PDA

View Full Version : Guilds deleted today

EliteDeath
10-15-2002, 10:10 AM
Imparn - passed
unknown - rejected, pointless as a guild and in my opinion people will merely use it as a double to be unknown (unknown) which would become quite idiotic
Candy Team - passed as it is a team that could possibly be giving out candy on servers....further research needed
Ecstacy - deleted, it's a drug
Babylon Spar Team - Rejected, if they want something like that I believe it's more appropriate to have it as a local guild, there's no use in globalizing that
Black Magic - rejected, it's a type of magic not a group of people, if they wish to go as (Black Magic Users) that would be fine
Battle Sloths - borderline on the idiocy but passed
Oddity - passed
Gate Keeper - passed
Vintage Renegade - passed
Turks - REJECTED. It's from ff7 >;(
Monkey Mansion - Monkey Mansion...what the heck? This isn't a guild nor even a real thing. Pointless.
Darkness - passed, could be interesting
Berserker - passed
Jenova - from ff7 however the reference to it is VERY VERY vague and it is the name of one thing....passed with possiblity of deletion if complaints received.
Elite PKers - we have a million guilds like this already, every newbie does not need to make a new one rejected
Bombaz - rejected for pointlessness
Fire Alliance Army - Passed, good guild name
Restoration - rejected, it's a word not a group
Colonies - passed...you could do Name of the (Colonies)

MULTIPLE misc guilds that I do not have the time to list in que - deleted b/c did not get supports within 2 weeks

All of the following = lack of activity
O'Donnel
Camelot
Munkie
Dark Knights
GMX
The Vampires Terror
Infernal
KBS
The 1337 association
OBUS
DTK
GoL
Stealth Eskimos
Bless
nGo
Rogue
Steel Wind
Elite Guard
Kami Madosi or something
Elite Guard
MpD
JF
Team TimeMutt
Graalian Legends
Sekihoutai
Dark Legions
LOH
Heat
Grimonia
Starbreeze
SK
Avelon
Deadmen
THEM
Kiaba Corp
Mayhem
KBS

Deleted for too few members after 2 weeks
Erathia
Flux
Dragoon Rage
SDK
Elite Mercenaries
BOG
Wolfpac
Fightin Fools
CrazedMonkeys
Rune
Elite Force
Possession
ROX
crayzeez
Valkor
NFG
DMA
Cross
Dark Industries
KOG
XTeam

Jeff
10-15-2002, 11:11 AM
*steps into role as self-appointed public defender*

Turks = people from Turkey. Screw final fantasy, unless it's very very obvious as in Moogle Government.

Ecstacy: webster dot com k? It means bliss last I checked...which is possibly all the submitter meant

Restoration and others: What does it matter if it doesn't specifically use a group noun? A lot of guilds could have names that aren't group nouns and still be quite valid...

EliteDeath
10-15-2002, 11:17 AM
Read Neme's post, it goes to the popular one, and fyi, I AM BLOODY FROM TURKEY AND WE DON'T LIKE BEING REFERRED TO AS TURKS.

edit: these aren't here to debate, they are here to show the people what was deleted. If this does not go well I'll just be giving the list privately to Nemesis on a weekly basis, it's MUCH easier that way for me.

CheeToS2
10-15-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by EliteDeath
THEM

;-; :mad: :whatever:

EliteDeath
10-15-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by CheeToS2

;-; :mad: :whatever: I know it's a popular guild, it had no activity for 2 months though and that's the limit that Neme set, not me.

Nemesis
10-15-2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Jeff
*steps into role as self-appointed public defender*

Turks = people from Turkey. Screw final fantasy, unless it's very very obvious as in Moogle Government.

Ecstacy: webster dot com k? It means bliss last I checked...which is possibly all the submitter meant

Restoration and others: What does it matter if it doesn't specifically use a group noun? A lot of guilds could have names that aren't group nouns and still be quite valid...

It's not to debate... Turks is from FF7...doesn't matter if it's for Turkish people or whatever...I don't think there are THAT many turkish players on graal period. If they are...They'd have a much more decent name than "Turks", and for the fact I know the person who created the guild, he isn't even from Turkey, from the last time I was informed. Your statement is voided

Ecstacy, this is not "what the dictionary says" it's common sense. It's a drug, so by far the popular most common use of the word will be interpreted on graal. You say the word Ecstacy, and you think...Drug...I know I did, I didn't think "ohh it's bliss, what a lovely name"

Fact is, if it's a valid reason for deleting it, and they all were valid reasonings, so people need to learn to understand this and that guilds also will be changing in the near future...because guilds need to revert back to the roots of how guildlife was, and it'll be requirements that will be met, and pushed for a better guildlife that was lost long ago....

Which means "fun" guilds or groups will not be tolerated, and all guilds should have a purpose and have standards of some sorts. Now a days everyone makes 3 + guilds for the sake of MAKING the guild, no purpose, heck everyone is in everyone's guild now so like it matters anymore, but that should all change. Those who care about guild life should take full advantage of this and with possible new pw standards we can make a lot more progress, and with 2k2, being how it is, it's rejected the global guild format because of the "fun" guilds invading it and making it's system look stupid...So all in all, I hope to get some guild life changes to make things a lot more interesting..and back to the way guilds used to be...

