PDA

View Full Version : Instead of separate threads...

Lugie
03-20-2001, 10:51 AM
Everybody Running for Police Cheif post in this thread, to make it more clear. Here is my case:

Through the past year of playing Graal I have learned alot and expirianced alot. I have had staff positions on playerworlds, started my own servers, and everything. I realize how much it is to be staff and I feel I can handle it if not as well but better than some of the other candidates (no offence to anybody). Every single other person running for this staff position has had a remarkable Graalian carrer, being staff on big servers. I feel it's time to give somebody else a chance, perhaps the little guy. The Game has all of the other staff behind him just for the sake that he is currently a GP on classic server, and I dont think that is fair. It is hard to make it, as a lot of people say "Once staff, always staff," and it's well time to give somebody else a chance. What encouraged me to run is somebody saying "I think Lugie can handle it" in the toalls, thus this post. As a Police member I will give up my favorite thing to do (PK), and make an attempt to slow it down a bit. I won't be corrupt, like everybody else will post, and I will have fun doing this job.

Good luck to all of the other CANDIDATES(Yes, even you game.)!!!

Hulk Hogan
03-20-2001, 10:58 AM
Hello,

This is Lamer my account name is just messed up =P. But anyways I would like to run for Police Chief or Captain. I've had lots of people on Graal New Main tell me personally I should run for it. I just hope I'm not too late to ask to be in the poll for it!! My reason?..Well people ask me to run for it. Also I have some expirence from other servers. Also I think I am mature enough and am online enough. Plus I know who is who and how they act on Graal so I would know who should and shouldn't be in Police. Like I know who is immature and annyoing and who would abuse their power. So I know who should be on Police. Also I would just like to say if had to nominate someone it would but Lyndzey I think she has enough expirence...etc. If I'm not even in the poll I say Vote for her! But If some how I make the poll vote for me or whoever you feel is right for job. This is a job that would need expirence and playing time so just think about that when your voting. I would just like to add that I am also trusthworthy and I believe all Police should be that.

Thank You,

Lamer

P.S.
If I could only pick 5 Police this would be it:

1.The Game (Police Chief) reason: he has exprience, people can trust him.

2.Lyndezey (Asst. Police Chief) reason: same as The Game but he has to have more expirence in that field of Graal so thats why she should be Asst.

3.Lugie (Police) reason: never saw him as staff but there is a first for everything

4.Lamer (Police) reason: ^read^above^

5. And finally......Dante (Police) reason: really the same he can be trusted.

All these people have some expirence and MUST be trusted. I would just like to say "Good Luck" to everyone!

Thanks,

Lamer

Fai
03-20-2001, 10:59 AM
VOTE FOR ME OR DIE

Hulk Hogan
03-20-2001, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Fai
VOTE FOR ME OR DIE

Yeah thats really the best reason I've heard ever! If this guy becomes Police I'll quit Graal.......

FatherDante
03-20-2001, 11:02 AM
I'm very honoured you included me, Lamer, but I really don't want to be on Police, there are better people for the job then me. :)

If you need help from me, I'll help you even though I'm not the police! Non-violent means of reolving problems are the best! :)

Fai
03-20-2001, 11:02 AM
b3tt3r th4n uR m4d3 up l13s

Hulk Hogan
03-20-2001, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Fai
b3tt3r th4n uR m4d3 up l13s

lmao! umm ok yeah learn to write with letters not numbers.

Thanks Dante. I just thought you would be good for it . You always decline staff jobs =P. Why?

Nai
03-20-2001, 11:07 AM
Okay. I am going to run for the Police Chief job along with the other 29,000,000 people. But, well, I will stop PKing, protect people doing events, people that want to keep there Gralat. I will stop the swearing and cussing that people do. Stop the cheating, hacking and everything else that is illegal. I have read through the GP Handbook which is pretty much the same as the Police stratagy and goal. Thank you.Good Luck to everyone else to. Here are some reasons I have expierence:

1. I am an Admin on various servers, CDA, ToT,Graal2001

2. I have had expierence with helping people alot with people on Classic asking me for help.

3. New Friends playing Graal? Need help? I give it to them.

4. I hope other people Good Luck.

5. I have been playing Graal for over a year now.

Thank you for reading my Election Post.

Fai
03-20-2001, 11:07 AM
:eek:

Asuka
03-20-2001, 11:18 AM
Instead of all these lies about why i should be Police Chief i will tell you all my faults.

1. My biggest fault is that i can be really mean and i mean really mean. You've seen the way i act. I can be nice but most of the time i'm mean because i have more enemies than friends.

2. I sorta "cheated" on the val server. I got THT to upload a god npc that gave me basically anything i wanted. It was sorta a mini Rc i just couldn't edit other people's accounts. I didn't really cheat i just sorta used THT and this got way out of proportion.

3. I am unbiased. This may be a good thing but it's also a very bad thing. You see the way the world works is I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine. I don't like it this way and people may get angry at me for that reason.

4. I wouldn't choose my friends as Police. You see this is bad because if i don't choose them i will get a bad rep and therefore not many people will like me. Bad reputations are bad.

