View Full Version : The "changes"

Googi
10-13-2002, 09:34 PM
Aside from a reset, what are they?

Vyse_the_Blue_Rogue
10-13-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Googi
Aside from a reset, what are they?

Nothing. That's just an excuse to try and calm people down.

Googi
10-13-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Vyse_the_Blue_Rogue

Nothing. That's just an excuse to try and calm people down.

I doubt it, it's making people less-calm if anything.

zell12
10-13-2002, 10:16 PM
reset....what...???

AlexH
10-13-2002, 10:18 PM
The changes Koni has been talking about for 2k1

Proxy
10-13-2002, 10:20 PM
Wasn't there talk of re-vamping the server in addition to a reset?

Googi
10-13-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Proxy
Wasn't there talk of re-vamping the server in addition to a reset?

Yes, and I want to know what the re-vamping part consists of.

SaitoHajime
10-14-2002, 02:23 AM

Yes, and I want to know what the re-vamping part consists of.

DarkHero
10-14-2002, 03:56 AM
I have mixed feeling for the reset, like yea it would be cool that we all start at the beginning as a nooobie so its fair, but i dont wanna earn all that crap all over again..lol

Googi
10-14-2002, 04:00 AM
Well, I don't mind the reset that much, so long as it happens after the costume contest (I and other people are going to need our hats for it), which Koni assured me it will.

However, I am worried about these changes. Last time Staff left the players out of "changes" we got smacked in the face with a crappy HP system, which is still bugged :\ (Atleast for bomys)

ZanderX
10-14-2002, 04:03 AM
I suppose it couldn't hurt.

The old bodies are being totally redone (You should see them :D) for more functionality and possibilities and nice-looking-ness.

The old kingdom lands are being removed and reworked so as to provide more area for different things and new interesting jobs. For instance, Samurai is going to be completely bulldozed and replaced with tons more farmland for different kinds of farming jobs (which will be more creative; I promise :).

Dustari walls and other such things will be bulldozed so that the entire place can become a very nice, high class town. PH/villa town that is. :)

There'll be new quests made and non-button-repetetive jobs...

That's all I'll say for now. :)

ZanderX
10-14-2002, 04:04 AM

Last time Staff left the players out of "changes" we got smacked in the face with a crappy HP system, which is still bugged :\ (Atleast for bomys)

No, that was Stefan.

Don't blame us for stuff that we didn't do, jerk.

Googi
10-14-2002, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

No, that was Stefan.

Don't blame us for stuff that we didn't do, jerk.

Uhh...They you can't get any staffier then Stefan.

ZanderX
10-14-2002, 04:16 AM

Uhh...They you can't get any staffier then Stefan.

You said "Staff" like it was a reference to the current team.

Considering the HP System was done by Stefan and Stefan alone (who is not a frequent visitor to 2k1, obviously), you should say

Last time the players were left out of "changes" we got smacked in the face with a crappy HP system, which is still bugged (Atleast for bomys)

Googi
10-14-2002, 04:36 AM

(who is not a frequent visitor to 2k1, obviously)

Uhh...neither are you.

ZanderX
10-14-2002, 04:41 AM

Uhh...neither are you.

Yes? So?

Unlike Stefan, I still direct things, I'm in almost constant contact with varying staff. And I've been on more in the past few days anyways.

Torankusu
10-14-2002, 04:58 AM
So?
Contact or not, visiting and seeing how it's doing is often more efficient than hearing the status by "word of mouth."

konidias
10-14-2002, 05:03 AM
http://konidias.homestead.com/files/2k1bodies.gif

Example of new bodies for 2k1. Those bodies are not single graphics, they are composed of about 8-10 gani attributes. This means that there will no longer be "setbody". Now clothing will be items.

2k1 gameplay will lean more towards action/adventure. Meaning fast paced fighting for funner sparring, and a more balanced system. Kingdoms will be removed. However, as Kamuii stated, many new things will replace them.

