PDA

View Full Version : Graal2001


Loriel
10-09-2002, 11:47 PM
... is in a terrible shape. While there is almost nothing to do for someone who spent a minimum amount of time on getting items or a decent amount of money, all the map is filled with kinda useless stuff.
I am pretty clueless how to improve the situation of Graal2001. Just resetting the economy will not do it, because the economy is not the main problem. Also, it will just take a few months to grow back to what it was before.
One of my favourite elemements of Graal2001, roleplaying, was removed, and will not be easy to bring back.

I think we need a lot of input from everybody to get good ideas how to deal with this "mess".

Shiftk03-
10-10-2002, 01:17 AM
Yes, please...We are desperate here, I'm running very low on ideas and could use some player input..

--Chris--
10-10-2002, 01:30 AM
i say revamp it and give it a reset XD
alot of people may leave after a reset but then again, i know alot that would stay considering it would be like an all new server but with the same elements. work on the new name (i like graal fun park) and let the name suit! try making alot of event locations instead of having trees all over the map...a few more quest would be nice, but not for hp though =/ like maybe for the fireball and stuff instead of having that corny safari thing. i would love to see the jobs more advanced like being able to farm corn, potatoes etc instead of just apples. also, bring back RPing but at a more basic level than 2k2 so it won't eleminate the entire 2k2 theme. zormite forever! hm...adding another race would be cool too instead of just bomies and humans, maybe like an ogre thing that loses hp in water or a zormite race or somethin...i would help out in w/e way possible if u want XD

Googi
10-10-2002, 03:21 AM
Stefan said no reset.

When Stefan says no, it's not going to happen.

If god comes down and tells Kamuii to reset the server, and Stefan says no, it still isn't going to happen.

Proxy
10-10-2002, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Googi
Stefan said no reset.

When Stefan says no, it's not going to happen.

If god comes down and tells Kamuii to reset the server, and Stefan says no, it still isn't going to happen.

Um everyone knows God will be like "wtf" and smack Stefan until he has a change of mind.
;)

But what are the chances God's gonna tell Kamoo to reset the server?

ZanderX
10-10-2002, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Googi
Stefan said no reset.

When Stefan says no, it's not going to happen.

If god comes down and tells Kamuii to reset the server, and Stefan says no, it still isn't going to happen.

Koni said reset. *shrug*

Proxy
10-10-2002, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Shiftk03-
Yes, please...We are desperate here, I'm running very low on ideas and could use some player input..


This is very vague because I don't know how to word it exactly... but...

more player - server interactivity...

(RP was player interactive for example, though very controlled)

I actually like the idea of the revival of RP... but we need other things, also.

DarkHero
10-10-2002, 05:30 AM
mkan i was all happy i got my p2p back and everything, then i started out...i was like...god i dont wanna get the sword again, or do all those quests AGAIN..so ...thats my input

Googi
10-10-2002, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX


Koni said reset. *shrug*

Then what're you waiting for?

AlexH
10-10-2002, 05:40 AM
Stefan say > Koni say.

Googi
10-10-2002, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by AlexH
Stefan say > Koni say.

So you're saying...

Either reset happens, Kamuii isn't fired.

Or Stefan restores an old 2K1 backup, Kamuii is fired.

Can you say "win-win"?

Androk2k1
10-10-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by --Chris--
i say revamp it and give it a reset XD
alot of people may leave after a reset but then again, i know alot that would stay considering it would be like an all new server but with the same elements.
Excuse me, but there aren't any people TO leave.

Waltz5
10-10-2002, 08:28 AM
As being someone who used to play 2001 non stop for about a year, I've found my online time tapering off. A reset would be great of course, I'd have a reason to play. Roleplaying would intice me to play too.

Or what about simply opening up some new areas in the trees? Or maybe like a new overworld in addition to this one? Or someplace added on (sorta like UG Lake.) It's a tough call, but I think they should bring back RPing first, it won't take much work and what can it hurt? Make RPing more laxed though, but still active, and include Zalactics :p.

SaitoHajime
10-10-2002, 09:53 AM
Kamuii/Rabid, You guys said you were trying to get in contact with Vermain. Did that ever work? If not, make Jeff and I in charge of setting up new kingdoms on 2k1. We can get it done, and done well.

Zurkiba
10-10-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Loriel
... is in a terrible shape. While there is almost nothing to do for someone who spent a minimum amount of time on getting items or a decent amount of money, all the map is filled with kinda useless stuff.
I am pretty clueless how to improve the situation of Graal2001. Just resetting the economy will not do it, because the economy is not the main problem. Also, it will just take a few months to grow back to what it was before.
One of my favourite elemements of Graal2001, roleplaying, was removed, and will not be easy to bring back.

