PDA

View Full Version : About the deleted threads

Admins
09-21-2002, 05:02 AM
I have moved a thread to the Graal administrator forum. These forums are not a place for complains about staff or how Graal is run. If you have serious suggestions for making things better then you can let us know them. If you don't want to improve Graal or play Graal then you don't need to do that, but don't try to destroy the community because you are mad of some people. We have to change structures from time to time to make things better working, we don't have the time to discuss staff rights 90% of the time.

Loriel
09-21-2002, 05:05 AM
If you don't have provable reasons to change something, don't do so in the first place.
It's your game and all, but are you aware that a lot of people are unhappy about the recent changes? I am not talking about dismissed staff here, either.
Edit: Hah, so I wasn't all that overreacting when I decided to save Malak's post on my comp.

Torankusu
09-21-2002, 05:06 AM
That's fine, I guess.

I just have one question.
The Playerworld Administration Team. What is going to happen with us when this "council" thing goes into effect?

AlkarenHyralt
09-21-2002, 05:07 AM
you said you moved it to read though?

I am confused.

konidias
09-21-2002, 05:07 AM
You guys, Stefan just said he doesn't have the time to discuss staff rights 90% of the time. If you have a problem, try contacting him or something.

Lyndzey
09-21-2002, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by konidias
You guys, Stefan just said he doesn't have the time to discuss staff rights 90% of the time. If you have a problem, try contacting him or something.

You think I haven't tried?

Loriel
09-21-2002, 05:09 AM
Oh, and why was Alkaren removed from Forum Administration and his Graal Administration job again, after Unixmad rehired him?

konidias
09-21-2002, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Lyndzey

You think I haven't tried?

Well if he is busy, I guess it would take a while. Your rights have only been gone less than 24 hours... I'm sure you'll find out what is going on soon enough.

Er1c
How are people supposed to post thoughts about the administration when the Graal Administration forum is hidden? Why do you delete threads when I make them about konidias and they are the truth, and yet you leave the threads players have made about me and other staff?

How does cutting the staff to three people improve Graal?

I am trying to help. Please realize what you are doing.

Loriel
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt
you said you moved it to read though?

I am confused.
No. He moved it so players don't read it through.

konidias
09-21-2002, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by James

We heard him, we are trying to tell him that it is very difficult to get our messages heard by him or unixmad. Most of the time they just ignore what the players want. Yes, some things the players want are unreasonable, but there are some things that definitely should be changed. Game-play isn't totally what makes a game enjoyable.

Well they are trying to organize things. That is why I'm here, to help them out and allow them to do the things they need to be doing. (Stefan, coding, Unixmad, managing) Although I don't exactly know what is going on right now, my advice is to wait, because eventually there will be answers to your questions.

Milkdude99
09-21-2002, 05:16 AM
There are some things that do not need to be discussed in a open Forum, issues like Staff problems are best done in private , it only tends to bring down the morale of the Graal Community to address it openly.I am sure Unixmad and Stefan are concerned about all player issues and discuss it between themselves , much like my wife (Moon Goddess) and I discuss issues of Npulse in private and not on the Game or on our Forums. But they ARE addressed as I am sure Unixmad and Stefan do.

AlkarenHyralt
09-21-2002, 05:20 AM
*wind of change*

intresting signature Stefan ;O.

That's like the first time you've done anything with your signature, since..well.. I can't remember when :/

Torankusu
09-21-2002, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt
*wind of change*
Reminds me of the Shell commercial.

MalakSylv
09-21-2002, 05:24 AM
Konidias, I don't see how hiring you automatically makes things better, as far as organising Graal. You may do a good job in helping slightly, but one person can't be expected to do EVERYTHING. Why don't you go fix 2k1, and work on 2k2? If you do that, how do you expect to moderate these forums every day, AND answer the repetative questions of the players?

Stefan, I have tried suggesting things before. I sent a three-PM long message to yourself and Unixmad. NEITHER of you replied. I sent another one to Unixmad aksing him if he could just give me any sort of little reply. No reply. I sent you one the other day about a DIFFERENT subject. About my mini game I wanted to make for 2k1, that you liked a lot, but I didn't get to keep you up to date on because I had quit 2k1 after you were interested. You didn't reply. I saw you on 2k2 today and asked you if you received my PMs. You said you would check. You STILL didn't reply.