Bomy players will no longer exist (sorry guys) But Bomy pets will be enhanced to have the old style (being able to make commands for them) with a mix of new (being able to feed and ride them) The bomy players are removed because it's too much trouble having to make everything work for both bomy and human, plus there will be complaints from people that bomy players are ruining an event, or there isn't enough things for bomy players to do, etc.

I want to make the revised 2k1 FUN to play, and not make it feel like work. I also want to make it more of a game that you can casually play, instead of having to play 5 hours a day just to keep up with other players. There will also be events held for REAL prizes, these prizes are things like actual money and online time. :)

Just a small summary of some of the things that will take place in this reconstruction.

ZanderX
10-14-2002, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
Contact or not, visiting and seeing how it's doing is often more efficient than hearing the status by "word of mouth."

I don't need to hear status considering I get enough of it from reading the forums and daily reports by staff.

If you want to criticize me, go ahead, I just won't read your posts. :)

Dude6252000
10-14-2002, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by konidias
Those bodies you talk about, would that mean I'd need to remake about, all the ganis on the server? x_x I might hafta hire gani team soon to help.

magicbud3344
10-14-2002, 05:27 AM

<333333333
THEY LOOK AWSOME!, I hope they get the super fast slashing part back too :P

SaitoHajime
10-14-2002, 05:32 AM
I doubt that geno.

But I love the bodies.

Waltz5
10-14-2002, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by SaitoHajime
I doubt that geno.

But I love the bodies.
I have to agree with you :).

Lyndzey
10-14-2002, 05:48 AM

Example of new bodies for 2k1. Those bodies are not single graphics, they are composed of about 8-10 gani attributes. This means that there will no longer be "setbody". Now clothing will be items.

2k1 gameplay will lean more towards action/adventure. Meaning fast paced fighting for funner sparring, and a more balanced system. Kingdoms will be removed. However, as Kamuii stated, many new things will replace them.

Bomy players will no longer exist (sorry guys) But Bomy pets will be enhanced to have the old style (being able to make commands for them) with a mix of new (being able to feed and ride them) The bomy players are removed because it's too much trouble having to make everything work for both bomy and human, plus there will be complaints from people that bomy players are ruining an event, or there isn't enough things for bomy players to do, etc.

I want to make the revised 2k1 FUN to play, and not make it feel like work. I also want to make it more of a game that you can casually play, instead of having to play 5 hours a day just to keep up with other players. There will also be events held for REAL prizes, these prizes are things like actual money and online time. :)

Just a small summary of some of the things that will take place in this reconstruction.

I might start to play here again.

What will the female bodies look like?

Jeff
10-14-2002, 05:53 AM
Koni:

I also suggest that you add a neck-hanging attribute if you haven't already, for necklaces and cameras et cetera.

Googi
10-14-2002, 06:38 AM
Bomy players will no longer exist

I want to make the revised 2k1 FUN to play

Congratulations Koni, you are hereby pronounced KING of contridiction.

This is beyond damage I ever thought Kamuii could cause.

Of course, I'll have to tell Antago, perhaps he can convince Stefan otherwise...

ZanderX
10-14-2002, 06:57 AM

Congratulations Koni, you are hereby pronounced KING of contridiction.

This is beyond damage I ever thought Kamuii could cause.

Of course, I'll have to tell Antago, perhaps he can convince Stefan otherwise...

There's no fun in having nothing to do, and nothing will be made for bomy players anymore.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
10-14-2002, 07:00 AM
The bodies look excellent, but it's a shame that there won't be much role-playing going on.

There are some people that like to role-play, but for some reason, 2k2 is not their style. Those bodies would suit the purpose almost perfectly, plus maybe we can have a variation of the generic "medieval role-playing fantasy" RP to maybe something fresh, and new.

