PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom hoppers?


Evil_Lord_Sparda
10-28-2002, 08:02 PM
has Paladin Dallion Ferdinand left Dustari for Forest?

BlKnight
10-28-2002, 08:21 PM
Yeah, but it was a legitamit rp reason.

Switching to a different kingdom once in a year doesn't make you a "kingdom hopper". You are just sad because you lsot a good rper.

Zurkiba
10-28-2002, 09:16 PM
I like the term... Defection.

If you join a kingdom and you dont like that kingdom... then you leave. You shouldn't be forced to stay in a kingdom you dislike =x

Evil_Lord_Sparda
10-28-2002, 09:23 PM
yeah, thats ok. Didn't mean to cause offense. I just wanted to kniow what happened

Crovax_Dark_Lord
10-29-2002, 02:13 AM
Yipes... I hope I didn't make him leave... being a corrupt paladin and all X.x

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
10-29-2002, 02:51 AM
Truthfully, I'm dissapointed he left, but in a way I saw it coming. I got quite a few complaints from him in the last few days about his generall inappropriate conduct, but I really didn't take any action because I was passive on the issue, he was from Dustari way back.

I learned from my mistakes, I'll start to crack down even though it's generally not my nature. I don't want Arwen doing everything for me then inheriting a title of being an evil Queen, when she isn't at all.

MilkyWay0016
10-29-2002, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
I don't want Arwen doing everything for me then inheriting a title of being an evil Queen, when she isn't at all.

Shhh! :o

zell12
10-29-2002, 03:26 AM
I was going to talk to someone about this Exiled thing I got ;( But I kept it in myself. I just don't get how being off tag as "Excalibur" can harm my relationship with the kingdom? =/
Anyway, Me and Diego both decided that a kingdom with evil in it isn't a good one to have protectors of peace in. Not a very good RP kingdom then. Oh well, I wish you all luck. I was loyal to dustari for around a year, year and a half or something. So sad to see it come to an end.

-Axel-
10-29-2002, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by zell12
I was going to talk to someone about this Exiled thing I got ;( But I kept it in myself. I just don't get how being off tag as "Excalibur" can harm my relationship with the kingdom? =/
Anyway, Me and Diego both decided that a kingdom with evil in it isn't a good one to have protectors of peace in. Not a very good RP kingdom then. Oh well, I wish you all luck. I was loyal to dustari for around a year, year and a half or something. So sad to see it come to an end.

I'm not evil.

Go away.

Brad
10-29-2002, 04:26 AM
Citizen Brad Merkado (PIRATEZ)

::cool::

zell12
10-29-2002, 05:31 AM
Wows.

anUk
10-30-2002, 01:41 AM
<on subject>I understand, having a paladin in a guild, and having another paladin convert to evil totally defeats the perpose of "paladin"
i dont blame your decision although i wished you hadn't of left. If you ever consider coming back, dont hesitate, talk to charley, but make it fast, i really want you back</on subject>

<off subject>
i think we should rid dustari of some of these well....complete idiots, sorry that is the nicest i could be
i mean seriously, we are recruiting left and right, we recruited rax(porky) and he sailed in and destroyed all the ships
</off subject>

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
10-30-2002, 02:52 AM
We had over 100 members on Saturday and since then we're down to 78 I think. I can't wipe peoples tags out in an instant, it might take a week because I want to see who is online and who isn't.

zell12
10-30-2002, 03:11 AM
I know for a fact that Anu, Arwen, Emi, Covax and Axel are active. o.O

Ghost Pirate
10-30-2002, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by zell12
I know for a fact that Anu, Arwen, Emi, Covax and Axel are active. o.O

I think Aftershock should remove AnU...his a kingdom hopper himself, tried to join the pirates a few days ago

zell12
10-30-2002, 07:18 AM
I can undestand what I done, I was confused and surprised at Arwens change in mood.
But anU, he has no reason to go to CP

Discharge
10-30-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by -Axel-


I'm not evil.

Go away.


Well you can't expect Paladins that are serious in the rping to co-exist with Necromancers next door?
It wouldnt make any sense, so in conclusion the kingdom of Dustari is a kingdom that gives shelter to evil beings therefore being somewhat an evil kingdom. As Paladins, we are sworn to slay the evil and uphold the ways of the Light...[blah blah you know the rest] and uphold justice. It does not work well with Dallion and I in role playing because we get really into our characters and when we say lets us bring the light and then have a necromancer bringing darkness....things are litte out of place.

So Adios.

zell12
10-30-2002, 06:54 PM
Well said my frind, well said.

