PDA

View Full Version : Official Tournament!

Zach1
09-28-2002, 04:44 AM
Dustari is hosting a tournament on
Sunday the 29th at 5:00 central time
it will be for the very powerful, Ring of Combat!
be sure to be there!

AlexH
09-28-2002, 04:46 AM
*notes it in little PC diary thingymabob*

WildArms_2k1
09-28-2002, 05:11 AM
Nooooo
i'm supposed to be the special guy with the ring of combat...

there cant be two...
unless............

::plans evil scheme::

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
09-28-2002, 05:48 AM
I hope as many Dustarians participate as possible.

Many of you probably don't realize how BIG this is, to be able to participate for a ring that is one of the hardest to find (besuides the ring of war) so I hope you all participate.

Special thanks to Jourdan who's donating most of the money for the tournament, so make sure you all give him a run for his money ;)

Jourdan
09-28-2002, 05:55 AM
BY THE WAY, this event is for Dustari only.
::Just had to clear that up::

Pith
09-28-2002, 06:00 AM
Omg you guys are ruining the game by giving away way too expensive stuff like yesterday you guys have like 10 players and made 2 teams(thats a 1 in 2 chance of winning a 2000 plat prize) and and an acher war and each got a stat potion that cost 2000 in stores that likes 10000 plats total and now you're giving away a 13000 plat ring as a prize and called this a dustari tourny but they didnt even fund it and I know jourdan didnt donate half of what the ring cost.next thing you know all the other kingdoms will be holding tournys and giving away super rare prizes like and then no one will ever work and sit around and do nothing and graal2002 will die because you guys ruin the economy.

Pith
09-28-2002, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Jourdan
BY THE WAY, this event is for Dustari only.
::Just had to clear that up::
Basically what this tourny means is that jourdan donates like 1/10th of the money that the ring is worth and he will win the ring since the only other strong guy in dustari is ed and theres no way he could win .

konidias
09-28-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Pith
Omg you guys are ruining the game by giving away way too expensive stuff like yesterday you guys have like 10 players and made 2 teams(thats a 1 in 2 chance of winning a 2000 plat prize) and and an acher war and each got a stat potion that cost 2000 in stores that likes 10000 plats total and now you're giving away a 13000 plat ring as a prize and called this a dustari tourny but they didnt even fund it and I know jourdan didnt donate half of what the ring cost.next thing you know all the other kingdoms will be holding tournys and giving away super rare prizes like and then no one will ever work and sit around and do nothing and graal2002 will die because you guys ruin the economy.

Um... okay, first, stat potions aren't 2000 in stores, because they aren't even IN stores. Secondly, Dustari IS funding the prize money for the ring, and lastly, ring of combat isn't that expensive, it's the cheapest of the 3 warrior rings.

You really need to research things before you talk about them. None of the item prices you mentioned are even close to accurate. Besides, this is alpha, and alpha wasn't balanced from the very beginning, what with sorcerors having unfair advantages in dungeons against warriors, etc.

Just because Jourdan has a lot of money doesn't mean the economy is inbalanced. It isn't my fault that Jourdan is good at sparring, and that he sold monster parts and food and whatever else, to save money for a good ring.

Pith
09-28-2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by konidias

Um... okay, first, stat potions aren't 2000 in stores, because they aren't even IN stores. Secondly, Dustari IS funding the prize money for the ring, and lastly, ring of combat isn't that expensive, it's the cheapest of the 3 warrior rings.

You really need to research things before you talk about them. None of the item prices you mentioned are even close to accurate. Besides, this is alpha, and alpha wasn't balanced from the very beginning, what with sorcerors having unfair advantages in dungeons against warriors, etc.

