PDA

View Full Version : Graal2002 Unofficial Mushroom Guide

Neonight
09-24-2002, 08:03 AM
For the occasional adventurer, I have compiled a list of mushrooms and their effects. I don't seem to have a full guide, so if you have any information, please add!

White Scaletail Mushroom
Blancius Scalimus madonnis
These are the most common and most basic mushrooms. They're not harmful, and can cure hunger in a second.

Blue Rapidis Mushroom
Azulius Screamius madonnis
These are probably the second most common mushrooms. They're not harmful and can be relatively tasty compared to its cousin, the White Scaletail.

Red Mountain Mushroom
Rojoium Rockium madonnis
These mushrooms are not so common, but they are extremely healthy. The only downside is the horribly bitter taste to this.

Gray Landslide Mushroom
Grisius Mudimum madonnis
I've only seen one of these, and they are extremely rare. After disecting this 'shroom, I found many Spongal Lice (Spongius littericum) in the inner membrane. I disinfected it, and the taste was horrid and it made me sick. Avoid these at all costs.

(Note: Those Latin names were made up. Don't start anything. :p All of the above names are original, so don't think it is their actual name.)

Warning, Adventurers:

It seems these wonderful mushrooms can taste as sweet as sugar, or as bitter as dirt. Viruses/Virii do not discriminate. Please make sure you disinfect ALL food before eating. We take no responsibility to the poisoning of yourself.

- Blythe Arcane, Journalist

Neonight
09-24-2002, 08:23 AM
Ah, while wandering in on the streets of Hirathia, I seem to have been dismissed of the trail. I was attacked by two Battle Mushrooms (Batillium madonnis). While wielding my Naginata, I savagely and unmercifully murdered them. Each of them, apparently, had mushrooms. I will record the documents in this guide.

Whitewater Rapids Mushroom
Blancahydrous Rapidium madonnis

This mushroom is exquisit in taste and hunger restoration. I never knew anything so sweet was created by the Gods. You can evidently see that Bile had no help in this creation. This is, by far, my pick of the litter.

Brick Red Mushroom
Bridium Rojoium madonnis

While tasting very horrible, it seemed to give my stomach a good feeling. I've never experienced anything like this... More investigation is needed.

If I discover any more, I will be sure to post them here.

- Professor and Journalist for Dustari, Blythe Arcane

jeff335
09-25-2002, 09:15 PM
((You'd want those in reverse order, like Madonnis Rapidium Blancahydrous.))

Neonight
09-26-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by jeff335
((You'd want those in reverse order, like Madonnis Rapidium Blancahydrous.))

Kingdom
Phylum
Class
Order
Family
Genus
Species

TerrorBite
10-04-2002, 01:58 PM
yeh : King Phillip Came Over From Great Spain or something like that :P

aylad
10-05-2002, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by TerrorBite
yeh : King Phillip Came Over From Great Spain or something like that :P

King Phillip Came Over For Graduation Speeches.... I don't remember the other one I had to memorize.

cshank4
10-05-2002, 10:46 AM
also you would make it like this
Genus species like that frst word capitalized second word not in ittalices and only 2 words

aylad
10-05-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by cshank4
also you would make it like this
Genus species like that frst word capitalized second word not capitalized, and both in ittalices and only 2 words

Nah, you can have 3 words. Lots of species have subspecies. Of course, if we don't have any of the other subspecies on 2k2, like how he never uses the same species name twice, there's no point to giving the subspecies name...

aylad
10-16-2002, 03:49 AM
Mushroom of Heat Resistance
resist fire +30
food +50

You make up the Latin name..... :D

I don't know yet if the effect is permanent, I'm about to find out though....

Not permanent. :( Better off selling it.