PDA

View Full Version : I am disgusted. Truly so.


ZanderX
10-24-2002, 01:34 PM
I am going to keep this short so that I don't go off my proverbial rocker. But I am more angry now than I have ever been in terms of my feelings towards Graal.

I haven't kept up with Kingdoms lately. I didn't choose to; I've never much liked 2002, it wasn't for me, I guess. But I still keep up with news now and then; Log on to see how things are, etc.

I log on tonight to find two of the most disgusting things I have ever seen in my entire term of roleplaying on Graal.

First:

"Goblin Hero Ank-Su-Na-Moon (Forest)".

That alone is bad enough. The name is not Goblinoid in origin. It's more Egyptian than anything else, for crying out loud. If you're going to have Goblins, at least give them Goblinoid names, for crying out loud. If you're too cheap or too ignorant to go buy a fantasy book that has goblins in it, you shouldn't be admitting people into your Kingdom.

Two:

An abundance of "Bakugun" tags which seem incredibly out of place to me. Bakugun is supposed to be Samurai, is it not? So, why are there people with Vietnamese and Thai names? It makes no sense. And then there are names which aren't even Asian in origin. I'm sorry, but Tesd'nah Regnir and Chibikko Taitesu are not Asian names.

And a third I just noticed now:

Spellcaster Bobo of Zormite. Except Bobo is full of ASCII with fancy titling and such. What, has Zormite become some guild now where anyone's admitted without any semblance of a decent RPing name? At least Bakugun's tags are realistic in the sense that their people have first and last names and there's no ridiculous ASCII.

I'm mad enough after seeing these three things. But what's the icing on the cake for me?

Out of curiosity, I asked one of the Bakugun people about Forest. Specifically, if they were Elves in Forest. The answer made me want to vomit. There are Elves in Forest, or so I am told.

WHAT FOOL DID THIS? Is there no sense left in the world to remember that Orcs and Goblins are the MORTAL GODDAMN ENEMIES of Elves? Yes, that's right! You have mortal enemies of one another in the same Kingdom, coexisting. Go ahead, completely destroy all fantasy literature and established background, while you're at it.

This is disgusting. Nothing is as it should be and I fail to see how any RPing can be going on in such an abysmal environment. I'm actually afraid to see how Dustari is looking right now.

Ugh, this really didn't make my day.

BeZeRkEr
10-24-2002, 01:43 PM
:( Sad.. just sad..

TerrorBite
10-24-2002, 02:47 PM
^.^ I chose my name since it was reflecting my graal name Chibikko (Chibi TerrorBite) and Taitesu is kana of my real name. I don't have much problem with the names of the kingdom members, I pay more attention to their attitudes, teamwork, and participation ^.^

Zurkiba
10-24-2002, 07:48 PM
www.ent-hq.com/forest

It tells somewhat on why Forest came about.

BlKnight
10-24-2002, 08:32 PM
If you think choosing poor names to rp with is bad, you would be surprised at what other names rpers use with their tags.

Also is the name change a signal that the game will not be reset or is in beta?

ZanderX
10-24-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Zurkiba
www.ent-hq.com/forest

It tells somewhat on why Forest came about.

I already said the following
Go ahead, completely destroy all fantasy literature and established background, while you're at it.

I'm sickened.

gozenkenkaku
10-24-2002, 10:47 PM
I miss the very discilplined Asca Dagnir on val

Zurkiba
10-25-2002, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

I'm sickened.
We were being creative and we wanted to make our own storyline o.o ...

If you look at nearly everything that deals with the Middle Earth Era... then you'll notice a slight or major change in the basis...

ZanderX
10-25-2002, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

We were being creative and we wanted to make our own storyline o.o ...

If you look at nearly everything that deals with the Middle Earth Era... then you'll notice a slight or major change in the basis...

I'm not talking about Middle Earth.

