PDA

View Full Version : Pearl inflation

Loriel
09-06-2002, 09:53 PM
Because the market was recently overflown by pearls, there is now less request and the price has sunken to one gralat for five white pearl.

Googi
09-06-2002, 10:50 PM
Smooth move. Now Newbies are infinitly owned by people like me who are living off of their bigass fortune they made from pearl diving when it was still 1g/pearl.

Loriel
09-06-2002, 11:06 PM
Still Pearl Diving as much overpowered.
Any other suggestions how to fix economy? ;)

Googi
09-06-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Loriel

I haven't pearl dived for over a month.

Reset.

Loriel
09-07-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Googi
Reset.
Stefan doesn't want it, and the economy would get destroyed again.

Minoc
09-07-2002, 12:56 AM
Edit all of the jobs to give more gralats.

zell12
09-07-2002, 02:10 AM
Tools for jobs cost too much, and grosse is too small. "free jobs" like pearl diving give too less of a grosse to buy tools for bigger paying jobs.... So its very ***ish if you ask me.
Also, the jobs take too long to complete, like farming.

Googi
09-07-2002, 03:00 AM

Stefan doesn't want it, and the economy would get destroyed again.

Well, no it wouldn't, because the bugs that destroyed it (Farming bug, Fishing Bug, Mining Bug etc...) are gone.

And if you were smart and kept a closer eye on Gralats this time round, hacking wouldn't be a problem.

James
09-07-2002, 03:12 AM
I think you should either have to buy the tools for a ton, or do some hard quests for them.

Googi
09-07-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by James
I think you should either have to buy the tools for a ton, or do some hard quests for them.

That doesn't work either, because it also hurts newbies who haven't bought the tools already.

Loriel
09-07-2002, 03:27 AM
Googi, it's not the bugs who made lotsa Gralats appear. It's the players who have nothing better to do than pressing D all night.

Googi
09-07-2002, 03:32 AM
Googi, it's not the bugs who made lotsa Gralats appear. It's the players who have nothing better to do than pressing D all night.

Oh yeah, and BEING ABLE TO BREAK A ROCK IN ONE HIT AND FARMING 8 TREES AT A TIME HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Minoc
09-07-2002, 03:33 AM
The only solution: less work, more money

Neglegence2002
09-07-2002, 04:01 AM
Once again, reset.

Googi
09-07-2002, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Neglegence2002

Once again, reset.

My kinda guy :)

disaster
09-07-2002, 04:06 AM
The only reason the economy went down is because people are paying WAY too much for hats. his is how it started... people quit and gave all their stuff to their friends that were noobs. Then those noobs used the money to buy hats at OVERPRICED prices.... then they started to keep them and collect them. Now every single hat in graal is worth over 100g because nobody sells hats anymore and its rare to find somebody who will. I just say a blue knight hat go for over 200g just yesterday when like 2 months ago it only went for like 40. We dont need a server reset.... what we need is a hat reset. Everybody loses their hats and then what we do is make it so you can only buy 1 hat per day AND close some hat shops then open the hat shops back up as time goes by. I do belive that will help the economy a great deal.

Googi
09-07-2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by disaster
The only reason the economy went down is because people are paying WAY too much for hats. his is how it started... people quit and gave all their stuff to their friends that were noobs. Then those noobs used the money to buy hats at OVERPRICED prices.... then they started to keep them and collect them. Now every single hat in graal is worth over 100g because nobody sells hats anymore and its rare to find somebody who will. I just say a blue knight hat go for over 200g just yesterday when like 2 months ago it only went for like 40. We dont need a server reset.... what we need is a hat reset. Everybody loses their hats and then what we do is make it so you can only buy 1 hat per day AND close some hat shops then open the hat shops back up as time goes by. I do belive that will help the economy a great deal.

Hahaha, howboutno. That's way unfair (Keep in mind I only own one non-free hat), and the complaining would never end.

Server reset resets hats aswell you know.

