PDA

View Full Version : Revision 4

Admins
10-16-2002, 07:05 AM
By testing the exe with people who have some weird graphics cards (Loriel :) ) we found the problems with the light effects, so download revision 4 to get the thing fixed. Tomorrow the old version (2.15) will be disabled. You already need it to play on Graal2002, to see the hp bar and stuff.

About the different animations in the new starting level and switching back to old classic animations when playing your own levels:
Just start the game correctly in editing mode, by double-clicking on a level file in the windows explorer (file association). Then you will have all the normal settings.

AlexH
10-16-2002, 07:12 AM
*Goes to download new revision*
Click!
*crosses fingers*

Yay for Loriel and his weird but similarly weird graphics card as mine.
And yay for Stefan for knowing how to fix it. :)

EliteDeath
10-16-2002, 07:41 AM
Stefan, the system is still incompatible with the HP MP system on Valikorlia for some reason, do you think you could help fix it?

EliteDeath
10-16-2002, 07:51 AM
I just had someone hit my char, with the new revision he dies in one hit on there, and he does not reappear. Can you please fix this before forcing the new version on us?

Rance_P2P
10-16-2002, 08:22 AM
This is mostly to Stefan, and Guilds Admin.

First off, Stefan, Why don't you make it so, that players can make thier own tutorial levels... As NAT Chief on Doomsday, I think it would be wise that I can start, and have some NPCs to debug other NPCs right from the start...

What is all this talk about Servers going down? How are you going to inspect the servers? It's quite hard to know what pleases one as a individual.... Quite complex!

Also, I just made a guild up "Gate Keepers", and I can't seem to put on my tag, other then G2K2's server! I don't have any contact means to the Guild Admin, or any admins since you took down the Staff page... I am wondering if it's only my guild, or all guilds created after some time... Seeing I saw a friend have his global guild tag too! Can you clear that up too?

As for RC... The RC has a really annoying glitch. It takes off our staff tag each time you log on... I think that is done seeing you made it only check the global tags, and not the server guilds... It would be a good time to fix that bug.

I was going to talk to you about the messed up graphics, but I think that you fixed it already, Thanks!

- Rance

davidpsy
10-16-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Rance_P2P
This is mostly to Stefan, and Guilds Admin.

First off, Stefan, Why don't you make it so, that players can make thier own tutorial levels... As NAT Chief on Doomsday, I think it would be wise that I can start, and have some NPCs to debug other NPCs right from the start...

What is all this talk about Servers going down? How are you going to inspect the servers? It's quite hard to know what pleases one as a individual.... Quite complex!

Also, I just made a guild up "Gate Keepers", and I can't seem to put on my tag, other then G2K2's server! I don't have any contact means to the Guild Admin, or any admins since you took down the Staff page... I am wondering if it's only my guild, or all guilds created after some time... Seeing I saw a friend have his global guild tag too! Can you clear that up too?

As for RC... The RC has a really annoying glitch. It takes off our staff tag each time you log on... I think that is done seeing you made it only check the global tags, and not the server guilds... It would be a good time to fix that bug.

I was going to talk to you about the messed up graphics, but I think that you fixed it already, Thanks!

- Rance
YEAH!!!

Judge_Spunky
10-16-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
Perhaps Stefan could make a separate executable that just runs the exe with an argument that tells it to open a tutorial level. Then the normal executable could be made to instantly connect to the server list as soon as it is run, and people would stop doing weird things like going through the tutorial to reach the level editor.
I suggested something along those lines in the Future Improvements forum.

Glory
10-16-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Stefan
By testing the exe with people who have some weird graphics cards (Loriel :) ) we found the problems with the light effects, so download revision 4 to get the thing fixed. Tomorrow the old version (2.15) will be disabled. You already need it to play on Graal2002, to see the hp bar and stuff.

About the different animations in the new starting level and switching back to old classic animations when playing your own levels:
Just start the game correctly in editing mode, by double-clicking on a level file in the windows explorer (file association). Then you will have all the normal settings.

Would be NICE if I could actually download it...

SSJVegeta1
10-16-2002, 12:49 PM
yeah, sorry but my lights still don;t work

CyberX
10-17-2002, 02:18 AM
Lights are fine now... ;)

Rance_P2P
10-17-2002, 03:41 AM

Listen to me: The tutorial level is a tutorial. You use it if you want to be tutored. If you want to edit levels, open the levels. With the level editor. It makes sense, y'know?

