PDA

View Full Version : Sharing of forum accounts is illegal but what about...

Googi
10-07-2002, 04:37 AM
Sharing of in-game accounts.

AlexH
10-07-2002, 04:39 AM
If sharing a fourm account is illegal I'm pretty sure sharing an in-game account is too.

zell12
10-07-2002, 04:43 AM
Nem told me only p2p accounts.

Frankie_Shakur
10-07-2002, 04:44 AM
Ya Neonigt and I learned that the hard way...:(
goodbye EA position
goodbye FAQ position
goodbye Police as well

I lost it all :(
Oh well, I dont even care anymore

Lyndzey
10-07-2002, 05:19 AM
Um way too many people share accounts already.

It's impossible for us to tell everyone that it's illegal, way too many people will get away with it.

Kuza
10-07-2002, 05:33 AM
i think this whole sharing account business is being blowed way out of proportion. it's sickening. *sobs*

ZanderX
10-07-2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Kuza
i think this whole sharing account business is being blowed way out of proportion. it's sickening. *sobs*

blown.

Frankie_Shakur
10-07-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

blown.
Don't mind him. He's from Kentucky. I'm surprised he didn't say
"That there ee-kount shorin had gotten way blewed outta preeporshun with a boomstick i reckon"

Androk2k1
10-07-2002, 06:54 AM
Uh, yeah... the guy's right, though.

ZanderX
10-07-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Androk2k1
Uh, yeah... the guy's right, though.

All we're doing is taking a more active stance on rules that have been here for over a year.

konidias
10-07-2002, 10:19 AM
Sharing accounts is making Graal lose lots of money. It isn't like we are losing players that are actually paying to help out anyway. Buy an account, use it by yourself, and there is no problems.

XxxxneosoftxxxX
10-07-2002, 10:26 AM
who cares?

Torankusu
10-07-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Frankie_Shakur
goodbye EA position
goodbye FAQ position
goodbye Police as well

Oh well, I dont even care anymore What happened?

CheeToS2
10-07-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Torankusu
What happened?

Neonight was wearing his tags, you can probably figure out the rest :|

Zurkiba
10-07-2002, 07:54 PM
goodbye EA position
goodbye FAQ position
goodbye Police as well

Oh well, I dont even care anymore
Well that's a staff rule... and common sense. It's been a rule like ever since the start of Graal, You cant share your account if you're staff.

Darlene159
10-07-2002, 08:12 PM
When someone who counts says "you have to ban accounts that are shared" then I will inforce it. By that I mean, when Unixmad posts a thread, not until then.
I'm not going on assumptions

Googi
10-07-2002, 11:00 PM
Thanks, just wanted to see if it was legal or not.

No, you don't have to worry, I'm not sharing an account, I was going to if it was legal though.

Frankie_Shakur
10-07-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

Well that's a staff rule... and common sense. It's been a rule like ever since the start of Graal, You cant share your account if you're staff.
He knew the password when i was just police... he was police also on his old account so i said sure why not

Kuza
10-08-2002, 01:35 AM

"That there ee-kount shorin had gotten way blewed outta preeporshun with a boomstick i reckon"

and now, you die by death of a pitchfork. it's the new hip thing to act like you are from kentucky.

duh. this is the 21st century, people. get with the program already, before you get BLOWED away.

Lyndzey
10-08-2002, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Darlene159
When someone who counts says "you have to ban accounts that are shared" then I will inforce it. By that I mean, when Unixmad posts a thread, not until then.
I'm not going on assumptions

It might be possible to enforce this rule if the managers of servers help out.

I'm not too sure if some managers are mature enough to handle that though -.-

Darlene159
10-08-2002, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Lyndzey

I'm not too sure if some managers are mature enough to handle that though -.-

Like I said, I dont ban people on here-say rules, and then get in trouble for it later
Either Unixmad or Stefan posts that we do it, or we dont do it...
And you KNOW that not all of the Managers will do anything about it, why? Because it will lower the player count.
I have no problem following it if I am sure that is what I am suppose to do, not "Well, I assume that means online accounts too"
The best thing to do is to get Unixmad or Stefan to do a thread on it.

Milkdude99
10-08-2002, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Lyndzey

I'm not too sure if some managers are mature enough to handle that though -.- To be honest Lyndzey, not many are , they will be afraid of losing friends and players. What they don't realize it is business and there are no friends in business. But I fault Graal in letting too many people be Manager who do not have the wisdom or maturity to really do what needs to be done in Managing a server. Making levels and scripts and GFX are fine but when it comes to a PW it's the easy part , being able to manage it correctly is the hard part, as so many PWs online are finding out. And who suffers for this? The players do.:(