I think we need a lot of input from everybody to get good ideas how to deal with this "mess".
Two things

PLOT
and
QUESTS

Googi
10-10-2002, 09:57 AM
I fail to see how they could find it difficult to contact Vermain.

Proxy
10-10-2002, 10:36 AM
Rabid said he got in contact with Vermain and that he'd return to begin development on kingdoms about a week or so ago...

Torankusu
10-10-2002, 11:04 AM
8 months ago my posts were ignored.

I'll help when I feel I have the time.

zell12
10-10-2002, 05:49 PM
If i'm not mistaken, Graal2001 is going to be the Game Center of Grawl. So make it like that. Give more quests, little rping, and lots of Events and Mini-games.

Loriel
10-10-2002, 06:37 PM
If Graal2001 is going to be a game park, I think I want to create a seperate server that is based on the G2k1 concept. With bomies, but not bomy players... more advanced kingdoms... magic... useful items... woah.

--Chris--
10-10-2002, 07:01 PM
if thats the case androk then no harm done ;) but i see an average of 20 players. too many quest would suck, so would a plot. as for vermain.....from what i remember he was really unfair as a kingdoms admin...booo to vermain! tseng for kingdoms admin!

konidias
10-10-2002, 07:48 PM
2k1 will probably get a reset... but I'm not resetting it NOW. It would be reset when things on 2k1 have changed.

I don't plan on Roleplaying being a part of 2k1. Why? Because that is what 2k2 is all about. Sure you can do some mild rping, but not like "sir camelot, knight of the triangle table hath avenged the king!"

I want to make 2k1 into more of an adventure server. Think Zelda, with less medieval influence. 2k1 should be simple, fun to play, and friendly. All the current jobs would be changed. No more button mashing jobs. And of course, the economy would be rebuilt.

If there was a reset I would imagine EVERYTHING would be reset. Hats, bomies, items, money, houses, everything. Because there is no possible way to allow players to keep it all. Not to mention it wouldn't change the economy at all if certain players got unfair advantages at start just because they owned a bomy or house or something.

SaitoHajime
10-10-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by konidias
2k1 will probably get a reset... but I'm not resetting it NOW. It would be reset when things on 2k1 have changed.

I don't plan on Roleplaying being a part of 2k1. Why? Because that is what 2k2 is all about. Sure you can do some mild rping, but not like "sir camelot, knight of the triangle table hath avenged the king!"

I want to make 2k1 into more of an adventure server. Think Zelda, with less medieval influence. 2k1 should be simple, fun to play, and friendly. All the current jobs would be changed. No more button mashing jobs. And of course, the economy would be rebuilt.

If there was a reset I would imagine EVERYTHING would be reset. Hats, bomies, items, money, houses, everything. Because there is no possible way to allow players to keep it all. Not to mention it wouldn't change the economy at all if certain players got unfair advantages at start just because they owned a bomy or house or something.

I ask this question:
Didn't unixmad say basic rping/kingdoms would be a part of 2k1?

Other than that, your plan sounds just fine, except for the reset. The few "oldbies" who would "come back" to the server because it was "reset" is far dwarfed by the amount of people who would leave because it was reset, who saw months and months of their life and work vanish. I wouldn't leave, but I would really, really have a problem with this reset.

Though I am staff at g2k1, I also have spent a large part of time playing the game, and I don't wanna see all my work be for nothing. You speak of "unfair advantages", but if you look at the other side of the coin, you can see that this reset would give every single newbie as well as every single person who didn't work at all an "unfair advantage" over those who have spent their time working and have acquired money, items, a bomy, a house, etc.

Proxy
10-10-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by SaitoHajime


I ask this question:
Didn't unixmad say basic rping/kingdoms would be a part of 2k1?

Other than that, your plan sounds just fine, except for the reset. The few "oldbies" who would "come back" to the server because it was "reset" is far dwarfed by the amount of people who would leave because it was reset, who saw months and months of their life and work vanish. I wouldn't leave, but I would really, really have a problem with this reset.

Though I am staff at g2k1, I also have spent a large part of time playing the game, and I don't wanna see all my work be for nothing. You speak of "unfair advantages", but if you look at the other side of the coin, you can see that this reset would give every single newbie as well as every single person who didn't work at all an "unfair advantage" over those who have spent their time working and have acquired money, items, a bomy, a house, etc.


I would also have a problem with playing anymore, personally, a reset would bore me, chances are I wouldn't quit, but over the past year I've done lots of hard work getting hats and dolls, as have many others I know.

