PDA

View Full Version : Spells that should be items...

Zach1
11-22-2002, 01:32 AM
Create bomb shouldnt be a spell, more of somthing an alchemist makes...If it were given to alchemists, it would work more like the 2k1 bombs, and possibly damage houses, or castle walls, or a way to self destruct ships...if they were given that much power, though it should take quite a few ingredients to make...

Sidenote: For staff to snake, once it's scripted you should be able to sort of control the snake you have made from a weapon until it's killed, less of a remote controlled car, more of a bomy pet with actual commands, later on we can do transfiguration spell, where you can master different baddies, and morph items into them, same idea could work for summoning

anUk
11-22-2002, 01:43 AM
nice ideas

BlKnight
11-22-2002, 01:56 AM
NO DAMAGING HOSUES!

I will not play a game where someone can destroy a work that takes 6-12 hours in a few minutes, or even hours.

Zach1
11-22-2002, 04:55 AM
Not nessisarily KILL THEM, but towns need to be able to be ravaged, and pillaged JUST_A_BIT. Maybe you could loosen floorboards, and build secret traps, and passages to hide your valuables...even so, all kingdom buildings and boats should be under kingdom mode, so only kingdom mode players can hurt them...once everything is done and working properly it should be harder for a ship to even reach the coastline, let alone dock, get everyone off, and attack....

Maybe, we could have smaller rowboats, so the ship and captain stay at sea, and then a few rowboats get to shore, hide the boats, and attack....just a thought....

BlKnight
11-22-2002, 05:18 AM
How about incorporating pillaging houses into a new repair system. I gues it would be fun if attacking a island could leave some mark.

How about, all houses loose 2% daily. Each repair (same amount fo materials) fixes 5%. You can attack the house and depending on the type of attack it does damage to the house (ie a sword might take five hits to do 1% damage, while a cannonball mught do 3% on it's own). You can't do damage to a hosue under 10%. That means that it will cause a great inconvenience to them but you can't actually destroy their house.

Zach1
11-22-2002, 05:20 AM
at that point, the inside should be accessable...((thieves should be able to pick locks soon)

AlexH
11-22-2002, 05:23 AM
I don't think houses should be able to be destroyed or pillaged by other players.
The reason being people leave on holidays or just don't play for a few days then their house is gone through no fault of their own.
Rather unfair no?

And pillaging peoples houses will just make people mad about losing all their hard earned stuff.

Zach1
11-22-2002, 05:32 AM
Ok, i sort of agree with you...but the problem is, there needs to be some sort of monetary prize for attacking a kingdom, winning.

MasterNuke
11-22-2002, 06:07 AM
Gonbai... you sound like you want to torment everyone by breaking into everyones house and stealing all their stuff and laughing at them... and probably mine being the first one...
Theres a pretty dam large number of people who don't like to be stolen from... and there's the few who like to make an ******* of themselves and torment people.
Also getting stuff from kingdoms by pillaging them... bad idea... why? Not everyone can be on Graal to defend their house when you just randomly decide to float over and pillage and thieve.
Kingdom war on Graal really shouldn't involve player houses at all. It is a game, if a extremely large downpoint comes to a player, they will just put the game down and move to another one.
Such a friggin bad idea to introduce thievery so early in development...

BlKnight
11-22-2002, 06:09 AM
Pick locking? No way. Make stealing form players but not robbing houses.

Making it harder to repair your houes is one thing, making it be able to be robbed is another.

Security of the items in your house should be unquestionable. there should be no possible way to steal from anything isndie your house or even access it.

People make their houses, and spend hours and hours doing so mostly to use it as a storage area. If suddnely the house can be destroyed or robbed than I will simply slel it and keep my stuff on me.

Python523
11-22-2002, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by MasterNuke
It is a game
which is exactly why houses should be able to be broken into, in some games, thieves exist, and what's their purpose? to annoy people by stealing, I will ask stefan about maybe making a house repair system, maybe a few plats daily for a certain % point added on (talk to an npc or something like that to have it repair)

BlKnight
11-22-2002, 06:25 AM
It is a game that you put hours and hours of effort into.

Think about it this way: You've worked your ass of for a small fortune. You keep it in your house and you come on the next day and it's all gone. Hours and hours worth of work.

Like I said Jagen, you make a house to be secure, not so you need to worry. The game shouldn't a anxiety thing, where you are sitting at school and thinking omg what if that guy I pissed off breaks into my house and steals my ring which I have worked months for. Believe me many people would be like this.