XxxxneosoftxxxX
10-08-2002, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
To be honest Lyndzey, not many are , they will be afraid of losing friends and players. What they don't realize it is business and there are no friends in business. But I fault Graal in letting too many people be Manager who do not have the wisdom or maturity to really do what needs to be done in Managing a server. Making levels and scripts and GFX are fine but when it comes to a PW it's the easy part , being able to manage it correctly is the hard part, as so many PWs online are finding out. And who suffers for this? The players do.:(

So in real life you would screw your friend over to do your job just because they are sharing? Wow thats harsh. Money over friendship. You can replace money but you can't replace friendship. :(

Anyways it will be pretty hard banning accounts that are shared. What if people use different computers to play graal? The IPs are different even though its one person. Its goning to be hard. :\

ZanderX
10-08-2002, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by XxxxneosoftxxxX

So in real life you would screw your friend over to do your job just because they are sharing? Wow thats harsh. Money over friendship. You can replace money but you can't replace friendship. :(

Anyways it will be pretty hard banning accounts that are shared. What if people use different computers to play graal? The IPs are different even though its one person. Its goning to be hard. :\

Yet you can live without friendship but you can't live without money.

Neonight
10-08-2002, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

Think before you speak.
We were both staff on 2k1.

Googi
10-08-2002, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

To be a great scripter you need to be darned intelligent

See, NOW I understand why I've never been able to learn to script well :)

XxxxneosoftxxxX
10-08-2002, 06:22 AM

Yet you can live without friendship but you can't live without money.

You need friends though. You would go insane if you didn't. You have to have people to talk to. Weither its someone of your own age of your parents. Without them, you'll go nuts and start going postal on people. :(

ZanderX
10-08-2002, 06:29 AM

You need friends though. You would go insane if you didn't. You have to have people to talk to. Weither its someone of your own age of your parents. Without them, you'll go nuts and start going postal on people. :(

Will you?

How do you know?

Have you been there?

R0bin
10-08-2002, 06:31 AM
Bwahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaahahah

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAH

I have been there.

XxxxneosoftxxxX
10-08-2002, 06:31 AM

Will you?

How do you know?

Have you been there?

No I haven't been there. But those kids that go to schools knocking off the other kids probably don't have friends. Its kind of easy to tell. No friends = sad little child. ANYWAYS we are going off topice and I feel this will be closed soon. :(

R0bin
10-08-2002, 06:32 AM
I dont think sharing accounts should be illegal... as long as i dont have to share mine, this account is INFINATLY PERSONALLISED TO ME.

Dach
10-08-2002, 09:14 AM

total crap, have you ever heard of a hermit going nuts and shooting people (other than the unabomber)? Last time I checked, I haven't heard anything about my hermit-uncle in utah going nuts and eating everbody in the small town near him.

If you choose to not have friends, or never had friends at all, how could you feel so lonely that you would go insane? Of course someone who wants friends, but is constantly mocked and humiliated may feel this way, but not someone who chooses in their own right to be individual.

Milkdude99
10-09-2002, 02:45 AM

Anyways it will be pretty hard banning accounts that are shared. What if people use different computers to play graal? The IPs are different even though its one person. Its goning to be hard. :\ First lesson is NEVER mix money and friendships all you do is lose friends and create hard feelings between you and your friends.:\

TheFrozenFiend
10-09-2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Dach

Last time I checked, I haven't heard anything about my hermit-uncle in utah going nuts and eating everbody in the small town near him.

Thats because news travels slowly in small towns. :p

Milkdude99
10-09-2002, 03:43 AM

Oh, is it? But I don't see you churning out any fantastic scripts. To be a great scripter you need to be darned intelligent, but that's hardly the case for a manager. It's easy. Scripting is not. Maybe because I don't do scripts?Maybe because I work for a living and have limited time? And if it is so easy why aren't you Managing one ?, I never said anyone can do scripts now did I? The "easy part "s getting all the people together to do projects , the hard part is having them stick with it till a large project is done. Please don't put words in my mouth , I did not belittle anyone who does scripts or GFX or levels , to be good at anything you have to work on it as I am sure you have or you wouldn't be any good at it , but that is not the case with you is it? You are good and thats great for you , you have your "nitche" on this game, a good scripter , if Managing was so easy them why do we constantly have Management problems on servers? Dealing with people is not as easy as you make it sound , you should know this , you are a SuperMod and do it here.But this does not mean you would make a good Manager , not saying you couldn't be , it is something you have not yet done. If I ever have time I may sit down and learn some script but right now is not that time so what I do is limited on that and I have made no secret on that.
You took what I said out of context from the way it was meant and were quick to try to belittle what I do and yet I don't belittle what you do , when I said "that part was easy'" the part of getting the Staff who do these things together was the easy part not what they do , for I have the greastest respect for what my Staff do as well as all others on Graal who have talent in GFX or Script or levels , but if this talent is not directed and focused in the right direction for the server then their talents are wasted. Point is; it has to be managed and brought together to make something great out of it and work as a Team and not individuals.

