PDA

View Full Version : Should Classic Members Have Acess...

Spark910
11-03-2002, 06:22 PM
I think they should redo the forums so that (It would make them better and more interesting) classic members have acess to. Now I dont mean give them everything maybe just:

None Related
Main
Bugs
Future Improvments
PlayerWorlds
And maybe a few more....

Basically everything except
Development (Levels, Scripting, NPC Server, Gani, GFX)

The reason for not giving acess to all of the development, is so there is a reason to sign up. Maybe they shouldnt get main! Anyway just thought Id ask.

Vote and the comment on Which Sections you think classic members should be aloud to get to, if any.

taz-graal
11-03-2002, 06:55 PM
Classic members should get what you just suggested. Those forums should be available to classic members. I don't see why it shouldn't be allowed. I mean its a freakin forum.

AlexH
11-03-2002, 07:03 PM
Yes although I think they should get development too.
Graal is fully pay to play, everyone who has paid should have fourm access.
There should be limitations on their accounts though like only being able to post once every 2 minutes.

Graal518
11-03-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by AlexH
Yes although I think they should get development too.
Graal is fully pay to play, everyone who has paid should have fourm access.
There should be limitations on their accounts though like only being able to post once every 2 minutes.

But why go through all the trouble of setting it up that way? I say that if anything, I think things are fine the way they are. The primary reason I upgraded my Cynicism account was to post here on the forums. If the forums mentioned above were able to be accessed by non-gold members, a lot of people would see no need to upgrade just to post in the 2k2 section, persay.

I would have said that people who have already upgraded gold accounts shouldn't need to in order to continue posting here. But that also would be one less incentive to upgrading again when you'd be able to use the forums for free. :\

AlexH
11-03-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Graal518

But why go through all the trouble of setting it up that way? I say that if anything, I think things are fine the way they are. The primary reason I upgraded my Cynicism account was to post here on the forums. If the forums mentioned above were able to be accessed by non-gold members, a lot of people would see no need to upgrade just to post in the 2k2 section, persay.

I would have said that people who have already upgraded gold accounts shouldn't need to in order to continue posting here. But that also would be one less incentive to upgrading again when you'd be able to use the forums for free. :\

If they don't want to play Graal Bomy Moon or Graal Kingdoms I think very few would upgrade just fourm the fourms.
At least not for $40.

Just limit the things they can do and only mask the fourms they need no access to (all the Bomy Moon and Kingdoms threads).

Googi
11-03-2002, 08:51 PM
You DO realise that this would outpower the "OMG WTF **** FUGUY" people over the more "intelligently speaking" people.

EliteDeath
11-03-2002, 10:48 PM
I dunno...I think that classic members should NOT be allowed to post in non related and main forum since they're the two most popular, maybe only forum PM's so they can reach stefan and unix would be fair. I know they've paid and all my main reason is players on the classic servers tend to be little punks who do nothing but curse and fight like pathetic little children all day.

Googi
11-03-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by EliteDeath
I dunno...I think that classic members should NOT be allowed to post in non related and main forum since they're the two most popular, maybe only forum PM's so they can reach stefan and unix would be fair. I know they've paid and all my main reason is players on the classic servers tend to be little punks who do nothing but curse and fight like pathetic little children all day.

Perhaps it's possible to reform them though...

AlexH
11-03-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Googi
You DO realise that this would outpower the "OMG WTF **** FUGUY" people over the more "intelligently speaking" people.

Then they'll just get banned.
The classic tab section isn't only full of *****s.
Yes there are lots because most people play there but it still has its fair share of friendly people.

And look at Graal Kingdoms.
The majority of player that play arn't exactly the most intellegent players on Graal.

zell12
11-04-2002, 12:40 AM
I say give them full access to all Public Forums, as we do. You don't see EQ making you upgrade or buy their game just to use the forums, do you?

Dach
11-04-2002, 12:57 AM
They should atleast have access to playerworld forums and development. A one or two minute limit on posts would be neccessary, as for this would reduce spamming ( the main reason why the forums went p2p).

For those of you who think classic players are all low life bums, You sir, are a jackass! Who are you to say that most all gold members are better than most all classic players? Does that even make sense? Or does that just make you a pompous, spoiled little child?

zell12
11-04-2002, 12:59 AM
Its just what some see on Classis with the SSJ GOkU r0x [b/f of SSJ*****a's 666] {lEaDeR oF tHe SSJs} massing some retarded crap.

Spark910
11-04-2002, 02:18 AM
Yes I agree with taz-graal's first comment, considering there paying they should get access to the forums like we do.