MasterNuke
11-22-2002, 06:51 AM
"Thief" --> "Rouge" with the option to do thievery... not a whole class based on pissing people off. This is about the 4th time i've mentioned it. Thieving in a game works when your stealing from a non-player. Thieving doesn't work in a game where players spend 6-12 hours getting something, and losing it in 5 seconds just because of another players jealousy and desires.
Think ahead... richest person being that lev 4 thief with 20 hours that robbed some level 14 sorcerer's 37k plat while he was on a business trip in real life.

And sorry for getting off topic... but Gonbai is getting on my nerves with his constant requests for a sure way to piss people off. I do agree that Create bomb should be a thing where Alchemists actually make the bomb with alchemy.... not a spell.... but right now its pretty much the best thing since fireball isn't a sudden explosion of fire spell but a spell that acts alot like a napalm.

Zach1
11-22-2002, 06:52 AM
Idiotic Blather

first, i never said it needed to be done right away.
second, I AM A PIRATE . How could ANYONE try and insult me for suggesting thievery? HOW!? Good GOD you rich people are stupid.
You complain at anything that could knock you off your highhorse, How could you tell anyone it's just a game, when you're sitting here making an idiot of yourself, trying to defend your riches. Snob.

Zach1
11-22-2002, 06:58 AM
In this game, thieves are NOT rogues, have you seen the thief image in the start screen? NOT a rogue. a bum with a knife, we have no skills, no underlining tallents. We deserve SOMTHING.
nobodys saying that a thief should be able to steal from level 10 wizards with 38k at level 1, of course they would have to work for skill,

for this class to be halfway finished we need town guards, and some more skills, along with the title rogue... it's skills wouldnt have to be omnipotent 1337 skills, just anything slightly unfair, lowbrow, and tricky.

MasterNuke
11-22-2002, 07:08 AM
Well... my "idiotic blather" HAS A PRETTY GOOD [email protected]#$% POINT YOU [email protected]#$% BIASED [email protected]#[email protected]#!#[email protected]!#!!!

I AM A PIRATE

And NOW your sudgesting that Pirates have to be better than EVERY OTHER [email protected]#$ INDIVIDUAL!!
I AM [email protected]#$% STICKING UP FOR ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT THEIR [email protected]#$ STUFF STOLEN/DAMAGED

You complain at anything that could knock you off your highhorse

No. I'm complaining because I often witness you going around to other kingdom islands for the sole purpose of bothering people. And I would rather incinerate myself in a microwave than see bad people get the stuff they want.

MasterNuke
11-22-2002, 07:11 AM
I went off topic again sorry..... or maybe im not... :mad:
Anyway, thieves DO need something... prolly to get them into the game again... theres a serious lack of them because of their lack of potence currently....

AlexH
11-22-2002, 07:14 AM
Stealing from players is okay.
But not being able to steal anything that is worn. Kinda like losing an item on death but instead of losing it the theif would get it.
I'm still not and don't think I ever will be to fond of my house being able to get robbed.

BlKnight
11-22-2002, 07:30 AM
There is no game out there where you have to be onlien ALL THE TIME in order to protect the thigs you ahve already worked HOURS for. Maybe this is a sign that it is a bad idea?

Zach1
11-22-2002, 09:08 AM
I never said we're better than anyone (its my kingdom, of course i think that.) and about me being on your island, i am actually ooc friends with larrien, and i'm pretty sure that ooc the princess dosent think im that repulsive either, I only say this because i've had a good converstation with both of them ooc. That and we're at war. Unlike you, larrien is like myself gagging for a chance to rp.

*edit*
Nobody said that i'm trying to make my kingdom better than anyone other than training every so often, its just that we're pirates. stealing/damaging stuff is what we do. maybe to even it out each kingdom could be given some kind of product to export, i donno...there is no need to flip out like that though.

Python523
11-22-2002, 09:26 AM
both of you are overreactin, take a chill pill, and ed, pirates arent like dustari, RPing for us is going around, plundering, and killding

MasterNuke
11-22-2002, 10:46 AM
2 out of 2 psycologists deem me emotionally unstable =/
Sorry... I just got pissed off...

Jeff
11-22-2002, 10:36 PM
Breaking into houses would only be acceptible if only freefloating items and perhaps items in unlocked containers could be stolen.

No stealing of furniture or from locked containers and the threat wouldn't be quite as big.

But really, I'm against it....houses are as often as not no part of roleplaying at all, and usually items aren't.

Locke_boy
11-22-2002, 11:37 PM
And I would rather incinerate myself in a microwave than see bad people get the stuff they want.

Actually, the microwaves would boil your blood until it killed you .. and if the machine were on long enough you'd probably explode from the internal pressure... :o