PDA

View Full Version : Some new things you should all be informed of

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-15-2002, 01:09 PM
Just a couple of things for now.

1) I'm considering putting a quota for Dustari in. The quota will have to deal with what level you have to be in order to stay/join the kingdom. Now, I know you all have lives, as I do, so I won't set the quota to level 7 or 8, but I also want to set it to something reasonable so you don't all go around getting bisected by one swing in battle. There is an equilibrium you must reach when it comes to valuable role-players to the community and people who have skills. I was thinking that you have to be at least level 4, or have a reasonable explanation why you aren't in order to stay/join. I want to know your opinions on this.

2) Lots of you have things to sell, and that's why Stefan is releasing the market this weekend (yay!). While I understand that you guys want to sell it as fast as possible, therefore you turn to your peers in toguilds, I won't accept people saying "selling stones pm me offers" over and over and over again, even if you have the brackets in the toguild. The same goes to "someone help me get some boards plz" etc. It's alright to ask once, twice, maybe three times over a reasonable period, but continuously asking and repeating it even when people don't respond is considered harasment, and that is punishable by a warning/exile. So be warned, and play hard :)

JrTerrorist
11-15-2002, 01:27 PM
Sounds good, but uhh.. I restarted so I gotta train a while and become level 4 X.x

zell12
11-15-2002, 07:00 PM
Everyone keeps restarting thinking they can get something better. Let me tell ya something thoses that do this, it doesn't help you, because you have to level up again, and the king... he has to keep changing your rank.

Evil_Lord_Sparda
11-16-2002, 01:37 AM
yeah, i agree, but i think that civilians shouldn't have to be up at the same rank as military

BlKnight
11-16-2002, 02:13 AM
If someone can rp decently, who cares if they aren't level 3? I say get as many people as possible to join, nothing bad can happen.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-16-2002, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by zell12
Everyone keeps restarting thinking they can get something better. Let me tell ya something thoses that do this, it doesn't help you, because you have to level up again, and the king... he has to keep changing your rank.
That's my meaning

Everyone tries to get the best stats possible with the best scroll, and then they think the faster route is so much easier, so they quickly go into battle mode to maximize killing EXP, but what they fail to realize is that you've got tanks at level 10+ in battle mode and they are specifically there to pick off the weak guys. Then they all complain "omg it's not fair I lost stats and stuff so I am restarting" and they repeat the process over again.

It's amazing what happens when you take 3 minutes to think about how you're going to accomplish something instead of diving right in. Slow and steady wins the race.

zell12
11-16-2002, 03:03 AM
I used peaceful mode to go from level 7 to level 9 in about 2 and a half hours.

brock128
11-16-2002, 07:29 AM
Leveling is currently tedius and boring. If you add a level requirement to dustari, I'll pack my bags and go elsewhere.

zell12
11-16-2002, 07:38 AM
I think its nice and you just pledged that you are not loyal to Dustari. Tresion. I think a bath in tar and chicken feathers would be good for you.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-16-2002, 02:15 PM
I never said ther'd be a requirement, I want to know what you all think.

If you cannot do anything in battle, except get slaughtered, the only other asset you have to the comunity is your role-playing skills. It's something we'd like to keep, but we would like a bit of both, otherwise think of what problems we may have down the road. It's going to become quite an embarrasing situation.

Crovax_Dark_Lord
11-16-2002, 02:41 PM
Meh, I just died at nearly lvl13, I've already restored my stats and should be lvl 13 by this afternoon, perhaps I really am immortal, since diing doen't affect me ;)

brock128
11-16-2002, 07:46 PM
I think its nice and you just pledged that you are not loyal to Dustari. Tresion. I think a bath in tar and chicken feathers would be good for you.
I did not say that. I said that if they make this, then I can't join dustari. And I think the idea is stupid anyway.
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
I never said ther'd be a requirement, I want to know what you all think.

If you cannot do anything in battle, except get slaughtered, the only other asset you have to the comunity is your role-playing skills. It's something we'd like to keep, but we would like a bit of both, otherwise think of what problems we may have down the road. It's going to become quite an embarrasing situation.
Have you thought of other things, such as making fortifications or getting food? Those are important too.

zell12
11-16-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by brock128
If you add a level requirement to dustari, I'll pack my bags and go elsewhere.
Clearly that says that you will no longer be loyal to the king and you threatin' to leave.