EliteDeath
10-30-2002, 07:25 PM
Crucify them all Pallies.

anUk
10-30-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate


I think Aftershock should remove AnU...his a kingdom hopper himself, tried to join the pirates a few days ago

HAHAHAHAHA
are you serious... do you think i really want to join??
OMG
i was screwing around with you out of character because i know you cant stand me, lmao
hahahaha
I am a Dustari for life, never will i join CP, or n e one else and for a fact, i know dallion is still dustarian at heart...

zell12
10-30-2002, 09:35 PM
I am Dustari by heart, I will never forget the good times I had while being a Dustarian. But times have changed and its time to move on now.

-Axel-
10-31-2002, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Discharge



Well you can't expect Paladins that are serious in the rping to co-exist with Necromancers next door?
It wouldnt make any sense, so in conclusion the kingdom of Dustari is a kingdom that gives shelter to evil beings therefore being somewhat an evil kingdom. As Paladins, we are sworn to slay the evil and uphold the ways of the Light...[blah blah you know the rest] and uphold justice. It does not work well with Dallion and I in role playing because we get really into our characters and when we say lets us bring the light and then have a necromancer bringing darkness....things are litte out of place.

So Adios.

You.don't.have.to.be.a.necormancer.and.be.evil.

Necromancy was considered evil, because it went against the catholic faith. Kings would force a religion on you, and you would have to follow it or be killed. Any other belief/religion would be considered evil, which is also why many people fell that Paganism (Would that be the word for it? o_O) is evil, when Christians stole the date of a pagan holiday for christmas, and made their devil look like a couple pagan gods. (Tails and horns..)

Of course it has nothing to do with Paganism (bleh, I still dunno.) but, it just shows that because someone else sees it as bad, doesn't mean it is at all. Necromancy could be used for good, as in to Ressurect a fallen person for the better of the kingdom... My character is just co cky =/.... At heart he truely would not "Kill someone for their body" or "make zombies"

Boom. *hopes he didn't spell anything wrong... Typing fast*

PuffyPuppy
10-31-2002, 04:31 AM
One thing I don't get is what o=you consider a paladin. "Someone who brings the light" Well, i didn't see you bring the light to Dustari, you let the dark in. You know you can do stuff about it, dont just say "THERES DARK!" *runs away* your supposed to stop it X.x

Locke_boy
10-31-2002, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by anUk
<off subject>
i think we should rid dustari of some of these well....complete idiots, sorry that is the nicest i could be
i mean seriously, we are recruiting left and right, we recruited rax(porky) and he sailed in and destroyed all the ships
</off subject>

I don't know what would lead any of you to want to recruit him.

Yeah, I don't really belong here, being of Bakugun and all, but I was just reading through. I think more consideration should be taken into who you're recruiting. Sometimes, with things such as this, equality might not be the best idea. :\

Discharge
10-31-2002, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by -Axel-


You.don't.have.to.be.a.necormancer.and.be.evil.

Necromancy was considered evil, because it went against the catholic faith. Kings would force a religion on you, and you would have to follow it or be killed. Any other belief/religion would be considered evil, which is also why many people fell that Paganism (Would that be the word for it? o_O) is evil, when Christians stole the date of a pagan holiday for christmas, and made their devil look like a couple pagan gods. (Tails and horns..)

Of course it has nothing to do with Paganism (bleh, I still dunno.) but, it just shows that because someone else sees it as bad, doesn't mean it is at all. Necromancy could be used for good, as in to Ressurect a fallen person for the better of the kingdom... My character is just co cky =/.... At heart he truely would not "Kill someone for their body" or "make zombies"

Boom. *hopes he didn't spell anything wrong... Typing fast*

A "good" necromancer, thats a new one for me. :whatever:
nec·ro·man·cy Pronunciation Key (nkr-mns)
n.
The practice of supposedly communicating with the spirits of the dead in order to predict the future.
Black magic; sorcery.
Magic qualities.

Yea you know, raising the dead and infesting people with diesease is not a nice thing. Black Magic? Whats that? Blessing people? No. Black Magic is:

black magic
n.
Magic practiced for purposes or in league with supposed evil spirits; witchcraft.


Now what is a Paladin?

Paladins are Holy Champions, Heroes of the Light, Deliverers of Justice, Bringers of Peace. All Paladins follow a Universal Code that shapes and guides their vision of a better world. All Paladins are subject to the Divine Law that "All Life is sacred".

Now what do you mean "run away?" What am I suppose to do? Boot the necromancers even through I don't have any powers to boot? Im not the king and the king needs to decide but the king is the one that granted these fellas the title necromancers, so woop there it is. =/

PuffyPuppy
10-31-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Discharge


Holy Champions, Heroes of the Light, Deliverers of Justice, Bringers of Peace.