Perhaps Stefan could make a separate executable that just runs the exe with an argument that tells it to open a tutorial level. Then the normal executable could be made to instantly connect to the server list as soon as it is run, and people would stop doing weird things like going through the tutorial to reach the level editor.

Some servers are worthless junk. They should go down. Again, it makes sense.
.. That's bad... Making things complex to the new users... And wasting a COMPLETE EXE file size only for tests? That's insane! Waste of a lot of space. However, making it so that you can replace the Tutorials levels would be better, you wouldn't need to run anything specail. Maybe he can put it in the options,

Tutorial Level: [levelname] (DEFAULT)

Something like that, it would increase a lot of chances of less argueing and more power!

I don't know about you... But once I see the test levels, I've seen it!

BTW Stefan, I can mess up you levels pretty much ^_^ You see, I just need to save an empty level as the tutorial level name, and play it, rego in the Level Editor, and it would open up your level! Thou, we can only chance the hieght of the levels, it can still mess up a lot. Thinking of making that not do that? And... Stefan... Can you do me a favor... Fix the .EXE File so that...
1. The Offline levels are messed up by your tutorial level...
2. The lights work... Not only lights2.png >,.,<

That'll do for now

-Rance

Rance_P2P
10-17-2002, 03:54 AM
Forgot to say...

Removing the servers is semi-good, semi-bad.
I've been playing this game for fairly 3 years, and removing the access to host our own server was one bad thing... But that was then, this is now. They've suffered... Some people still have those RCs out there! Those were the sweet RCs... Well, the ones we have now scares me! Well.. At least it's functional...

Semi-Bad - You don't know how hard someone works on a Server, some of them got grounded for working on it too much... As for some bad? Well.. Not all of them are bad, and they would get closed anyways... I accept the ones that have 1 player per day, which is NPC Server... But... Some of them just don't rise, even thou they are good, only for the simple reason of players go were players are. They wouldn't go on a server with no-one...

Semi-Good - Yes, good as in.. We'll focus more on other servers... But, we'll mix too much tastes, thus making staff argue... Maybe Merging some current servers with others, or upcoming ones would do good, but... Already upcoming servers are mostly made by players who have jobs on current servers today...

Well... That's about all...

-Axel-
10-17-2002, 05:16 AM
Graal worked fine for me, but now with Revision 4, I suffer the lighting effect (Lights have a semi-box surrounding them now) problem, and my inventory on 2k2 is see through =/.....

Funky people with crappy GFX crads causing my graal to mess up =P J/k, I wub you all.

AlexH
10-17-2002, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by -Axel-
Graal worked fine for me, but now with Revision 4, I suffer the lighting effect (Lights have a semi-box surrounding them now) problem, and my inventory on 2k2 is see through =/.....

Funky people with crappy GFX crads causing my graal to mess up =P J/k, I wub you all.

Your supposed to be able to see through your Q menu.
Transparacy was added.

-Axel-
10-17-2002, 05:32 AM
Ok, well then the lighting effects are still messed up. (Unless now the Candle light is glitched x_X)

I sorta liked how the new Q menu looked anyway, just thought something was wrong =P

Dach
10-17-2002, 09:06 AM
If we could edit the tutorial level, I'd be happy. Doesn't actually matter, I can always make a level to open first before I do anything offline. Of course I won't tell you guy's how to open the tutorial in the editor, since it's obvious Stefan doesn't want us to do that...

AlexH
10-17-2002, 09:07 AM
Why would you want to edit the tutorial level? :confused:

CheeToS2
10-17-2002, 11:04 AM
Hmm.. I found a transparency bug..
When I use showimg 200,whatever.png,x,y;
changeimgcolors 200,1,1,1,.7;
changeimgmode 200,1;
changeimgvis 200,4;
showimg 201,@comic sans [email protected]@blah,x,y;
changeimgvis 201,5;

the 201 showimg text shows behind the transparency instead of on top of it.. It doesnt do it for me, but it does with other people i've asked to test.

Just for the record, i've tried using showtext too, no luck.

Admins
10-17-2002, 07:40 PM
I will upload the fixed candle light soon,
the problem happens when you zoom an image of wrong size (not power of 2) too much. I might invest some time to fix that, but it needed to be changed because the old stuff messed up images with alpha transparency.

Rance_P2P
10-18-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Stefan
I will upload the fixed candle light soon,
the problem happens when you zoom an image of wrong size (not power of 2) too much. I might invest some time to fix that, but it needed to be changed because the old stuff messed up images with alpha transparency.