The majority of people playing 2K1 now are atleast Midbies, with several hats and dolls and online time, they might perhaps quit if they were reset.

And yes, it would be unfair that someone didn't work and didn't collect hats and was never even on, to be reset as well as to reset the person that had worked for hours gaining hats and money and accumulating their online time.

Googi
10-10-2002, 11:36 PM
If you were reset, I don't think kills/deaths/onlinetime could be reset, because they aren't flags/strings.

Loriel
10-10-2002, 11:46 PM
Stefan could just kill the whole database though :p

DragonX
10-11-2002, 01:45 AM
I was an avid player (used to play all the time and many people can vouch) until one day where the NPC Server acted up and reset about 30 people or so, a total reset, our hours, everything, was gone. That's why I quit Graal 2001. Alkaren posted a thread where we can post our account to get restored, did that ever happen? No. It's been about 3 months now since the incident and have we been restored? No. That's why I stopped playing all together, I worked for a LOOONG time for my stuff, I didn't scam people, I kept to myself. Then bam, I get on, then when I get off I am reset. That's why I moved to 2k2 because I KNOW that if something wrong happens, it can be fixed quickly unlike 2k1.

--Chris--
10-11-2002, 02:00 AM
1) whether they started working now or after a reset it would be as if they just started.
2)there isn't much people left to quit e_e
3)more would come back
4)if u have so much (i got alot too) u should love a reset...things are too boring now. besides its not like u lose if everyone else is reset also.
5)bomys and houses should also be reset otherwise u would just own them forever since everyone would be poor and people that barely play would have bomys on their account.
6)dragonx...i hope u know 2k2 is going to have 2 or more resets before the final release. one already took place. the other would be on the beta and the last would be at the end of beta testing. (or so i believe)

Birdbird_0
10-11-2002, 02:01 AM
I miss the fun times on 2k1 :(

The best were from last october to febuary.

DragonX
10-11-2002, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by --Chris--

6)dragonx...i hope u know 2k2 is going to have 2 or more resets before the final release. one already took place. the other would be on the beta and the last would be at the end of beta testing. (or so i believe)

I hope you know it isn't.
Unixmad already said that 2k2 was NOT going to be reset, and Stefan said it himself also, so :p on you!

ZanderX
10-11-2002, 03:11 AM
Dragon: Don't criticize us (2k1 staff) for something that was supposed to be done by unixmad. Take it up with him and stop whining about things we're not responsible for.

Torankusu
10-11-2002, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by DragonX
I was an avid player (used to play all the time and many people can vouch) until one day where the NPC Server acted up and reset about 30 people or so, a total reset, our hours, everything, was gone. That's why I quit Graal 2001. Alkaren posted a thread where we can post our account to get restored, did that ever happen? No. It's been about 3 months now since the incident and have we been restored? No. That's why I stopped playing all together, I worked for a LOOONG time for my stuff, I didn't scam people, I kept to myself. Then bam, I get on, then when I get off I am reset. That's why I moved to 2k2 because I KNOW that if something wrong happens, it can be fixed quickly unlike 2k1. ...
Hey, you do know 2k2 was the cause of those account resets, right?

ZanderX
10-11-2002, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
...
Hey, you do know 2k2 was the cause of those account resets, right?

haha owned by toranasaurus.

Googi
10-11-2002, 03:41 AM
How difficult is it to restore someone's account anyways?

Kuza
10-11-2002, 03:43 AM
listen up and listen good, people. graal2001 use to be the best server and a lot of played it, there would be forum disputes and all kinds of good stuff. even hearing about someone getting scammed was fun... back then.

like i've said a million times. revamp the whole world map and give the players NEW content to mess around with. why would someone want to come back to the same server they just got all their previous items reset on? it wouldn't be logical, not at all. if there were new quests, games, events, and gameplay that interested the players word would spread fast enough for people to begin playing g2k1 again.

now, some people are argueing over the old world. you could choose from the two different worlds, maybe? Old G2k1 or something, perhaps use a warp ring or come up with some catchy plot to inform the players of the lost years. heck if i know, you could come up with something!

g2k1 was about collecting valuables and having fun during the process. it was player-driven to an extent and you needed money to survive the server's constant money consuming features. events were one of the few free things you could have, besides the free hats, here and there.

if we got down to the roots of graal; pking, questing, and making friends... we could bring back graal2001's spirit and perhaps some old players. vote kasuagi for graal2001 advisor! mwuahaha, just kidding.

Googi
10-11-2002, 03:47 AM
I don't think 2K1 needs an advisor, perhaps Kamuii does, since it seems he doesn't know much about what's happening on 2K1, but I don't think the rest of the staff do...

magicbud3344
10-11-2002, 03:54 AM
i think all 2k1 needs is lots of pie :O
like pie men and pie suits and pie cars.

