armor and swords. It'd give people a bit of individuality without taking away from the Dustari-ish look of their uniforms. So far, I'm still undecided pertaining to the options.

Crovax- I personally don't think it's too much for a "prophet of Bile". Bile is the evil god. I really wouldn't care if a Diancecht prophet wore the Zombie head. Whatever you like.

[edit] Is there a difference between option 2 and option 3 or am I just blind? They both look the same- vanadium blade, golden chain mail, silver paladin helmet, shiny shield.

Olorin
11-30-2002, 01:39 AM
I like my combo of blue robes, golden chain mail, golden paladin helmet, and cross shield

Zurkiba
11-30-2002, 02:19 AM
Have the same uniform for all...
But have Officers wear a differnt helmet?

Larrien
11-30-2002, 04:13 AM
That could actually work, Zurkiba. It would allow people the individuality that is needed, plus allowing them to look like Dustarians.

What do you all think about shield/swords? Be the same? Different? I'm undecided.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-30-2002, 04:58 AM
Uniforms can have variations, but not every rank should. It would just be incredibly confusing and hard to make individual uniforms for every person. Maybe royalty can distinguish themselves with gold chain mail or a gold helm, same with generals or archmage etc.

Here is the final uniform variant, I've heard good things so far but tell me what you think

Larrien
11-30-2002, 06:03 AM
Not bad. I especially like the look of the silver/silver/silver combination. The vanadium blade, while more Pirate-ish, goes with the silver better than the steel sword, I think. Overall, I like it. :)

PuffyPuppy
11-30-2002, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I like it a lot. Like you said. Royalty and the offercers can have maybe gold chain mail AND gold paladin? and maybe you can have any weapon, maybe for mages they could have a wand or a staff

Legondary_MyTH
11-30-2002, 11:28 AM
me and alot of my firends like this look.

Legondary_MyTH
11-30-2002, 11:29 AM
=D

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-30-2002, 02:38 PM
That one looks nice too, but the uniform has to embody what Dustari representsa. Naginata is more of a Samurai weapon. Also the gold chain mail and gold paladin is a bit harder to make than the silver. Remember, uniforms won't be for battle, just for ceremonies and such

Crovax_Dark_Lord
11-30-2002, 06:41 PM
Well, if the uniform is decided, someone post the list of total material needed (I'm working on it now) and we'll ask some miners or someone to get it...

/edit
Right, uniform as follows:
Silver Paladin: 1 gold, 2 hat skelentons, 2 iron bars
Vandium Blade: 2 gold, 2 iron blades
Silver Chain: 1 gold, 2 iron plates
Shiny Shield: 3 iron plates
Amounts too: 4 Gold, 11 Iron, 3-4 Coal

Crovax_Dark_Lord
11-30-2002, 08:13 PM
Mizterworry and I went to make our uniforms adn this is a pic of us (by the way, I'm not happy with the way it looks on me...)

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
12-01-2002, 02:04 AM
Hehe, nice work guys. I was actually planning to go make the uniforms for everyone, but I guess you went ahead and beat me ;)

Anyhow, I know it may not look good on some people, but you don't have to wear it all the time. It will only be on very rare and few occasions. In battle, you wear whatever you want, we can't be restrained by weaker armaments.

Jeff
12-01-2002, 02:17 AM
Maybe have three basic tiers.

Armor:

Royalty - Gold plate (Four or so gold plates wouldn't be too hard to get, probably)

Nobility and high officers - Silver plate (dime a dozen)

Everyone else - Bronze plate (easy to make)

Helmets should be of the Paladin variety and matching to the armor.

Not sure about swords and shields....

Larrien
12-01-2002, 02:25 AM
Maybe an exception could be made so that royalty can use whatever armor/helmet they want? I don't know.. just to distinguish royalty from everyone else?

Just a few thoughts.

brock128
12-01-2002, 04:49 AM
I like style 4 the best, but how about gold rather then silver for royalty?

MasterNuke
12-01-2002, 05:31 AM
=/ i dont wear any armor at all x.x

TeRRi2k
12-01-2002, 10:07 AM
.....!
......! hey what about me and arwen ;o the ladies =p

Redwizard
12-21-2002, 12:29 PM
maybe i could make gfx for a dustari uniform...