Just because Jourdan has a lot of money doesn't mean the economy is inbalanced. It isn't my fault that Jourdan is good at sparring, and that he sold monster parts and food and whatever else, to save money for a good ring.
1.The stat potions are worth like 700 plats when you right click it so that means the store price must be around 2000 plats
2.The ring of combat cost 13000 according to the screenshot ghost pirate posted on the information forum
3.If you ruin the economy now and make everyone bored of graal they'll quit and never come back

konidias
09-28-2002, 07:40 AM

1.The stat potions are worth like 700 plats when you right click it so that means the store price must be around 2000 plats
2.The ring of combat cost 13000 according to the screenshot ghost pirate posted on the information forum
3.If you ruin the economy now and make everyone bored of graal they'll quit and never come back

How can an inbalance in the economy of an alpha server make people bored? It's alpha! It isn't supposed to be perfect. If you want to complain, how about complaining about all the bugs people have taken advantage of that severely offset money and experience? It's a testing server, the potions in the shops aren't even priced properly, because the potions aren't even identified when they should be.

The prices are way off for most things anyway, as they are default of the mudlib, and the mudlib was not designed for graphical roleplaying games like Graal. It's been adapted to Graal, and the prices and things haven't been adjusted to the amount of money players make.

Pith
09-28-2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by konidias

How can an inbalance in the economy of an alpha server make people bored? It's alpha! It isn't supposed to be perfect. If you want to complain, how about complaining about all the bugs people have taken advantage of that severely offset money and experience? It's a testing server, the potions in the shops aren't even priced properly, because the potions aren't even identified when they should be.

The prices are way off for most things anyway, as they are default of the mudlib, and the mudlib was not designed for graphical roleplaying games like Graal. It's been adapted to Graal, and the prices and things haven't been adjusted to the amount of money players make.
cool!So the economy doesnt matter anymroe that means all the kigndoms now can hold tournys and give out any prize they want since it's alpha yay let's give everyone 54654233 plats k?

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
09-28-2002, 08:04 AM

cool!So the economy doesnt matter anymroe that means all the kigndoms now can hold tournys and give out any prize they want since it's alpha yay let's give everyone 54654233 plats k?
HI
We're PAYING for the ring in advance.

Pith
09-28-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_

HI
We're PAYING for the ring in advance.
Hi!
You don't have 13000

MasterNuke
09-28-2002, 09:56 AM

Hi!
You don't have 13000
Hi!
Stop complaining about OUR problems and start worrying about your own?
Bye!

Zach1
09-28-2002, 10:36 AM
I didnt really say that the event would be dustari only...

*edit*
if it IS going to be dustari only, i will have to charge a few more k =/ because all it is doing is raising jourdans chances to get one.
(needs to have level 1-9 tournies sooner or later)

Jourdan
09-28-2002, 11:46 AM
If you're going to make the price higher, just let it be an all kingdom tournement... But it depends on how much a price would be.

And btw, you did say it was a Dustari only event, because you kept talking about how this would promote the kingdom and make people want to join, so they could fight in exclusive battles.

Zach1
09-28-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Jourdan
so they could fight in exclusive battles.

Everything you said was right, except for this. i never said anything like that.

Crovax_Dark_Lord
09-28-2002, 10:32 PM
Bah... I don't plan on being up at 3:00 am so I won't bother, what annoys me with tournements is that lv9 and 10s are already strong, win tourneys and get stronger, leaving lv7+8ers in the cold. I'm lv9 but missed the boat, archer tourneys because of this "time frame" buisness.

Zach1
09-28-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Crovax_Dark_Lord
Bah... I don't plan on being up at 3:00 am so I won't bother, what annoys me with tournements is that lv9 and 10s are already strong, win tourneys and get stronger, leaving lv7+8ers in the cold. I'm lv9 but missed the boat, archer tourneys because of this "time frame" buisness.

Some day im going to have to hold level tournies, 1-9 but as we get higher there will be less and less, and with very few level 9ers, it may be just a duel.

Zach1
09-29-2002, 01:15 AM
Ok, im mistaken. this event WILL be dustari only, unless other kingdoms decide to buy in. it isnt fair that they pay, and everyone has a chance. in future systems, organized wargames will be held, and kingdoms have to pay to participate, the prize will be somthing that strengthens every participant from the winning kingdom.

TerrorBite
09-29-2002, 01:42 AM
hmmm so a nice celebration for dustari buying jordan a ring >_> (ok that was mean, I'm just bored because I my character isn't fixed yet. anyways I hope that it turns out to be a good competition ^.^)