PDA

View Full Version : Personal house changes (not villa ones)

Loriel
09-07-2002, 07:58 AM
Each playerhouse inside will get deleted. The playerhouse owner gets a chance to design a new inside that fits into this rule. It has to be of high quality. If the owner cannot or does not want to send in such a level, a new one will be made by staff. Elements from the old houses may be used. There can be rooms which can only be opened by the owner of a certain key, but not too many. Each playerhouse should have an unique style.
It is important that the house inside is not inapproriately big compared to the outside. Also it has to be roughly the same shape. Twin houses (like 7 and 10) should look like mirrored, and have doors inbetween them.
There are no NPCs but the standard house NPCs, decoration/ambience NPCs like lamps or custom graphic mobiliary. No light effects that have no source, like a lamp. No non-medieval things. No ways to earn money (farming areas, pearls).
The rent will be assigned according to the house size, the amount of levels and rooms. The money will automatically be taken out of the house chest once every week. If there is not enough money in the chest, the house owner will not be able to enter the house anymore. Then (s)he can choose to either pay the missing amount, which increases by time passing, or to give up the house and receive a set amount.
House owners can request that things are added, changed or removed, as long as it fits the rules. However, they will not be given the house level, nor may they send in their own one.

If you got a valid problem with one of those, you can tell me.
I will probably disable houses until their owner sends in a valid level. They can go to [email protected]

Googi
09-07-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Loriel

Each playerhouse inside will get deleted. The playerhouse owner gets a chance to design a new inside that fits into this rule. It has to be of high quality. If the owner cannot or does not want to send in such a level, a new one will be made by staff. Elements from the old houses may be used. There can be rooms which can only be opened by the owner of a certain key, but not too many. Each playerhouse should have an unique style.

Fine.

It is important that the house inside is not inapproriately big compared to the outside. Also it has to be roughly the same shape. Twin houses (like 7 and 10) should look like mirrored, and have doors inbetween them.

Uhh...how big is "innapropriatly big", mine is the same shape, but still, how big is "innapropriatly big" for PH2 (Mine is only two levels, which is small compared to most PHs)

There are no NPCs but the standard house NPCs, decoration/ambience NPCs like lamps or custom graphic mobiliary. No light effects that have no source, like a lamp. No non-medieval things. No ways to earn money (farming areas, pearls).

I have no problem remove my bar, but as for the non medieval things.

I have a poem in my house.

Some say the world will end in fire
Others, ice
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire

In the second room...

But if it had to perish twice
Destruction ice is also great
And would suffice

It's by Robert Frost

I would very much like to keep it, and I don't think it's terribly non-medieval.

The rent will be assigned according to the house size, the amount of levels and rooms. The money will automatically be taken out of the house chest once every week. If there is not enough money in the chest, the house owner will not be able to enter the house anymore. Then (s)he can choose to either pay the missing amount, which increases by time passing, or to give up the house and receive a set amount.

Formulas plz

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Loriel
[B]
House owners can request that things are added, changed or removed, as long as it fits the rules. However, they will not be given the house level, nor may they send in their own one.

Fine with me.

zell12
09-07-2002, 08:25 AM
Spiffy Idea, but Androks house with your light script will die, and that isn't good :(

Loriel
09-07-2002, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Googi
Uhh...how big is "innapropriatly big", mine is the same shape, but still, how big is "innapropriatly big" for PH2 (Mine is only two levels, which is small compared to most PHs)
Well, first your house does not look like a house. It should not be a giant volcana cave, and a bunch of frozen rooms to get the maximal profit. It should serve a houselike purpose.
I think it is too big, you could have the first level a little smaller, and have a tiny second level (since there is an exit upstairs).

I have a poem in my house.
That's okay, I think

Loriel
09-07-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by zell12
Spiffy Idea, but Androks house with your light script will die, and that isn't good :(
Androk could script a mage that is doing light shows to entertain visitors :P

Googi
09-07-2002, 08:31 AM
Suprise suprise.

The rooms are representative of the poem. It has nothing to do with profit, incase you didn't notice, only one person has a key, and I have never charged rent on them, I don't think funnylink even plays anymore.

Loriel
09-07-2002, 08:34 AM
Suprise suprise.

The rooms are representative of the poem. It has nothing to do with profit, incase you didn't notice, only one person has a key, and I have never charged rent on them, I don't think funnylink even plays anymore.
Couldn't you split your main room into two parts and decorate one of them with light blue and white tones, having glittering ice mine tiles, and the other part with fire decoration and torches?
You don't need many rooms for your poem :P

Googi
09-07-2002, 08:36 AM

Couldn't you split your main room into two parts and decorate one of them with light blue and white tones, having glittering ice mine tiles, and the other part with fire decoration and torches?
You don't need many rooms for your poem :P

It's a "knockoff" of TrueHeat's origional design, because the re-making of it pissed him off.

And that would clash. Horribly.

magicbud3344
09-07-2002, 08:38 AM
i think it is all ok But the light thing :(
why can't lights apear out of nowhere :(:(:(
fine i will re-do my house if i have to =/
but what about location, i have a kickass inside but teh resnt is low DO TO IT IS OUT IN TEH MIDDLE OF NO WHERE >:[

Valder
09-07-2002, 08:56 AM
I wish all my money on 2k1 wasn't gone... Maybe hippie has it...