Torankusu
10-11-2002, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by magicbud3344
i think all 2k1 needs is lots of pie :O
like pie men and pie suits and pie cars. i like the way you think.

Griffyn
10-11-2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Googi
I don't think 2K1 needs an advisor, perhaps Kamuii does, since it seems he doesn't know much about what's happening on 2K1, but I don't think the rest of the staff do...
Oh, and your the man for the job? Get bent.

Gangster88
10-11-2002, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by SaitoHajime


I ask this question:
Didn't unixmad say basic rping/kingdoms would be a part of 2k1?

Other than that, your plan sounds just fine, except for the reset. The few "oldbies" who would "come back" to the server because it was "reset" is far dwarfed by the amount of people who would leave because it was reset, who saw months and months of their life and work vanish. I wouldn't leave, but I would really, really have a problem with this reset.

Though I am staff at g2k1, I also have spent a large part of time playing the game, and I don't wanna see all my work be for nothing. You speak of "unfair advantages", but if you look at the other side of the coin, you can see that this reset would give every single newbie as well as every single person who didn't work at all an "unfair advantage" over those who have spent their time working and have acquired money, items, a bomy, a house, etc.
I like totally agree with you i would lose my 65k and villa and bomy:|, but than again o well if the reset happens, i would still play :)

Sparkplug
10-11-2002, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by DragonX
I was an avid player (used to play all the time and many people can vouch) until one day where the NPC Server acted up and reset about 30 people or so, a total reset, our hours, everything, was gone. That's why I quit Graal 2001. Alkaren posted a thread where we can post our account to get restored, did that ever happen? No. It's been about 3 months now since the incident and have we been restored? No. That's why I stopped playing all together, I worked for a LOOONG time for my stuff, I didn't scam people, I kept to myself. Then bam, I get on, then when I get off I am reset. That's why I moved to 2k2 because I KNOW that if something wrong happens, it can be fixed quickly unlike 2k1. I havent got restored eather but it wasn't the 2k1 staff problem.. :(

DragonX
10-11-2002, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Sparkplug
I havent got restored eather but it wasn't the 2k1 staff problem.. :(

I know it wasn't their problem but Alkaren posted a thread supposedly where the players were being restored but nothing ever happened. What I am insinuating (sp?) is that if Graal2001 is reset I MIGHT start playing again but not until then.

Torankusu
10-11-2002, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
...
Hey, you do know 2k2 was the cause of those account resets, right?

^^^

DragonX
10-11-2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu


^^^

Wrong, Alkaren said (and Stefan said he was right) that some files were filling up a folder or something and so the overflow caused some accounts to be reset or something, it had nothing to do with 2k2.

Torankusu
10-11-2002, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by DragonX


Wrong, Alkaren said (and Stefan said he was right) that some files were filling up a folder or something and so the overflow caused some accounts to be reset or something, it had nothing to do with 2k2. You are aware those files were files for 2k2, aren't you?

THUS, it's 2k2's fault.

Amagius
10-11-2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
You are aware those files were files for 2k2, aren't you?

THUS, it's 2k2's fault.

It amazes me when it takes people this long to figure something out.

magicbud3344
10-11-2002, 07:31 AM
i think taht 2k1 needs leet NPCs that you get for winning hard events, that would be awsome
maybe one of the events would be the first person to cary a pie to me gets a super cool leet secret NPC, i would liek that, i would like that alot

Torankusu
10-11-2002, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by magicbud3344
i think taht 2k1 needs leet NPCs that you get for winning hard events, that would be awsome
maybe one of the events would be the first person to cary a pie to me gets a super cool leet secret NPC, i would liek that, i would like that alot geno u r a the man!!21

R0bin
10-11-2002, 08:00 AM
make 2001 big events world, k?!

Googi
10-11-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Griffyn

Oh, and your the man for the job? Get bent.

No, clearly Rabid is the man for the job, since he probably does that already.

magicbud3344
10-11-2002, 09:40 AM
i mean that would be really cool if you were like in a BIG liek maybe 30 minuet event tehn you get to pick like a hmmmm
PIE THORWING NPC or hmmmm a Levitaion NPC?
btw i made graphics for throwing pie ^^
in 4 diffrent flavors!
Peach/Blueberry/cherry/lemon

edit: DIZHAM MY SPELLORINGS ROX

Googi
10-11-2002, 10:01 AM
Pie is vastly overated on Graal.

magicbud3344
10-11-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Googi
Pie is vastly overated on Graal.

LIER >:[