XxxxneosoftxxxX
10-09-2002, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Dach

total crap, have you ever heard of a hermit going nuts and shooting people (other than the unabomber)? Last time I checked, I haven't heard anything about my hermit-uncle in utah going nuts and eating everbody in the small town near him.

If you choose to not have friends, or never had friends at all, how could you feel so lonely that you would go insane? Of course someone who wants friends, but is constantly mocked and humiliated may feel this way, but not someone who chooses in their own right to be individual.

Ok so choosing to not have friends is ok. But that person is still lonely. I don't care what you say. Its human nature to be like that. We are suppose to socialize with others. Thats just the way we work. It must be hard to not have friends. I would go spaztic without them. :(

XxxxneosoftxxxX
10-09-2002, 04:00 AM

What a very closed-minded view. Not to mention completely wrong. Introversion does not lead to insanity. We see a few cases where the lonely hated kid goes shotgun crazy, sure, but that's like 0.1% of all loners. Most violent crime is perpetrated by the *****s who want to look cool in front of their friends.

Sorry for double post.

Anyone in their right mind would not go kill someone to show off. Thats plain retarded. I do not think I've ever met a person willing to kill a human being just to show off. That my friend is stupid. AND if they truly do that for kicks,.... they have some sort of mental disorder and they do not value human life.

Milkdude99
10-09-2002, 06:10 AM

Maybe because you can't.

I managed 2K1 for a short spell. So very boring. Maybe if I didn't have any scripting skill then I'd fall back on something tedious like managing, but only if I was desperate. It's a poor substitute.

Hardly. Not if you want anybody good. But I guess you'd know that.

You implied that managing is more difficult than scripting, when in reality it's nowhere near as demanding. Indeed, it now turns out that you meant something else. I'd apologise for misinterpreting but in this case it was hardly my fault.

Because of poor managers.

I'm not talking about killing. I said "violent crime". That encompasses more than just murder.

It comes down to this , you are good at what you do and enjoy it and that is all that counts as I do. I also stated I don't do scripts which means yes I don't know script, never had the time to sit down and learn script , what I do know is very minor and by no means compare to what you know on scripts but this does not mean I am dumb nor am I saying you said that. If I ever get the chance to study it I will and if I need to know something I will come to a person who is very good at it like you to ask questions.
All I ask is try not to jump to conclusions on what I post , if it appears unclear about something just ask , I will be happy to explain in further detail or try to make it clearer.

Darlene159
10-09-2002, 06:11 AM

Maybe because you can't.

I managed 2K1 for a short spell. So very boring. Maybe if I didn't have any scripting skill then I'd fall back on something tedious like managing, but only if I was desperate. It's a poor substitute.

Hardly. Not if you want anybody good. But I guess you'd know that.

You implied that managing is more difficult than scripting, when in reality it's nowhere near as demanding. Indeed, it now turns out that you meant something else. I'd apologise for misinterpreting but in this case it was hardly my fault.

Because of poor managers.

I'm not talking about killing. I said "violent crime". That encompasses more than just murder.

Why must you be so hateful? I would think in your position, you would help people more, but all you do is say ugly things, and tell people how much better you are then them. I used to respect you, but your posts here lately have been terrible.

Dach
10-09-2002, 09:52 AM
*reads the whole thread actually*

What they don't realize it is business and there are no friends in business.

ever heard of John Nash? It's called do what's best for the team and yourself, the team being players and staff... Business does not have to be cold and heartless.

Yes, Kai, I learned about Nash from the movie like everyone else, but it's not like I've taken any real business classes or college level mathematics or anything like that, so um yeah... (I'm not trying to be pissy, so sorry if I come off that way)

Darlene159
10-09-2002, 11:00 AM

If your statement were more ambiguous then I'd have queried you and made sure of your meaning, but it really was quite clear, even if it did give the wrong message. "Making levels and scripts and GFX are fine but when it comes to a PW it's the easy part". It says that making scripts is the easy part. And, given that I'm a scripter, I had to address the inaccuracy whether it was intentional or not.

What position is that?

As for the bulk of your message: I have a thing against conceited, stubborn adults who assume that their age makes them automatically better than youngsters. It's just one of my personal gripes, and I apologise for what it makes me say.

I am not any of those things at all. What makes people mad is that I have an opinion, and I'm not afraid to voice it, or argue the point if I feel I am right.
At least I'm not like some of the moderators and pw inspectors who put people down openly in posts :mad:

ZanderX
10-09-2002, 11:01 AM

At least I'm not like some of the moderators who put people down openly in posts :mad:

Yees. Soo. I am guilty of this crime.

But I am human.

Brandon
10-09-2002, 11:07 AM

But I am human.

When did this happen? :P :D

ZanderX
10-09-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Brandon

When did this happen? :P :D

When I discarded my positronic brain in favor of human flesh, of course.

Brandon
10-09-2002, 11:11 AM

When I discarded my positronic brain in favor of human flesh, of course.