I also think it would be great maybe like a weekly postage amount. Or just one post per 2mins.

Maybe if they get some they may upgrade just for the forums as they may like them.

Also a suggestion maybe would be NO avatar and NO title. But that may be a bit too complex and mess up ours if they have bugs, so maybe not.

Mykel
11-04-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by zell12
Its just what some see on Classis with the SSJ GOkU r0x [b/f of SSJ*****a's 666] {lEaDeR oF tHe SSJs} massing some retarded crap. i hate that...

cloudstrifevii
11-04-2002, 03:46 AM
Thats stupid though and way too complicated to do. It would probally mess up the forums think of having to put every non p2p account enabled for those forums. I think they should buy gold. If they want access they can buy.

EliteDeath
11-04-2002, 04:21 AM

Perhaps it's possible to reform them though... Googi most of these kids can't be, hell the staff on those servers pretty much promote it.

Graal518
11-04-2002, 04:46 AM
Not all people from Classic/Playerworlds are idiots... -_- I first came to these forums when Mithica was p2p, and my Mithica_GP8 account was able to access the forums.. And besides...there are a lot of those "OMG WTF GUY" people who suscribe to gold.. Just because they do or don't upgrade does not deterimine their intelligence.

AlexH
11-04-2002, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by cloudstrifevii
Thats stupid though and way too complicated to do. It would probally mess up the forums think of having to put every non p2p account enabled for those forums. I think they should buy gold. If they want access they can buy.

But not all people want to play the gold servers.
They may be perfectly happy playing on one of the classic tab sections.
Graal should sell the fourms as a seperate buyable item like Something Awful fourms although the fourms should still be included in the gold upgrade account.

Milkdude99
11-04-2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Graal518
Not all people from Classic/Playerworlds are idiots... -_- I first came to these forums when Mithica was p2p, and my Mithica_GP8 account was able to access the forums.. And besides...there are a lot of those "OMG WTF GUY" people who suscribe to gold.. Just because they do or don't upgrade does not deterimine their intelligence. I agree but I think they should only have access to the Classic/Playerworlds Forums and not the rest , if they want to know what is doing on with Graal either upgrade or go to the Main site. They can gleam a certain amount from the Classic/Playerworld Forums and maybe this will wet their appetite enough to want to upgrade.

O_o I just noticed Zell12 and AlexH and I all registered in June 2001. :megaeek:

Graal518
11-04-2002, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
I agree but I think they should only have access to the Classic/Playerworlds Forums and not the rest , if they want to know what is doing on with Graal either upgrade or go to the Main site. They can gleam a certain amount from the Classic/Playerworld Forums and maybe this will wet their appetite enough to want to upgrade.

Limited access to the forums, giving them just Classic/Playerworld access does sound like a pretty good idea. I know if it were possible to not re-upgrade to use the forums, I most likely would never upgrade again. These forums, after all are an incentive to the paying Graal customer.

konidias
11-04-2002, 05:21 AM
If I'm not mistaken, anyone can view the forums, but only gold members can post... or was this changed?

I don't see the reason to have to go through all the work of having to enable posting for hundreds of accounts. First off, the forums would overflow with people that have no regard for forum rules, and we're definitely not prepared to have to moderate the forums 24 hours a day, and probably banning dozens of accounts a day.

Can you just imagine how many PMs forum staff and unix/stefan would get? 100's a day. Maxed out pm boxes nonstop. I'm not saying we can't have a lot of people, I'm just saying it would be hell to just suddenly allow hundreds of people to post in the blink of an eye.

Ibonic
11-04-2002, 05:47 AM
I didn't read all of the posts, so sorry if mine seems similar to someone elses.

I believe that classic members that have upgraded their account previously should be able to post on classic sections of the forums. Having some restrictions / requirements would probably be needed.

restriction examples:
-X amount of posts per thread per hour
-no new threads
-no sending private messages

requirement examples:
-XXX amount of hours on XXX's server to access XXX's forums
-an overall good rating from gold members (so basically, gold members could vote out classic users if they're doing things that aren't appreciated etc.)

not that they have to be exactly this, but similar ones may still make them want to upgrade

I'll help unix with the PHP etc. for this if he ever accepts the ideas

adam
11-04-2002, 06:47 AM
Classic players should have access to the Classic // Playerworlds forums

AlexH
11-04-2002, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Ibonic

-an overall good rating from gold members (so basically, gold members could vote out classic users if they're doing things that aren't appreciated etc.)
[/added]

Very bad idea.
I can tell you for a fact some people would rate people 1 just for the sake of getting them removed.