Will you also fix the Auto-Sync for the Guilds system?
I don't know what might be the error, but I can surely find it easily...

You've also defined a function twice in the Guilds Login when our query of our loginname and password from MySQL didn't match... Thus including another page, redeclaring a function, and making an error...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare formatdate() in /home/graal/webs/graal2001/htdocs/functions2.php on line 4

Well... That's about it...

davidpsy
10-18-2002, 11:21 AM
on ofence but FIX IT PLEASE i really hate going on classic and i cant reset my race because if (playersays (change race){warp player level
dont work because of the new exe can you fix it so all old and new scripting works please

SaitoHajime
10-18-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Rance_P2P

Will you also fix the Auto-Sync for the Guilds system?
I don't know what might be the error, but I can surely find it easily...

You've also defined a function twice in the Guilds Login when our query of our loginname and password from MySQL didn't match... Thus including another page, redeclaring a function, and making an error...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare formatdate() in /home/graal/webs/graal2001/htdocs/functions2.php on line 4

Well... That's about it...

Type the capitals in your name correctly, then it won't give you that error.

Rance_P2P

Capitalize the R, and the P's.

Before yelling at me, try it :)

King_Arthur_Elven
10-18-2002, 02:34 PM
Do you really think he doesn't know that backwards compatibility is an issue? Maybe you think he read your post and decided "Wow, he's right, I really should make old scripting work"? Don't be ridiculous. He knows it's a problem and he's undoubtedly working on it. Messages like yours just annoy people.
That annoys me more than what he said. There was no need to pick on him like that. He seen a problem and he pointed it out. He was trying to be helpful yes we know stefan is working on it but maybe he doesnt?.

Maybe just maybe you should just leave people alone. There not harming anyone are they?

Graal is a game for everyone. You dont come on the forums to be attacked. Someone visting thesse forums thinking about joing graal is going to get the wrong impression of the game because they get attacked for doing nothing.

Birdbird_0
10-18-2002, 02:51 PM
at this point, I'm so glad that my computer is not more then 6 months old.

Loriel
10-18-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Birdbird_0
at this point, I'm so glad that my computer is not more then 6 months old.
My comp is 2 months, and just has a messed GFX card.

About that person whose scripting is broken... how about just have them rescript it, and this time using commands which have NOT declared no longer supported half a year ago?

Darlene159
10-18-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by King_Arthur_Elven

That annoys me more than what he said. There was no need to pick on him like that. He seen a problem and he pointed it out. He was trying to be helpful yes we know stefan is working on it but maybe he doesnt?.

Maybe just maybe you should just leave people alone. There not harming anyone are they?

Graal is a game for everyone. You dont come on the forums to be attacked. Someone visting thesse forums thinking about joing graal is going to get the wrong impression of the game because they get attacked for doing nothing.

I very much agree with you, this is happening alot.........

osrs
10-18-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by CyberX
Lights are fine now... ;)

Lights dont work for me..

Admins
10-19-2002, 04:41 AM
With rev4?
'playersays' has been obsolete since end of 1999 and have not mentioned in the commands list and stuff, but it has not been removed to keep backward compatibility with some classic levels, not sure why scripters still use it.

Rance_P2P
10-19-2002, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by SaitoHajime

Type the capitals in your name correctly, then it won't give you that error.

Rance_P2P

Capitalize the R, and the P's.

Before yelling at me, try it :)

I'm not yelling, It's a problem... I got that the first time, and I didn't even know I went to the wrong guild or password... Tried it again... And it worked!

... And, if the command wasn't used for a while... Why still have it being declared! Those functions shouldn't be there in that case!

Jeff
10-19-2002, 05:24 AM
To the guy with the playersays problem:

You are missing a parenthesis.

King_Arthur_Elven
10-19-2002, 09:07 AM
Remember when I said that his post was annoying? Did you ever think that maybe that implied that it had annoyed me? So it's kinda natural to try to get him to stop.

I find some people annoying but i dont say anything cause i do not wish to offend them since this is a game. You are look apon as someone people respect and they see you blunty attacking a player for no good reason? What kinda example does that set? Why dont you just leave the guy alone hes not harming anyone. You have to learn some basic respect for everyone! Everyone deserve respect.

Ghost Pirate
10-19-2002, 09:07 AM
I dunno if its me or what
but it seems that there is maybe a memory leak (dunno if there is or not)

When I have graal open for awhile and I across between level and gmaps for awhile my computer seems to slow down rather bad. It happens sometimes I dunno the real problem but I'm thinking its due to graal since one time. I did have a nice little blue screen error blaming memory.