Oh, is that all? Darn, I thought something monumental had to have happened. :P

Darlene159
10-09-2002, 08:10 PM

You really are. Less so than your husband, but nevertheless.

You can say or think whatever you want about me, but noone knows me better than myself, least of all...you.
lol, its funny how you say I think I am better than everyone else, when I have said over and over that I have made many mistakes, and I have also said that I wasnt the greatest Manager.
Yes, that says I am better. Anyway, I'm not going to argue with you anymore, because it is rediculous.
I will continue to watch your posts to see how often you prove my point though.
As far as Moon God goes...he comes on a little strong at times because he is more passionate about things than I am, or alot of people for that matter. He likes graal as I do, and wants to see it grow and get better.

Googi
10-10-2002, 05:51 AM
Let's view this...

2K1 manager - Kamuii - Has no knowledge of current events on the server, if he did, my pearl diving system wouldn't still be up.

2K2 Manager - Stefan - Is to busy to do much there...

Classic - Thym - Used to be good, kinda dead-ish now

UN Manager - I have no idea who this guy is, which in itself proves that he suffers from "Kamuii-itis"

Other managers of the 92367345 dead servers - Obviously suck

N-Pulse Manager - Moon God/Moon Goddess - Extremely arrogant.

As you can see, Moon God and Moon Goddess are indeed the best managers on Graal.

Androk2k1
10-10-2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Googi
Classic - Thym - Used to be good, kinda dead-ish now
Tyhm's going to be gone at the end of the year, from what I understand.

Originally posted by Googi

As you can see, Moon God and Moon Goddess are indeed the best managers on Graal.
Yay arogance!

Darlene159
10-10-2002, 08:35 AM
lol Googi, I dont even know what to say to that :p

Milkdude99
10-11-2002, 03:00 AM
[Originally posted by Googi

Tyhm's going to be gone at the end of the year, from what I understand.

Yay arogance!

hahah you guys crack me up! Not really sure I like the tag of arrogant but I guess we could be called worse things....:p

JusPeachy
10-25-2002, 02:07 PM
Ehm ok I have a question now since this has been brought to my attention.

Lets say I have two accounts that I bought, but I got one for someone else. We both have the passes to both accts, but we are the only 2 that have them. Sometimes we get on each others accts just to mess around as each other.

So I could see if someone would want to be really anal about it, they could ban us both. But then again, that doesnt make sense because its not like two people here are paying for one account and ripping off you guys or anything. You are getting paid for both accts. :p

So really all I want to know is, is this going to be 'anally' enforced? Or would stuff like my situation be ok? =P

1) It is now currently illegal to share in game accounts.
This means two players
cannot possess the password to one account. P2P,
classic-upgraded, trial,
whatever.

That is why i brought it up btw if anyone thinks im crazy. :p

Golbez
10-25-2002, 09:10 PM
Wasn't this topic started like a month ago :whatever:

JusPeachy
10-25-2002, 11:30 PM
Yeah, but when it takes 2 weeks for your msg board acct to get approved so you can post, you just have to wait before you can ask a question... :\

Googi
10-25-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by JusPeachy
Yeah, but when it takes 2 weeks for your msg board acct to get approved so you can post, you just have to wait before you can ask a question... :\

Hmm...say, ever heard of the FAQ team?

JusPeachy
10-26-2002, 02:33 AM
Have you ever asked the FAQ team questions again and again and never got an answer? I guess not, but I have. And when you DO get answers back, theyre in a form like: "ur proly ok man dnot wory"... you question how much some of the in game staff actually knows about the rules they are supposed to know and enforce.

Besides, they said it was ok. That is why I came here to put the question to the staff that made this rule. :p

Milkdude99
10-26-2002, 05:19 AM
Have you ever asked the FAQ team questions again and again and never got an answer? I guess not, but I have. And when you DO get answers back, theyre in a form like: "ur proly ok man dnot wory"... you question how much some of the in game staff actually knows about the rules they are supposed to know and enforce.

Besides, they said it was ok. That is why I came here to put the question to the staff that made this rule. :p It's not Staff that make these rules but Unixmad and Stefan , these "rules" are posted on the Main Site of Graal , if in doubt ,check the main site FIRST then resort to asking FAQ. Your right about one thing FAQ are not up on Graal rules as let's say the GP's are because they are the ones that have to enforce them.But then again it would depend on the 'training' these GPs have recieved, this is why on Npulse we take this very seriously and all GP's (we call them Security) are trained for at least 4 weeks to be a GP , most of which is learning the rules and just how to apply the rules, some servers do not take this amount of time to teach their Staff the Graal Rules of Conduct and any other rules that may pertain to the Game , this of course is their affair , so it would really depend on what Server you are on and how it is managed , like I said before "always check the Graal Main site FIRST". If you have Graal related questions on the rules of Graal you can always feel free to email me at [email protected]
any questions about server rules you would have to ask the server you are playing. I hope this helps you in some small way.;)

Googi
10-26-2002, 05:29 AM

Besides, they said it was ok. That is why I came here to put the question to the staff that made this rule. :p

Hmm, ever tried asking the Graal BM FAQ team? (Any three of us :()

Androk2k1
10-26-2002, 06:08 AM
BM? Bowel Movement? :p

Googi
10-26-2002, 06:16 AM
BM? Bowel Movement? :p

Or maybe BOMY MOON.

