PDA

View Full Version : P2P Poll

konidias
11-01-2002, 02:57 PM
Please vote!

Explain why you chose and if you chose no, please explain what would make you want to upgrade again. (Let's keep this on topic and constructive, meaning no "I hate grawl and wont upgrade" give some reasons and ways to fix)

Thanks. :)

Also, if you'd like, post how much time you have left on your account.

Graal518
11-01-2002, 03:07 PM
I don't need to upgrade an account, seeing as how my Cynicism account has 351 days, and 21 hours left on it. :p

(By the way, can we get in touch to see if there is anything I can do about my forums pass for the account Cynicism?)

syltburk
11-01-2002, 04:32 PM
yes im upgradin my acount becuse im playing at graal2002
and most of my freinds on graal plays there...
Graal2002 is the funniest server to thought.

And i wanna post at this forums :)

oh and i have 350 days left :)

Birdbird_0
11-01-2002, 05:22 PM
yes, and one word for the reson:

Oasis.

Neglegence2002
11-01-2002, 06:24 PM
I have like 1 year and 43 days left on my account, but i dont plan on upgrading, becasue none of the Gold servers get my attention, so to speak. There is an exception though, if Oasis gets gold status, i will reupgrade.

CheeToS2
11-01-2002, 06:26 PM
I'll probably reupgrade.. mostly because i'm addicted :P

Also because I want to work on 2k1 still.

Loriel
11-01-2002, 08:05 PM
I do not think I will ever reupgrade ;) By the time my account runs out, Graal will probably no longer exist.
Edit:I think if I had to reupgrade, I would.

Ghost Pirate
11-01-2002, 10:03 PM
I want a life time account =(

ZanderX
11-01-2002, 10:43 PM
I'm going to try.

However, I lack the credit card these days, so it's going to be mighty mighty tricky. :|

45 days left.

Delteria_Free18
11-01-2002, 11:18 PM
I probably wont upgrade.... I will just give away an account when I need forums... I just use the forums and play on classic servers.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-01-2002, 11:31 PM
Despite the fact that the appeal of Graal right now isn't at it's highest for me, I probably will re-upgrade. I have 7 days left on my account I think so I'll be doing it today or tomorrow or something.

The reason I do it is to give it one more chance (1 more year) to see something big come out of it. Graal 2002 has lots of fun features which makes me want to stay, but also my job in the PWA and promising upcoming servers like 2230 and Oasis, though I doubt I will fully see it's completion within a year but maybe something to keep me here.

AlexH
11-01-2002, 11:33 PM
Not any time soon.
Why?
Because I have 203 days left.
Once that gets closer to 0 I'll see how I like Graal then and then decide.

Googi
11-01-2002, 11:58 PM
152 days left, but when that time runs out, I will reupgrade, of course.

What other game has bomys?

Brandon
11-02-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX
I'm going to try.

However, I lack the credit card these days, so it's going to be mighty mighty tricky. :|

45 days left.

Open a checking account. :) A debit card works just as well.

*EDIT* Yes, when my account runs out, I will be reupgrading, and that will be in around 230 days.

Spark910
11-02-2002, 02:14 AM
Yes I do, I think its not the best invesment or best thing to buy. Lets look at what I get:

Graal 2002- Cant play that as I cant do anything and dont like RP on graal, its too forced.

Graal 2001- If you want to play by your self, a NPC Server and maybe 4players ok. (So dont play that)

Forums- :D

I only use it for forums. But they should have more. I dont know what. Well they should never have take away e-mail for a start that was cool. And maybe they should add something (Not a server) that we can acess with P2P accounts, maybe a cool interactive web-based game. I dont know. :)

TheFrozenFiend
11-02-2002, 02:38 AM
I doubt it.

I cant even get Graal to work and Im not paying for an account I cant use.

Brad
11-02-2002, 03:17 AM
I reupgraded about 2 months ago and after that probally not.