--Chris--
10-14-2002, 07:02 AM
i am for the reset but i like the bodies we are using now =/ i mean i want my character to still look like this (directs attention to the attached image thats 5kb)

Judge_Spunky
10-14-2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by --Chris--
i am for the reset but i like the bodies we are using now =/ i mean i want my character to still look like this (directs attention to the attached image thats 5kb)

That horse seems a tad too small for your player.

AlexH
10-14-2002, 07:09 AM
<snip>

Firstly bodies look great.
I like the way everything is gani attr, makes them much more customizeable.

No more bomy players. :(
Although it should allow more time and effort into making more things for human players to do so in turn more updates should heppen.

No more D smashing jobs, *joy*.

Why would you want online time as a prize? :confused:

Originally posted by Judge_Spunky

That horse seems a tad too small for your player.

Maybe it's a pony?

konidias
10-14-2002, 07:36 AM
The female bodies will *not* be wearing dresses as standard. Since clothing is seperate now, the female body will have, dare I say it, LEGS. :D

Online time as prize, I meant like upgraded hours added on to your account.

Yes, Kamuii and Alex are right, there would be absolutely nothing new for bomy players, and I would never hear the end of it. :| It's a lot easier catering to one race than two.

Also, the "super fast slashing" will come back, as I do remember saying that battles would be fast-paced. ;) I want exciting spars like I used to have on classic, and not having to hit someone 5 dozen times to kill them, and also not swinging one time per 2 seconds or something. :p

AlexH
10-14-2002, 07:44 AM
Ah now that would encourage people to take part in events if their account time was going to go up a day or two.
Hopefully it all worlks out well.
Idea sounds great, hopefully it is put to good use.

magicbud3344
10-14-2002, 08:08 AM
i am confused....does that mean events team people would be able to add account time to others accounts x.x?
also YEY SUPER FAST SLASHING ROX :D!

AlexH
10-14-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by magicbud3344
i am confused....does that mean events team people would be able to add account time to others accounts x.x?

I really doubt that.
It will probally have to go through Koni.
And they will definetly need to get Stefan/Unix approval if they haven't already.

Googi
10-14-2002, 08:57 AM
Yes, Kamuii and Alex are right, there would be absolutely nothing new for bomy players, and I would never hear the end of it. :| It's a lot easier catering to one race than two.

Then sign control over Bomys to Gonmon.

konidias
10-14-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by magicbud3344

I don't think events team will even be the same since events will be held in a much more organized manner. Events could go one of two ways:

1) Me/Unix/Stefan/GM/Manager will hold official events during the week and most/all events will be playable without help of staff.

2) Events team will hold events, but must follow new rules such as logging each event they hold, the winner(s) of the event, and the prize they gave away.

Also, no I don't think Events Team would have the power to give the real prizes. Unixmad is setting up some neat point system where you can earn/win points and then use those points like virtual money to get real money or added hours.

HoudiniMan
10-14-2002, 10:06 AM

Unixmad is setting up some neat point system where you can earn/win points and then use those points like virtual money to get real money or added hours.

Point system = good.
Saving points to redeem for stuff = good.
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ONLINE TIME CRAP?!

It might just be me but #1 online time is to show how long you've played the server, not how many events you've won.

Secondly, there would be no point short of being able to do something once you get X many hours... I could see that being an enjoyable thing to do like getting a certain new ability after the 100 hour mark, but give me a freakin break! all this will do is skyrocket the number of people using macros to stay connected all night while they sleep.

I approve of the awards part and the getting stuff for time part, however, at least include a "true" online hours thing so that ****s who won 200 events don't get hired over somebody who's been playing for 2 years or whatever :\

I say you have the points, award can be *levels* instead of hours. every hour you get 1 level, or some fraction of a level, simple. then you can win "bonus time" to get more levels. But this way it still maintains the online time as a standard for comparison and a general knowledge of not what you've won in the game, but how long you've really spent there.

</plead>

ZanderX
10-14-2002, 10:07 AM

Then sign control over Bomys to Gonmon.