Androk2k1
10-26-2002, 06:53 AM
Well, technically the bomy moon is just a big pile of space bowel movement which over the times, formed into a moon, then flattened Jinn's Isle.

Lyndzey
10-26-2002, 07:13 AM
I am so annoyed.

People give out their passwords, the people who were given the passwords change the passwords, then the real owners come yell at me.

cloudstrifevii
10-26-2002, 08:32 AM

Thats funny but just because you are from the south doesn't mean you have a southern accent. I am from Mississippi even further south than Kentucky and I talk like im from St.Louis or somewhere. I was at an airport once sitting at the place where my gate was and someone asked if I was really from Mississippi because I talk nothing like it. I do say yall occasionaly.

Googi
10-26-2002, 10:18 AM
flattened Jinn's Isle.

:(

Androk2k1
10-27-2002, 11:03 PM
Which technically was already flat... :P

Dark_Zeratul101
10-28-2002, 07:08 AM
Well at first this account was gonna be shared by a friend because paypal couldnt accept my credit card so I got a friend to do it. But since he doesnt play graal anymore he gave it to me as a b-day present......

Well many people share accounts because the of the people (like 12 year olds). Young people that play graal have parents that dont want to upgrade their accounts because the parents will be worried that people might steal theri # and buy stuff. Many people say that..... Sad... sad... Story

Milkdude99
10-28-2002, 08:12 AM

You know, Moon God, quotation marks aren't for providing emphasis or anything like that. They're just for quoting. It's my right of Freedom of expression to slaughter the English Language as I see fit isn't it? I mean most of the people on here do far worse than the misusing quotation marks. Come on Kaimetsu give me a break..... half of them can't even spell. :\

XxxxneosoftxxxX
10-28-2002, 09:09 AM

You know, Moon God, quotation marks aren't for providing emphasis or anything like that. They're just for quoting.

Wow how rude. I know this is a game and all but talking like that to someone older than you. No manners. Let him do whatever he wishes. You correcting people all the time is annoying. He is probably way older than you ( doesn't mean that in a bad way ) and you still talk down to him? Heh... rude is all I can say.

konidias
10-30-2002, 03:43 PM
Then tell him in private Kaimetsu. Pointing out stuff like that to him in public isn't helping anyone. Plus it's just your personal opinion and if you haven't read the topic I made in the moderator forum, I think now would be a good time to read it, or reread it.

Graal518
10-31-2002, 04:12 PM
Many people make grammar mistakes here, myself included. But I don't think that the Graal forums is really a place where grammar matters all that much. I mean, pfft... I see people use more than three dots to end a sentence and even though something such as that is wrong, I don't let it get to me. I can see in other situations where spelling and grammar would be of the utmost importance, but in Graal's Forums, as long as you get the point across, there is no real problem in how one presents a message, ne?

Graal518
10-31-2002, 05:23 PM

You seem to assume that I'm telling him for my benefit. Personally I could hardly care less but I think it's good to point these things out. Sure, I won't mention it to most of the people here because most of the people here are kids that don't know any better. When the person is old enough to have finished their education and actually manages a server, I feel it's good for them to be able to express themselves well.

I am assuming nothing of that sort, Kaimetsu. I've only said what I did on my point of view. Yes, I do know Moon God is older than you, or I, and does manage a server. But I also think that he expresses himself just fine. Like I said, we all do make grammar mistakes; none of us are perfect in our skills of grammar, no matter how rudimentary a pracitce it may be. I do, however do see why you would want a represenitive of Graal wanting to represent himself/herself properly under the circumstances you've chosen to depict. However, how many people really do care? :\

Graal518
10-31-2002, 06:27 PM

*shrugs*

Not many, on a game like this. But still, I'd want to be aware of any mistake I make regardless of the environment in which I make them. Following the possibility that this could be the same for Moon God, I pointed it out. As you say, few people really care about his minor errors so my mentioning it is unlikely to do any harm.

