PDA

View Full Version : The * before your name?

nyghtGT
09-02-2002, 05:55 PM
Why is everyone so infatuated(sp?) with the little asterisk before their name?

On babylon they have it so the RCs can make it so no matter what it add * to the begining of their names...

Is this some new hipster thing on Graal I missed?

VampiricTutorNewHD
09-02-2002, 06:15 PM
I think it's so other people can't have the same name. At least that's what I recall.

Glory
09-02-2002, 06:16 PM
Unless you go steal the account name?

nyghtGT
09-02-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Glory
Unless you go steal the account name?
But I can't make the account:

gH *ssj5* [married to chibi-chicchi] (MHX)

Chaos0838
09-02-2002, 06:44 PM
The star thingy is only supposed to appear when you set your nick to the same as your account. Easy way to get rid of it:

Your account = cheese
"setnick cheese" = *cheese
"setnick *cheese" = cheese

God knows why they made it so but *shrugs*

-Kiirar

MalakSylv
09-02-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
It's so that, for example, I can go online with the name Kaimetsu and rest assured that people will know it's really me without having to check my profile.

i was going to say the exact same thing. seriously. for some reason i was going to use you as an example.

Birdbird_0
09-02-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

I have that effect on people.

WE all know you have your phococonetic blue glowing monkey powered mind control/influence device consturcted in russia, dismantaled, than reconstructed in your room twice thrown out, referbished, coffymaker installed, machine of doom controling all our thoughts! YOU EVIL GUY YOU, you make my next door neighbors sisters kittin cry :(!

Androk2k1
09-02-2002, 09:32 PM
Kaimestu is already controling our minds. and not useing his phococonetic blue glowing monkey powered mind control/influence device consturcted in russia, dismantaled, than reconstructed in your room twice thrown out, referbished, coffymaker installed, machine of doom controling all our thoughts.
He's useing his natural super power, powerd by occasional mind boost, from Birdbird_0's nexzt door kitten. Thus prooving that Birdbird_0's kitten is actually scaring himself, because he is the master mind after Kaimestu.

- Androk (Mood: ^.^)

MalakSylv
09-02-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Birdbird_0

WE all know you have your phococonetic blue glowing monkey powered mind control/influence device consturcted in russia, dismantaled, than reconstructed in your room twice thrown out, referbished, coffymaker installed, machine of doom controling all our thoughts! YOU EVIL GUY YOU, you make my next door neighbors sisters kittin cry :(!

shut it fatso

jeff335
09-02-2002, 09:47 PM
I have the star on free servers if I don't mind using a freebie account.

Griffyn
09-02-2002, 09:57 PM
Because I am special!

Admins
09-02-2002, 10:10 PM
Babylon needs to remove that or it gets shutdown

Chaos0838
09-02-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Stefan

Oh my, that star thing must be pretty important.

-Kiirar

Milkdude99
09-02-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Chaos0838

Oh my, that star thing must be pretty important.

-Kiirar The astrick* denotes the account name and the nick are the same so when a PW does this it shows all nicks are also the account names when they are not . And yes that can pose problems.....:(

AlexH
09-02-2002, 10:32 PM
Only the cool people have * before their name. :rolleyes:

Actually I use it so no one else can have the same name as me unless they have a nick setter NPC.

Flamingblaze
09-02-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by MalakSylv

shut it fatso MY GOD! Malak and I agree 100% on something!

jeff335
09-03-2002, 12:26 AM
Stefan, while you're at it, Frolic lets ANYONE set nick to *Stefan or *unixmad, or anything else without a guild tag.

zell12
09-03-2002, 07:09 AM
thats because the guild adder is broke, we ban offenders

icemanextreme
09-03-2002, 07:19 AM
i will talk to alex or kish bout removing it keep your pants on

Cybnext
09-03-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by jeff335
Stefan, while you're at it, Frolic lets ANYONE set nick to *Stefan or *unixmad, or anything else without a guild tag.

I fixed that earlier today, so just shut it, k?

jeff335
09-03-2002, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Cybnext

I fixed that earlier today, so just shut it, k?

Er ok, it was there yesterday and the day before, so I induced it was still there. Nevermind

Androk2k1
09-03-2002, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by nyghtGT
Why is everyone so infatuated(sp?) with the little asterisk before their name?

On babylon they have it so the RCs can make it so no matter what it add * to the begining of their names...

Is this some new hipster thing on Graal I missed?

I think it was done so you'll be at top of Player List... I prefer ' x.X

nyghtGT
09-03-2002, 03:47 PM
I'm not saying that to get Babylon in trouble.

I was merely using it as an example.

WanDaMan
09-03-2002, 05:37 PM
My name is WanDaMan on graal lol
on frolic it was like *Stefan lol we had fun doing that X D every 1 did including staff! lol even Tka and John (From galbadia) they should kept it and stefan is right only special peopl get * infront of there name like meh!!

SaitoHajime
09-03-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by WanDaMan
My name is WanDaMan on graal lol
on frolic it was like *Stefan lol we had fun doing that X D every 1 did including staff! lol even Tka and John (From galbadia) they should kept it and stefan is right only special peopl get * infront of there name like meh!!

And right in that post, after some careful searching, you can easily find the reason why this isn't allowed.

magicbud3344
09-04-2002, 06:44 AM

Neonight:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :D:D:D:D

While your at it, take down... say... Valikorlia, Delteria... Hell, Stefan. Just take down all of the horrible playerworlds.

I remember a while back on Classic that everyone thought if you had * in front of your name, it meant you were a newbie hahaha.

Tyhm
09-04-2002, 08:49 AM
Bloody sneeches.

Flamingblaze
09-04-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by magicbud3344

Neonight:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :D:D:D:D

While your at it, take down... say... Valikorlia, Delteria... Hell, Stefan. Just take down all of the horrible playerworlds.

I remember a while back on Classic that everyone thought if you had * in front of your name, it meant you were a newbie hahaha. Valikorlia is awful...I never saw anything THAT bad with Delteria.

magicbud3344
09-04-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Bloody sneeches.

Neonight:

TYHM!!! DON'T RUN AWAY FROM YOUR FEELINGS, YOU 23-year-old MAD SEXY PIMP YOU! ;)

KujaBTK
09-05-2002, 12:45 PM
I don't really think the star symbol is very important

Loriel
09-05-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by KujaBTK
I don't really think the star symbol is very important Same here. It's no more important since you have your account name in your profile. Whenever I set my nick, I put a * in front of it, to get the * away. But if i reconnect, it comes back :(

Milkdude99
09-05-2002, 07:19 PM
Babylon needs to remove that or it gets shutdown Regardless of what anyone thinks of it , Stefan has said "remove it or be shut down" so what is the point of continuing this thread?

Nemesis
09-05-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by magicbud3344

Neonight:

TYHM!!! DON'T RUN AWAY FROM YOUR FEELINGS, YOU 23-year-old MAD SEXY PIMP YOU! ;)

lol...when you post it reminds of a bad disco with all the flashing lights from your sigs....not pleasing to the eye...

Nemesis
09-05-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Milkdude99
Regardless of what anyone thinks of it , Stefan has said "remove it or be shut down" so what is the point of continuing this thread?

Another smart cookie :D ... they removed it, it's been removed for sometime now....well now it's time to pay attention in class :P