PDA

View Full Version : Gaining HP per level depends upon sublevels

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
09-30-2002, 11:41 AM
After numerous restarts, I've confirmed this idea.

Say you're a warrior who has no mental skill he can gain experience on, and all you do is level up using physical exp. Chances are, despite your constitution, you'll gain about 8-10 HP per level. However, if you have a nifty mental exp you can gain experience on, such as woodlore, or writing, and you use it in moderation with another skill such as physique, then you can gain a lot more HP like 10-13.

So try and level up on a 1:1 ratio with your other skill for the first few levels if you want lots of HP

zell12
10-01-2002, 02:42 AM
Erm, you can gain levels in your skills like Mental, Wisdom, Magic, Agility, etc... and Also in general which is all of them added to gether. So you can be level 4 in every thing, and be a level 6 in total from all the exp in each catagory.

Er1c2
10-01-2002, 06:05 AM
When you level up you get a random ammount of experience added to your character. When you level up a particular type of experience, sometimes you will get a benifit from it (more SP, lower WC, etc.).

Where the experience goes after killing something depends on which skill you have readied (which means, for example, that sorcerers can cast a spell, turn on their sword, and get physique experience). Say /skills to see your list of skills.

Crovax_Dark_Lord
10-01-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Er1c2
When you level up you get a random ammount of experience added to your character. When you level up a particular type of experience, sometimes you will get a benifit from it (more SP, lower WC, etc.).

Where the experience goes after killing something depends on which skill you have readied (which means, for example, that sorcerers can cast a spell, turn on their sword, and get physique experience). Say /skills to see your list of skills.
So if I was skilled enough, I could fire an arrow at an already badly wounded skelenton, (bind find traps to, I dunno, 7) press 7 and then get dexterity exp...

TerrorBite
10-04-2002, 01:47 PM
Exactaly, or join a party and keep that skill activated or... use icestorm (don't ask me why) and kill things. After you cast bind a skill and you will gain exp in those areas

(this might work for buring hands since it works the same way (not sure though))

oh and I haven't tested this in a while, but give it a shot :P