I'm talking about ALL ESTABLISHED AND RESPECTED FANTASY SERIES'.

You're not being creative. Just ignorant.

-Axel-
10-25-2002, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX


I'm not talking about Middle Earth.

I'm talking about ALL ESTABLISHED AND RESPECTED FANTASY SERIES'.

You're not being creative. Just ignorant.

He's not being ignorant. o_O';... He's trying to be more original then, "omfg liek dem orcs and teh elves liek foght and stuph and teh hat each othre"

He's doing a more of a, " Hey, they used to hate each other and now, because of humans, they have joined to gether for one major goal."

Locke_boy
10-25-2002, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX
I'm sorry, but Tesd'nah Regnir and Chibikko Taitesu are not Asian names.

That's me. :: waves hello ::

You're completely right, Regnir Tesd'nah is nowhere near being Asian .. but just read my RP History (I think it's in this forum), and it would better explain why I have this name. :D

Ghost Pirate
10-25-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by -Axel-


He's not being ignorant. o_O';... He's trying to be more original then, "omfg liek dem orcs and teh elves liek foght and stuph and teh hat each othre"

He's doing a more of a, " Hey, they used to hate each other and now, because of humans, they have joined to gether for one major goal."


Last time I figured Orcs are born enemies of elves, their cultures make them hate each other. Now your saying Elves hate humans? Wow you totally screwing up the way these Races are made!

If you change their background history you can't considered them to claimed as Elves or Orcs.

ZanderX
10-25-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate



Last time I figured Orcs are born enemies of elves, their cultures make them hate each other. Now your saying Elves hate humans? Wow you totally screwing up the way these Races are made!

If you change their background history you can't considered them to claimed as Elves or Orcs.

So you agree with me, yase?

Ghost Pirate
10-25-2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX


So you agree with me, yase?

For once, yes I do
I never exactly liked Brads little Races for Forest deal
It pretty much screams OMFG JOIN US BECUZ YU CAN BE ORC!

pallfy33
10-25-2002, 08:16 AM
that had to be the funniest thing i have ever seen *giggles* hahahahahahahahahahaha.Yes i agree with you kamu that makes no possible sense i mean it would just be like saying oh look at lotr it is so not like what he is aiming towards,and then you see his little rping clan i think graal has just gone out of control everyone is corrupt saying OMFG COME TO ME YOU F**KER OR DIE MWAHAHAHA its just wrong.

Discharge
10-25-2002, 09:04 AM
Paladin Diego Fernández is O.G.


But yea....:\

BlKnight
10-25-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX


blah

Wrong place to ask but is your forum title from nin?

ZanderX
10-25-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate


For once, yes I do
I never exactly liked Brads little Races for Forest deal
It pretty much screams OMFG JOIN US BECUZ YU CAN BE ORC!

Yay! :) Glad you agree.

Also, BlKnight, yes, it is. From "Hurt".

Zurkiba
10-25-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate


For once, yes I do
I never exactly liked Brads little Races for Forest deal
It pretty much screams OMFG JOIN US BECUZ YU CAN BE ORC!
What's the differnce between
OMFG JOIN US BECUZ YU CAN BE PIRATE!
and
OMFG JOIN US BECUZ YU CAN BE ORC!

I fail to see one X_x...
-----
We wrote our own story... a story where Humans and their greedy ways overtook the world... leaving four minorities to a small island. So a leader emerged and joined the four nations together.

The government of Forest is a Democratic Confederacy (We call it Silvism (The State of the Forest in latin))... so though there is one emperor... each province, or nation, leads themselves freely... while still governing as a whole federal system.

Each Kingdom has a differnt setup... Each one is differnt and unique.

zell12
10-25-2002, 10:41 PM
Me and Diego's RP names got a cool little a in there, spanish name I think.

