PDA

View Full Version : c'mon, do something with g2k1!

Kuza
10-05-2002, 09:23 AM
completely revamp Graal2001 if you want people to begin playing again. it barely even exceeds a playerbase of 20, anymore. ;[

new world, new ideals, new graphics... you get the idea. i would help, i've said it a million times. G2k1's state has been the same for a couple of months now, lack of updates and well... it's just dull.

try making Graal2001 the best "Classic-style" (i know, it's GOLD) server, since G2k2 graphics and gameplay are semi-different. right now, people are upgrading for G2k2 and forums. we need more gold servers though, for realz.

--Chris--
10-05-2002, 09:36 AM
the "classis" style sux worst the only reason 2k1 is empty is for 2 reasons.
1)f00s drooling over a 2k2 alpha versian
2)classic people to cheap to upgrade their accounts

Googi
10-05-2002, 10:24 AM
Uhh...no.

The staff need to fix the economy, if 2K1 has a good economy, it will be the only server with an economic base (That = monopoly for 2K1).

But since the staff have to somehow make something where the players rush in and dump huge amounts of money, think they're getting something good in return, but really get nothing.

Zurkiba
10-05-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Googi
Uhh...no.

The staff need to fix the economy, if 2K1 has a good economy, it will be the only server with an economic base (That = monopoly for 2K1).

But since the staff have to somehow make something where the players rush in and dump huge amounts of money, think they're getting something good in return, but really get nothing.
2k2 has an economic base?

Googi
10-05-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

2k2 has an economic base?

Not a good one...

AlexH
10-05-2002, 11:45 AM
Didn't Kamuii mention something about a complete revamp for the server in some other thread?

Kuza
10-05-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by AlexH
Didn't Kamuii mention something about a complete revamp for the server in some other thread?

saying something is one thing, doing it is another. i just want to see it happen, that's all.

as for, um, "googster..."

you can reset the economy as many times as you want, jail cheaters/scammers/hackers, delete money, restock every other month. it doesn't make a difference, there will always be some variable to mess up the economy again, even if it's by human error.

konidias
10-05-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Kuza
completely revamp Graal2001 if you want people to begin playing again. it barely even exceeds a playerbase of 20, anymore. ;[

new world, new ideals, new graphics... you get the idea. i would help, i've said it a million times. G2k1's state has been the same for a couple of months now, lack of updates and well... it's just dull.

try making Graal2001 the best "Classic-style" (i know, it's GOLD) server, since G2k2 graphics and gameplay are semi-different. right now, people are upgrading for G2k2 and forums. we need more gold servers though, for realz.

G2k1 is being revamped with a new style and new stuff. But new world? Right... lets just ditch years worth of level work and development and make an entire new world. It wouldn't even be 2k1 then, it would be some entirely new server. The world will change but not completely be erased and rebuilt. New gameplay, some new graphics, more organized system, etc.

I've been making plans for it all week and when I'm finished, I will be discussing them with Kamuii and probably Birdbird and then we will begin the process. You can't just expect 2k1 to become wonderful overnight though.

CheeToS2
10-05-2002, 10:05 PM
Can't you tell us about some of it too? We don't have much to work on at all being left in the dark :(

Lyndzey
10-05-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by --Chris--

2)classic people to cheap to upgrade their accounts

Most parents don't trust the internet enough so they choose not to use their credit cards on an online game. This does not mean they are too poor or too cheap to upgrade an account.

Googi
10-06-2002, 12:30 AM

Stefan said no to that, which is probably fortunate.

Kuza
10-06-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by konidias

G2k1 is being revamped with a new style and new stuff. But new world? Right... lets just ditch years worth of level work and development and make an entire new world. It wouldn't even be 2k1 then, it would be some entirely new server. The world will change but not completely be erased and rebuilt. New gameplay, some new graphics, more organized system, etc.

I've been making plans for it all week and when I'm finished, I will be discussing them with Kamuii and probably Birdbird and then we will begin the process. You can't just expect 2k1 to become wonderful overnight though.

it's just that nobody seems to wanna play no more. shed some light on the situtation, y'know?

i didn't mean revamp it all, just portions. like, persay, another meteor crashes into Graal2001 and does damage here and there. i wrote a storyline in a thread about a new g2k1... i'll find it and post.

i think you are doing a good job, koni. good luck to everyone on the Graal2001 Team.

Shiftk03-
10-06-2002, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by konidias

Thanks for telling me too, an actual Manager who is on at times (no offense meant Kamoo) I appreciate it alot.

magicbud3344
10-06-2002, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by CheeToS2
Can't you tell us about some of it too? We don't have much to work on at all being left in the dark :(
YEAH.