5. I argue a lot. Plain and simple.

Thats about it. There's probably more but this is all i can think of offhand.

StoneColdRichie
03-20-2001, 11:20 AM
This is ridiculous

Asuka
03-20-2001, 11:21 AM
Actually i think this is actually 1 really good idea for a thread.

FatherDante
03-20-2001, 11:22 AM
Your honesty is appreciable, Asuka.

I turn down Staff positions, lamer, because people usually end up disliking staff members. A lot of people who get the jobs also get a little messed up and prideful. I'd rather avoid it. And I know, as I usually say, that other people can do a better job and enjoy the position more. So that's basically it. :)

Hulk Hogan
03-20-2001, 11:23 AM
None! Absoueltly none! Haha!
No I have faults but if I was Poice Chief I wouldn't have any faults that would hurt or abuse my job. I WILL be a good police chief if voted . (which I probably won't because no one will vote for me because I have few really good friends just alot of friends that aren't close) Plus TheGame has the most exsprience than anyone running so he should be it. But I belive I should aleast make the team......

SSmutz
03-20-2001, 11:25 AM
i'd love to run for Police Chief (so I can fire Jack and IcePick). but i have no chance of wining

Hulk Hogan
03-20-2001, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by SSmutz
i'd love to run for Police Chief (so I can fire Jack and IcePick). but i have no chance of wining

Isn't that why everyone is running? To fire Ice Pick and Jack?

FatherDante
03-20-2001, 11:28 AM
I think the police staff is being purged no matter what.

But I hope some of them come back, there were some good aussies with the police! ;)

waar
03-20-2001, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Nai
I will stop PKing

you lost my vote!

Nai
03-20-2001, 11:30 AM
that is cheapo! I MIGHT when I am off duty. There is like a 2%/5% of that.

Hulk Hogan
Like who Dante?

Panda?!?!!

SSmutz
well i have other reason i want to run but i also have reason that i dont want to

FatherDante
03-20-2001, 11:31 AM
Yeah, Ultimate the Panda, and Tolerian the former panda!

So sure me, I like pandas!

Hulk Hogan
03-20-2001, 11:33 AM
Panda is cool

Nai
03-20-2001, 11:33 AM
no no no..We need humans

FatherDante
03-20-2001, 11:41 AM
Well... Tolerian is a human now.

Barbi
lol... If this is going to be like a campaign, then I want to hear some impossible to keep promises, see some mud-slinging, and hear all the hot scandals that are just waiting to be broken wide open. :D

Seriously though, Police Chief is a more administrative position, right? Everyone says they're going to stop PKing... I want to know how. Given the limitations of the position, how would you go about getting people to stop PKing? How would you chose who else would be made police? Address the issues. lol

Lugie
hah, i said i would SLOW pking, not halt it, without it graal wouldnt have as many arguments and it wouldnt be as fun. for alot of us toalls and pking is all we have left. if pking off duty is legal, then i would do it, but if it is illigal then i guess i would have to give it up, for the sake of being police cheif, which would give me another thing to do. ahhhhhh, i love graal :p. oh yes, another good quality to have for police cheif is being online alot, for me, i am on graal whenever i get a chance, i just cant get enough of it. i will probably post in another 2 minutes so...

FatherDante
03-20-2001, 11:44 AM
"i am on graal whenever i get a chance, i just cant get enough of it. "

I like you a lot more already! :D

Tyhm
03-20-2001, 11:50 AM
I move that all (Police) are required to be Pandas, or in Panda suits, from now on!
All in favor?

(Starts a poll...reply there instead)

03-20-2001, 11:53 AM
Hello I am Wing, alot of you may not know me, and thats understandable. Let me give you some background, I was a GP on the server Mithica (now i'm an admin). I tried to do my job the best I could, although I didnt do it perfectly (noone is perfect). If you want to vote for me for P Chief, by all means do it. If I was Police Chief, I'd do my job to the best of my ability, help people where help is needed, jail people for fair reasons. Although you may not beleve this because you probably do not know me, i'm not saying im perfect, or the best person for the job, but I know i could do the job very well. Also i have had Lvl 3 RC experience. Although i have not been in the big time, I think i could do well. If you beleve I am qualified, by all means vote for me (for Police Chief or, heck as a regular Police).

This is Wing signing out.

FatherDante
03-20-2001, 11:54 AM
Hey, Wing, good to see you in the running.

Wow, so many qualified candidates...

StoneColdRichie
03-20-2001, 11:55 AM
Stefan will make it so only a few will be candidates.

Lugie
03-20-2001, 11:58 AM
ARGH GAME WE KNOW YOU'VE SAID IT THOUSANDS OF TIMES... you're really angering me >=(

FatherDante
03-20-2001, 12:00 PM
I hope he doesn't. I'd like for everyone who wants to try for it to get a chance.

03-20-2001, 12:01 PM
I predict that when i get on Graal2001 i will see about 1000 PMs saying "VOTE ME FUR POLICE CHIEF!" , no offense.