MilkyWay0016
10-26-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by gozenkenkaku
I miss the very discilplined Asca Dagnir on val

I was in that..........

now you made me all sad =(

gozenkenkaku
10-26-2002, 03:37 AM
yay Asca

EliteDeath
10-26-2002, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by gozenkenkaku
yay Asca ELODAN ARE DESTROY REMAINING ASCANS. ASCANS ARE FALL TO ELODAN'S BLADE!

ZanderX
10-26-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba


Each Kingdom has a differnt setup... Each one is differnt and unique.

But only yours is terribly stupid.

EliteDeath
10-26-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX


But only yours is terribly stupid. Hey, now that's mean Kamuii :\

ZanderX
10-26-2002, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by EliteDeath
Hey, now that's mean Kamuii :\

I'm sorry, but there's no creativity involved, only stupidity.

If you'd like for me to say:

"Your idea has no creativity. Your idea is stupid.", I will.

LordZen
10-26-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX
And a third I just noticed now:

Spellcaster Bobo of Zormite. Except Bobo is full of ASCII with fancy titling and such. What, has Zormite become some guild now where anyone's admitted without any semblance of a decent RPing name? At least Bakugun's tags are realistic in the sense that their people have first and last names and there's no ridiculous ASCII.

Just for the record, the only ASCII characters that member used were o's with a accent mark over them. How can that possibly be wrong? In some languages that use the alphabet, an accent mark is nessisary in order to get proper pronounciation. Theres nothing wrong with him doing that.

aylad
10-26-2002, 07:28 AM
A while back I promised I was going to be more respectful to my fellow players. Well...... ok, I will, but ZanderX is the one being ignorant and I can't think of a "respectful" way of saying that.

The elves and goblins and orcs and dwarves are all perfectly welcome to get along with each other. WHY do you not like this idea? I mean, I like Tolkien too but read a few other things for a change.

I don't know where you get off saying elves and goblins, etc, have to hate each other -- it's just not true. Lots of fantasy material has them side-by-side. For merely one example, I will cite the fantastically popular Magic: The Gathering card game. Ever look at the MTG color wheel? Red and Green are next to each other - allies. Ever read the Artifact Cycle and Invasion-block storylines? ALL FIVE COLORS fight side by side as allies. Goblins and elves included.

Too apathetic to think of other examples at the moment...

Zurkiba
10-26-2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX


But only yours is terribly stupid.
So your setup of Dustari,
AKA never log on... and leave the work to others,
isn't stupid?

The setup of Forest allows people to have a better variety over how they can RP.

Brad
10-26-2002, 08:16 AM
Wait!

Let's sit back and think...

we have our ghost pirate! Demon of the underworld! With one blow can take over the world! Wow, what a character!

We have our Japanese Kamuii! Wow, a japanese king! Score!


I had an idea, it's just a game, get the hell over it you spaz Kamuii. You were the worst leader of Dustari. Aftershock basically ran it.

Ghost Pirate
10-26-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Brad
Wait!

Let's sit back and think...

we have our ghost pirate! Demon of the underworld! With one blow can take over the world! Wow, what a character!

We have our Japanese Kamuii! Wow, a japanese king! Score!


I had an idea, it's just a game, get the hell over it you spaz Kamuii. You were the worst leader of Dustari. Aftershock basically ran it.


Please note, that I don't use my little Ghost Pirate character anymore for RP purposes =)
what you think Girum Rivclaw is?

ZanderX
10-26-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Brad
Wait!

Let's sit back and think...

we have our ghost pirate! Demon of the underworld! With one blow can take over the world! Wow, what a character!

We have our Japanese Kamuii! Wow, a japanese king! Score!


I had an idea, it's just a game, get the hell over it you spaz Kamuii. You were the worst leader of Dustari. Aftershock basically ran it.

Aftershock ran it following my orders and my directions and my requests according to my principles and my laws.

And who ran Dustari in the eight months pre-Aftershock? Hmm?