Stev579
11-02-2002, 04:03 AM
I won't be upgrading again. I only paid to play Classic/The adventure. None of the Gold servers have ever appealed to me. I've got about 30 or so days left.

Jourdan
11-02-2002, 04:08 AM
I'll probably upgrade just to play Oasis and 2k2... 2k2 is kind of boring now... not much to do, but they'll add more stuff =)
And I like to play servers with a bit of change, and Oasis looks like it will be different than the other servers, so I want to play.

EliteDeath
11-02-2002, 04:12 AM
No...no I don't believe I will. Graal gives me way too much crap and not nearly enough in return. I see no logical reason to allow it to continue like that so my form of protest is boycott of upgrade :)

Kuza
11-02-2002, 04:33 AM
nope, i got a lot of time left on my account... but graal is boring and lacks stable content. it's too unreliable, you never know what to expect. but i guess that's half the fun? ;)

AlexH
11-02-2002, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Jourdan
I'll probably upgrade just to play Oasis and 2k2... 2k2 is kind of boring now... not much to do, but they'll add more stuff =)
And I like to play servers with a bit of change, and Oasis looks like it will be different than the other servers, so I want to play.

Why would Oasis be in the gold section?
It is a player world after all.

Griffyn
11-02-2002, 05:18 AM
No. My ISP won't let me connect to graalonline's servers.

Jourdan
11-02-2002, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by AlexH

Why would Oasis be in the gold section?
It is a player world after all.

Well, everybody's been sayin they're gonna upgrade just to play Oasis... So I figgured it might be put in the gold section... If 2k2 and 2k1 are the only servers in the gold section, I'll probably upgrade only one more time.

cloudstrifevii
11-02-2002, 06:12 AM
Maybe if graal gets better which I doubt. Ever since 2k2 came out graal has been uber boring. 2k2 is just stupid there is no point to playing anymore.

konidias
11-02-2002, 08:10 AM
Like I said, it would be nice to suggest ways to improve Graal so that you'd reupgrade. Not just saying you don't want to ever upgrade because Graal isn't fun now.

AlexH
11-02-2002, 08:12 AM
Taking down half of the current player worlds so that all the good staff could work on one player world.
A few great servers is much better than a lot of below par servers.

--Chris--
11-02-2002, 08:18 AM
yes
about 170 days
reason:cause i like 2k1 and wanna continue working there.

Androk2k1
11-02-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by konidias
Please vote!

Explain why you chose and if you chose no, please explain what would make you want to upgrade again. (Let's keep this on topic and constructive, meaning no "I hate grawl and wont upgrade" give some reasons and ways to fix)

Thanks. :)

Also, if you'd like, post how much time you have left on your account.
No, I hate Graal. I got banned. :whatever:
http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=678287

Waltz5
11-02-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by CheeToS2
I'll probably reupgrade.. mostly because i'm addicted :P

Also because I want to work on 2k1 still.
Same here.

CheeToS2
11-02-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Androk2k1

No, I hate Graal. I got banned. :whatever:
http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=678287
waroing? lol

Androk2k1
11-02-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by CheeToS2

waroing? lol
Yes...

That's only for Classic, though. I'll reupgrade if my boss ever gives me ANYTHING TO DO so I can get them sweet little cashmonies.

Darlene159
11-02-2002, 10:12 AM
I just upgraded my account, why?

1) I am a graal addict
2) I Manage Npulse
3) Cant post on the forums without it
4) I want to see new servers as they are added, and watch the progress of 2002 even though I really dont play it much.

;)

Graal518
11-02-2002, 10:15 AM
My decision will of course vary depending on the state of Graal. For the time being I have a fresh new account. But later on down the road, I may choose not to upgrade when the time comes.

Sparkplug
11-02-2002, 10:51 AM
it should be if you upgraded your account twice you get unlimited forum access :P

But I will probably upgrade..........100+ days left

Torankusu
11-02-2002, 10:54 AM
Will I reupgrade?
No.

