PDA

View Full Version : New GScript commands

Slaktmaster
06-02-2001, 05:43 PM
Is it possible to get an GScript command to update levels without the use of an NPC-server?
It would also be good if there was an Isadmin flag that is set when the current player is on the staff list.

And I have another suggestion!
Please make so bomys can walk diagonally!

Psyker
06-03-2001, 04:06 AM
1. you can update it manually when you have admin-access to your account by saying "update level" or "update level level.graal xx yy"

however, scripted updating levels would be nice

2. yeah, that'd be nice too

3. no.

fugitive316
06-03-2001, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Psyker
however, scripted updating levels would be nice

Mmmmm I like!

It would be neat if you could automatically update the most busy levels every hour to keep lag down.

galen
06-03-2001, 05:33 AM
updating a level doesn't keep the lag down, it will increase it. The process of updating a level involves sending all level and NPC information to every player in the updated level. I also believe an NPC function to update levels is a bad idea. What if someone did this

for ($i=0;$i==$i;$i++) {npc_levelupdate($currlevel);}

this isn't real GScript but you understand the idea. An infinant levle update. LAGMONSTER

JoMomma
06-03-2001, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by galen

for ($i=0;$i==$i;$i++) {npc_levelupdate($currlevel);}

You've been writing too much PHP :P

MoonAngel
06-03-2001, 05:53 AM
they made a RC npc weapon on Bravo.. i only got to use it for a few minutes since i got it by error, but it had warpto which is easy to make, it had the option to kill any player online, it could update levels, and i dont know what else there is in it

XilosTinsu
06-06-2001, 03:20 AM
Can't GPs do this already, by saying updatelevel? I think they need to make that work on all levels however, it would be really nice for LATs

Kaimetsu
06-06-2001, 03:21 AM
In theory you could make an NPC that warped you to level x, set your chat text to "updatelevel" and then sent you back. But that would hardly be a perfect solution and it would require a human presence.

Admins
06-06-2001, 04:23 AM
On servers with npcserver you don't need
update level except when you are uploading
levels.
On free servers it could easily be abused,
so there is no reason for adding it.

Brandon_Bravo
06-09-2001, 03:42 PM
An NPC that warped you to a level, set your text to update level, and then warped you back would be less efficient than simply saying "update level levelname.graal".

MoonAngel
06-09-2001, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by XilosTinsu
Can't GPs do this already, by saying updatelevel? I think they need to make that work on all levels however, it would be really nice for LATs

Anyone with Adminlevel of at least 1 can update level, adminlevel is for RC accounts