GryffonDurime
11-18-2002, 07:48 AM
Dustari is a Psuedo-Democratic Monarchy. The base principle of what the Amelyn family has always been is giving people the rights deserved. Ability to express opinions is one of them. Besides, Oryan is a Priest, his function isnt to fling himself to the throngs of battle, it's to remain near the back and support others with healing and shielding. Agumentation is his job description, and just because he can't level quickly-at all-due to the restrictions upon his class, dosen't make him some sort of Benedict Arnold out to usurp the government and plunge the world into a spiraling maelstrom of anarchy-that's my job ;) . So lay off Dallion. As I recall, you're a defector yourself

zell12
11-18-2002, 08:30 AM
No, I was thrown out for playing with the little say commands.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-18-2002, 10:10 AM
No, I was thrown out for playing with the little say commands.
You left because you didn't want to be in a kingdom with necromancers, want me to dig up the thread?

zell12
11-18-2002, 10:13 AM
No thats why Diago left, and I followed.
I was exiled by Arwen for playin' with them commands. When offered to come back, I denied.

Crovax_Dark_Lord
11-18-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_

You left because you didn't want to be in a kingdom with necromancers, want me to dig up the thread?
I think Zormite has Necromancers too...

zell12
11-18-2002, 07:01 PM
Yeah I saw that too.

-Axel-
11-19-2002, 04:39 AM
Yes, they do, but they have nothing to do with the name. In all RPness, it has nothing to do with the name... They use it as a high level sorceror.

TeRRi2k
11-19-2002, 10:31 AM
well back to the requirment part. well i guess aftershock's suggestion has its benefits and drawbacks. I do think however, that this dont necessary have to apply to non-military ranks, because, of course it is not a requirment to train and be strong and fight monsters off if you're a cilvilian or a priest. But, it is pretty pathetic to be killed off in one or two hits, no matter what your rank is. Though priests/civilians don't go to battle, there is a chance that our civilians and other people can be harmed by enemies and it's basically for self defense.
I think non-military rankings should have other requirments though, because if not, all the knights and people who are below lvl 4 will just switch to other rankings.
And I think if this quota applies, you should give our members a certain amount of time so they could do any necessary training and what not.

brock128
11-19-2002, 07:14 PM

Clearly that says that you will no longer be loyal to the king and you threatin' to leave.
If he adds a level requirement. That idea totally disgusts me and it would make me leave. And force me to.

Anyway, try not to mix RPing on the fourms kbye.
Originally posted by GryffonDurime
Besides, Oryan is a Priest, his function isnt to fling himself to the throngs of battle, it's to remain near the back and support others with healing and shielding.
Is it just me or are the fourms getting more intelligent? Geez. I like you already. The only thing is, I changed to warrior, but got a scroll of piety and it worked, so I'm a paladin now. Sorta kinda.

Anyway, I think that hitting any non warrior is an extremly hostile act. It's like the military comming and shooting you right now. So I think for all RPing terms, if they hit you first or they have a military rank, you are then allowed to hit them. Of course, that's just my thought on the subject. As for the level limit, I think also it should only be applied to the military.

Crovax_Dark_Lord
11-19-2002, 11:08 PM
I was a warrior with piety, so I took the only natural choice and became a paladin, unbeknown to me there were several stringent rules and I was quickly ousted, being human, (thus 'greedy') and was forced along the path of 'evil' They could have demoted me or something similar, when I said what rank should I be now? They jumped to necromancer, so should every 'greedy' person be a necromancer? They were the ones who made me evil...

Jeff
11-20-2002, 01:03 AM
Zell, I seem to recall that you lost your tag for calling Arwen a name that I don't think we're allowed to repeat on the fora...or at least that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

If it was in character you were insulting your queen, and if it was out of character you were abusing a kingdom medium and violating the rules of Graa to boot.

As for the level minimum, I'd suggest that be for people who claim their value to be in the arts of war.