King_Arthur_Elven
10-19-2002, 10:02 AM
Common Decency. He dont deserve respect? Then fine dont respect him but dont attack him just cause you dont respect him.

King_Arthur_Elven
10-19-2002, 12:41 PM
I dont find that to be no where near a good reason. He wont stop. I'm pretty sure hes not trying to annoy anyone. I mean for crying out loud he posted info to try and help. He wasnt bothering you or for that matter anyone i dont know if you feel your better than him or what but just treat everyone how you would like to be treated.

EliteDeath
10-19-2002, 02:30 PM
Kaimetsu's funny but I still frown upon how immature you're all being about this.

King_Arthur_Elven
10-19-2002, 02:51 PM
Yes he is being very immature. Hes making graal look unfriendly. You clam to be better than him? He cant spell so what some people have problems with spelling. I relize your not talking about that. I have no idea why your attacking him. Cause he annoys you? SO LEAVE HIM ALONE. Yes alot of people look up to you and more than likely wont ever say anything to you. Do you remeber when people came to you for help? and when you would help anyone? Now your all high and mighty. Buddy your no better than anyone. Your just a player in a game. And at that not even a player your a forum poster and mod. You dont even play graal.

You attack people for no reason apart from they "annoy you".
hey big surprise you annoy me but i dont attack you. And your more than likely going to reply i dont care if i annoy you. Guess what i dont care. You Annoy me i keep that to my self. Just mature a little respect people and you will be fine by me.

Darlene159
10-19-2002, 10:28 PM
King Arthur, you will get nowhere...trust me, been there, done that.
Might as well stop now and let this thread get back to what it is suppose to be. Higher ups just look at the mods posts and laugh when they put people down, unless it is about them of course, so you arguing about how he treats people does no good at all.

davidpsy
10-20-2002, 04:22 AM
thanks for sticking up for me. Kaimetsu just dont like me so i just ignor him i wish you all would do the same. rather then yell at him about how mean he is to me its no big deal but thanks anyway. :)
Also it is kind of funny how the mod Kamietsu is mean to people yet the players are nice and respectfull lol. Also i download 4 now and everything works (got a 3 year laptop computer and going on 4 year woot anything will work on this computer)
But i do think it is annoying how i state a problem and Kaimetsu just attacks me for no reason oh well.

davidpsy
10-20-2002, 08:49 AM

Great, so as well as giving a completely stupid bug report, you didn't even download the newest version first? And I attacked you for 'no reason'. Right _
yes you are 100%4%#[email protected]@1339 correct!!!

BeZeRkEr
10-20-2002, 08:56 AM

Great, so as well as giving a completely stupid bug report, you didn't even download the newest version first? And I attacked you for 'no reason'. Right _
It's not his fault Kaimetsu..
HE'S AN IDIOT!

Ghost Pirate
10-20-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by BeZeRkEr

It's not his fault Kaimetsu..
HE'S AN IDIOT!

Oh come on thats almost a complentment for him.

BeZeRkEr
10-20-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Ghost Pirate

Oh come on thats almost a complentment for him.

He sure acts offended by the millions of times we've said it..

King_Arthur_Elven
10-22-2002, 09:59 AM
-If you have a problem with a moderator, or another player on the forum please take it up with them privately, either on Graal or in a pm.

Stick by the rules.

Darlene159
10-22-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by King_Arthur_Elven
-If you have a problem with a moderator, or another player on the forum please take it up with them privately, either on Graal or in a pm.

Stick by the rules.

oh, you mean like the moderators do?
I find that very funny....
sending a forum pm wont do any good

King_Arthur_Elven
10-22-2002, 01:01 PM
That was Directed at the mod. His job is to the force the rules (one of them). Maybe he should not break them himself. He is to set a example correct?

Golbez
10-23-2002, 08:33 PM
Speacking of the new Graal version a friend of mine still can't get though the instaling part =x
He does all the downloading then it freezes at a map..

Psycho_Goldfish42
10-26-2002, 04:48 PM
It's all very good having these weird graphics cards but remember - lights are ran using DirectX. If your DirectX is too old or doesn't support your graphics card then say goodbye to light effects. I believe this is also the case with transparency. Most things to do with special effects use DirectX. Try upgrading to the most recent version of DirectX - it worked for me ages ago.

Spark910
10-26-2002, 05:20 PM
Yeah I did this, It worked, then it didnt for like 6months then since about 5versions ago lights have worked for me again! Weird x.X