PDA

View Full Version : The mystery of staff slowness.

Googi
09-28-2002, 08:11 AM
Well, the staff are slow in making stuff, Kamuii himself has said "we are doing work, just slowly" (Or something like that).

So I must ask, what do YOU think the cause is?

I think that it's cause the staff don't have assignments, cause I remember some staff guys saying something about that, and I fail to see some other reason...

albus777
09-28-2002, 08:32 AM
No motivation.

ZanderX
09-28-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by albus777
No motivation.

That's probably the biggest cause.

Torankusu
09-28-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

That's probably the biggest cause. Graal2002 caused 2k1 to get shadowed. That, and most people want more than an economic hellhole to play on.

ZanderX
09-28-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
most people want more than an economic hellhole to play on.

<3

At least I'm not the only administrator who believes that.

Googi
09-28-2002, 09:47 AM
Graal2002 caused 2k1 to get shadowed. That, and most people want more than an economic hellhole to play on.

Yes, but they have yet to fix the economy.

WHERE_IS_THE_GRALAT_STANDARD

Torankusu
09-28-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Googi
fix the economy.
How do you recommend they do this...?

zell12
09-28-2002, 10:09 AM
Kamuii cannot just go change the entire server. He can't reset all the accoutns either. He can't bring back old bodies... Stefan just says no. :\

Torankusu
09-28-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by zell12
Kamuii cannot just go change the entire server. He can't reset all the accoutns either. He can't bring back old bodies... Stefan just says no. :\ Honestly, I blame Stefan and Unixmad for Graal2001 being so bad.

If Stefan never added the new HP system and bodies and such, people wouldn't complain as much. Well, yeah, these new bodies are nice and really customizable gani-wise, but what about the people who aren't graphically talented and who want some colors to go with what they like? Not everyone is a graphics expert.

Also, Stefan made hats cost money. At the time, it was a good idea, because there were really good hats out. Then people got hooked on the hats and just wanted more and more and more. It was like a damn power trip with pixels. There are hats that actually look good, but people take "rarity" into consideration and like the best. I come to graal to have some fun, not listen to people bicker about stupid things like hats and losing money/gaining money.

I'm losing interest.

Googi
09-28-2002, 10:37 AM
How do you recommend they do this...?

Remember that Gralat Standard idea Kamuii had a while back, that didn't require a reset.

RichKevin
09-28-2002, 12:45 PM
what was that idea? i missed it

Dude6252000
09-28-2002, 09:07 PM
Honestly, I blame Stefan and Unixmad for Graal2001 being so bad.

If Stefan never added the new HP system and bodies and such, people wouldn't complain as much. Well, yeah, these new bodies are nice and really customizable gani-wise, but what about the people who aren't graphically talented and who want some colors to go with what they like? Not everyone is a graphics expert.

Also, Stefan made hats cost money. At the time, it was a good idea, because there were really good hats out. Then people got hooked on the hats and just wanted more and more and more. It was like a damn power trip with pixels. There are hats that actually look good, but people take "rarity" into consideration and like the best. I come to graal to have some fun, not listen to people bicker about stupid things like hats and losing money/gaining money.

I'm losing interest.

Well, honestly, I sorta like the new HP system. It makes sparring longer and more interesting O_o But, yes, with ganis, it's SO much easier with new bodies having more poses and arms. Hats, I say should become free as long as something new and better replaces them. But, the two reasons I didn't leave to 2k2 when it came out and stayed on 2k1 working for the server's ganis were: 1. Friends and Community 2. Ganis are easy to make, even though, I could try helping stefan with some 2k2 ganis.
But, back to the thread topic, most of us "lazy kurruptz" staff have really been working, it's just nothing you can see yet, we don't want people having a buggy NPC and blowing up things, would we? x.x

Griffyn
09-28-2002, 09:30 PM
Well, the staff are slow in making stuff, Kamuii himself has said "we are doing work, just slowly" (Or something like that).

So I must ask, what do YOU think the cause is?

I think that it's cause the staff don't have assignments, cause I remember some staff guys saying something about that, and I fail to see some other reason...
FROM PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE STAFF???

CheeToS2
09-28-2002, 10:37 PM
Honestly, I blame Stefan and Unixmad for Graal2001 being so bad.

Come to think of it, if the reason he wont let us use old bodies is because they aren't as customizable, couldn't we just set the ganis to the old bodies in the human script with his permission? :confused: It'd be just as customizeable as before.

Googi
09-29-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Griffyn

FROM PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE STAFF???

How do people complaining about the staff have an effect on staff slowness?

Proxy
09-29-2002, 05:45 AM

How do people complaining about the staff have an effect on staff slowness?

Actually that's opposite of me....

If someone's like
WTF U SUX NO NEW EVENTS

I'll ask them what they'd like, and I will at least TRY to make it, problem is, I keep getting things like Bush Race, Water Race, etc....

So if anyone has any really GOOD event ideas, I'm open to suggeston. :)

Googi
09-29-2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Proxy

Actually that's opposite of me....

If someone's like
WTF U SUX NO NEW EVENTS

I'll ask them what they'd like, and I will at least TRY to make it, problem is, I keep getting things like Bush Race, Water Race, etc....

So if anyone has any really GOOD event ideas, I'm open to suggeston. :)

...Someone should publicise the gullys and frolic swim more.

Milkdude99
09-29-2002, 07:43 AM
Graal2002 caused 2k1 to get shadowed. That, and most people want more than an economic hellhole to play on. Isn't this against the rules we are supposed to be enforcing Toran?

Falcor
09-29-2002, 08:28 AM

...Someone should publicise the gullys and frolic swim more.

they should be more automated.

konidias
09-29-2002, 08:42 AM
2k1 will be changing soon. :asleep:

Googi
09-29-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by konidias
2k1 will be changing soon. :asleep:

Leet.

Infos plz.

RichKevin
09-29-2002, 10:02 AM