PDA

View Full Version : Graal ported to the Dreamcast?

MalakSylv
09-17-2002, 10:32 PM
I'm aware DC's gone out of buisness, and the last game was released last week, but people on this DC website I visit still make their own ports to it, such as Quake, Doom, and other known games.. and others make their OWN games. Graal on DC could be a basic step forward to porting it to better and more advanced consoles (or so they're called). Also, the DC supports the internet.

Just a thought.

freddyfox
09-17-2002, 10:46 PM
However, it would be difficult to make sales, since it is on a discontinued console.

A mainstream one, like the X-Box would be the best bet.

AlkarenHyralt
09-17-2002, 10:50 PM
Or PS2

MalakSylv
09-17-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by freddyfox
However, it would be difficult to make sales, since it is on a discontinued console.

A mainstream one, like the X-Box would be the best bet.

I meant for it to be free, actually. :P

AlkarenHyralt
09-17-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by MalakSylv

I meant for it to be free, actually. :P

Hi sweetie. ;)

I saw your message ;)

emortylone
09-17-2002, 11:14 PM
LOLz, actually you can burn Dreamcast games, so all it would take is the creation of one and then the iso or image created and then distributed. It gets the marketing out and allows people who do not use the computer frequently and such to play yit and get to know it.
---Shifter

MalakSylv
09-17-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt

Hi sweetie. ;)

I saw your message ;)

hi hunnie. ;)

vovavziggy
09-18-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by emortylone
LOLz, actually you can burn Dreamcast games, so all it would take is the creation of one and then the iso or image created and then distributed. It gets the marketing out and allows people who do not use the computer frequently and such to play yit and get to know it.
---Shifter
According to Minoc people could easily make ISO images for PS2 and Xbox images, and it's not hard to make GBA roms as well

Faheria_LAT3
09-18-2002, 03:09 AM
Will Graal be available on new platform ?
----------------------------------------
We are working on porting Graal before the end of this year to:

- Linux
- Mac OS, OSX
- BEOS

For next year :
- Xbox
- Sony playstation2
- Palm
- Mobile phones
- GBA

I hope the Graal for PS2 and XBox is not a direct port...It should have enhanced graphics. :(

Androk2k1
09-18-2002, 03:34 AM
How can they port it to mobile phones? x.X

gokux33
09-18-2002, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Androk2k1
How can they port it to mobile phones? x.X You can port Pokémon Crystal to cell phones from a GBC/GBA with a device.

Googi
09-18-2002, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by gokux33
You can port Pokémon Crystal to cell phones from a GBC/GBA with a device.

NOA are idiots and removed this feature in the North American version however...

So I didn't buy it.

gokux33
09-18-2002, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Googi

NOA are idiots and removed this feature in the North American version however...

So I didn't buy it. I own every version released in America, including an imported Green version.

LiL_NightFall
09-18-2002, 05:46 AM
A 3D version for the PC would be alot more fun in my opinion. Original monsters(such as bomies), and an original class/fighting system, would be great.

It would take a few years though. :(

I'd be willing to help, if Unix and Stefan decide they want to do a 3D version. ;)

Inphektid
09-20-2002, 04:52 AM
Graal + offline gaming console = :(

Googi
09-20-2002, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by gokux33
I own every version released in America, including an imported Green version.

Why? All the battling you need can be found on online simulators.

LiL_NightFall
09-20-2002, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Googi

Why? All the battling you need can be found on online simulators.

I find that Pokemon sucks either way. It was fun the first time. Ok the second time. The third time was ridiculous. They don't add anything new to it. My advice: Find a new game. :cool:

Excalibur
09-20-2002, 10:25 AM
i was thinkin about graal online game ports and stuff a few days ago actually. Xbox, ps2, the newer systems are all connecting the trend of online gaming. If you could modify the game pad, and stuff you could release a version of graal to play off xbox or ps2 or whatever. You could probably make some cash off that, also. If newer graal versions (2k2 2k1 you know) were made for the systems, and you made enough cash of that, mabe you could make the classic servers free again? (just had to say it) Anyways, i hear talk about graal gameboy. that sounded like a good idea.

jeff335
09-20-2002, 09:22 PM
Personally I think that the Mac port should be the highest porting priority. There are many people who use macs and would not consider buying a PC.

As far as consoles go, I've never owned one and never will, and don't really understand them, but xbox would appear to show some potential for graal, though nothing lacking keyboard and mouse would be fully compatible with Windows graal.

MalakSylv
09-20-2002, 10:12 PM
1) Lil_Nightfall: "Original" monsters aren't bomies. Original means it's new, and not done before.

2) Graal wouldn't be ported to offline only consoles. It would defeat the whole purpose.

Judge_Spunky
09-21-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by MalakSylv
2) Graal wouldn't be ported to offline only consoles. It would defeat the whole purpose.

Exactly. It's the community (mainly) that makes Graal, not the design.

Also, porting Graal on to an offline-only console would be like having CounterStrike on the Super Nintendo.
Obviously the system couldn't support the game, but the point is that it would be a dull and flat game on that kind of system.

Ever-free
09-21-2002, 10:09 AM
Porting to BeOS? What a waste of time. Hardly anyone uses it. ;[

vovavziggy
09-21-2002, 04:21 PM
umm, Dreamcast is an online console.

Judge_Spunky
09-22-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by vovavziggy
umm, Dreamcast is an online console.

We all know that, but the Dreamcast isn't having anything made for it. In other words, it's discontinued. Why design something for a product that you are perfectly aware of that is discontinued?

Excalibur
09-22-2002, 06:09 AM
their are mod chips for ps and ps2 that allow one to play back up copies of games on the ps systems. If you could create something that could be burned to cd, then played on a dreamcast council then it could work? I heard you can play burned games on dream cast without a mod chip.

Xbob41
09-22-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Judge_Spunky

We all know that, but the Dreamcast isn't having anything made for it. In other words, it's discontinued. Why design something for a product that you are perfectly aware of that is discontinued?

Aside from Treasure's latest and greatest masterpiece Ikaruga, there are games being made for it, albeit, they're all dating sims and the sort :/

PS PLAY IKARUGA NOW :O