*nods*

Mmkay. I see where you come from now. Perhaps MG is indifferent about how he chooses emphasize words. I'm usually not aware of my grammar mistakes, and I bet they could be seen as horrible to some people. :(

Milkdude99
11-01-2002, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Graal518

*nods*

Mmkay. I see where you come from now. Perhaps MG is indifferent about how he chooses emphasize words. I'm usually not aware of my grammar mistakes, and I bet they could be seen as horrible to some people. :( I think indifferent may be a good word for it, after all this is not an English test nor a school and my unorthodox way of expressing myself here is really of no value and the ones who post nothing more than a correction of someone’s use of grammar punctuation is nothing more than nonsense and tend only to the one pointing it out to look foolish because it has no value here, only the content of the post has a value here. A person on these Forums who does this only makes themselves look like they are trying to look important or superior to the person in which it is directed to. If it is a problem that they have on grammar or just can't stand to see incorrect grammar, then it is they who need to learn tolerance. And to point someone out because they are older and /or manage a Player World because of their personal opinion of what they perceive they should do or act is just that their opinion and should not force the other party involved conforming to their wishes and opinion. This is supposed to be not only for information but also for fun, taking the fun out of by pointing out grammar only makes them look snobbish. If I was trying to impress someone I might worry about it, but I'm not. What I am posting is by no means the "American Novel" and really doesn't need all the formalities of correct punctuations, you really have a serious problem if you read a post and your only reply you can come up with is incorrect punctuations then why even bother posting a reply at all? This of course is just my opinon on it.

Graal518
11-01-2002, 05:38 AM
snip

Like I said, I really don't put value in how one chooses to express themselves on these forums. Not many people on here care about how someone chooses to put emphasis on their words. I do see Kaimetsu's point of view though, but it dosen't mean I do agree with it, as I myself don't have much to do with the Graalian scene, and could care less how someone types their message on here; as long as they get their point across. As I have said before, I've never seen a problem with how you've chosen to emphasize your words, and I still don't. I know that I personally can't use grammar for the life of me since I have fractions galore when I do type. But on the forums, it really matters not because apparently, I do get my point across.

Everyone, however, is different in what they see as the appropriate syntax for typing here. Many, as I've said don't even care. On the same trade, Kaimetsu's pointing it out probably dosen't do that much harm, since a majority of the people here don't really put much emphasis on grammar in the first place.

Meh... :\

Rioken_Hiroshyima
11-01-2002, 01:18 PM
Please, give me one good reason to treat him any different to anybody else.

No offense,but do you talk to your mother that way?Maybe your next door neibhor?I'm not saying that you should treat him with more respect than you do most others,but you should raise your bar on respect,so to speak.

Oh,and by the way.Someone somewhere called what MG was explaining "rules".He was using sarcasm in mix with qoutation.

Graal518
11-01-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Rioken_Hiroshyima

No offense,but do you talk to your mother that way?Maybe your next door neibhor?I'm not saying that you should treat him with more respect than you do most others,but you should raise your bar on respect,so to speak.

Oh,and by the way.Someone somewhere called what MG was explaining "rules".He was using sarcasm in mix with qoutation.

Kaimetsu just pointed out how Moon God choose to emphasize words. There is reason to why he did choose to point it out. I don't think he meant it at all in disrespect to Moon God.

Rioken_Hiroshyima
11-01-2002, 01:42 PM

Kaimetsu just pointed out how Moon God choose to emphasize words. There is reason to why he did choose to point it out. I don't think he meant it at all in disrespect to Moon God.

I did see that he did not mean to disrespect him.I'm just trying to point out the obvious. =/

Graal518
11-01-2002, 02:00 PM

I did see that he did not mean to disrespect him.I'm just trying to point out the obvious. =/

Though, don't you think it's at Kaimetsu's discression to conduct himself how he wants to? The quotation marks could be seen as sarcasm, but it didn't appear to be in that way. Italics could have provided the same effect, or something close to it. But as I said, I don't care how it was worded because Moon God did get his point across. This feels redundant... :\

Rioken_Hiroshyima
11-01-2002, 02:03 PM

Though, don't you think it's at Kaimetsu's discression to conduct himself how he wants to? The quotation marks could be seen as sarcasm, but it didn't appear to be in that way. Italics could have provided the same effect, or something close to it. But as I said, I don't care how it was worded because Moon God did get his point across. This feels redundant... :\

I really don't mind when Kaimetsu corrects people,but...does he have to be so mean about it?:\

konidias
11-01-2002, 02:06 PM
All I know is... people used italics way too much in this thread. :D

Graal518
11-01-2002, 02:08 PM

I really don't mind when Kaimetsu corrects people,but...does he have to be so mean about it?:\

Everyone has their own way of doing things. At one time, I was pretty negative on here most of the time; with no need to be. :\ But I don't think Kaimetsu is really all that mean about how he corrects people. Albeit, he can do it in other ways, but his ways are his own, no?

Rioken_Hiroshyima
11-01-2002, 02:09 PM
That was wrong,Koni,Wrong.:p

True,the way he puts his words are his own to choose,but it usually puts him in the middle of a fight or such.He has told me in a previous conversation that he enjoys being mean.