Torankusu
09-08-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Valder
I wish all my money on 2k1 wasn't gone... Maybe hippie has it... if you want mine, you can have some.
how much do you need?

Loriel
09-09-2002, 04:30 PM
So, as this thread has been around for long enough, could every house owner please contact me (forum PM, email, ICQ, whatever) and tell me when he will send in a new house inside, or if we should create one. If you believe your current house inside is good enough, please contact me anyways so I can prove you wrong ;)

Please remember to try your best, because we only want the best quality for Graal2001! If it's just a stack of rentable rooms, your submission may be declined.

Duo
09-10-2002, 04:15 AM
So, as this thread has been around for long enough, could every house owner please contact me (forum PM, email, ICQ, whatever) and tell me when he will send in a new house inside, or if we should create one. If you believe your current house inside is good enough, please contact me anyways so I can prove you wrong ;)

Please remember to try your best, because we only want the best quality for Graal2001! If it's just a stack of rentable rooms, your submission may be declined.

what about serenas house?

its already fantastic

neo_the_swordsman
09-10-2002, 06:40 AM

If you got a valid problem with one of those, you can tell me.
I will probably disable houses until their owner sends in a valid level. They can go to [email protected]

Cool

magicbud3344
09-10-2002, 06:57 AM
ok i am done with my new house inside but lamer is changin somethin for me, but how can i get it to you loriel :O?
i don't know any of yrou e-mailz or aims

Loriel
09-10-2002, 07:14 PM
Geno:

Duo: It is nice, but it could be better. Also, it lacks wall tiling, and there is an ugly level that's just four big rooms with nothing in them. If you warp out of the "vaults", you appear not exactly in the middle, which makes it look cheap. The bomy sometimes walks into walls, and the bar got a tiling error.

Loriel
09-11-2002, 12:12 AM
By next weekends I will disable houses with no good insides and start making new insides. The houses stay disabled until insides are finished.

magicbud3344
09-11-2002, 03:51 AM
i thought @graalonline was discontinued 0_o
ok i will e-mail you soon ^_^
but it kinda takes the fun out of Personal houses if the player's levels don't get accepted, i mean if they are legal ect ect

Loriel
09-14-2002, 02:43 AM
Uhm, you all should have sent in your levels by now. Did you?

Googi
09-14-2002, 02:57 AM
Uhm, you all should have sent in your levels by now. Did you?

I have not.

Because the deadline (Sunday) has not passed yet.

Loriel
09-14-2002, 03:08 AM
I have not.

Because the deadline (Sunday) has not passed yet.
I said I will disable the houses at the weekend, not after.

jeff335
09-14-2002, 05:24 AM
If you want, I'll remove the bomy and fix the vault exit. As for the vaults themselves, they are meant to be storage, not bedrooms or something.

magicbud3344
09-14-2002, 06:28 AM
ok this is my PH i put up to follow the rules, the lights can go on and off in teh first room and stay off in teh second, yes it is a bit laggy but i will take out teh music and the red lights in my room, the commands for the big light is open chest close chest, i mean if yeah i am not a 100% awsome LAT but i combined 4 rooms into 2 so it would not cost alot then he says i have 10 rooms it will be expinsive, and i don't see how seeing i only have 2 rooms and all PH's have 10 keys he is counting teh secons of my bedrooms 10 room and said it would be expinsive and then he said it will not go up ebcuase it is ulgy =/ i eman a Personal house is for people to make seieng teh word PERSONAL and i said so it may be ugly and he said it represents graal 2001, well not really seeing it is a personal hosue and only people i want in it can go in =/ i think that this is bullshit, here is my house

maybe they shuold jsut call them server hosues seeing players can't make thier own houses =/

magicbud3344
09-14-2002, 08:14 AM
never mind loriel made me a really cool lebel :O
teh level is extramly awsome but it isn't FUN :(
and i have 4 rooms and 2 have nothing in them and teh rent went from 200 to 245...i think i am just going to sell my most prized posation
anotehr edit, the new PH system is not taht good, i live in a mine and it costs me 245..i have 4 rooms 0 1 2 3 and in 2 of the rooms there i just a chair :[
even beds coast money...this sucks :(!

Loriel
09-14-2002, 08:59 AM
What do you expect? A castle with 20 levels and 10 rentable rooms and free stuff for key owners, and a rent of 5 gralat?

magicbud3344
09-14-2002, 09:04 AM
no,a 1 or 2 room level with sepertae sections for each key owner and a rent of 200g, what it was seeing i live out on teh cornor of MT.Antoria, and seeing you did not except my PERSONAL HOUSE becuase it is "ugly" =/
i don't see why you did mine first, you coudl ahve done them all and then put tehm all up at teh same time so it would be fair, i think this is bullshit loriel =/

gloop
09-14-2002, 09:59 PM
wow, this is *****ic

at least houses will get renters again, now that people grop grallets when they die

Androk2k1
09-14-2002, 11:27 PM
So... what is rent for me PH now?! IT BETTER BE LOWER THEN 900g! x.x I want it at around 500...

And what is the rule? High Quality? Any othe guidelines?

magicbud3344
09-15-2002, 01:28 AM
androk if you want your rent to be 500g your probley only going to ahev 4 player rooms in 1 level, this is lame >:[