Cid_Night
11-04-2002, 07:07 AM
i dont think its very fair to consider all classic and pw users as SSJ4 HAR HAR I R 1337 people, because they arent. You'll find just as many classless people playing gold. Just because someone is able to get a hold of their parents credit card doesnt mean they are more intelligent then those that cant. My standpoint goes on the ability to post on development, classic/playerworld and the playerworld individual forums.

Kuza
11-04-2002, 07:39 AM
stereotyping is bad, okay? not everyone who plays the classic servers are unintelligent or stupid...

no offense or anything, but i already know everyone's personalities (well, for the most part) here and these forums need something to spice them up. you have to admit, it has got pretty damn boring around here as of lately.

Cid_Night
11-04-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Kuza
stereotyping is bad, okay? not everyone who plays the classic servers are unintelligent or stupid...

no offense or anything, but i already know everyone's personalities (well, for the most part) here and these forums need something to spice them up. you have to admit, it has got pretty damn boring around here as of lately.
agreed.

Graal518
11-04-2002, 08:59 AM
Yes. I know quite a few people who don't play Gold Graal, and they surpass in the intelligence factor of the common Gold player. They do (or did) indeed play in the classic/playerworld section of Graal.

Cid_Night
11-04-2002, 09:14 AM
i think i have a combined 5 hours in the gold servers, and I like to think of myself of having a high intelligence level...but then again, thats your opinion to take, not mine.

cloudstrifevii
11-04-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by AlexH

But not all people want to play the gold servers.
They may be perfectly happy playing on one of the classic tab sections.
Graal should sell the fourms as a seperate buyable item like Something Awful fourms although the fourms should still be included in the gold upgrade account.
ya but, who would want to buy access to forums? I mean who would pay to post here?

LOA--Paul
11-04-2002, 09:58 AM

I find that funny considering the Classic forum (under playerworlds list) is more civilized than a majority of the other forums

Cid_Night
11-04-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by LOA--Paul

I find that funny considering the Classic forum (under playerworlds list) is more civilized than a majority of the other forums
Even if they're normal players who aren't very accustomed to our forums, im sure they've all used forums before and know the basic rules of any forums, rules such as no swearing, no spamming, so on...I mean, not everyone who doesn't have 40 bucks is a complete *****.

Kuza
11-04-2002, 10:47 AM
very good point, Cid. :)

also, classic or gold, they are both players that have somehow contributed to graal's cause and they should be able to voice their opinions. you would think a game like graal would promote player input, but sometimes i get the feeling that's not the case.

Rioken_Hiroshyima
11-04-2002, 11:35 AM
I believe its more or less the classic players are set in.I'll take an example from Grand Theft Auto.

In the regular game you can do the missions,beat the game,ect.,which would be taking it seriously.But there are others who like to put in cheats,and theres nothing wrong with this,but it screws up how the game was supposed to be played.Such as how Graal is.I believe Gold members tend to take more of a seriousness to Graal,because either they want to take a game they paid for seriously,or they're serious about Graal and want to pay.Their behavior probably isn't based on their intelligence,but on the outlook of the game.

Some players react to it as "hey,I'm paying for this game,so I might as well make the most of it by making a nice name,and making friends",but some take it from a different approach,and may think "Well,i'm not paying for it,and it doesn't save me,I might as well screw around and see if I can find cheats for it/talk this way.There are exceptions,yes,but for the most part,gold players tend to take the game more seriously,because they paid 40$ for it.I'm sure I can go on classic and find 10 intelligent people,but I can also find 10 SSJ5AF NAPPA {Recruting 4 SSJ5AF Guyz}.I am guilty of that myself.In my classic days,I took on the role of Vivi,from Final Fantasy 9,and started a guild called the Vivi Alliance.At that time I wasn't taking Graal very seriously,and I wanted to start something that would be considered cool at the time.It had nothing to do with my intelligence,just my behavior.

As for whether or not they can post,I believe they should.Whats the point of having a classic forum,without having classic players on it?I'd even contribute to the cause to see that it was a clean forum.I got nothing better to do in life. =/

iroc_2001
11-04-2002, 11:48 AM
sorry but i think that's wrong...
saying that people who don't have gold accounts don't take graal seriously or whatever isn't accurate at all.