Minoc
09-07-2002, 04:34 AM
Hat restocks harmed the economy too =\
Many people bought rare hats for hundreds of gralats, after the restocks, the hats' values dropped, so they were screwed =\

albus777
09-07-2002, 04:55 AM
Well I'll tell you this much.
Don't say you will reset 2k1 and not do it because that will just make your economic problems worse.

Glory
09-07-2002, 05:08 AM
OK Seeing as though I was called a "bandwagon jumping idiot" I want a reset too.:rolleyes:

Aestus
09-07-2002, 05:23 AM
[email protected]$#

Add a set amount of gralats to the server, and never, never add any more. Give each job a certain amount of gralat, a portion of which is given to people who bring them gems, apples, whatever, and the jobs gain back money only when people buy the jobs' respective products (like bread from the bakery). You might have to add some new items (jewelry from the mining, for example) and give food some more uses, but it would work. A server reset would still be needed, however.

Minoc
09-07-2002, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Aestus
[email protected]$#

Add a set amount of gralats to the server, and never, never add any more. Give each job a certain amount of gralat, a portion of which is given to people who bring them gems, apples, whatever, and the jobs gain back money only when people buy the jobs' respective products (like bread from the bakery). You might have to add some new items (jewelry from the mining, for example) and give food some more uses, but it would work. A server reset would still be needed, however.
Like in Russia? :P

Googi
09-07-2002, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Glory
OK Seeing as though I was called a "bandwagon jumping idiot" I want a reset too.:rolleyes:

Haha

Glory (Hated)

Hated was such a good guild to before Tiki deleted it :(

Neglegence2002
09-07-2002, 05:45 AM

Haha

Glory (Hated)

It was remade on Bravo, ;)

Glory
09-07-2002, 05:51 AM

Haha

Glory (Hated)

I think I will start acting like Googi...maybe we can make people leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg rox on. Yes hated owned my socks =( but I think half of these people deserve to be in it more than us and i am just starting to wonder why i am not making sense no more LOL

--Chris--
09-07-2002, 06:20 AM
i won't mind a reset myself

Googi
09-07-2002, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Glory
I think I will start acting like Googi...

Bad idea.

Anything tied to "Googi" is instantly lame and annoying, and insulting anything tied to "Googi" is instantly witty and fresh.

Glory
09-07-2002, 06:29 AM

Bad idea.

Anything tied to "Googi" is instantly lame and annoying, and insulting anything tied to "Googi" is instantly witty and fresh.

aw noi i am sad

Vyse_the_Blue_Rogue
09-07-2002, 09:59 AM

Bad idea.

So does that mean wanting a reset is lame and annoying?
Guess I'm lame and annoying then...

Googi
09-07-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Vyse_the_Blue_Rogue

So does that mean wanting a reset is lame and annoying?
Guess I'm lame and annoying then...

Although I want a server reset, people don't assosiate resets with me.

Amagius
09-07-2002, 10:39 AM

Although I want a server reset, people don't assosiate resets with me.

Just the Name Googi, Bomies, and Mining Caps. ;)

Judge_Spunky
09-07-2002, 12:50 PM
If 2k1 got reset, I'd play.
I'm not interested much in playing 2k1 right now, because the economy is completely out of whack. The most basic things (not including tools and other equipment) cost at least 100g, and that's only for the cheapest, most ugly or useless item. What I'm describing here, are the hats.
In my opinion, the whole server needs to be reset, and the hats should be available to everyone, in every type, for free. Either that, or simply make it so the hats don't have a limited quantity in shops.
I feel that wearing a hat sort of depicts your personality, and I myself wouldn't mind wearing a particular hat from time to time, depending on how I feel. Unfortunately, that option isn't available to me, or the majority of players, due to hats being overpriced, too big of a demand, and too low of a quantity.