Well then, be a hero of the light and bring justice to Dustari, thats what you said they did.....

-Axel-
10-31-2002, 07:17 AM
.......

You won't get anything from a Dictionary -_- Sorcery can be the use of any form of magic, and in a Dictionary its considered "Black magic"

Let me get the article.

"In this fictional context, Necromancers (those who perform necromancy) some are considered evil, and are said to have sold their soul to a demon or the devil himself, or worship evil gods, or have been tainted by their evil practices. As such, in most contexts where Necromancers exist, one or more church is devoted to the slaying of Necromancers and their undead minions. Although some of them are no evil or good, just Necromancers, and uses the necromancy for his own. Necromancy comes from the greek word of (necros = dead, and Mancy = learning). "
As you see, the word itself means Dead learning. (Well, learning about Death)

Tell me if you want more.

Locke_boy
10-31-2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by -Axel-
Tell me if you want more.

Hit me with everything you've got. :D

MilkyWay0016
10-31-2002, 07:47 AM
I agree with Puffy. To me, it's horrible RPing on a Paladin's part to run of to another kingdom when some people who have "supposidly evil intentions" come into a kingdom. The reason we let Necormacers in is we wanted better RPing between them and Paladins, like Bile Priests and Brigid Priest you could say.

Psh, that idea went away fast. What's the point of recruiting Paladins if none are willing to RP? The only thing I've seen them do is sit around and say how holy they are then when something happens that might actually take some roleplaying skill they run off. Sheezers.

No offense to you, Dal, but I'm mad that none of you people will actually RP further then saying 'Good Day'.

:| Maybe there are a few Paladins out there who are more than just a rank that's all proud of themselves, but I sure haven't met any yet. You guys are nice, but you can be very annoying.

Oh, and is it just me or is it a little messed up to be going to a kingdom with 'Orcs'? I mean, arn't they defined as evil, also?

All these people who don't put any thought into their kingdom really annoy me, they just go 'LIEK LELZ I THINK I'LL JOIN (KINGDOM NAEM HERE) BECUASE TEHY HAVE L33T HOUSES OR I CAN GTE A HIGH POSITION OR TEHY DON'T CRACK DOWN ON NON RPERS SO IL BE SAFE'
The number of them seems to be increasing, it's really making me sick =(

Discharge
10-31-2002, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by MilkyWay0016
I agree with Puffy. To me, it's horrible RPing on a Paladin's part to run of to another kingdom when some people who have "supposidly evil intentions" come into a kingdom. The reason we let Necormacers in is we wanted better RPing between them and Paladins, like Bile Priests and Brigid Priest you could say.

Psh, that idea went away fast. What's the point of recruiting Paladins if none are willing to RP? The only thing I've seen them do is sit around and say how holy they are then when something happens that might actually take some roleplaying skill they run off. Sheezers.

No offense to you, Dal, but I'm mad that none of you people will actually RP further then saying 'Good Day'.

:| Maybe there are a few Paladins out there who are more than just a rank that's all proud of themselves, but I sure haven't met any yet. You guys are nice, but you can be very annoying.

Oh, and is it just me or is it a little messed up to be going to a kingdom with 'Orcs'? I mean, arn't they defined as evil, also?

All these people who don't put any thought into their kingdom really annoy me, they just go 'LIEK LELZ I THINK I'LL JOIN (KINGDOM NAEM HERE) BECUASE TEHY HAVE L33T HOUSES OR I CAN GTE A HIGH POSITION OR TEHY DON'T CRACK DOWN ON NON RPERS SO IL BE SAFE'
The number of them seems to be increasing, it's really making me sick =(


Who are YOU to question my role playing? I don't even know you and the last time we met you were talking to dolls and placing them in the royal seats. I follow strict codes and guidlines to the Paladin code and here they are:

I. Fealty: A legacy from long-lost knights, Fealty described the relationship between a feudal lord and his knights. The Knights swore to protect the land and his lord in exchange for protection, support and property. When monarchies were established, the knight swore fealty to the king. In the 11th century, knighthood became a holy duty and knights were called to pledge fealty to the church. Fealty involves obeying commands from a law-abiding good patron, protecting and guarding him and his ideals, even sacrificing his life for the cause. A Paladin must pledge fealty to something. As a minimum, he can pledge fealty to a good church or philosophic movement or organization. It is this pledge that gives the Paladin his power. He can then pledge fealty to a lawful and good government (if one exists) or organization . He can't pledge fealty both to a church and philosophy and he can't pledge fealty to the government alone. Typical fealty obligations involve obeying the patron's edicts, promote the patron's ideals and guarding the patron and his ideas with one's life. Fealty is intertwined with other elements of the Paladin Code, Faith and Honor.