And you criticize me for having the name "Kamuii"? But you don't criticize the FOUNDER? ASUKA? Whose name is just as "Japanese" as mine?

Stop being a damn hypocrite, Brad.

Zurkiba
10-26-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by ZanderX


Aftershock ran it following my orders and my directions and my requests according to my principles and my laws.

And who ran Dustari in the eight months pre-Aftershock? Hmm?

And you criticize me for having the name "Kamuii"? But you don't criticize the FOUNDER? ASUKA? Whose name is just as "Japanese" as mine?

Stop being a damn hypocrite, Brad.
You must realise this... When I joined Dustari, I knew the leaders as Tupper and Aftershock. NOT YOU. You was never there. So since you was never there nothing critical was ever done. When Aftershock and Tupper were offline, guess who lead Dustari... ME. So your great kingship allowed someone like me to lead your glorious kingdom.

If you lead Dustari in the eight months pre-Aftershock... then you would've worked on Dustari and realised that your inactivity was hurting it.

Brad is not a hypocrite because you were *****ing about Asian names in Bakugun when you dont even have a name that reflects Dustari.

(Sorry... I had a better essay but my computer blew up -_-... it was better than above, so in this post I just summarised the essay from before.)

zell12
10-26-2002, 09:52 PM
Aftershock led Dustari, then the Commanders and Paladins did so when he was gone. o.O I recall Kamuii comming on tag lots for short periods of time; that was after his computer was fixed. You must think of that as well.

ZanderX
10-26-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

You must realise this... When I joined Dustari, I knew the leaders as Tupper and Aftershock. NOT YOU. You was never there. So since you was never there nothing critical was ever done. When Aftershock and Tupper were offline, guess who lead Dustari... ME. So your great kingship allowed someone like me to lead your glorious kingdom.

If you lead Dustari in the eight months pre-Aftershock... then you would've worked on Dustari and realised that your inactivity was hurting it.

Brad is not a hypocrite because you were *****ing about Asian names in Bakugun when you dont even have a name that reflects Dustari.

(Sorry... I had a better essay but my computer blew up -_-... it was better than above, so in this post I just summarised the essay from before.)

I did lead Dustari in the eight months pre-Aftershock and I was pretty damn active. It was only when I found someone as qualified and skilled as I was who could possibly take over for me someday did I start coming on less and less and focusing more and more on my life and other things.

I'm whining about the Asian names in Bakugun because I haven't seen any RP stories to support the non-Asian ones, except for the Tes'nah guy.

But, you know, I had an RP story too, which no one knows anymore because there isn't anyone around from the original Kingdoms anymore to know it.

Zurkiba
10-27-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX


I did lead Dustari in the eight months pre-Aftershock and I was pretty damn active. It was only when I found someone as qualified and skilled as I was who could possibly take over for me someday did I start coming on less and less and focusing more and more on my life and other things.

I'm whining about the Asian names in Bakugun because I haven't seen any RP stories to support the non-Asian ones, except for the Tes'nah guy.

But, you know, I had an RP story too, which no one knows anymore because there isn't anyone around from the original Kingdoms anymore to know it.
All I heard out of that was
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I want to sit around all day and take credit from the people who really work... blah blah blah.

And how do you nto know if everyone has an RP story behind their name? Did you personally ask every single one of them?

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
10-27-2002, 12:31 AM
SSHHHH

It doesn't matter anymore. We're talking about the current status of Graal Kingdoms. If you'd like to know, I enjoyed role-playing a while back on Graal Bomy Moon a lot more even though I'm going to give Graal Kingdoms a shot. Every day I go online Graal Kingdoms I begin to feel more and more sympathy for the position Kamuii was in. It isn't easy at all being leader, even if you're not online all the time.

ZanderX
10-28-2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

All I heard out of that was
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I want to sit around all day and take credit from the people who really work... blah blah blah.

And how do you nto know if everyone has an RP story behind their name? Did you personally ask every single one of them?