Gonmon doesn't want Bomys nor play Graal.

He quit 2k1 a long time ago. He's incompetent.

ZanderX
10-14-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by HoudiniMan

Point system = good.
Saving points to redeem for stuff = good.
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ONLINE TIME CRAP?!

It might just be me but #1 online time is to show how long you've played the server, not how many events you've won.

Secondly, there would be no point short of being able to do something once you get X many hours... I could see that being an enjoyable thing to do like getting a certain new ability after the 100 hour mark, but give me a freakin break! all this will do is skyrocket the number of people using macros to stay connected all night while they sleep.

I approve of the awards part and the getting stuff for time part, however, at least include a "true" online hours thing so that ****s who won 200 events don't get hired over somebody who's been playing for 2 years or whatever :\

I say you have the points, award can be *levels* instead of hours. every hour you get 1 level, simple. but it still maintains the online time as a standard for comparison and a general knowledge not of what you've won in the game, but how long you've really spent there.

</rant>
</hope>
</point>

If you read up earlier he meant time to your account.

As in, get 12 or 24 or 2 days added to your account. As in, until it expires.

HoudiniMan
10-14-2002, 10:11 AM
Well, now i feel just a little bit stupid :D

I still think it's a valid point. NEVER DO THAT K?!

Soto
10-14-2002, 12:58 PM
when will all this be done?

Kuza
10-14-2002, 01:22 PM
this is truly excellent work. kudos to you, Graal2001 Team.

Jeff
10-14-2002, 09:29 PM
Events for subscription extension = drawing the 2k2 crowd to newmain in hopes of some slim chance of getting the extension = GOOD!

Googi
10-14-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Jeff
Events for subscription extension = drawing the 2k2 crowd to newmain in hopes of some slim chance of getting the extension = GOOD!

Not really, since similar events will probably be added to 2K2 aswell.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
10-14-2002, 11:43 PM
Its kind of odd if you ask me.

Konidias wants to turn Graal 2001 into an adventure server. I'm alright with that, except it's not really an adventure server when you go "omg come play counter strike for 30 gralat, and a free hat!" That would be the same old 2k1 we've seen for a while. I'm leaning towards the possibility that there will probably be a reset and a total overworld revamp.

When I think of anadventure server, I think of some form of role-playing (like you can't go around and be some ghetto thug or something silly like that), you'd have to be a Knight or something, and the events that would be held might be real time, such as "three hikers have been caught high up on the Bomy Moon mountain, and are surrounded by the vicious alien bomys. Organize a small party and free them if you can!" type of thing. I would like that a lot, but I still want an element of role-playing involved which konidias does not seem to be in favor of.

konidias
10-15-2002, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
Its kind of odd if you ask me.

Konidias wants to turn Graal 2001 into an adventure server. I'm alright with that, except it's not really an adventure server when you go "omg come play counter strike for 30 gralat, and a free hat!" That would be the same old 2k1 we've seen for a while. I'm leaning towards the possibility that there will probably be a reset and a total overworld revamp.

When I think of anadventure server, I think of some form of role-playing (like you can't go around and be some ghetto thug or something silly like that), you'd have to be a Knight or something, and the events that would be held might be real time, such as "three hikers have been caught high up on the Bomy Moon mountain, and are surrounded by the vicious alien bomys. Organize a small party and free them if you can!" type of thing. I would like that a lot, but I still want an element of role-playing involved which konidias does not seem to be in favor of.

There won't be a "counterstrike". Most of the events are being changed. (for the better) You have to keep an open mind about this, because you can't make assumptions that certain things will change, and certain things will stay the same.

Aftershock, your definition of roleplaying isn't really accurate. Roleplaying doesn't even have to involve "knights and dragons and kingdoms" stuff. What you described is basically "adventure". There could easily be "adventure events" where a GM makes a miniquest for people to try and finish.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
10-15-2002, 01:10 AM
Traditional role-playing is in a fantasy atmosphere, but I said that I was perfectly fine with something new. Maybe in the imperialist age or somrthing.

