PDA

View Full Version : Official Zormite Documentation

LordZen
10-18-2002, 08:35 AM
I have spent some time to remodel and restructure the rank system and also made a small set of rules to help define Zormite's governmental system. The following has been approved by the Emperor and we will from now on follow these guidelines until further notice

Rank system:
Top --better
bottom -- worse

//Hierarchy
-King (1)
--Reports to no one, governs the lands, and aids the Elder in
making decisions over things related to anything.

-Elder (1)
--Will watch over the regulars and handle most diplomatic situations.

-Councilman (3)
--Elected officials.

//Magic users.
-ArchMage (1)
--Wisest Wizard, head of department.

-Necromancer
--Higher level sorcerer. from levels 10 - 12

-Wizard
--More powerful sorcerer. from levels 7 - 9

-Spellcaster
--Pretty good sorcerer. from levels 4 - 6

-Adept
--Lowest sorcerer. from levels 1 - 3

//Fighters
-General (1)
--In command of the army, head of department.

-Knight
--Higher level fighter. from levels 10 - 12

-Swordsman
--More powerful fighter. from levels 7 - 9

-Sentry
--Pretty good fighter. from levels 4 - 6

-Conscript
--Lowest fighter. from levels 1 - 3

//Economic.
-Trademaster (1)
--In charge of things related to the economy, head of department.

-Capitalist
--Higher level economist. from levels 10 - 12

-Businessman
--More powerful economist. from levels 7 - 9

-Merchant
--Pretty good economist. from levels 4 - 6

-Vendor
--Lowest economist. from levels 1 - 3

//Specialty.
-Outlaw
--For people who take on the burden of being Thief class and do not wish to follow rigid code of level based rank advancement.

-Scientist
--For people who take on the burden of being Alchemist class and do not wish to follow rigid code of level based rank advancement.

-Citizen
--For people of any class who choose to not follow rigid code of level based rank advancement.

//--*rules*--
ARTICLE I
-Specialty ranks, having no head of department, will fall under jurisdiction of only the Hierarchy ranks.

ARTICLE II
-Any misconduct of one Zormite member toward another will be heavily scrutinized. If it envolves scamming or knowingly causing a significant disadvantage toward another Zormite member, without making an attempt to rectify the problem to the fullest extent of their ability, the offender will be punished, and possibly removed from the Kingdom.

ARTICLE III
-Councilmen serves terms of roughly 2 weeks at a time, then new elections are held. Limit 2 consecutive terms in office. (elections to be held on the 1st and 16th of each month) Councilmen are required to be at least base level 4 and must have been in Zormite kingdom for at least 1 week.

ARTICLE IV
-Any member of the kingdom can participate in official votes, other than those specifically reserved for the Councilmen, Elder, and King. Only requirement is that those members are online during the time the official voting is supposed to take place. Voting sessions must be announced at least 3 days in advance to insure members a fair opportunity to participate. For public votes to be validated, the Elder and/or King MUST be online and will recieve all votes from kingdom members. They will then validate a decision honestly and accurately. This process must be done unless a npc voting system is added to Zormite Kingdom Island, in which case an amendment to this document may be needed.

ARTICLE V
-The function of the Councilmen is to allow for the opportunity of all members of the kingdom to help govern and maintain Zormite. The King, Elder, and Councilmen work together to make decisions for the government. The Councilmen must vote amongst themselves, and a 2/3 majority will decide the outcome of such votes. They then submit the result which is evenly weighted against the opinion of a single Elder. If the 2 forces do not agree on a subject then the King will be the tie breaker, or can also participate in preliminary voting procedure if he desires to be sure that his input is included.

ARTICLE VI
-The King, elder, and heads of each department do not need to maintain a certain level to hold their rank. However, the heads of each department may be replaced if another kingdom member seems more fit for the position in question and is considerably active. Such a decision rests soley on the shoulders of the King after consulting the Elder and councilmen, but does not nessisarily require a vote.