What if someone upgraded their account before, and liked playing on classic servers more then the gold servers, why would they upgrade just to play classic servers..it doesn't mean they don't take graal seriously just because they don't have a gold account.
Or what if they can not afford to upgrade their account.
Most people stereotype classic players as un intelligent or trouble makers or whatever....i think that really needs to stop =/

Rioken_Hiroshyima
11-04-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by iroc_2001
sorry but i think that's wrong...
saying that people who don't have gold accounts don't take graal seriously or whatever isn't accurate at all.

yes,but for the most part,gold players tend to take the game more seriously,because they paid 40$

tend1 Pronunciation Key (tnd)
intr.v. tend·ed, tend·ing, tends
To have a tendency: paint that tends toward bubbling and peeling over time.
To be disposed or inclined: tends toward exaggeration.
To move or extend in a certain direction: Our ship tended northward.

What if someone upgraded their account before, and liked playing on classic servers more then the gold servers, why would they upgrade just to play classic servers..it doesn't mean they don't take graal seriously just because they don't have a gold account.
Or what if they can not afford to upgrade their account.

because either they want to take a game they paid for seriously,or they're serious about Graal and want to pay.
|
|
There are exceptions,yes

Most people stereotype classic players as un intelligent or trouble makers or whatever....i think that really needs to stop =/

Their behavior probably isn't based on their intelligence,but on the outlook of the game.

You misinterpreted my post.
:\

Stev579
11-04-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by EliteDeath

Alas, Classic does have its annoying child population. I believe whoever has upgraded their account, should have lifetime access to the Classic and playerworlds main forum, and should have access to forum PMs. Seems acceptable.

Gangster88
11-04-2002, 07:41 PM
They should get development, they shouldn't get 2001 and 2002 and thats all. I doubt this will happen :(

Neonight
11-05-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Spark910
I think they should redo the forums so that (It would make them better and more interesting) classic members have acess to. Now I dont mean give them everything maybe just:

None Related
Main
Bugs
Future Improvments
PlayerWorlds
And maybe a few more....

Basically everything except
Development (Levels, Scripting, NPC Server, Gani, GFX)

The reason for not giving acess to all of the development, is so there is a reason to sign up. Maybe they shouldnt get main! Anyway just thought Id ask.

Vote and the comment on Which Sections you think classic members should be aloud to get to, if any.

So, basically, you're saying give Classic players all of the forum rights that Gold subscribers acutally USE?

Since they've upgraded once, they should get Playerworlds, Bugs, and POSSIBLE Future Improvements.

I'm more towards the "no" side, though.

Another good reason to say no is that Classic is actually free. You can make an account and try Graal on Classic for free. If someone gets banned, they can just come right back.

Milkdude99
11-05-2002, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Neonight

So, basically, you're saying give Classic players all of the forum rights that Gold subscribers acutally USE?

Since they've upgraded once, they should get Playerworlds, Bugs, and POSSIBLE Future Improvements.

I'm more towards the "no" side, though.

Another good reason to say no is that Classic is actually free. You can make an account and try Graal on Classic for free. If someone gets banned, they can just come right back. No this should be only for Classic players who have upgraded their account , not trial accounts ...... Heaven forbid that! :\

syltburk
11-05-2002, 09:13 PM
1. yes i think people on Classic thats not trial and paid before
should get acess to Classic Playerworld forum
but nothing else.
2.no private messages. Reason: Becuse like kondidas said
stefan and unimax or anyone that is wery famous on graal
would get overfloading pms liek "HI MAN OMG OMG ITS STEFAN CAN WE BE FREINDS PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ"
and thats uninportant pms for me.
3. i still think Classic forum would be spammed as hell and the moderator would get alot of problem.

But it would been declared as Graal History *The Chaos of Graal offical forum*:cool:

//Jaffer ;)

Com013
11-06-2002, 01:46 AM
Yes, the forums are a reason to get a gold account.

But I haven't heard of any up-to-date scripting/level making sites (Maybe that's just because I didn't look for them recently. But when I did, all the sites www.graalclassic.com linked to where out of date). We should give new players a way to see a list of usefull scripts which were made by other players. A way to ask question without PM-bombing the next LAT who is online.

Spark910
11-06-2002, 01:58 AM
No I dont suggest they get ALL rights NeoNight, Which is why if you read my post you will see they get about 40% of acess (In My Opinion)

Cid_Night
11-06-2002, 02:22 AM
i agree, np pm's is a good idea, and only give it to those who have paid for the classic...and um...lesse.....ya thats it lol.

Spark910
11-10-2002, 06:20 PM
Yeah that would be good, get people involved, yet still give them a valid reason to buy gold.

osrs
11-13-2002, 07:07 AM
I think they should have acess.