Do you see the pattern? I think you can understand why i am frustrated. Now, please. Either respond properly and/or privately to me YOURSELF, or have Unximad do this. If I don't get a valid and intelligent reply about why these things have been done, in your opinion "for the better of Graal", or even a reply on how I can help you FIX Graal, to make it the fun game it used to be, then be assured I will repost that thread as many times as it takes, and have others do the same.

Please, stop running from our pleas.

Dach
09-21-2002, 05:26 AM
No matter what Stefan/Unix do, there will always be a group that doesn't like it, whether they have good reason or not. It is their game, if they feel it is a good idea to do something then it is. Popular choice is quite often a load of crap, whatever is most popular is not always the best, or right for that matter, thing to do. I like that they are doing these things to help fix current problems. I hope that more will get done now and Graal will continue to grow as an excellent gaming community.

Milkdude99
09-21-2002, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by MalakSylv
Konidias, I don't see how hiring you automatically makes things better, as far as organising Graal. You may do a good job in helping slightly, but one person can't be expected to do EVERYTHING. Why don't you go fix 2k1, and work on 2k2? If you do that, how do you expect to moderate these forums every day, AND answer the repetative questions of the players?

Stefan, I have tried suggesting things before. I sent a three-PM long message to yourself and Unixmad. NEITHER of you replied. I sent another one to Unixmad aksing him if he could just give me any sort of little reply. No reply. I sent you one the other day about a DIFFERENT subject. About my mini game I wanted to make for 2k1, that you liked a lot, but I didn't get to keep you up to date on because I had quit 2k1 after you were interested. You didn't reply. I saw you on 2k2 today and asked you if you received my PMs. You said you would check. You STILL didn't reply.

Do you see the pattern? I think you can understand why i am frustrated. Now, please. Either respond properly and/or privately to me YOURSELF, or have Unximad do this. If I don't get a valid and intelligent reply about why these things have been done, in your opinion "for the better of Graal", or even a reply on how I can help you FIX Graal, to make it the fun game it used to be, then be assured I will repost that thread as many times as it takes, and have others do the same.

Please, stop running from our pleas.
errrr don't you realize , first off it's immature to keep reposting it an for another it will just get you banned from the Forums (Harressment) and what will that solve?
This a right way to do things and a wrong way and this is not the right way ....:rolleyes: :(

Milkdude99
09-21-2002, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Dach
No matter what Stefan/Unix do, there will always be a group that doesn't like it, whether they have good reason or not. It is their game, if they feel it is a good idea to do something then it is. Popular choice is quite often a load of crap, whatever is most popular is not always the best, or right for that matter, thing to do. I like that they are doing these things to help fix current problems. I hope that more will get done now and Graal will continue to grow as an excellent gaming community.
LOL just talk to the server Managers we get those groups all the time when we change something ... liek OMG you RUINED THE SERVER , you need to be removed...:rolleyes: :p

MalakSylv
09-21-2002, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Milkdude99

errrr don't you realize , first off it's immature to keep reposting it an for another it will just get you banned from the Forums (Harressment) and what will that solve?

I wouldn't post it to be immature, unlike some. I would repost it so that those who didn't get a chance to read it do, and more people can say they agree. Within less than an hour, the thread became two pages long and nearly every post wasone agreeing that soemthing must be done. The ones that weren't were off topic, except for one.

I'm not arguing here tonight about the staff being fired. That does suck a lot, but it's not the main reason I'm frustrated. I'm frustrated because things aren't getting better, they're getting worse. I've tried in the past to offer even my own time to help organise Graal, but I wasn't even granted the decency of a simple "no". Instead, I was just ignored. And countless others have been through the same thing.

People like GodSpeed were given chances, and blew it due to greed and power. Ibonic was given an even BIGGER chance after quitting or ages and returning. Konidias has received a fair chance due to having contributed for some time. But why is it no one else gets a chance?

EDIT: I have work tommorow, so I'll be going to bed now. No more replied from me tonight.

Milkdude99
09-21-2002, 05:43 AM

I wouldn't post it to be immature, unlike some. I would repost it so that those who didn't get a chance to read it do, and more people can say they agree. Within less than an hour, the thread became two pages long and nearly every post wasone agreeing that soemthing must be done. The ones that weren't were off topic, except for one.

I'm not arguing here tonight about the staff being fired. That does suck a lot, but it's not the main reason I'm frustrated. I'm frustrated because things aren't getting better, they're getting worse. I've tried in the past to offer even my own time to help organise Graal, but I wasn't even granted the decency of a simple "no". Instead, I was just ignored. And countless others have been through the same thing.