ARTICLE VII
-The King, elder, and heads of each department cannot be removed or demoted without sufficient evidence of misconduct or inactivity. For the King, this rule is eliviated as the Elder should be helping out, and will only occur in very extreme circumstances in which the Graal Kingdoms administration agrees that an intervention is nessisary. To insure stability, the King's primary aid, the Elders, will enjoy similar immunities, except they can be deposed by a unanimous vote held between the Councilmen which is approved by the King. At this point, the King would elect a new person to fill the position of Elder, and if that person so happens to be a member of the Council, an emergency voting will take place to insure a council of three people.

BlKnight
10-18-2002, 09:06 AM
What about praetorians and regular guards and advisors and chancellors?

Also what I would suggest is that all people with civilian jobs have the rank civilian even if they are actually chiefs, shop owners, farmers, craftsmen etc.

LordZen
10-18-2002, 10:33 AM
thats how our government is set up, it doesnt need those other things to run, just a king, elder, and a group of elected citizens...thats fair dont you think? everybody has a chance.

Also most of it is level based rank advancement but there are options left for you if you dont want to do that. anybody can be citizen if they want. but if you are going to have a job as your rp dude you would probably want to go in economist sect

Torankusu
10-18-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by BlKnight
What about praetorians and regular guards and advisors and chancellors?

Also what I would suggest is that all people with civilian jobs have the rank civilian even if they are actually chiefs, shop owners, farmers, craftsmen etc. These people are economists though. If they feel the need to, they will mine minerals and make food for the kingdom (storage.) The Trademaster is like the treasurer.

fifi-nono
10-20-2002, 11:43 AM
it so hard... how am i suppose to become a knight... it takes forever for me to lvl up

JudgeDurst
10-20-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Torankusu
These people are economists though. If they feel the need to, they will mine minerals and make food for the kingdom (storage.) The Trademaster is like the treasurer.

With about 1000 of his own platinum as the treasury so far :D
though my rank is gone, so maybe not >.<

Zurkiba
10-20-2002, 08:44 PM
Elder and Councilmen is the exact same rank X_x

And my two cents is this:
It's not such a good idea to base ranks according to level... as it does not show any skill what so ever. Instead base ranks according to their skill in fighting or what ever they do.

These were the ranks when I was Emperor X_x... I hope you look at them and get an idea of what the Zormite kingdom was about. Sorry if I seem to ***** about this 24/7... it just seems queer that the whole of Zormite is changing...

MILITARY RANKS:
Supreme General - Not necessarily the strongest fighter, but by far the wisest. All attacks and battle strategies must be approved by him. (unless he is not online)
General- two generals. They support the Supreme general, and are extremely strong fighters. They are smart and help create the battle strategies.
Forza- Slightly under the generals, they are strong warriors who take care of all the dirty work the main army cannot.
Hero- The strongest fighters of the empire who are not generals or higher. Are extremely loyal, rushing to death if they have to.
Centurion- Fighters who use magic and fighting skills. Can fight at far range and at close with multiple weapons.
Zealot- Experienced pikeman who have dedicated their life to the empire
Pikeman- The main force of the Zormite army. They attack in groups and gang up on enemies.
Scouts- They scout the area before an attack. They can fight but just barely.
Recruit- Lowest military rank. They are scared and weak, and still must go through extensive training.

GUARD RANKS:
Royal Guard- Protects anyone in the Royalty Category.
Palace Guard- They make sure noone lowers the gate without proper permission

MAGIC RANKS:
Magi Lord- Highest Magic rank, reports directly to the generals. They are experienced in all types of magic, including healing and attacking.
Magi- Uses attacking magic, has small healing, but nothing significant. They train the Magi Apprentices.
Magi Apprentice- A student under the Magi. Attacks in the military only with their teacher.

RELIGION RANKS:
Prophet- A person who can TALK with the gods of the Zormites. They can sense things to come in the future and they lead most Church services.
Zorist- A Zorist is a person who teaches the words of our gods.

SCIENCE RANKS:
Professor- Head of the Sciences and University
Scientist- Respected Teacher who spends his/her life researching new technologies for the Zormite Empire
Teacher- Someone who teaches at the University :D
Student- Someone who is training to be a major for jobs in the empire and attends University classes.