Why not?
Konidias. Hate or whatever, you're horrible at everything you do.
Putting up with you isn't my example of fun. I'd much rather go to school and do homework than listen to Konidias bi*ch and run when he loses.

Basically, I see no point in playing graal anymore really. I'm going to go ahead and sit and wait for this "oh so promising Oasis" that's supposedly coming out. Neither Oasis or Graal2230 appeal me in the slightest bit. Think what you want, I just really doubt that they will actually appeal players for more than a week once released.

I think the game's standards have dropped to an all time low, and Stefan and Unixmad are not trying to handle it like sufficient businesman (I assumed this when Stefan stated that he wasn't trying to run Graal as a business, which is bad, especially considering there are 100+ people who paid money and need service at times). Administration is at a very low, not the worst Graal's ever had, but it's still pretty low.

This game just isn't worth the hundred-something dollars I've put into it. Especially when you put thousands of hours into it to help Stefan out with playerworld things and get nothing; not even recognition (team-wise).

--
Constructive enough.

konidias
11-02-2002, 01:28 PM
Torankusu, do you not find it strange that you're one of the few people that don't think the new pw's will be promising? I have no problem with you disliking me, as that's your decision. But I really can't see how you don't understand why people think my pw is promising, when I have talented scripters like falados and loriel, and talented gfx people like birdbird contributing to the playerworld.

But really, think what you'd like. Feel free to actually be constructive though, and post what you would want changed with Gold Graal, instead of just saying "graal has bad administration and I hate you and graal has gone downhill" I can't see how you'd call that constructive.

By the way, Stefan doesn't manage Graal really, he is an administrator but I do believe that Unixmad covers the business side, while Stefan does the development and programming.

taz-graal
11-02-2002, 02:30 PM
I highly doubt I'd re-upgrade.

Bomy Moon and Graal Kingdoms just ain't worth the cash. Sure it's not that much, but I could find somthing better to do with the money. Like buy a PS2 online game.

XxxxneosoftxxxX
11-02-2002, 02:51 PM
i have 57 days cause i accidentally bought the six month plan...butt....

i think that the forums and gold subscription should be completely different...in fact i think the forums should be free for anyone who's ever upgraded, because its NEARLY impossible for people without forums accnts to communicate with higher staff and get tech support.

taz-graal
11-02-2002, 06:01 PM
Yeah. I feel sorry for the people who really need to contact someone or have somthing on their mind to discuss. But they don't have any days left on their p2p. I find the forums the best way to contact a higher staff.

Lyndzey
11-02-2002, 08:04 PM
I'll be able to help a lot more once I get my DSL so I won't have to keep connecting to AOL 100 times to get my IP range right. I can't help out with any P2P problems like people expect me to do. I can't just give you an account when you say "i lost my password and I forgot the email I used to sign up for it, give it back to me now or I am reporting you to unixmad!"

Stev579
11-02-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by XxxxneosoftxxxX
i think that the forums and gold subscription should be completely different...in fact i think the forums should be free for anyone who's ever upgraded, because its NEARLY impossible for people without forums accnts to communicate with higher staff and get tech support.

Good idea. Very good idea. Only downside is there will be more players posting more problems.

XxxxneosoftxxxX
11-02-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Stev579

Good idea. Very good idea. Only downside is there will be more players posting more problems.

how's that a downside? That just means people will get more help...The only downside is that there will be more idiots spamming for count like kamoo..

Torankusu
11-02-2002, 11:26 PM
Torankusu, do you not find it strange that you're one of the few people that don't think the new pw's will be promising?

Because I'm one of the few people with experience in this area...

I have no problem with you disliking me, as that's your decision.
But I really can't see how you don't understand why people think my pw is promising, when I have talented scripters like falados and loriel, and talented gfx people like birdbird contributing to the playerworld.
Talent only makes up the development side. It's what hooks the players that matters. Not the staff.

Your staff review -
Loriel - has deemed himself very lazy. Great choice.
Birdbird - loses motivation very easily. (as seen a kajillion times in the past.)
Falados - woop-de-doo. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the only one to stay.