II. Courtesy: Courtesy involves more than following rules of etiquette. A Paladin is polite to everyone, maintains self-control, considers the feelings of others and take care not to offend them, speaks with kindness, behaves with dignity at all times and respects friends and foes alike. A Paladin though should not be lost in the typical forms of etiquette. He need not concern himself with trivial matters such as "which is the right hand to use the knife with". Nor will he keep his silence, when the truth must be spoken, to avoid offending someone. A Paladin will do his best to be polite when addressing anyone but he has to be true to his word and not fall into the "False talk" trap of etiquette. Courtesy involves calls of judgment and is developed through constant exercise. Novice Paladins usually have a hard time balancing Courtesy with another element of the Paladin Code, Honesty.

III. Honor: Honor involves behaving in a morally sound manner even when the Paladin is by himself. Honor involves respect for anyone who shares the Paladin's ideals of goodness and justice. The Paladin shows mercy and refuses to inflict undue suffering even to his worst enemies. A Paladin acknowledges the dignity of all law-abiding good people, regardless of race, by treating them with respect. A Paladin dies before compromising his principles, betraying his patron, renouncing his faith or abandoning his duty. Honor is a matter of being true to one's self. Honor couples with Honesty and Fealty, two other elements of the Paladin Code.

IV. Honesty: While Honor is a matter of being true to one's self, Honesty is defined as "being true to others". A Paladin always tells the truth, as he knows it. He may choose to remain silent or withhold information but he will never intentionally misguide anyone, even his enemies. Speaking the Truth is tricky, as it may violate another element of the Paladin Code, Courtesy. The Paladin, if he chooses to speak, will tell nothing but the truth. Usually the answers have to be carefully spoken, since bluntly speaking the truth will violate the Courtesy element. A Paladin will not make promises lightly but once he gives his word, he will always keep it. Honesty balances with Courtesy and couples with Honor.

V. Valor: A Paladin demonstrates unparalleled courage at all times. He will face the greatest dangers to fulfill a promise or a duty. A Paladin will never yield or flee in battle unless he is greatly outnumbered or receives a direct order from a peer. Nevertheless, a Paladin will never retreat if the life of another is at stake or other elements of his Code will be compromised because of his retreat. Valor embraces and supports most elements of the Paladin Code, protecting the whole from compromise and enabling the Paladin to uphold his sacred duty with a true heart.

VI. Humility: A Paladin remains humble in spirit and action. Humility keeps the Paladin's feet on the ground and protects him from the vilest enemy of the Paladin Code, Pride. A Paladin knows what he is, and that is enough for his self-esteem. He will never preach his status or his achievements with arrogance. He never speaks highly of himself. Praises embarrass him and the knowledge of a job well done suffices as thanks. A Paladin's only reward is the happiness of the people, the victory of Light over Darkness and world peace. A Paladin's inner pride flows from the Paladin Code, not from human praises or rewards.

VII. Selflessness: Paladins will not seek excess wealth for themselves, but strive to build home for the homeless, heal the sick and feed the poor. A Paladin will give his food to a hungry child even if that will mean starvation for himself. He will use his excess funds to help all those in need. He will cover his friends retreat even if he has to die. He will sacrifice his life to save another. Selflessness is the desire of the Paladin to become one with his principles.

VIII. Faith: The last but not the least basic element of the Paladin Code is Faith. Faith is as simple as eating. It cannot be acquired by exercise or philosophy reading. It's the ultimate state of the Paladin's mind. Faith makes the Code whole, assembles and connects the other virtues. It can only be described as "believe in yourself". Faith gives life to the other elements. Faith and Fealty give the Paladin his supernatural abilities. Faith in a virtue, faith in a deity, faith in a philosophy, faith in one's abilities, faith in Light, faith in Goodness, Faith in Justice, Faith in Peace, Faith in one's self, the element that transforms the Paladin from a mortal Champion of Goodness to a Divine Warrior of Light.








I have followed those codes, here is an example...When you all were going crazy to go fight Bakungun, Dallion and I were trying to convince you all to end this in a peaceful matter Code.II- Im ALWAYS helping our members with anything they ask me, whether its asking simple directions to a town or making an item for them. Not only do I help them but I help other kingdoms from the good of my heart. Im always showing courtesy to everyone. I give my money to people who need help which falls into Code.V11-
I always maintain self control and I don't brag about power like some people do. In addition, Zurkiba said that we are going to fight the Orcs and Goblins, therefore to provide a safer nation. I can't kill the KINGS necromancers because then I will be breaking Code.1-
((Thats basically killing your own kingdom members))

Discharge
10-31-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by -Axel-
.......