CITIZEN RANKS:
Count- Counts are nobility who are the closest ranked to the royal family... if some reason the royal family is executed... the Count(s) would come into power.
Elder- Elders are the story tellers and old Zormites of the castle... they are highly dependable and can sometimes influence a Emperor's decision.*
Baron- Barons are Nobles who control Provinces and towns... They participate in wars.
Lord- Lords are simple noblemen with a few extra change in their pockets then most people have. They are in charge of owning and managing business in the Empire.
Foreign Minister- In charge of Ambassadors and peace treaties. They can not sign the peace treaties though.
Internal Minister- In charge of keeping the Police force up, making sure the Empire is working properly, in charge of minor development.
Economic Minister: In charge of managing Trade and Collection of resources. They are also in charge of making sure Tax Collectors do their job
Royal Worker- Head Workers.... they manage the workers and do simple jobs such as Management, Bar keeping, Maiden
Peddler- Peddlers are in charge of the Agoras which the Empire will get soon.
Worker- Workers collect resources and income for the Empire... rather they can donate the resources... or they can sell them to the Empire.

OTHER:
Engineer- They are the creators of houses for the Empire. They draw out the plans for construction (Also known as Level Maker)
Inventor- They are the inventors of new weapons and such. (Also known as NPC Scripter)

RACES:
Zormite- A Zormite is a simple life loving fish who loves the arts of war and science. They always seek something to learn.
Sahuagin- Not a rank, but a race similar to Zormite. Can be of any rank, must have Sahuagin in front of their rank, and are green. They are extremely strong.

I know that some of those are made for 2k1... but that is what the Zormite culture has been like since it's start.... sure I added some new age ranks in there (Ministers, Supreme General, etc) but most are from the old Zormite. I'm not saying that you should go by those ranks... I'm just offering it as a suggestion.

BlKnight
10-20-2002, 10:16 PM
Unfortuntely Zurikiba, level does show power.

Graal 2002, like most mmmorgs (although I find it wrong) are based on time not skill. In Graal 2001, everybody can get to a max amount of stats and afterwards the only factor in deciding the winner of a fight is skill. However on this server the higher your lvel (and also the better your items and magic items) the stronger you are. Simple as that.

-Axel-
10-21-2002, 12:18 AM
WTF why would Zormite have Necromancers? I always saw of Zormite magic as to be used in good manor. You realize what a Necromancer is, right?

Plus, thats my title in Dustari and has been. =/ Shoo.

EDIT: Necromancer (Deut. 15:11), i.e., "one who interrogates the dead," as the word literally means, with the view of discovering the secrets of futurity (comp. 1 Sam. 28:7).

nec·ro·man·cy Pronunciation Key (nkr-mns)
n.
The practice of supposedly communicating with the spirits of the dead in order to predict the future.
Black magic; sorcery.
Magic qualities.

AlexH
10-21-2002, 12:24 AM
If they were good mages then theywould only have like heal spells and cure conditions etc.
So why not have necromancers?
I have some spell that lets me make pets into monsters that fight for me. :)
Sadly it's not enabled yet. :(

-Axel-
10-21-2002, 12:38 AM
I do too =P

It would be a shame for axxy to lose his title in Dustari because Zormite made a rank that doesn't even fit them. :(

LordZen
10-21-2002, 12:42 AM
Well I am not going to look at other kingdoms having a similar rank title as a handicap for our own kingdom. There are 5 kingdoms, I'm sure there are alot of instances in which more than one kingdom has the same name for a rank.]

Anyways, Necromancer calls the dead, yep, I looked that up. It sounds powerful and desctructvie. So I used it for an upper rank for magic users. Simply, you are not going to find a purely good magic user who is level 10, because you dont get experience for healing spells ect. People who get such a high level deffinately have attack spells.

-Axel-
10-21-2002, 01:27 AM
bleh, I said it wrong x_X';

I meant it in this way, Necromancy is considered "black" or "Evil"

I see Zormites as peaceful, not saying that they can't used magic in a harmful way.

LordZen
10-21-2002, 02:57 AM
I'm adding another article to the rules, but unfortunately I just figured out I cant edit a post after a set amount of time...so I'll put it here. The emperor already approved keke.

ARTICLE VIII
It is unacceptable to purposely cause misfortune to others on Graal Kingdoms server while wearing Zormite tag (scamming). Punishment will be decided by the King and/or Elder.