Graal518
11-01-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by konidias
All I know is... people used italics way too much in this thread. :D

But italics are your friend. :(

Milkdude99
11-02-2002, 03:34 AM

Mean? I don't see how my words were anything other than neutral. And I'm pretty sure I never told you that I enjoy being mean as such. You're just twisting my words. Ok let me put it short and sweet and just end it now ok? Kaimetsu we don't need a English Teacher on these Forums, it has nothing to do with my Modship or yours or even the rules for that matter so is not part of anyone's job here , so if you would be so kind as to QUIT with this damn stinking posting about my grammer. :grrr:

Rioken_Hiroshyima
11-02-2002, 11:31 AM
If I still had my trunkssj5x account,I'd show you.Since I don't,I can't.It was something along the lines of me saying Why do you have to be so mean.You responded with something like because I enjoy it.It was when you were Insulting me about my problem.

Torankusu
11-02-2002, 11:34 AM
Ok let me put it short and sweet and just end it now ok? Kaimetsu we don't need a English Teacher on these Forums, it has nothing to do with my Modship or yours or even the rules for that matter so is not part of anyone's job here , so if you would be so kind as to QUIT with this damn stinking posting about my grammer. :grrr: It's grammar.

Darlene159
11-02-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Torankusu
It's grammar.

Toran, you are a freaking ***** and should be fired.

Kamiseu or however you spell it, in one post you said that you werent treating moon god any different than any other player, then in another post you posted that you usually dont say anything to other people because they are kids, and you said something to moon god because he is an adult an should know better. This thread is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.
It had better stop, I am not going to sit back and watch as players or other mods are attacked by other mods, it will not happen. Some people think they are all high an mighty and can treat people any way they like, it aint gonna happen.

Konidias, you posted here, yet you say nothing....put these mods in their places, or get rid of them...this isnt funny anymore

Graal518
11-02-2002, 12:28 PM
Really... This whole thing about picking at Moon God's grammar is just beginning to get old. I can understand him just fine, and I assume others can too. I mean, there are clearly other people on here who are worse (I don't need to point them out.) because they don't make sense. Perfectionism in grammar is something that won't happen here very often, and if it does, no one gives a damn; so give it a rest. :\

Rioken_Hiroshyima
11-02-2002, 12:46 PM
Its really not even about that anymore.=/

Graal518
11-02-2002, 12:52 PM
Its really not even about that anymore.=/

But it did start all of this. I really think this thread should be closed. It's getting pointless, don't you think?

Rioken_Hiroshyima
11-02-2002, 03:48 PM
Oh yes,why don't you lead us young people to a revolution, Kaimetsu?All throughout this conversation,not even,your whole time on this board you've been complaining about how you don't need to treat someone older than you with respect.I've yet to see you give respect to anyone.If you're not going to respect him because he has 20 years of life experience on you,respect him because he owns one of the longest lasting playerworlds on Graal.If you don't think you should respect him for that,why don't you respect him for his success in life?The point is,you should respect him,no matter what the reason.You don't even need a reason to respect someone.

Yes,that was an attack.You could have picked one of the estimated 100 typos in this thread,and you picked his insignificant typo.Why would this be,Kaimetsu?Oh yeah,thats right,you just like insulting people.

Rioken_Hiroshyima
11-02-2002, 05:06 PM
The way you think is a reason you will never be part of the judicial branch.Guilty until proven innocent.You hadn't said two words to me when you decided to bash me in my thread,and i'm sure you are doing the same thing here.I can't be for sure,but i'm sure you will tell me anyway,won't you.What you lack in manners,you make up for in intellect,which won't get you that far.I have yet to have a nice confrontation with you,and sometimes I think you disagree with someone even though you know they're right.Just for your amusement.If I looked in these forums,I can find a 3:1 radius of people that don't like you to the ones that do.You're very argumentitive,and you find examples where you think because you might be smarter than others,or in this case,use better grammar,puncuation,and spelling,you can put them down.At this angle you're a hippocrite.I don't mind that you dislike Moon God,or even me.Its the reasons that you dislike us.We're people you don't know on an online game.I haven't seen Moon God Act all "high 'n' mighty",and you had no reason that you've shown to bash me.I'm 100% sure that Moon God,Myself,and any other Graalian on here acts differently between the net and the real world,even you.Saying that he is a bad person isn't justified.Hes a bad person because he _____,and You dislike me because I _____.

Almost this whole post is pointless,but it does give you one peice of advice,quit bashing people,and maybe we wouldn't be having these arguments.

Oh,and by the way,I wasn't the one arguing age,and punctuation,so don't try and correct me,kid.

Milkdude99
11-02-2002, 10:40 PM

No, I don't think I'll do that. Managing an already-successful playerworld is child's play, you don't need skill for that.
Seems you don't even know the history of Npulse and how Geo destroyed it just before he left. At the time we took over Geo had run most of the Staff and 3/4 of the players and the overworld were in a shambles. And yet again you speak of what you do not know of, since when have you played Npulse? You have certainly just showed here you don't know any history about it. And this is clearly a slam to imply I don't have any skill at all.

Partly because I don't know of any. Partly because of what I'll explain below.

