PDA

View Full Version : Scripts

Huggles
05-30-2001, 03:11 AM
Lets say we have a forge and we have supplies what kind of script would we make let say it takes 100 swings to make armor?

freddyfox
05-30-2001, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Huggles
Lets say we have a forge and we have supplies what kind of script would we make let say it takes 100 swings to make armor?

I'll warn you now. Many people around here want to do a trade skill without having to click their S button 10,000 times and get carpal tunnel syndrome.

But, anyways, here:

if(washit){
this.swings ++;
play swordon.wav;
}
if(this.swings == 100){
putnpc blahblahblahblahetc.;
play chest.wav;
this.swings = 0;
}

Pretty basic, hope you find it useful.

CJH
06-08-2001, 03:02 AM
...I don't get it, or i'm just plain stupid. WHat was it supposed to do?

KJS
06-08-2001, 04:59 AM
well I dont like the idea of pressing s or d alot (that is why I am not going to put it in to frolic that much)

but one big thing i have put it in is when people get jailed..

they have to hit stones (600 hits per stone)..

1 stone = 1 graal hour (if you hit d 600 times (w/o stopping))

and then they get warped out automatically once they have done there time

XilosTinsu
06-08-2001, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by KJS
well I dont like the idea of pressing s or d alot (that is why I am not going to put it in to frolic that much)

but one big thing i have put it in is when people get jailed..

they have to hit stones (600 hits per stone)..

1 stone = 1 graal hour (if you hit d 600 times (w/o stopping))

and then they get warped out automatically once they have done there time
LOL Doesn't Graal have something against cruel and unusual punishment?????:D :D :D

KJS
06-08-2001, 05:33 AM
that is not cruel and unusual...

they were jailed for a reason and the reason makes them serve there time (we have it this so way the people can just sign off our server for so long and then the next day or whatever get back on and get out of jail)

XilosTinsu
06-08-2001, 07:01 AM
That's why you edit their attributes with RC saying
DON'T UNJAIL UNTIL 5/8/01
etc.

KJS
06-08-2001, 08:12 AM
NO you dont get it...

we want it so the people have to be in jail and serve there time (on most servers people get jailed and are like well I will just go on another server until my time is up, and they go back on once there time is up and then they get let out...)

See with the way we do it, it automatically unjails the person (so no rc has to be on)

and they have to accually serve there time on the server working to get there time off...

and also we are not giving out many rc's

only admins(lat admin, nat admin, gani admin, events admin) and the owners (me and slp)
have rcs

I mean it is usless if the person can just go on a different server until there time is up (then they will do it again because there really is no punishment there)

I mean like with this way they have to work there way out and most likly they wont do it again because there was something they had to accualy do to get let out and stuff...

Tyhm
06-08-2001, 12:42 PM
Just automate the stone-whacking, so the player's frozen while a string variable decrements. That way they have to spend 6 Graal Hours watching their character breaking rocks.
Or maybe make it so they have to go from rock to rock every 5 minutes, each rock only lasts that long, but they only have to hit the key once

XilosTinsu
06-08-2001, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Just automate the stone-whacking, so the player's frozen while a string variable decrements. That way they have to spend 6 Graal Hours watching their character breaking rocks.
Or maybe make it so they have to go from rock to rock every 5 minutes, each rock only lasts that long, but they only have to hit the key once
Good idea, I Know if I got put in jail on there and had to hit s 23235325532 times, I'd just set up my keyboard to do it.

KJS
06-08-2001, 10:14 PM
well basically that is what i have tyhm... but the part were you move from rock to rock (I have thought about that, and will probably still make it some time) but like right now I only have 1 rock.

not many people get jailed and if they do they can pound on the same rock.... (It does the pounding clientside so no one can steal there rock)

jw XilosTinsu how do you set up your keyboard to press a button automatically

XilosTinsu
06-08-2001, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by KJS
jw XilosTinsu how do you set up your keyboard to press a button automatically
Macros.
Not sure exactly but it could be done.
Is this rock going to be blocking something and after they hit it so many times they can leave and the rock disappears???

KJS
06-08-2001, 11:19 PM
right now the rock doesn't disapear...

but it will soon...

I also might do some animation random times to make it so the player cant set up a macro to do it for 600 hits..

like I mean mabie at every 100 hits I might make it so it moves them around (like to the jail guy you give your rocks to) then to the middle of the level or something like that...

it would prevent macros pretty much...

XilosTinsu
06-09-2001, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure how you have it set up but I wouldn't make the rocks dissapear then go to the door, because they could save the png as a 2x2 file or something small then they could walk right past, unless you have it set flags and stuff of the sort.

KJS
06-09-2001, 12:45 AM
first of all there is no door it is on a island...

here is a pic of it

http://kjl.square-net.com/frolic/pics/pic2.gif

I am saying I could make the rock disapear after they are done with it...

then every once and a while I could make them like walk around so they would have to walk back to there rock to get finished with it...

that would be annoing but like it would stop macros if I have the walk around thing like randomly 5 times per rock... or something

vergil
06-09-2001, 01:05 AM
why not just give players a limit to the amount of whatever it is they are getting out of the rock...

XilosTinsu
06-09-2001, 02:03 AM
Yeah, hey how did you make the clock images appear?

LiquidIce00
06-10-2001, 09:22 AM
on my playerworld .. Unholy Nation..
I just say for example user has 2 hours of jail time.. meaning they gonna spend 2 hours in jail .. and if they go offline .. their time doesnt go down.. pretty basic :)

KJS
06-10-2001, 10:00 AM
that is what happens on my server...

but they have to accually work... like they have to spend 2 graal hours of pressing d (based off my calculations)

so I mean there hand would get tired after a while and still have some more hours to do.. (it makes people learn there lesson)

vergil
06-10-2001, 10:49 AM
we need some other form of getting money besides button pressing. Some kind of teamwork thing. Maybe trading items? Like, you go over to this mine to pick up some diamonds which arent worth money (and dont take a while to get either) until you bring it over to some player that has a hammer to shape it.. you pay that guy money to hammer it then you get half of whats left, in the form of a ring.. you sell that to a merchant who in tern gets it enchanted by an enchanter.. then the diamond can be sold to a wizard for money
see what i mean?

Tyhm
06-10-2001, 12:35 PM
Import-Export trade.
You get paid for how quickly you can carry an item from one town to another.
^_~

(rushes off to Future Improvements)

Inguz
06-10-2001, 12:58 PM
send me a copy when u r done