Zurkiba
10-21-2002, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by -Axel-
bleh, I said it wrong x_X';

I meant it in this way, Necromancy is considered "black" or "Evil"

I see Zormites as peaceful, not saying that they can't used magic in a harmful way.
Axel's correct...
If the Zormites make room for evil and destruction... then they lose their other talents.

The Zormites are described as peace loving scientist, they have the purist heart, and they are very strong.

--------------
Blknight... Not really... Ranks should revolve around skills level. If a level 1 person can kill a level 10 person... shouldn't that person be the highest rank s/he can go? Because according to Zen's little rank chart... a lvl1 who can kill a lvl10 isn't a Knight... he's the lowest level, yet that person has the skills to be a knight.
--------------

And noone posted about meh ranks and my comment on councilman and elder -_-

BlKnight
10-21-2002, 05:16 AM
What I mean is there is no way posible that a level 1 could kill a level 10.

Zurkiba
10-21-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by BlKnight
What I mean is there is no way posible that a level 1 could kill a level 10.
There is a possible way X_x

AlexH
10-21-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

There is a possible way X_x

Very unlikely.
Although the level 1 character may be extremly skilled whereas the level 10 character just sucks. :\

BlKnight
10-21-2002, 09:15 AM
HIGHLY unlikely that a level 1 will hit a level 10 around 100 times before a level 10 hits the level 1 once.

LordZen
10-21-2002, 11:15 PM
Zurkiba I'm sorry you dont like how graal kingdom's Zormite is turning out. It is not the same Zormite kingdom as the one which exists on G2k1, it has different members, different kings, different rank system, different servers.

Honestly, all your doing is throwing tons of negative energy our way, I dont see why. If g2k1's Zormite was suddenly changing then I would totaly understand your position. But you know, only thing we really share in common is the name.

Our rank system fits fine for the server it exists on, and if there isnt a true need to drastically change it, then it wont be changed.

Zormites can be evil, who's to say they cant? Maybe they were considered pure and good scientists or whatever on g2k1, because it followed that server's storyline and theme. We are starting our own legacy though, we really shouldnt have to feel bound to the traditions of another kingdom that is a server apart from us.

-Axel-
10-22-2002, 04:43 AM
Fine, we will see who the real Necromancers are then, my friend. ;)

Zurkiba
10-22-2002, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by LordZen
Zurkiba I'm sorry you dont like how graal kingdom's Zormite is turning out. It is not the same Zormite kingdom as the one which exists on G2k1, it has different members, different kings, different rank system, different servers.

Honestly, all your doing is throwing tons of negative energy our way, I dont see why. If g2k1's Zormite was suddenly changing then I would totaly understand your position. But you know, only thing we really share in common is the name.

Our rank system fits fine for the server it exists on, and if there isnt a true need to drastically change it, then it wont be changed.

Zormites can be evil, who's to say they cant? Maybe they were considered pure and good scientists or whatever on g2k1, because it followed that server's storyline and theme. We are starting our own legacy though, we really shouldnt have to feel bound to the traditions of another kingdom that is a server apart from us.
Yet again... If it's not Zormite... dont call it Zormite.

Torankusu
10-22-2002, 06:43 AM

And noone posted about meh ranks and my comment on councilman and elder -_- Because you are incorrect.

We have a council, filled with councilmen.
The "elders" of that council are Zen (and Maybe Stylez if he gets back). These elders are the higher members in the entire council, but they are under the King.

Torankusu
10-22-2002, 06:46 AM

Yet again... If it's not Zormite... dont call it Zormite. Ugh. You need to understand that Graal2001 and Graal2002 are different.

We can't keep the same inefficient system; we're going to use new ones. This is the EXACT SAME, if not VERY SIMILAR, as it was when Zardagan and Hiryuu were the emperors.

JudgeDurst
10-23-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by LordZen
different members

And some old ones, too :D

Romeo2k
10-30-2002, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
Because you are incorrect.