I am keeping an open mind about this, I'm looking forward to the changes, because if I wasn't, I wouldn't give a damn about what was going on with graal 2001.

Frankie_Shakur
10-15-2002, 01:31 AM
When you think Role Playing, you usually think Knights and Dragons and quests.

However, role playing could be some thugs robbing a bank.

CheeToS2
10-15-2002, 07:09 AM
Hmm, I got bored, so I made a gani with those new bodies koni posted ^_^
I'm assuming koni means it would be like this, except.. instead of having all the stuff on one file like i did (just as an example of a certain suit) there would be like.. jacket###.png, coat###.png, shoes###.png, head###.png, shield###.png, body###.png, and belt###.png :o

and instead of showing the exact images, itd use #P(#), blah, I hope you get what I mean, and I hope I get what koni means :P
here :o

Vyse_the_Blue_Rogue
10-15-2002, 08:16 AM
Ah..I haven't read this topic in a while. time to post.

1. The bodies look l33333t.
2. it sounds nice, and more fun..but..

A) the hats should stay, just not become something so important. They should be extras, just like they were originally intended to be. We should all have all-hat npc or something. Hats really do add to character, so they should stay. If you had to pay for hats, I'd say not make them cost very much, hats should not be the main thing going on in the market, just one of the many things.

B) KEEP BOMYS.
Googi's gone over this already, though.

C) I don't like ub3r-fast slashing. It feels like it takes less skill, to me. But then, I've never liked it because I suck with it..oh well, I'll never again win a spar contest :(
but that was a selfish reason.

D) KEEP HATS FOR THE WUB OF GOD (I like hat 24 k k)

E) I still say this should be a whole new server..keep the old 2k1..there WILL be those who prefer old 2k1. If just for the fact that it's more like a themepark than a time taking thing.

--Chris--
10-15-2002, 09:57 AM
i think hats should remain the way they are.....i just want my brown cowboy!

Googi
10-15-2002, 10:09 AM
Implement a tail accessory }:-)

AlexH
10-15-2002, 10:15 AM
Hats should stay yes.
But everyone should be able to get them all or they have to be made and anyone can make any hat they want with the proper materials.
We don't want them limited.
That's what kills the econemy.

Googi
10-15-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by AlexH
Hats should stay yes.
But everyone should be able to get them all or they have to be made and anyone can make any hat they want with the proper materials.
We don't want them limited.
That's what kills the econemy.

No, the economy was in perfect condition last year (When, like, 131 people would log on for a hat restock), and hats were limited.

Keeping hats limited is GOOD for the economy.

--Chris--
10-15-2002, 11:07 AM
i agree with googi

Jeff
10-15-2002, 09:20 PM
I also agree entirely with Googi.

Hats, not gralats, are the centerpiece of the economy.

Remember how post-WWI Germany tried to help its economy by issuing lots of paper money? Remember how a wheelbarrow of marks could barely buy a loaf of bread?

Same principle holds on Graal. Too many hats, hats become worthless.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
10-16-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Jeff
I also agree entirely with Googi.

Hats, not gralats, are the centerpiece of the economy.

Remember how post-WWI Germany tried to help its economy by issuing lots of paper money? Remember how a wheelbarrow of marks could barely buy a loaf of bread?

Same principle holds on Graal. Too many hats, hats become worthless.

WEIMAR GERMANY
It was cheaper to burn money for your stove then to buy wood for it

Vyse_the_Blue_Rogue
10-16-2002, 02:45 AM

No, the economy was in perfect condition last year (When, like, 131 people would log on for a hat restock), and hats were limited.

Keeping hats limited is GOOD for the economy.

Ok, a limited number of hats, but I hats shouldn't be the main thing in the economy. Also, ALL hats should still stay. The more types of hats, the better, while the MORE hats may not be so.