I've explained this more times than I can count because of people like you, but I guess once more couldn't hurt. Respect is not a simple thing that you just throw at people out of courtesy. It needs a specific target; I might respect a person's sense of humour or appearance, for example. From the composite of all these different elements comes overall respect for the person. For example, I respect Steven Hawking's mental capacity but not his physical capacity. Because I value his intellect I have a great amount of respect for him as a person. Moon God has shown various traits that I do not respect, and few that I do. Consequently, I do not respect him as a person.

Now, that doesn't mean that I'm immediately going to treat him badly in every encounter; I will still show him some respect out of whatever courtesy and professionalism I can muster. I will not attack him without provocation or what I deem good reason, but that does not mean that I will not ever attack him. I probably wouldn't ever attack Stevan Hawking, because I choose to respect him. To tell a person that they have an obligation to respect a person is idiotic; respect is subjective and any respect formed out of obligation is false.

Wasn't a typo. It was a recurring mistake that I thought should be pointed out. If you choose to take it as an attack despite my explanations to the contrary then fine, that's your decision. I can't change your mind and don't particularly want to; I hardly care about what some insignificant nobody thinks of me.

Sometimes. But that hasn't come into effect here, and I'm forced to tell you that using a signature to attack another person is completely against the rules.

By the way: Spaces after commas, kid.
Targeting anything here whether it is grammar or a person or a age group is nothing more than discrimination. Is this not against the Graal rules? I would suggest that this practice stop, it is clearly discrimination against members no matter how you want to candy coat it.

Darlene159
11-03-2002, 11:08 PM

*shrugs*

I've been on N-Pulse recently and the server is pitiful. A dead cat could manage that thing and get an improvement out of it.

Hardly. Only a crazy person could equate correcting a linguistic mistake with discrimination.

What the hell is wrong with you?
Npulse has had so many updates, and we have worked so hard on it....what right do you have to bash it like that? You do not play the server, there is no way that you have explored all of it...Before you can say that, you need to explore all of it, do the quests, talk to the people, staff, etc......
You really need to be removed from modship, you target people that you dont like, and attack them all the time, I have seen it way too many times.

And you are discriminating against adults...you said yourself that you dont usually correct most peoples typos because they are kids, but an adult should know better, you said that yourself....The point was made that it is not your job to do so, and you shouldnt do it, this is not an English class, and you are not a teacher.
Why dont you just leave people alone? Leave their English alone, stop acting like you are so much better than everyone else, and most of all, stop acting like people have to be really careful about how they type a post because it might annoy the high and mighty (you)

Someone please close this thread.......

Darlene159
11-03-2002, 11:20 PM
I've been on N-Pulse recently and the server is pitiful. A dead cat could manage that thing and get an improvement out of it.

BTW...you have 3852 seconds on npulse, no hearts, level1 everything, and hardly no items. You have been nowhere on npulse :rolleyes:

Dark_Zeratul101
11-04-2002, 02:29 AM
Heres a Mr. Shared account person

BeZeRkEr
11-04-2002, 03:24 AM

BTW...you have 3852 seconds on npulse, no hearts, level1 everything, and hardly no items. You have been nowhere on npulse :rolleyes:

It only takes 3,852 seconds to see that NPulse is crap.

Er1c2
11-04-2002, 03:49 AM
You really need to be removed from modship, you target people that you dont like, and attack them all the time, I have seen it way too many times.So you're saying that just because he is a moderator, he is not entitled to his own opinion? It's not like he banned you because N-Pulse sucks, he just stated that it sucks.

Milkdude99
11-04-2002, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Er1c2
So you're saying that just because he is a moderator, he is not entitled to his own opinion? It's not like he banned you because N-Pulse sucks, he just stated that it sucks. We have rules in the Moderator's Sandbox posted and he is clearly violating the rules we have to follow as Moderators. He has not just broke one but serveral rules. Please refrain from comments on things you have no knowedge of, his personal feelings on Npulse is of no concern to me at all.

Er1c2
11-04-2002, 04:04 AM
Then instead of complaing about Kaimetsu's opinion, why don't you complain about the rule(s) he broke?

I was a moderator, I know the moderator rules -- so I think I have more than "no knowedge" of this.

Sure, unixmad is against staff having their own opinions... but it's not a rule.

Darlene159
11-04-2002, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Er1c2
Then instead of complaing about Kaimetsu's opinion, why don't you complain about the rule(s) he broke?

I was a moderator, I know the moderator rules -- so I think I have more than "no knowedge" of this.

Sure, unixmad is against staff having their own opinions... but it's not a rule.

it isnt an opinion, it is bashing...plain and simple
Was it constructive? No
Was the post intended to help the person? No

CheeToS2
11-04-2002, 06:34 AM
this thread is beyond off-topic :o

ZanderX
11-04-2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by CheeToS2
this thread is beyond off-topic :o

Which is why it's now closed.