People like GodSpeed were given chances, and blew it due to greed and power. Ibonic was given an even BIGGER chance after quitting or ages and returning. Konidias has received a fair chance due to having contributed for some time. But why is it no one else gets a chance? Ok let me put it this way then , I understand your frustration BUT if you REALLY want your message to get accross to the "powers at be" then do this , find someone who Stefan and Unximad respect and listen to , plead your case or suggestions to them and maybe they can put it in a way that they might listen , but to doing this in this manner will accomplish nothing at all and you will NEVER be heard at this rate and will be ignored. Approaching a highly controversal subject must be presented in a manner in which is not offensive and reasonable to the other party . Posting it here will only cause trouble for you. Think about what I said and do it in a manner less objectional to Unixmad and Stefan.

freddyfox
09-21-2002, 05:46 AM
Ok let me put it this way then , I understand your frustration BUT if you REALLY want your message to get accross to the "powers at be" then do this , find someone who Stefan and Unximad respect and listen to , plead your case or suggestions to them and maybe they can put it in a way that they might listen , but to doing this in this manner will accomplish nothing at all and you will NEVER be heard at this rate and will be ignored. Approaching a highly controversal subject must be presented in a manner in which is not offensive and reasonable to the other party . Posting it here will only cause trouble for you. Think about what I said and do it in a manner less objectional to Unixmad and Stefan.

That does not work. Malak is right, it's completely impossible to contact upper brass with important questions or concerns about the Game. Even people who play Everquest get a chance to contact the game masters with important queries.

Milkdude99
09-21-2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by freddyfox

That does not work. Malak is right, it's completely impossible to contact upper brass with important questions or concerns about the Game. Even people who play Everquest get a chance to contact the game masters with important queries.
I don't have a problem contacting or talking to Unixmad online, are you saying I am an exception?

freddyfox
09-21-2002, 06:01 AM

I don't have a problem contacting or talking to Unixmad online, are you saying I am an exception?

Yes, because you're one of the few rare people who unixmad gave his ICQ name to.

Lyndzey
09-21-2002, 06:01 AM

takes, and have others do the same.

I remember when I was in French, I hated translating everything.

Maybe Stefan/unixmad didn't reply because they don't like translating a long email to their understanding. It's not as easy for people to understand things in a second language.

Valder
09-21-2002, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Lyndzey

I remember when I was in French, I hated translating everything.

Maybe Stefan/unixmad didn't reply because they don't like translating a long email to their understanding. It's not as easy for people to understand things in a second language.

http://babelfish.altavista.com

The translation may not be great, but you can get the general idea.

Admins
09-21-2002, 06:17 AM
Those translations are easier to understand when translating them back to english and then read them :D
Half of our life is english so you can be sure we can understand all your posts (at least language like)

zell12
09-21-2002, 06:43 AM
Why don't you read the improvments fourm anymore?

Darlene159
09-21-2002, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by zell12
Why don't you read the improvments fourm anymore? How do you know he doesnt?

haunter
09-21-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Darlene159
How do you know he doesnt?

Dan has like... Psyco powers...

zell12
09-21-2002, 07:06 AM
Yes, and the fact that I am always on there, and his name stopped showing up.

Loriel
09-21-2002, 08:08 AM
To me it really seems that Stefan and Unixmad stopped caring about customers when they started developing Graal2002.

Unixmad and Stefan rarely answer me. I am still tracking some PMs to Unixmad that were not read. Probably they were deleted unread, because I am just a little player and could not have anything important to say?

Unixmad, could it be possible that you try to be a little to much professional? You probably have a very organized system of administration, with zero tolerance for mistakes and complaints, and where nobody has more power than needed. But tell me, do you really think that Graal (in a whole, not Graal2002) is doing better than it did before?

I know that this message will probably get my account downgraded once again. But you cannot squelch me by threatening to kick me out of your game...

VampiricTutorNewHD
09-21-2002, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Loriel
To me it really seems that Stefan and Unixmad stopped caring about customers when they started developing Graal2002.

Unixmad and Stefan rarely answer me. I am still tracking some PMs to Unixmad that were not read. Probably they were deleted unread, because I am just a little player and could not have anything important to say?

Unixmad, could it be possible that you try to be a little to much professional? You probably have a very organized system of administration, with zero tolerance for mistakes and complaints, and where nobody has more power than needed. But tell me, do you really think that Graal (in a whole, not Graal2002) is doing better than it did before?

I know that this message will probably get my account downgraded once again. But you cannot squelch me by threatening to kick me out of your game...

Make me beautiful....and amen.