Loriel
10-15-2002, 08:49 PM
I once talked to someone from Atlantis wo had his Guild Macro or something finally created, and received, right after the "passed" email, a "deleted because of inactivity" mail. :(

Jeff
10-15-2002, 09:38 PM
Things like Black Magic and whatnot shouldn't be rejected just because they don't include a plural peoplenoun. (Black Magic Users) = much longer tag, and we all know how afraid Joe Graalian Public is of his keyboard...also, what harm is done to anyone if a plural people noun is not included?

About Ecstasy maybe you're right, the English language has gone so far down the loo it's impossible to tell exactly what people are talking about these days...even though I have heard of that drug, I was typing that late at night, haha.

CheeToS2
10-16-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by Nemesis

Which means "fun" guilds or groups will not be tolerated, and all guilds should have a purpose and have standards of some sorts. Now a days everyone makes 3 + guilds for the sake of MAKING the guild, no purpose, heck everyone is in everyone's guild now so like it matters anymore, but that should all change. Those who care about guild life should take full advantage of this and with possible new pw standards we can make a lot more progress, and with 2k2, being how it is, it's rejected the global guild format because of the "fun" guilds invading it and making it's system look stupid...So all in all, I hope to get some guild life changes to make things a lot more interesting..and back to the way guilds used to be...

Why not let people have their fun? Thats the point of the game, right, to have fun?

I don't mean to sound mean if it looks that way ^_^

EliteDeath
10-16-2002, 03:03 AM
As soon as I talk to Unixmad I'm going to try to get the guilds capped at 3 max for each player to make or possibly even be in. Multiguilding is what's brought about the lameness of a million guilds many of which aren't used.

RTelvecho
10-16-2002, 03:45 AM
new guild admin?

EliteDeath
10-16-2002, 03:57 AM
Nope, I'm still King Arthur :)

RTelvecho
10-16-2002, 04:37 AM
Nope, I'm still King Arthur :)
Oh.. okay. Are you going to unblacklist skillz now??

EliteDeath
10-17-2002, 07:06 PM
No. It stays on blacklist.

-Albus
10-18-2002, 03:29 AM
As soon as I talk to Unixmad I'm going to try to get the guilds capped at 3 max for each player to make or possibly even be in. Multiguilding is what's brought about the lameness of a million guilds many of which aren't used.
That's good, but rejecting guilds because you don't like the name is not.

RTelvecho
10-18-2002, 03:59 AM
No. It stays on blacklist. why you have no reason to blacklist it, jsut because you acuse me of not being the owner doesnt mean you can blacklist it

EliteDeath
10-18-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Nemesis

It's not to debate... Turks is from FF7...doesn't matter if it's for Turkish people or whatever...I don't think there are THAT many turkish players on graal period. If they are...They'd have a much more decent name than "Turks", and for the fact I know the person who created the guild, he isn't even from Turkey, from the last time I was informed. Your statement is voided

Ecstacy, this is not "what the dictionary says" it's common sense. It's a drug, so by far the popular most common use of the word will be interpreted on graal. You say the word Ecstacy, and you think...Drug...I know I did, I didn't think "ohh it's bliss, what a lovely name"

Fact is, if it's a valid reason for deleting it, and they all were valid reasonings, so people need to learn to understand this and that guilds also will be changing in the near future...because guilds need to revert back to the roots of how guildlife was, and it'll be requirements that will be met, and pushed for a better guildlife that was lost long ago....

Which means "fun" guilds or groups will not be tolerated, and all guilds should have a purpose and have standards of some sorts. Now a days everyone makes 3 + guilds for the sake of MAKING the guild, no purpose, heck everyone is in everyone's guild now so like it matters anymore, but that should all change. Those who care about guild life should take full advantage of this and with possible new pw standards we can make a lot more progress, and with 2k2, being how it is, it's rejected the global guild format because of the "fun" guilds invading it and making it's system look stupid...So all in all, I hope to get some guild life changes to make things a lot more interesting..and back to the way guilds used to be... ::rams down Iron Fist of Guildship:: WE WILL FOLLOW THE OLD WAYS! ::points to the golden era of Graal lost so long ago::

Loriel
10-18-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Loriel
I once talked to someone from Atlantis wo had his Guild Macro or something finally created, and received, right after the "passed" email, a "deleted because of inactivity" mail. :(
Can you tell me why this would happen?

EliteDeath
10-19-2002, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Loriel

Can you tell me why this would happen? The email never specifies why it's deleted...it just states some of the reasons it COULD have been deleted for. The decision may have been reversed by someone else, when was this guild made?

LOA--Paul
10-19-2002, 10:14 AM

Well, I think I'm in more than 4 and I'm not a "guild lamer" I take them seriously

I have - LOA - my guild, Legion of Apocalypse, we have two bases on Classic

PLT - Private Levels Team- This actually meets the DEFINITION of guild. we help each other out with levels, not really a "clan"

The Sabbat - Ally of LOA, also one of my first guilds.

I was also added to a few others for diplomatic reasons, but do not wear them near as often, generally in times of war when it's needed so my hits don't hurt those I'm helping, same thing goes with alliance tag- End of an Era was the old LOA-US unified alliance tag, so it wasnt really "multiguilding"

I'd say 4 or 5 is a better amount, since if people actually are guild lamers they are generally in about over 15