You won't get anything from a Dictionary -_- Sorcery can be the use of any form of magic, and in a Dictionary its considered "Black magic"

Let me get the article.

"In this fictional context, Necromancers (those who perform necromancy) some are considered evil, and are said to have sold their soul to a demon or the devil himself, or worship evil gods, or have been tainted by their evil practices. As such, in most contexts where Necromancers exist, one or more church is devoted to the slaying of Necromancers and their undead minions. Although some of them are no evil or good, just Necromancers, and uses the necromancy for his own. Necromancy comes from the greek word of (necros = dead, and Mancy = learning). "
As you see, the word itself means Dead learning. (Well, learning about Death)

Tell me if you want more.

So your saying your not evil but not good? What about the other necromancers? And what if you do something evil? Necromancers have a good reputation of doing evil.

-Axel-
10-31-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Discharge


So your saying your not evil but not good? What about the other necromancers? And what if you do something evil? Necromancers have a good reputation of doing evil.

Crovax is the only other one.

Well, ok so he's evil..... But I didn't have a opition when Arwen let him in.

-Axel-
10-31-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Discharge
I can't kill the KINGS necromancers because then I will be breaking Code.1-
((Thats basically killing your own kingdom members))

But you wouldn't be able to kill me? :\

zell12
10-31-2002, 07:04 PM
We COULD kill you but not while you ar eon the same kingdom as us.

anUk
10-31-2002, 09:55 PM
This is seriously a bunch of ****. Last I knew, Dallion was very, let me stress VERY loyal to dustari...
Then one paladin converts to necromancer because of his beliefs...this would start a war amoung the kingdom. I respect dallion for leaving. But honestly, if you dont want to follow the palladin code placed, as in no evil.....just get the hell out....
Dallion/Excalibur was one hell of a person.

Long Live Dallion!

MilkyWay0016
11-01-2002, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by anUk
This is seriously a bunch of ****. Last I knew, Dallion was very, let me stress VERY loyal to dustari...
Then one paladin converts to necromancer because of his beliefs...this would start a war amoung the kingdom. I respect dallion for leaving. But honestly, if you dont want to follow the palladin code placed, as in no evil.....just get the hell out....
Dallion/Excalibur was one hell of a person.

Long Live Dallion!


What exactly is your point?

This isn't an argument over wether hes a good person, we all know that :x

People don't seem to understand that having a whole bunch of holy people that sit around all day saying Good Day, Sir. Any evil? No, none! Isn't exactly RPing. And don't blame me axel I didn't recruit everyone :x Some people were in old Dustari, or aftershock let in, etc. etc. so don't always point fingers at me =(
And why is everyone acting like Dustari is the only kingdom with people like this in it? Forest has Orcs, last time I checked.

The thing is, your rank doesn't matter as much as how you RP it. Can't you people stop telling necromacers that they have to RP evil? That isn't always the case. Not all paladins act like the sterotype, same with other classes. Can't you just give it a rest?

Crovax_Dark_Lord
11-01-2002, 03:47 AM
Actually... they Role-played quite admirably when they found that I was evil...

Zurkiba
11-01-2002, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by anUk
This is seriously a bunch of ****. Last I knew, Dallion was very, let me stress VERY loyal to dustari...
Then one paladin converts to necromancer because of his beliefs...this would start a war amoung the kingdom. I respect dallion for leaving. But honestly, if you dont want to follow the palladin code placed, as in no evil.....just get the hell out....
Dallion/Excalibur was one hell of a person.

Long Live Dallion!
You see... it isn't what kingdom you're loyal to... it's how well you RP.

I'm loyal to Dustari... yet I left it for Forest. I did the same thing when I took over Zormite.

Though I was friend with many of the Samurai during the Zormite-Samurai war... we still waged war and blew up their castle. Did that break freindships? No.

You can leave a kingdom and still love it. Much like if Forest was ever to die... I'd go back to Dustari as Zurkiba... the lost explorer.

If anyone is to leave Dustari... it should be you Anu =x... to me... you just show negitive vibes coming from Dustari, not only have you stolen from Forest... you have just turned someone loyal to Dustari away.

BlKnight
11-01-2002, 04:28 AM
You pick your kingdom by selecting the one what would be best for your character. Well I think that's the main factor anyways. For instance you want to be a pirate, join a pirate kingdom, you want to be evil, join an evil kingdom. If the kingdom changes, as to the point where it is bad for your character, than you switch.