Flamingblaze
09-07-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Minoc

Edit all of the jobs to give more gralats. yeah

disaster
09-07-2002, 09:00 PM
That idea deffinatly wont work. If hats were free.... what would be the point of having money? And if you say to by bomys and player houses.... welll firt the players then owuld have to make 10k by mining or something before they can get something. and that takes like 8 months to do. Buying hats for less and selling them for more is how lots of people make money. People also like collectiong hats... they like the feeling that they are the ones with most hats and nobody else isnt. BUT i still want a hat reset. Googi... your talking about having a server reset.... well guess what..... people will complain about that too.... its in peoples nature to complain.... theres no way to prevent that.... and like i said.... you would close some hat shops and only leave a few open with the non expensive items. Then you should lower the prices in the other hat shops and make them less expensive and then open those up as time goes on. This is how i feel.... hats should not be worth ovver 3k.... thats how the server died. Cause staff made a billion hats over 3k. I think we should also start off in the begging with the old graal hats. Such as plunger.... that used to be sold for like 50g..... i think it should be sold for 50g now.... so we should put that in the new hat shops for less.....

Googi
09-07-2002, 09:10 PM
The fact that only reseting hats HUGELY favors people who aren't interested in hats (i.e. Me), will give the hat people a legitimate argument however.

disaster
09-07-2002, 09:20 PM
but just think about it.... Hackers have been hacking to get rare hats and everything. If the server had a hat reset then there wouldnt be any hacked hats anymore. Googi... you dont think a hat reset wont help the economy??? why? tell me... IT would deffinatly increas the market population.....

Googi
09-07-2002, 09:22 PM
but just think about it.... Hackers have been hacking to get rare hats and everything. If the server had a hat reset then there wouldnt be any hacked hats anymore. Googi... you dont think a hat reset wont help the economy??? why? tell me... IT would deffinatly increas the market population.....

So would a server reset.

And a server reset is more fair.

disaster
09-07-2002, 09:42 PM
But googi..... stefan doesnt want to give a server reset.... if you want to fix the economy without giving a reset then do a hat reset. Do you think it would at least help the economy googi?

Googi
09-07-2002, 09:47 PM
But googi..... stefan doesnt want to give a server reset.... if you want to fix the economy without giving a reset then do a hat reset. Do you think it would at least help the economy googi?

If Stefan doesn't want a server reset, he won't want a hat reset either.

disaster
09-07-2002, 09:49 PM
answer my question though..... do you think it would help the economy?

Googi
09-07-2002, 09:51 PM
answer my question though..... do you think it would help the economy?

No, it would only shift the balance of who ruled the economy from the "marketeers" over to people disinterested in hats.

RichKevin
09-08-2002, 03:10 PM
The only solution is a reset simple as that, nothing else is gunna do

Lets say we start off with 10 people,

in a month our two three people get bored so they quit

now we have 7

and maybe 1 joins

so we have 8

and the 3 that quit gave away all their stuff,

so now everybody else is richer,

and then when theres hardly anyone anymore those ppl will be super duper rich

klonoaEX
09-08-2002, 03:35 PM
Urashima:

Now I'm seriously not going to upgrade my account.

Pearl diving was one of the best jobs on 2k1.

UrashimaX
09-10-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by klonoaEX
Urashima:

Now I'm seriously not going to upgrade my account.

Pearl diving was one of the best jobs on 2k1.

Haha, I upgraded anyways ;]

Aestus
09-11-2002, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Aestus
[email protected]$#

EVERYTHING FIXED.

Vyse_the_Blue_Rogue
09-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by UrashimaX

Haha, I upgraded anyways ;]

You! Where did you get your sig? Or did you make it?

UrashimaX
09-11-2002, 11:32 AM

You! Where did you get your sig? Or did you make it?

I made it.

I'm the real Urashima, eh.

Vyse_the_Blue_Rogue
09-11-2002, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by UrashimaX

I made it.

I'm the real Urashima, eh.

Yes, and I'm the real Vyse ;)

UrashimaX
09-11-2002, 08:07 PM

Yes, and I'm the real Vyse ;)

stfu fake guyy.

konidias
09-12-2002, 10:06 PM
The main reason the economy on 2k1 fell apart was because somehow people managed to get hidden npcs uploaded in levels and used them to get money. Such as the incident with whomever Brad was getting thousands and thousands of gralats from. They put like 100,000+ gralats into the economy and it made everything severely unbalanced.