PDA

View Full Version : Differnt Tags... Same Kingdom

Zurkiba
09-16-2002, 08:04 AM
Why is it like the very start of Kingdoms? Where we cant toguild to anyone or see if someone is online.
Why dont we keep it the way it was... just (Dustari) or (Zormite) or (Forest) etc.

This is getting rather complex and confusing :(

LilNiglet
09-16-2002, 08:36 AM
And no commas in /ksay's. ;-;

jeff335
09-16-2002, 09:25 AM
no comma in ksay is because they did it with tokenize, not #e

DragonX2
09-16-2002, 09:32 AM
If listen had a certain # for kingdom messages that would be the best solution. Just say /listen # (the # being the number of the kingdom) and then you will only listen to kingdom messages :)

cloudstrifevii
09-16-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba
Why is it like the very start of Kingdoms? Where we cant toguild to anyone or see if someone is online.
Why dont we keep it the way it was... just (Dustari) or (Zormite) or (Forest) etc.

This is getting rather complex and confusing :(
you can only toguild or see people with your rank but you can still use /ksay which I think is better than toguilding other than you cant see history

Zurkiba
09-16-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by cloudstrifevii

you can only toguild or see people with your rank but you can still use /ksay which I think is better than toguilding other than you cant see history
Yeah but it gets hard to see the messages when there are about 5 people restarting and restarting and restarting to get a special scroll. And when you're hunting or something you dont have time to read those. So you lose that information... and not to mention you can only have about seven words in your ksays and what about the people with stupid accountnames?

Like a girl could sell an account to a guy and when he ksays it'll say something like
Manly-Soldier imagirl says: Hello

So it sucks for those people and those people who cant read the ksay messages. Which is why we should have toguilds. Because toguilds wait for you untill you are damn ready to read them

Graal2001_NAT
09-16-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by jeff335
no comma in ksay is because they did it with tokenize, not #e
or maybe the mudlibs are comma sensative, since practically everything on 2k2 is in the C scripted mudlibs

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
09-16-2002, 12:10 PM
I don't much like the communication system either, but I must admit, the other components of the system ARE godly, especially that you can add tags anywhere at anytime. Please keep those.

LilNiglet
09-16-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by DragonX2
If listen had a certain # for kingdom messages that would be the best solution. Just say /listen # (the # being the number of the kingdom) and then you will only listen to kingdom messages :)

/listen 2 listens to kingdom messages, and a few "player killed player" messages, but it ignores enter and leave messages. :) use it, it owns all the other listens ^^

Megamaniac
09-18-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by DragonX2

/listen 9

*snoops on dustari*

Aestus
09-19-2002, 03:20 AM
Urgh.

PLEASE remove ksays. They are the single most annoying aspect of 2k2, and I would give anything for good old toguilds. :(