Jesus, you're an idiot.

Edit.

"Adept Domino Kuniva".

I couldn't even transcribe his name here because it has so much retarded ASCII. Oh, and he's in Zormite.

"Adept skybolt".

Great name.

"Adept Kade".

See above.

I make the Wizard BoBo complaint again. Because his name has funky ASCII for all four letters.

"Outlaw Neko-Miner -=Working=-".

All I can say is WHY?!


The following goes to Bakugun:

"Shugenja Liang Dunédain"

Great. Absolutely fantastic. Another not-Asian name.

aylad
10-28-2002, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX (in the first post in this thread)
MORTAL G**D*** ENEMIES
Forgot to mention, doesn't this forum have a swear filter? Why the crap is G.D. not censored?!

Locke_boy
10-28-2002, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX


"Adept skybolt".

Heh, don't worry about him, I'm sure he'll come up with a better name soon. He's rather new, I've been helping him out when we're both on. I'll remind him that he ought to come up with a more fitting name. :)

TerrorBite
10-29-2002, 05:19 PM
ok then would "Shampoo" and "Mousse" be classified as Chinese names since they came from a Japanese show?... I rest my case

ZanderX
10-29-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by TerrorBite
ok then would "Shampoo" and "Mousse" be classified as Chinese names since they came from a Japanese show?... I rest my case

No, no, they wouldn't.

Anime has lots of non-Japanese names. Their inclusion in anime/Japanese television does not make them asian.

Jeff
10-30-2002, 09:04 AM
As for the names and stuff, the new name system is to blame. On newmain we could force someone to use the name "Dem Jadec" or what have you, here people can set their nick to whatever the Sam Hill and then /kingdom tag


It is quite sickening, especially the people who cannot RP but think they can...they are quite annoying to the people who can RP. Some sort of reform is needed before the whole system collapses.

cloudstrifevii
10-31-2002, 05:04 AM
I saw one guy in Bakugun and his name was like Samurai Saito Hajime and it wasn't Tseng. Also I see a couple of people often changing their RP names.

Brad
10-31-2002, 08:13 AM
Hey, lose the hate. Kamuii, I'm from "original" kingdoms I guess. I was in the original Dustari as a Medievel Gardener with Spi. So whatever the hell you want to talk about, spit it out.

ZanderX
10-31-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Brad
Hey, lose the hate. Kamuii, I'm from "original" kingdoms I guess. I was in the original Dustari as a Medievel Gardener with Spi. So whatever the hell you want to talk about, spit it out.


...

what?

Think -> Comprehend -> Post.

Ghost Pirate
10-31-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX



...

what?

Think -> Comprehend -> Post.

Nowhere thats where I go wrong.

I always did,
Post -> Think -> Slap forehead

Zurkiba
10-31-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate


Nowhere thats where I go wrong.

I always did,
Post -> Think -> Slap forehead
Post -> Think -> Slap forehead -> Edit :)

RDEAdmiral
11-15-2002, 07:05 AM
I agree about the Orc and Elven bit. Although Elves are mortal enemies with Orcs and not Golblins. They are both different. Otherwise just let them have there names and yeah I also agree that 67% of the names I see are NOT suitable for a ROLEPLAYING game.

/ / / /
Ranno Gess

feivel
11-15-2002, 08:52 AM
I understand your complaints Kamuii and I am working to change things. Chibbi and Rasdah have non asian names because they are both non-bakugun in origin, specifically rasdah who left the kingdom he was in and for lack of better terms, converted to "bakugunism" :P

Kaimetsu
11-15-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

We were being creative and we wanted to make our own storyline

If you want to be creative then make new races or something. Orcs are Orcs. If you want Orcs then they need to hate Elves. It's just as fundamental to them as the fact that they have two arms, two legs and are stupid. Could I dismiss it as cool creativity if I decided to make them into FLYING SPIDER MONKEYS!?