FatherDante
03-20-2001, 12:10 PM
Surprisingly, after an initial rush of "vote for me" mass pms, not many people mentioned it.

Lugie
03-20-2001, 12:28 PM
if i dont make it as police cheif i wont care so much, its just so i can prove my point, and i feel i have. game please let me be, stop slashing everything i say and get off the "kills" subject, please. theres always room for change.

Asuka
03-20-2001, 01:01 PM
5 bucks says it will be Game, Lyndzey, Tybalt, Jack
because 3 of them are friends then there's jack who started it all. Welcome to graal where nothing is fair.

03-20-2001, 03:14 PM
I doubt very much that i'll win.

FatherDante
03-20-2001, 04:05 PM
I don't think so, Asuka. What happens remains to be seen. :)

Lycia
03-20-2001, 05:02 PM
I vote The Game as Police Chief becuase he's leet.

Yamizitzu
03-20-2001, 06:15 PM
Pandas are much smarter then most humans so i agree with tyhm.....

Ultimate

Shayde
03-20-2001, 06:17 PM
I like cheese.

Lugie
03-21-2001, 01:09 AM
yeah lycia, your're vote counts 5x more than all of the others, because you're and admin, right? this pisses me off, you guys wont let anybody else have a chance. somebody else should have a chance. game has had his chance already and he has quit, thats his fault. i guess im losing now, but i dont want to come otu of this with one less friend... have fun as cheif game, although you said all police were "***" and "shouldnt exist".

sniperjoe10
03-21-2001, 02:06 AM
Hi! As I said in another post, I'm also in the running! :D
I have a lot of experience of being a GP, so I obviously have experience, and I have a lot of free time on my hands.

Lycia
03-21-2001, 02:10 AM
I still say The Game should be Police Chief.

03-21-2001, 05:23 AM
I'm not just voting for Game because he is my friend, I am also voting for him because he would be the best for the job in my eyes.
Sure, it may seem like he is this big, mean, power dictator who will jail anyone he doesn't like, but it isn't that way.
I am still waiting for someone to cite an example of when Game has unfairly jailed someone on Classic or has abused his power.

03-21-2001, 05:25 AM
I'm voting for thegame for the same reasons INF

Aidoggy
03-21-2001, 05:28 AM
yay vote for everybody!!

HiryuuX
03-21-2001, 05:45 AM
I would vote for The Game: Well, I've known Game-o for awhile now, since we were in Baddies together on old main. I think he can be trusted with a position of power, he's already proven it twice by being a good GP and a Events Team Admin. And in the end Game is kind of all the players. I think Dante would make a good policeman also, he seems to be intelligent and I could see him doing a good job also. But forget all that I just said, it all comes down to...ICEPICKFORPREZ!!!

FatherDante
03-21-2001, 07:05 AM
TheGame would do well, but so would Lugie. I think maybe it's more important that both are in Police.

Asuka
03-21-2001, 07:08 AM
Durr this is hopeless the game is going to win and become admin again. Why don't you all shut up now.

Asuka
03-21-2001, 07:09 AM
Isn't this ironic though the game becoming Police Chief when all they are is pointless right game-o?

FatherDante
03-21-2001, 07:09 AM
Even if he is Police Chief, it's not an admin position. And, I don't think that it's guaranteed at all.

Asuka
03-21-2001, 07:15 AM
Nah Game has by far the popular vote. He also has the votes from a number of admins. Face it dante he has won and I believe it will become an admin position for one reason. When game become PC since he has so much "experience" with rc they will give him one.

SSmutz
03-21-2001, 07:17 AM
my experience:
- GP on Npulse, this was my best experience since there was always around 100 people online and i was also the only one that was usually online late at night. i quit when i decided to take a break from all of graal for a few months.
- GP on Coasta de Agua, i was GP there before it became a PW and a few days after it became a PW. i quit cuz i never got my RC and all i had was a damn tag.

i've also been GP, Admin, etc. on other severs, but none of them are PWs now (except Npulse and CDA)

Lugie
03-21-2001, 10:54 AM
I think i still have a bit of a chance. It's just that ALOT of people don't even know this message board exist and some of they might vote this way rather than Game's. Oh well, I can't do anything about it, Stefan post soon we have to stop flooding the boards with all of this Police Cheif crap and get it over with!

oh yeah, Game if i became cheif i WOULD hire you, just because i have a general respect for you.

FatherDante
03-22-2001, 03:05 PM
When election time comes, you should campaign in the game itself and tell people to come here and vote for you.

That's what I'd do anyway. That strategy is recommended for all candidates, not just Lugie, of course.

Hulk Hogan
03-22-2001, 03:19 PM
The Game will win enough said!

FatherDante
03-22-2001, 03:23 PM
I don't think that's guaranteed. It's still up for grabs, and may the best win!

Lugie
03-23-2001, 01:24 AM
Thats what I was planning to do Dante, don't worry =)

Lycia
03-23-2001, 02:16 AM
I don't think he was worrying.

FatherDante
03-23-2001, 02:32 PM
I was worrying that Lugie would drop out...