PDA

View Full Version : Help. Graal keeps crashing.

TheFrozenFiend
10-06-2002, 06:00 PM
Ive just upgraded my computer and now when I try and run graal it crashes after a couple of minutes and then wont load again until I restart my computer.
I tried reinstalling it and that didnt work.

Help please.

KawaiiSaRiA
10-06-2002, 06:23 PM
How many applications are you running while you try to run graal?
And what operating system are you using? It may well be that your operating system keeps running out of memory.

Zurkiba
10-06-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by TheFrozenFiend
Ive just upgraded my computer and now when I try and run graal it crashes after a couple of minutes and then wont load again until I restart my computer.
I tried reinstalling it and that didnt work.

Help please.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Now I see why you make fun of me :) It's fun.

zell12
10-06-2002, 09:54 PM
He probably has a nice setup. But mabey its just no configured correctly to allow for grawl...

James
10-06-2002, 10:40 PM
It's most likely a DirectX problem, try re-installing it, or get the newest version.

http://www.microsoft.com/directx

TheFrozenFiend
10-07-2002, 01:04 AM
lol Zurkiba.

KawaiiSaria: Just graal and internet explorer.
RAM: 512MB DDR

James: Ill try reinstalling/installing DirectX now.

Thanks everyone...well, apart from Zurk. :p

KawaiiSaRiA
10-07-2002, 02:12 AM
Operating System, windows 98. That thing runs out of memory if not set up correctly. I could not play graal with Windows 98, even if I was only running one program, which in this case was graal, I'd still have to reboot all of the time, dealing with my computer locking up all the time, because of all the memory loss.

Try updating directX if you haven't already. If that doesnt work, upgrade to windows 2000 or something.

by the way, when you said you upgraded your computer, did you mean the hardware, or the operating system?

TheFrozenFiend
10-08-2002, 02:26 AM
AAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I installed DirectX 8.1 and what happens?
My computer turns into a heap of junk.
When trying to load up it had about 6 errors before auto-shutting down.
Thankfully I managed to more or less fix it. Not my computer is running slow as hell though and a couple of things wont work.
Stupid DirectX. :mad:

"by the way, when you said you upgraded your computer, did you mean the hardware, or the operating system?"

Hardware.

I suppose I can get Windows 2000 as long as its not too much hastle installing it.

Admins
10-08-2002, 08:20 PM
Yes video drivers are quite bad, i have problems with them on my computer too. But Graal should run correclty on Win95/98 when the gfx card driver is ok

Graal2001_Developer1
10-08-2002, 08:24 PM
just come on and finish the Opengl-version so everyone can go to linux and feel happy ;)

KawaiiSaRiA
10-08-2002, 08:56 PM
All you need to do to install windows2000, is install the CD, type in the registration code, and it'll do all the rest for you. Nothing will be deleted, and you won't have to re format or anything like that. Installation takes around about 3 hours normally, and reboots roughly 3 times during the process (This doesn't mean you have to re-start the installation) Windows2000 is nasty too, much like all of the other windows operating systems, but it saves you alot of time, with windows98 you must reboot at least twice a day.

Stefan is right also, Graal will work fine if you have the correct hardware. I use the Geforce 3 graphics card, along with a pentium 4 processor.

TheFrozenFiend
10-08-2002, 11:11 PM
Ok thanks.

Now I just need to find a UK place that sells the normal (not pro) windows 2000 (preferably an OEM version).

KawaiiSaRiA
10-08-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by TheFrozenFiend
Ok thanks.

Now I just need to find a UK place that sells the normal (not pro) windows 2000 (preferably an OEM version).
Hmmm..*idea*

Check your Private Messages.

TheFrozenFiend
10-09-2002, 02:43 AM
Checked. :)

(Yeah this post had no real point apart from getting me nearer to the 500 post mark. Nearly there as well.)