We have a council, filled with councilmen.
The "elders" of that council are Zen (and Maybe Stylez if he gets back). These elders are the higher members in the entire council, but they are under the King.

well,
i have 5 days on my gold, and dont have access to a cc...
i havent been playing because ive been pming back and forth to stefan about lost stuff (got reset due to a bug) for almost 3 weeks x.x
i only have half of my stuff so far :-(
anyway, if anywhere, i will be on classic or checking on 2002

btw, feel free to upgrade me ;-)

BlKnight
10-30-2002, 06:22 AM
Levels are pointless though because when you die you obviously loose levels, perhaps you could have a system where you give a category to someone (ie. military, economic) and it automatically changes their rank to whatever level they are at the time.

Ie. Swordsman Duriba dies and looses X exp.
Swordsman Duriba is now Sentry Duriba.

Tyhm
10-30-2002, 08:06 AM
G2K1 is G2K2's past. So they are the same Zormites to a degree, but much has changed in the hundred or so years between. The Zormites of G2K2, having lost a number of their ranks to raiders, cast aside their decrees of peace and hospitality to defend themselves. Or something. C'mon guys, you're supposed to be RPers, RP already.

Jeff
10-31-2002, 01:47 AM
Agreed with Tyhm.

What's happened is this, as far as I can tell:

Bomy Moon falling has caused all sorts of chaos. Tsunamis, earthquakes, et cetera, destroy the advanced newmain civilization. Technologies such as the Clothes Changer, the Message System, and the cliff lift, and economic entities such as the market, the hat shops, and so forth, are lost to the sands of time. (However, diligent archaelogists can occasionally find a working copy of the once-ubiquitous Metris game) The bomies go mad. Humans flee to distant islands; eventually, attempts are made to reconstruct some of the old towns on the main island again; however, the names of many geographical features are evidently forgotten, and Bogenera is rebuilt in the wrong place, perhaps to protect it from killer bomies, killer mushrooms, rabid rabbits, and other horrors never before seen aboveground. The lavish private residences, however, are gone, replaced with small one-room stone edifices on the outlying islands. The kingdoms have reformed under new leadership: Dustari under King Charles Amelyn, the brother of Henry Barbarossa Nightrose the late Prince; the Pirates under Governor Girum Rivclaw, a wise and ruthless seadog; the Samurai under the name of the Bakugun Empire under Empress Rinko Alaster ((I think?)), who has served in a similar position in the past. The Zormites and the newly-risen Forest kingdom are in states of mild to moderate unrest, often having leadership retention problems, not a surprising thing for the Zormites.

The Gralat has fallen and the economy is in its greatest depression. The bizarre hats are burnt to ash and ripped to shreds.

The age of Graal as it was known is over.

Stefan smiles. It's going to be a fun era.

Locke_boy
10-31-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Jeff
Agreed with Tyhm.

What's happened is this, as far as I can tell: ... et cetera

Interesting take on it .. but is this the "real" story?

Jeff
10-31-2002, 09:27 AM
It's what I've been able to piece together.

Tyhm
10-31-2002, 10:24 AM
A real (official) storyline exists. I've seen it, though it's still under development.

His is remarkably close.

LordZen
03-25-2003, 05:38 AM
Im unsticking this thread. Kinda sad because its one of the oldest threads in this forum, and its the first draft of an organization system our kingdom has had. :( Its just too outdated now.

Im just posting so it doesnt disappear off the page as soon as I unstick it...since its been locked for months and months...back from before I was emperor even.

When the website's completed I will have a new set of laws and better explanations for what our rank system has developed into since this thread was first made.

zell12
03-25-2003, 04:56 PM
Thats great, but really, stop making ranks have just a level requriement. They should have to be able to RP as the title they have chosin.

GreTheMage
03-25-2003, 09:05 PM
sorry to say but i have to agree with Zell on this one

i don't go on to level up and kill things

most of my time spent on Graal is Rping

sigh.........

LordZen
03-26-2003, 04:48 AM
Yea, thats why the Zormite system has options :\.

The Navy promotion system is based totally on merrit. Some people prefer to have their rank show their power, and so we have options for that as well. Still more, there is other special titles which anybody has the option to use that are permanent and do no change according to level or anything else. Thats probably best for the person truly trying to keep up a RP character that doesnt have a changing name (title).

So umm Excalibur, I think I've covered all my bases. :D