PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering...

Shiftk03-
11-15-2002, 12:08 PM
Anyone else having trouble connecting to the Graal Serverlist? It gets me to where it says its connecting to the serverlist and then says "Connection could not be made"....Yes I'm on the internet or I obviously wouldn't be able to post this..

Cid_Night
11-15-2002, 12:15 PM
ya, servers are just down id suppose, happens all the time, they'll be back in a few hours maybe, maybe a day or two at most.

NovaNET
11-15-2002, 12:30 PM
I hope its not down to long and i hope no playerworld data is lost. I would imagine they do backups

Cid_Night
11-15-2002, 12:43 PM
pw managers or co-managers should have backups neways...Im pretty sure Tifa has ours backed up nova.

Ashy
11-15-2002, 12:46 PM
Well the people that haven't got off graal are still online i should have never shut down my computer to restart *Slaps Self*

--Korp Atticus

NovaNET
11-15-2002, 12:52 PM
Servers seem to be online!

It looks like their list server(s) DNS just isnt resolving....

So yes anyone who was on until DNS died is still on.....
Also CID thanks for the vote for my forums rating i voted you up too!

Cid_Night
11-15-2002, 01:02 PM
lol its cause your doing so good on the site

DoragonKoden_RC6
11-15-2002, 02:10 PM
The serverlist DNS is working, but the serverlist software is not running.

The serverlist runs on port 14922, which gives a nice connection refused when you try to connect to it.

CheeToS2
11-15-2002, 06:22 PM
Stefan should make the next version connect to the IP instead of the DNSes... since this happens so often

Python523
11-15-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by CheeToS2
Stefan should make the next version connect to the IP instead of the DNSes... since this happens so often
it is not the DNS problem, the serverlist ISNT very strong, it could EASILY be frozen if enough data is sent to it to stop it from responding (which is what viper did, he had a ton of people ping the IPs)

SaitoHajime
11-15-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Python523

it is not the DNS problem, the serverlist ISNT very strong, it could EASILY be frozen if enough data is sent to it to stop it from responding (which is what viper did, he had a ton of people ping the IPs)

Wow. Thanks for advertising this; I'm sure all the hackers out there would like to know that. It was a really good idea to not only say this but emphasize the EASINESS of it. Genious.

Idiot.

Circa
11-16-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by SaitoHajime

Wow. Thanks for advertising this; I'm sure all the hackers out there would like to know that. It was a really good idea to not only say this but emphasize the EASINESS of it. Genious.

Idiot.
Even though it has been explained long before so "hackers" could see it?

idiot

Wow, that make feel intelligent bud?

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-16-2002, 02:13 AM

Idiot.
Well, I'm pretty sure if there were hackers that they would know the basics of what they were doing, and that information would be no new news to them. When Viper shut down Graal for a day and a half, it was a hot topic on the forums.

Python523
11-16-2002, 05:25 AM

Idiot.
any 'hacker' would know that, even though viper IS an idiot he was smart enough to know that pinging the serverlist enough stopped it from responding, in fact anyone with HALF a brain would know that when too much data is sent to somethin, it does tend to freeze

zell12
11-16-2002, 05:34 AM
In order to freeze the server list he has to ping Stefan's computers to crash them causing them not to send information to the servers in Europe and in America.

SaitoHajime
11-17-2002, 03:10 AM
Perhaps they may know it, but you must admit that that post does not help in any way. The point is, you shouldn't post security vulnerabilities at all. Tell stefan in an email or something, but posting them here is simply stupid. "Hello! Hack graal! It's EASY! Here's how!" Quite a lot of emphasis on easy too.