But really, think what you'd like. Feel free to actually be constructive though, and post what you would want changed with Gold Graal, instead of just saying "graal has bad administration and I hate you and graal has gone downhill" I can't see how you'd call that constructive.

Uh, not constructive? So, basically, you're saying that my views of the administration declining waaaaaaaay too much aren't sufficient enough? It's a reason, and a very valid one at that.
The administration handles both the gold servers and the way the game is ran. The gold servers aren't worth reupgrading for, and the administration treats other members poorly, or doesn't know what the hell is going on.

By the way, Stefan doesn't manage Graal really, he is an administrator but I do believe that Unixmad covers the business side, while Stefan does the development and programming.
And... Stefan is like Unixmad's right hand man. Unixmad's right hand man told me that graal wasn't being ran as a business, and that there were no plans for it.

Neonight
11-03-2002, 02:09 AM
Torankusu, do you not find it strange that you're one of the few people that don't think the new pw's will be promising? I have no problem with you disliking me, as that's your decision. But I really can't see how you don't understand why people think my pw is promising, when I have talented scripters like falados and loriel, and talented gfx people like birdbird contributing to the playerworld.

I agree with Torankusu. I don't think playerworlds are good anymore. Granted, none of them were ever GREAT, but they were fun to play on. I don't care if you have Stefan and Unixmad working on Oasis, it does not mean it will be the greatest server ever.

Graal Administration has come down. Before you tell me what you told Torankusu, allow me to explain. What has happened to Lyndzey? Let's review the facts. Her RC has been removed and allowed several times. She needs her RC, and to keep it. Taking it away and giving it back every month or so really isn't all too promising for Graal's staff in general. That's not a huge point, however. Tyhm is getting none of the respect he deserves. He's been with us for God knows how long and has managed Classic for a long time. Why is he just still Classic owner? Don't give me the crap that it's because he's leaving in December. If he were to change his mind, I'd bet every damned person playing Graal $5 US that he wouldn't get a higher position. Why? He doesn't suck up to unixmad and Stefan all the time. As we can see, he doesn't like ass-kissing.

Konidias, can you tell me when Stefan told unixmad:

"Hey Stèphane. You can fire all of the staff and hire new ones. You can do anything you want to Graal now. Have fun!"

Can you tell me when he said that?

Another note:

Pay-to-Play. Granted, Stefan and unixmad need money, but you cannot seriously tell me that they both did not have any free time before Graal went P2P. Since Graal went p2p, the number of players has went down, the number of arguments has greatly heightened, and the overall of Graal's fun factor has went to a low. No longer is it about playing servers and PKing on Classic. Now it's about re-upgrading. How can you have fun when you know your account is going to run out sometime in the near future? It's like being told you have a year or so to live. Will you have a lot of fun? Probably not. Buying upgrades is buying Graalian life. You don't get to have any fun.

Not to mention, players under the age of 18 are more likely to be non-existant on Graal if we have to re-upgrade every 3 months or every 6 months, etc. "I'm not going to upgrade that account again. You've been spending too much time on Graal." Before you give me any excuses, think about it, Konidias. I'm one step ahead of you.

Torankusu
11-03-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Neonight
<snip>
Well said.

Originally posted by Neonight
I'm one step ahead of you. Many of us are several steps ahead of him. However, that is not what worries him. Our presence, and the fact that we don't agree with every lasty detail of his choices, defeats him.

Have a nice day.

osrs
11-09-2002, 09:43 PM
No.
because I live in Brazil,so:

1 Dolar=3 Reais (Brazil)

a p2p for 12 months is $39,00
then..I will pay R$117,00 here..:(

-Albus
11-09-2002, 10:06 PM
No.

Paying to have this account reupgraded in August was a huge mistake that I won't ever make again. Graal has an all time low of players and all of the servers are extremely boring. I see no point why I should keep feeding Unixmad money for this crap he calls an online RPG.

