PDA

View Full Version : Complaint: thefingershield.gif


SaitoHajime
11-20-2002, 08:42 AM
In the spirit of the anti-sexual harrassment posts/legislation, I would like to protest this thefingershield.gif. From what I am told, this is a global shield. I would like this removed ASAP. If it isn't global, then I wish the local server that has it to take it down. It's attached so you can see what I'm talking about.

ByblosHex
11-20-2002, 08:44 AM
Good point, Lot of stuff here should be removed

Aknts
11-20-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by SaitoHajime
In the spirit of the anti-sexual harrassment posts/legislation, I would like to protest this thefingershield.gif. From what I am told, this is a global shield. I would like this removed ASAP. If it isn't global, then I wish the local server that has it to take it down. It's attached so you can see what I'm talking about.


Oh my God.. How about you umm not look at it when someone uses it.

SaitoHajime
11-20-2002, 09:14 AM
I'm making a point. (No pun intended :-\ )

If we're going to go about enforcing these sexual harrassment type things, we can't just go about it half-assed and allow things like this to become approved, while banning others.

Zero Tolerance is what Stefan stated in Moon Goddess's thread. And I'm all for zero tolerance - it just needs to be enforced.

Originally posted by Aknts



Oh my God.. How about you umm not look at it when someone uses it.

While being a possible solution, this is not practical. It becomes difficult when a bunch of people think it's the funniest thing in the world and are all running around using it.

Aknts
11-20-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by SaitoHajime
half-assed
Zero Tolerance is what Stefan stated in Moon Goddess's thread. And I'm all for zero tolerance - it just needs to be enforced.


I find that very offensive.. I hope Stefan views this thread and bans you. I do not enjoy people using that word. Threw a ruff stage in my life I have grown to not like that word and find it very offensive in a sexual way. Stefan if you see this please ban him.

XxxxneosoftxxxX
11-20-2002, 09:27 AM
what's the point of that 'shield', remove it.

SaitoHajime
11-20-2002, 09:57 AM
half-assed is not sexual harrassment, sorry Spanky :)

It is merely a term that describes an attempt with little care or effort behind it.

(It's funny; I KNEW someone would say something about that, yet it was the best-suited phrase.)

ByblosHex
11-20-2002, 10:09 AM
Shields like that are pointless and just ruin the atmosphere of a fantasy adventure game. what kind of ***** makes shields like that anyway?

XxxxneosoftxxxX
11-20-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by ByblosHex
Shields like that are pointless and just ruin the atmosphere of a fantasy adventure game. what kind of ***** makes shields like that anyway?

Idiots from Unholy Nation that made those condom machines. They are all *****s. They server use to have so many illegal images that it wasn't funny. Wait.. it still isn't funny.. UN is crap.

ByblosHex
11-20-2002, 10:26 AM
Alot of things are crap and pointless just like the removal of offline multiplayer, and yeah UN is ***** nation

SaitoHajime
11-20-2002, 10:42 AM
*suggests that Playerworld Inspection and Graphics Administration do a bit more in-depth detective work to find things like this and make sure they are removed, if its possible and there aren't circumstances that make it impossible*

Darlene159
11-20-2002, 11:13 AM
also, the shield that looks like a pot leaf, I think its called mapleleaf shield or something...obviously not a maple leaf

Loriel
11-20-2002, 08:17 PM
I completely agree with Tseng on this point.

ByblosHex
11-21-2002, 03:05 AM
It doesnt offend me personally but i think there should be 2 seperate server types those for serious players and the other for *****s, or pkers

Timpan3
11-21-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by ByblosHex
and the other for *****s, or pkers

So you're stating that aren't PKers "serious players" ? Or did you mean that PKers are "*****s"? Which way is it?

VampiricTutorNewHD
11-21-2002, 03:58 AM
I play UN, and I'm not a *****. Alot of *****s play classic. Alot of *****s play Graal, for that matter. Which server they play on makes no difference.

Kuza
11-21-2002, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by VampiricTutorNewHD
I play UN, and I'm not a *****. Alot of *****s play classic. Alot of *****s play Graal, for that matter. Which server they play on makes no difference.

a lot of people can't properly punctuate a lot, but on graal it makes no difference. ;)

XxxxneosoftxxxX
11-21-2002, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by VampiricTutorNewHD
I play UN, and I'm not a *****. Alot of *****s play classic. Alot of *****s play Graal, for that matter. Which server they play on makes no difference.

Yea but for some odd reason.. Most of them hang out on UN. :megaeek:

Cid_Night
11-21-2002, 06:45 AM
I think they are global, because they were on DD but we took out both the finger shield and the pot leaf shield. As for this thread, how did this change from a simple thread about removing some stuff that really should be removed, to a UN bash thread? Comeon people, be civilized. Calling all UN players *****s is such a ridiculous generalization. Every server has their SSJ4 ****s and jerks, but due to UN's large population, they have a larger population of ****s as well. Cut em some slack people, don't you think they take enough crap?

Admins
11-21-2002, 07:18 AM
Using the word '*****' for people you don't like is actually more offensive than that funny shield, but I agree that it shouldn't appear in a multiplayer, where players should also show some respect for the other players. There are enough ways to show that you don't like the other players which are better than using bad words or uploading such images.

XxxxneosoftxxxX
11-21-2002, 07:47 AM
Yes I should not have used '*****'. But come on, how many times has that server been caught with illegal images? Its getting kind of goofy now. :\

AlexH
11-21-2002, 07:48 AM
UN has had tons of images they shouldn't have had.
They're catching up on Val. :eek:

brock128
11-21-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Stefan
funny shield
I certainally hope thats "funny odd" not funny ha-ha

Kuza
11-21-2002, 11:58 AM
haha. this is coming from the guy who runs graal.

it's hopeless. UN brings in money/revenue. period.

Acererak
11-21-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by ByblosHex
Alot of things are crap and pointless just like the removal of offline multiplayer

What is the point of level1.graal now?

ShadowStrike2k1
11-23-2002, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Aknts


I find that very offensive.. I hope Stefan views this thread and bans you. I do not enjoy people using that word. Threw a ruff stage in my life I have grown to not like that word and find it very offensive in a sexual way. Stefan if you see this please ban him.
what in the hell could make you not like the word assed? What were you thrown into a locker where you had your ass hair singed off? God

ByblosHex
11-23-2002, 12:51 PM
***** isnt an offesive word its just a word i like to call people and things, all offensive material should be removed. How could someone be offended by being called *****??? its such a funny word

Griffyn
11-27-2002, 11:41 AM
Finger shield? Woah, wish I knew that existed. :(

Delteria_Free18
11-27-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by brock128

I certainally hope thats "funny odd" not funny ha-ha

I am almost positive he means funny ha-ha :)