PDA

View Full Version : Ratingness of this level

PurgatoryIE
09-11-2002, 05:37 AM
Rate and post what can be improoved and/or taken away from it. It's from a server i'm makin.

Oh yeah, the bottom part, don't mind that it's not being worked on yet.

Knuckles
09-11-2002, 05:52 AM
Overkill on detail, and no walking space O_o..
If the level is just for show then.. I dunno =x

evilive
09-11-2002, 05:57 AM
Too Much detal :(

PurgatoryIE
09-11-2002, 06:04 AM
I dunno how there can be too much detail? I guess i did it like that cause it's "Swamparia", and there's not alot of walking space in swamps. the dirt and water part is a path that leads up to a town and to a temple

zell12
09-11-2002, 07:08 AM
Usually you make a path, water holes, etc... before adding trees and detail :O

Torankusu
09-11-2002, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by zell12
Usually you make a path, water holes, etc... before adding trees and detail :O I don't know about you, but I plot out my basic level structure before I add anything like a path or "detail."

SingleChance
09-11-2002, 09:35 AM
i usually put trees and water (if there is any) before anything else

Knuckles
09-11-2002, 09:42 AM
I dunno 'bout everyone else..
but the better level makers like myself-close their eyes and click randomly...

taz-graal
09-11-2002, 10:37 AM
Swamparia? How creative :p

Not bad of a level.

6.5/10

Timpan3
09-11-2002, 08:30 PM
Quite nice, but the title aint so original =O 7.5/10

I make my house first... then, then i go on here and do this face :D

VampiricTutorNewHD
09-12-2002, 01:50 AM
5/10. I was kind of mixed, because while the detail does fit the swamp theme the cliffs are a bit too straight in my opinion.

Also, for the record, I make paths cliffs first(if applicable), then water(if applicable), then trees, then paths. Mostly because I don't want my paths to shape my levels, I want my layout to. It provides randomness in paths.

haunter
09-12-2002, 02:13 AM
One question... WHERE IS THE SWAMP?

cloudstrifevii
09-12-2002, 04:58 AM
=/ thats a pointless level

SingleChance
09-12-2002, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by cloudstrifevii
=/ thats a pointless level

all servers have pointless levels, they are so that the player can wonder around if they want to and explore

PurgatoryIE
09-12-2002, 05:09 AM
Yeah, you have to do wandering around on this server to get to towns and to quests. Not going to be like mosts server when towns are 3 levels apart. Also, with some of our NPC's, it makes it easy to navigate through the rivers and such.

WanDaMan
09-12-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Knuckles
Your assuming your better, its a good level so what if he is new and a bit over detailed but show them ur damm forest u made for frolic the marsh is wrong and u added some crap tiles what dont suit >.
Over all how u acted by saying ur better id agree with any sane person that would most lickly not agree but PurgatoryIE is a better LAT then u how u acted when u posted ur post, a true LAT dosnt critisize and show off like some know it all lamer a true LAT is suppose to help not critisize!
Id say 7/10 just needs a little help=)

Timpan3
09-12-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by WanDaMan

Your assuming your better, its a good level so what if he is new and a bit over detailed but show them ur damm forest u made for frolic the marsh is wrong and u added some crap tiles what dont suit >.
Over all how u acted by saying ur better id agree with any sane person that would most lickly not agree but PurgatoryIE is a better LAT then u how u acted when u posted ur post, a true LAT dosnt critisize and show off like some know it all lamer a true LAT is suppose to help not critisize!
What's with you ? You don't have to tell everyone what to do and think, or what's wrong and right , and stop judging people.

nikoma5000
09-19-2002, 04:33 PM
it's nice. 5/10

Timpan3
09-19-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by WanDaMan

a true LAT is suppose to help not critisize!
Ahahahaha! The irony, true LAT's are suppose to help eh? Well then he's not a "true LAT" himself because he didn't help, FUNNY!!1@@

Knuckles
09-21-2002, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Knuckles

Hey Wan...
Your just dumb, and don't know how to read correctly..

As you can see, it was a joke... and in the previous post, i told him what I htough about the level, and what he could possibly change. Go to hell you POS. You critisize other peoples work all the time and frankley, you don't know **** :P.

*Excuse my language O_o*