As for these supposed godlike upcoming playerworlds, they will probably be crap. Like every other new playerworld that looks awesome before released, it turns to crap.

Loriel
11-09-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by osrs
No.

1 Dolar=3 Reais (Brazil)

That does not mean it is more expensive for you than it is for other people.

Darlene159
11-09-2002, 11:09 PM
I very much agree on the forum access discussion...In my opinion, anyone who has upgraded, whether it be for gold or not, should have access to these forums, Trial people should have access to at least a very small section somewhere, maybe one made especially for them, so that they can know all these rules (like the account sharing rule).
The most important reason has been said already, so that people have a way to get in touch with administration when they need to

syltburk
11-09-2002, 11:26 PM
No.

1 Dolar=3 Reais (Brazil)

hahhahaha fool

39 dollars is 390 swedish money but its still the same
:p haha

osrs
11-10-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by syltburk

hahhahaha fool

39 dollars is 390 swedish money but its still the same
:p haha

39 dolars here,is same to R$117,00 Reais (Brazilian coin)! :\
And i will not pay that price..

AlexH
11-10-2002, 09:23 AM

It's the exact same price.
Now is anyone from Turkey?
They must be paying thousands for Graal.

Googi
11-10-2002, 09:46 AM
Graal - 5000 Yen

Delteria_Free18
11-10-2002, 11:21 AM
Neonight your argument if very very good, graal since it went p2p should have increased in quality... when you pay for something you dont expect things to get worse...

one thing that may be causing problems...

graal is made by the players... the playerbase is at a lower age... 10-14 year olds are who make up the "older players" of course there are alot more people of many different ages... but the majority of the players are around that age...

The reason no one is really wanting to take time and make somethin really fun is, they arent getting paid! when it was free everyone would contribute, now that it is not free... people are more reluctant to help the "administration" get more money.

Paying/Hiring people that are good at what they do, not based on popularity or on what the players think, would be a good step into the direction of making graal "fun" again. People that arent paid usually dont care if things are done or not, they arent getting paid.. if the service isnt free then why make stuff for it.

Graal needs to pay attention to the users instead of just thinking what is more convenient, graal is a paid service... IT NEEDS BETTER QUALITY!

Crovax_Dark_Lord
11-10-2002, 04:41 PM
I'll reupgrade, in 33 days, because I like 2k2, and I want to be here to see how it turns out...
/edit Also, after nearly a year and a half, I'm finally getting noticed... (oddly, the same time I signed up for a forum account...)

LOA--Paul
11-10-2002, 05:11 PM

That simply means your economy is more inflated, should be in proportion; minimum earnings at a job should be proportionally higher when compared with the US earnings.

Spark910
11-10-2002, 06:17 PM
Who ever said they cant get help... They can just use the help center thingy!?

TifaKhan
11-10-2002, 08:17 PM
I voted yes but it depends really.
With 141 days left
and being Manager of Doomsday, i will stay as long as i am wanted there.
Should i lose my position or feel the need to retire, before my days ran out, i dont think id bother re upgrading.
Bye Bye bomy, bye bye 5k
oh well, easy come easy go.

osrs
11-11-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by AlexH

It's the exact same price.
Now is anyone from Turkey?
They must be paying thousands for Graal.

Thats same but i will not pay R$117,00..=/
my dad doesnt get it working..=/

GhettoChildGFX
11-11-2002, 10:27 PM
Kinda stinks tho, expensive. You only get to play 2 servers...and one of them is 2k1..what ever happened to 2k1? It used to have like 60 people around the clock and most of the time more than that. People running around the market. All that was fun, has everyone given up on it and is focusing on other things? Well thats cool but you have a perfectly good server dying. So i voted Maybe. That and I like the forums!:D

syltburk
11-11-2002, 10:40 PM
i mean

i have alot of days left

about a year

The only thing that wouldnt make me pay again

Would be if Oasis wasnt up and New Graal2001 wouldnt be done.

Graal2230 i realy have no idea about howz it going, sense i never seen anything of it.