The way I see it, the Paladins need a good kingdom. They joined Dustari. Dustari hires evil people. Dustari is no longer a good kingdom for good people.

You don't really expect them to try to fight the evil people inside their own kingdoms do you?

-Axel-
11-01-2002, 05:10 AM
Like I said, I'm not evil. o_O I thought it was cool when we would RP fight about it....

But it seems that you guys thought different :/.....

Ghost Pirate
11-01-2002, 07:12 AM
A Nercomancer isn't considered evil, most storys have them as evil. Working with the dead doesn't make you evil

aylad
11-01-2002, 07:27 AM
Not-evil Necromancers: Doesn't anyone ever read the Diablo novels? And there's some non-evil necromancy in Magic:TG's Ice Age Cycle books, as well as (I think) Invasion block and Odyssey block. Almost certainly others as well; I just don't remember them right off hand.

Discharge
11-01-2002, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by aylad
Not-evil Necromancers: Doesn't anyone ever read the Diablo novels? And there's some non-evil necromancy in Magic:TG's Ice Age Cycle books, as well as (I think) Invasion block and Odyssey block. Almost certainly others as well; I just don't remember them right off hand.

=/ I've played alot of rp games and always the necromancer is evil. Maby axel is "not evil, not good" But what about the other guy?

A Paladin that works with a Necromancer that works with the undead does not seem to flow right? Catch my drift?

feivel
11-01-2002, 10:32 AM
Like me hopping back and forth beteen Samurai and KT and at one point being both at the same time :D

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-01-2002, 11:40 AM
Who ever said all Paladins had to be good too? You know how people always envision Knight as chivarilic and honorable? It's not so, in fact they trained at academies all day and they used brutal tactics, like kicking enemies while they were down, hitting them in sensitive spots and backstabbing. This is all true.

Discharge
11-01-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Who ever said all Paladins had to be good too? You know how people always envision Knight as chivarilic and honorable? It's not so, in fact they trained at academies all day and they used brutal tactics, like kicking enemies while they were down, hitting them in sensitive spots and backstabbing. This is all true.

If your not good, then your no where near a Paladin. Simple as that.

Quote: Most of us picture Paladins as knights in shining armor, traveling with their trusted steed across the land, delivering justice and leading by example. Still, the knight stereotype is based on Western (Christian) tradition. So, there are many who picture Paladins not as virtuous knights but as other virtuous champions. So, it is more accurate to refer to Paladins as champions of a cause. There is however a significant detail that we must take into account if we are to understand what Paladins really are. Should we define them as champions of a cause, terrorists, murderers or even ****** may as well be defined as Paladins. Paladins are not mere champions of a cause. They are Holy Champions, Heroes of the Light, Deliverers of Justice, Bringers of Peace. All Paladins follow a Universal Code that shapes and guides their vision of a better world. All Paladins are subject to the Divine Law that "All Life is sacred". A terrorist, who grossly violates this commandment, is not a Paladin. A fanatic of any religion or cause, who usually resorts in the extreme acts of killing and destroying, is not a Paladin. These acts are accounted as Evil and invoke the wrath of the Paladins. The Paladin is a Champion of Light and Goodness (universally defined).

Brad
11-02-2002, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Discharge


If your not good, then your no where near a Paladin. Simple as that.

Quote: Most of us picture Paladins as knights in shining armor, traveling with their trusted steed across the land, delivering justice and leading by example. Still, the knight stereotype is based on Western (Christian) tradition. So, there are many who picture Paladins not as virtuous knights but as other virtuous champions. So, it is more accurate to refer to Paladins as champions of a cause. There is however a significant detail that we must take into account if we are to understand what Paladins really are. Should we define them as champions of a cause, terrorists, murderers or even ****** may as well be defined as Paladins. Paladins are not mere champions of a cause. They are Holy Champions, Heroes of the Light, Deliverers of Justice, Bringers of Peace. All Paladins follow a Universal Code that shapes and guides their vision of a better world. All Paladins are subject to the Divine Law that "All Life is sacred". A terrorist, who grossly violates this commandment, is not a Paladin. A fanatic of any religion or cause, who usually resorts in the extreme acts of killing and destroying, is not a Paladin. These acts are accounted as Evil and invoke the wrath of the Paladins. The Paladin is a Champion of Light and Goodness (universally defined).

Boring Character. "Brad walks by a burning town and he laughs. He sees a wounded man asking for a drink and pours out water 20 feet from him hahahahaha."

That is fun. Why be "good"?

BORING.


Being a complete ******* is great. I like being high ranked and a complete conceided ass.

MilkyWay0016
11-03-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Discharge


=/ I've played alot of rp games and always the necromancer is evil. Maby axel is "not evil, not good" But what about the other guy?

