PDA

View Full Version : Those new, fun rules.

Scalper
09-29-2002, 12:56 PM
12. Posting negatively about Graal or Graal staff is not allowed. (posts discussing
poor management, bad decisions, Graal sucks, etc) If you need to
discuss this, do it privately or somewhere else.

So basically we can only talk about anything related to Graal so long as it's not negative?

Good luck enforcing that rule.

sarcasm.

Judge_Spunky
09-29-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Scalper

So basically we can only talk about anything related to Graal so long as it's not negative?

sarcasm.

I also posted something to this effect in Konidias' thread in the NGRT forum.

Scalper
09-29-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Judge_Spunky

I also posted something to this effect in Konidias' thread in the NGRT forum.

Why in the world would it be there?

It's related to Graal, I think.

Judge_Spunky
09-29-2002, 01:02 PM

Why in the world would it be there?

It's related to Graal, I think.

I can't comment for what was going on in Koni's mind when he posted it there. :\

Scalper
09-29-2002, 01:04 PM
9. Ensure that your posts are made in the correct forum. If they are not Graal-
related, then post them in the Not Graal-Related forum.

har har.

XxxxneosoftxxxX
09-29-2002, 01:17 PM
In other words, Stefan and Unix, do not need this kind of negativity to further develop Graal into a real MMORPG <---sounds like a transformer or something, doesn't it?

Judge_Spunky
09-29-2002, 01:21 PM
Just to bring it into this thread as well..:

Originally posted by konidias
12. Posting negatively about Graal or Graal staff is not allowed. (posts discussing
poor management, bad decisions, Graal sucks, etc) If you need to
discuss this, do it privately or somewhere else.
I'm curious as to this rule. Are we not allowed to give constructive critisism anymore? If so, that is a very poor choice.
Simply disallowing constructive critisism is using very poor judgement, because problems will continue, without being addressed in the open.

Milkdude99
09-29-2002, 07:42 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm curious as to this rule. Are we not allowed to give constructive critisism anymore? If so, that is a very poor choice.
Simply disallowing constructive critisism is using very poor judgement, because problems will continue, without being addressed in the open.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is nothing in the rules that says you can't give "constructive" critisism, but many times what some people here percieve as constructive is indeed not at all and a flame instead.Example: You don't like something on a PW , Staff, levels etc.. Posting they need to be shut down is NOT construtive or asking for opinions from others if this needs to be done , this is nothing more than flaming. Rather post suggestions on how they can make Staff or levels or whatever your beef is , to make it better. Give examples , the level might look better in my opinion if this tile was used and why that effect would be better than they currently use , this is construtive and not negitive. Most problems with Staff if not all don't need to be posted here and will solve nothing by seeing how many people will take your side , submiting your complaint in the proper place will get the problem solved , in this Forum is not the place. I can't speak for other Managers but on Npulse we have email just for that which Moonie and I both check daily and reply to and investigate,
[email protected] I believe it is a good way to solve complaints on a server and I think all servers should have such an email for their server checked by the Manager and replied to on a daily basis if nessary. There are many "free mail" services on the web you can set one up on.

Googi
09-29-2002, 08:09 PM
Annoying, but if constructive criticism is okayed, then I'll still be able to say Kamuii is a bad manager, I'd just have to find some way to put a suggestion in there.

Of course, I heard somewhere Koni was removing Kamoo from manager, so it's kinda win-win.

Milkdude99
09-29-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Googi
Annoying, but if constructive criticism is okayed, then I'll still be able to say Kamuii is a bad manager, I'd just have to find some way to put a suggestion in there.

Of course, I heard somewhere Koni was removing Kamoo from manager, so it's kinda win-win. If you have a problem with a Manager (ie abuse etc..) Something like this is best taken up with Nemesis so he can check out your claims , posting something like that would prolly be deleted.

Darlene159
09-29-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Googi

Of course, I heard somewhere Koni was removing Kamoo from manager, so it's kinda win-win.

Saying someone is a bad manager isnt constructive, and like Moon God said, needs to be taken to the appropriate person to be checked into, not posted publically

James
09-29-2002, 10:18 PM

sarcasm.

Sure, feel free to talk about Graal all you want. Constructive criticsm IS allowed. I don't understand why someone would come on the forums to just tell everyone how horrible Graal is.

haunter
09-29-2002, 10:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Judge_Spunky

Ahh... The sweet sent of [insert some form of government here]... Ain't it grand?

konidias
09-30-2002, 03:02 AM
I posted it in NGRT because I knew a lot of the people that were complaining went there.

About the constructive criticism. As long as it's constructive, then it's fine.

haunter
09-30-2002, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by konidias
I posted it in NGRT because I knew a lot of the people that were complaining went there.

About the constructive criticism. As long as it's constructive, then it's fine.

Yes, but when does a hill become a mountian?... No wait, there acctually is an answer for that... *trys to think of another metaphor*

konidias
09-30-2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by haunter

Yes, but when does a hill become a mountian?... No wait, there acctually is an answer for that... *trys to think of another metaphor*

When the dirt around the hill erodes away, leaving the hill to become a larger landmass, creating a mountain. ;)

aylad
09-30-2002, 04:47 AM
About the mutilation/gore image thing..... what about cartoon mutilation/gore, like a cartoon character or purple dinosaur or whatever being blown to bloody bits? Obviously real/edited photographic material isn't allowed, but where do you draw the line as being "disturbing"?