Googi
10-06-2002, 04:16 AM
Why is it that the staff always go like "OMG, NEW PLAN TOP SECRET TELL NO ONE OR YOULL BE BANNED OMI"

Wouldn't it make more sense to TELL the players so they can give input/opinions on the plans?

AlexH
10-06-2002, 04:18 AM
Why is it that the staff always go like "OMG, NEW PLAN TOP SECRET TELL NO ONE OR YOULL BE BANNED OMI"

Wouldn't it make more sense to TELL the players so they can give input/opinions on the plans?

Element of surprise.
Some things are best kept quite, but larger scale projects are best to be put out into the open.
Not every detail of it, just a rough idea of it.
That way players can have an input and suggest things to the staff.

Googi
10-06-2002, 04:23 AM

Element of surprise.

No, element of surprise is bad in this case, if you tell players, the hype for your new project will increase infinitly.

SaitoHajime
10-06-2002, 04:25 AM

Element of surprise.
Some things are best kept quite, but larger scale projects are best to be put out into the open.
Not every detail of it, just a rough idea of it.
That way players can have an input and suggest things to the staff.

This sounds like a larger scale project to me.

AlexH
10-06-2002, 04:27 AM

No, element of surprise is bad in this case, if you tell players, the hype for your new project will increase infinitly.

Hype leads to expectations which therefore usually leads to disapointment.

Originally posted by SaitoHajime

This sounds like a larger scale project to me.

Well I have to agree with you there.
A rough idea of what's happening would be nice.

ZanderX
10-06-2002, 04:40 AM

Hype = not good.

CheeToS2
10-06-2002, 05:47 AM
I am talking about the staff, not the players :x
If we're to do a job, we have to know what the job is -_-

Googi
10-06-2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

Hype = not good.

And why is that?

CheeToS2
10-06-2002, 05:56 AM

And why is that?

For one, if something unfortunately isn't finished, everyone starts getting pissy about it.

AlexH
10-06-2002, 06:05 AM

For one, if something unfortunately isn't finished, everyone starts getting pissy about it.

Exactly.
Just look at what happened with 2k2.

Googi
10-06-2002, 06:39 AM

Heh, yeah, I forgot, Kamuii has staff with "no motivation".

CheeToS2
10-06-2002, 07:11 AM

Heh, yeah, I forgot, Kamuii has staff with "no motivation".
No, Kamuii has staff with no assignments, everything that has been released or fixed was done independently

LordMatt
10-07-2002, 06:37 AM
G2K1 was doing well when there were just like 15 hats, all free. None of the accessories. When G2K2 was never there. Like 100 people were on G2K1! It was a great community....then I don't know what happened. I guess it was the staff at the time? I don't know...its a darkage for g2k1 right now. I remember waiting for Stefan everyday for a update. It was fun, when Stefan was involved. Now he doesn't seem to make a effort to care of G2K1 now.

Googi
10-07-2002, 08:24 AM

No, Kamuii has staff with no assignments, everything that has been released or fixed was done independently

Mwahaha, see, colored pearls never would have been done if I left it to staffers because it would've never been assigned.

Proxy
10-07-2002, 08:07 PM

Mwahaha, see, colored pearls never would have been done if I left it to staffers because it would've never been assigned.

No, I tried to do it a while ago, but my PSP was being evil and converting colors didn't work right, so I gave up. ^^

Googi
10-07-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Proxy

No, I tried to do it a while ago, but my PSP was being evil and converting colors didn't work right, so I gave up. ^^

I've had PSP6 for almost 3 years now (Well, I got it right after it was released), and I'm still using it, so I have mastered the art of the ebil color replacer.

Translation

O---->Tolerance---->1

Cloud_X2
10-07-2002, 11:35 PM
When there was about to be a reset to Graal2001, I got many complaints saying they would quit... therefore reseting graal may bring some people but also cause some people to leave... Then redoing it might be bad too! Therefore I think we should add new things... or change little things. I really think that Kingdoms should come back... And I think the server could use a few more Staff members to add things... But as well as changing things lets try not to take things away from people Ex. Reset, etc. because then people will get mad... I have many ideas in store but I am waiting to share with the right people...

-Cloud X

Kuza
10-08-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Cloud_X2
When there was about to be a reset to Graal2001, I got many complaints saying they would quit... therefore reseting graal may bring some people but also cause some people to leave... Then redoing it might be bad too! Therefore I think we should add new things... or change little things. I really think that Kingdoms should come back... And I think the server could use a few more Staff members to add things... But as well as changing things lets try not to take things away from people Ex. Reset, etc. because then people will get mad... I have many ideas in store but I am waiting to share with the right people...

-Cloud X

contact me on aim, my new-found amigo!