A Paladin that works with a Necromancer that works with the undead does not seem to flow right? Catch my drift?


Augh, to fustrating!!! I'm not saying you have to _help_ them, I saying that a good rping paladin should, in my opnion, try and stop teh necromacer from doing bad stuff! Or be really annoying and keep yelling at the necromacer to LIEK FOLLOW TEH PATH OF TEH LITE, MAN!

It makes more sense to me, anyway.

zell12
11-03-2002, 02:44 AM
I don't think any of you get it, do you?

-Axel-
11-03-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by zell12
I don't think any of you get it, do you?

You leave Dustari because your RP Character "Can't be in a kingdom with someone who follows the darkness (Which I don't do) To join a kindom full of Orcs who (Last time I checked Orc info) Worship evil gods to run your own Providence of humans in a forgein land full of creatures that supposedly hate Humans."

=)

zell12
11-03-2002, 08:08 AM
Orcs are not part of the forest kingdom.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-03-2002, 01:27 PM
I think that ever since you left Dustari, Excalibue, that you've tried to quietly gouge the kingdom and sling mud at it every chance you get. I'm more specifically referring to the conversation we had friday.

Discharge
11-03-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by -Axel-


You leave Dustari because your RP Character "Can't be in a kingdom with someone who follows the darkness (Which I don't do) To join a kindom full of Orcs who (Last time I checked Orc info) Worship evil gods to run your own Providence of humans in a forgein land full of creatures that supposedly hate Humans."

=)

No, thats where your wrong. We are going to rid Forest of evil Orcs.

zell12
11-04-2002, 12:55 AM
Aftershock, I have no reason to hate Dustari all of a sudden. I'm just trying to find out why there are "good" Necromancers in your kingdom. o.O And about that conversation we had, I was just mad at Lord Guy because I think his name looks odd :\

MilkyWay0016
11-04-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by zell12
I was just mad at Lord Guy because I think his name looks odd :\


Which is always a good reason to get mad at someone :(

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Guy is a French name. You told me the French don't belong in Dustari.

Well personally, who's to say? But then again, what does belong in Dustari? Who's ever heard of water dwellers (Zormites), and what kind of kingdom has Orcs, Elves, Humand and Dwarves living together? When was there ever magic in real life? Since when were monsters confined to dungeons? Then again, since when did monsters exsist.. let alone bouncing mushrooms and vicious rabbits?

Oh whoops! I forgot! What's Graal again.. oh... so it's not real life? Oh, you mean it's a fantasy... oh.. I see... well then, that settles it.

Please don't pick at little tiny details. It's so much easier to see the flaws on the other side of the fence, yet there is no need to bring them up. We never went around bashing forest, we'd hope you could do the same for Dustari.

zell12
11-05-2002, 07:05 PM
I won't pick at the fact that Guy a a dumb ass with an "ih-so-orgional-name" that also scams. He scamed Johnnywelsh or someone from Zormite last night. ;(
Anyway, I still want to know why there are good Necromancers?

MilkyWay0016
11-05-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by zell12
I won't pick at the fact that Guy a a dumb ass with an "ih-so-orgional-name" that also scams. He scamed Johnnywelsh or someone from Zormite last night. ;(
Anyway, I still want to know why there are good Necromancers?


And I still want to know why you are still bashing when Aftershock has made a thread against it.

zell12
11-06-2002, 03:46 AM
I answered that. I am not trying to, but i'm not only seeing some flaws and some points about the kingdom I never saw before. Mabey im pointing them out to harshly. For that im sorry. :(
Just that, there are spanish names, english names, french names. Where was Dustari Orginated from? What place? I know its a fantash game, but guess what? I never heard tell of spanish and french people living together and fighting in the same kingdom. Nor have I seen humans fighting in a Forest nation. (Except in Lord of The Rings but that was a last resort type thing or something... not sure, im confused x.x)
And there are no Orc like beings in the kingdom itself.

ZanderX
11-06-2002, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by zell12
I answered that. I am not trying to, but i'm not only seeing some flaws and some points about the kingdom I never saw before. Mabey im pointing them out to harshly. For that im sorry. :(
Just that, there are spanish names, english names, french names. Where was Dustari Orginated from? What place? I know its a fantash game, but guess what? I never heard tell of spanish and french people living together and fighting in the same kingdom. Nor have I seen humans fighting in a Forest nation. (Except in Lord of The Rings but that was a last resort type thing or something... not sure, im confused x.x)
And there are no Orc like beings in the kingdom itself.

Dutch and Germans = fight for William of Orange in the 1600's. And he's British. They stay in England and live there and FIGHT for the monarchy in the future and end up training future generations of the British army.

It didn't "originate" anywhere. The original kingdom was "medieval", meaning that it was simply a wannabe medieval kingdom; it had no nationality, it had no origins. It was simply a kingdom.

zell12
11-06-2002, 05:17 AM
That doesn't say anything about it. Its a group of people from all nationalities that just formed an empire. Its not very organized if its like that, no? :\

MilkyWay0016
11-06-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by zell12
That doesn't say anything about it. Its a group of people from all nationalities that just formed an empire. Its not very organized if its like that, no? :\


It has a common theme.
Right now, Dustari is suppossed to be the -only- medival kingdom.
Pirates, Samurai, Zorimte are all rping as nonmedival themedkingdoms.

The problem just started when Forest tried to steal our theme,
I keep seeing forest 'Knights' which I think is very unfair.

Forest = FOREST them
_not medival_

Zurkiba
11-06-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by MilkyWay0016



It has a common theme.
Right now, Dustari is suppossed to be the -only- medival kingdom.
Pirates, Samurai, Zorimte are all rping as nonmedival themedkingdoms.

The problem just started when Forest tried to steal our theme,
I keep seeing forest 'Knights' which I think is very unfair.

Forest = FOREST them
_not medival_
The total theme over all is fantasy... not medival... So therefore ranks such as Knight, Ranger, Wizard, etc, are all open game. Plus Forest's theme is "The Diverse Culture" meaning... we're all of the cultures living together.

So if you like I'll just make the Human Ranks something like "Human Person Who Is A Human Army Unit"...

gozenkenkaku
11-06-2002, 11:01 PM
Forest is a democracy, Dustari is a Monarchy
there is a difference
Any Kingdom can have Knights, its is a title
It doesn't make any sense that one kingdom is Medieval and the others aren't. What is it now, time traveling X.X
You can say Dustari is King themed, but Medieval?
Medieval is a time, not a theme.

Ghost Pirate
11-07-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

The total theme over all is fantasy... not medival... So therefore ranks such as Knight, Ranger, Wizard, etc, are all open game. Plus Forest's theme is "The Diverse Culture" meaning... we're all of the cultures living together.

So if you like I'll just make the Human Ranks something like "Human Person Who Is A Human Army Unit"...

The Forest Theme is a Diverse Culture? Change the name then, "Forest" doesn't fit the grab back you have there.


All the Pirate ranks follow a Piratey theme, exluding the wizard/mage classes which try to follow a voodoo like theme (VOODOO AND PIRATES GO HAND AND HAND IN MONKEY ISLAND!)

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-07-2002, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by zell12
That doesn't say anything about it. Its a group of people from all nationalities that just formed an empire. Its not very organized if its like that, no? :\
Never heard of the Roman Empire, Holy Roman Empire or the age of Imperialism?

gozenkenkaku
11-07-2002, 05:08 AM
An empire is a "nation" with many different provinces/territories

Zurkiba
11-07-2002, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by gozenkenkaku
An empire is a "nation" with many different provinces/territories
A better definition of empire...

Main Entry: em·pire
Pronunciation: 'em-"pIr
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French empire, empirie, from Latin imperium absolute authority, empire, from imperare
Date: 14th century
1 a (1) : a major political unit having a territory of great extent or a number of territories or peoples under a single sovereign authority; especially : one having an emperor as chief of state (2) : the territory of such a political unit b : something resembling a political empire; especially : an extensive territory or enterprise under single domination or control
2 : imperial sovereignty, rule, or dominion

Discharge
11-10-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate


The Forest Theme is a Diverse Culture? Change the name then, "Forest" doesn't fit the grab back you have there.


All the Pirate ranks follow a Piratey theme, exluding the wizard/mage classes which try to follow a voodoo like theme (VOODOO AND PIRATES GO HAND AND HAND IN MONKEY ISLAND!)


Think of it as Elven, Dwarfs, Halflings, and some humans that all share the same culture which is living in the forest))
((The hell with monkey island, its funny but stupid. Grim Fandango is better :p))

Ghost Pirate
11-10-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Discharge



Think of it as Elven, Dwarfs, Halflings, and some humans that all share the same culture which is living in the forest))
((The hell with monkey island, its funny but stupid. Grim Fandango is better :p))
Saying that doesn't make it any better.

HOW DARE YOU!
Grim Fandago was cool (Loved Glottis and his gambling problem)
But nothing can be Monkey Island! Grim Fandango can't even be compired to beat Monkey Island 2 (Monkey Island 4 uses the cool movement style which was seen in Grim Fandago)