PDA

View Full Version : ...

Glory
09-01-2002, 08:02 AM
So basically there will be a reset on 2k1...but after Kamuii get's through to unixmad? As there is no point in playing if you're going to be reset.

Flamingblaze
09-01-2002, 08:04 AM
2k1 was a doomed enterprise from the start. There were no depressions or anything to keep the economy balanced thus it was doomed to spiral out of control.

Glory
09-01-2002, 08:08 AM
But it would be nice if people knew because people won't really play there until they get a stright answer...like...There will be a reset

There won't be a reset

or

There will be a reset when I convince unixmad.

Flamingblaze
09-01-2002, 08:11 AM
There are resets so often on some servers that it's gotten ridiculous.

magicbud3344
09-01-2002, 08:18 AM
damn i just got EVERYTHING i ever wanted :(
but oh well i guess it will be fun :O

:/edit where did he say he would reset it?
if it goes private does it have to reset :(?

neo_the_swordsman
09-01-2002, 08:44 AM
X_X im rich..

ZanderX
09-01-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Glory
But it would be nice if people knew because people won't really play there until they get a stright answer...like...There will be a reset

There won't be a reset

or

There will be a reset when I convince unixmad.

Terribly sorry that I do not pay thousands of dollars a month to have complete control; they are my bosses and they also control the server.

Glory
09-01-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

Terribly sorry that I do not pay thousands of dollars a month to have complete control; they are my bosses and they also control the server.

Well I would just like to know because I was going to restart playing there..and I saw somewhere you were trying to convince unixmad to reset it because Stefan didn't let you. Even if you said there would most likely be a reset in the future I would be satisfied.

Googi
09-01-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Glory

Well I would just like to know because I was going to restart playing there..and I saw somewhere you were trying to convince unixmad to reset it because Stefan didn't let you. Even if you said there would most likely be a reset in the future I would be satisfied.

Don't worry, that Kamoo needs Stefan's permission for major things is a positive, since it keeps the server from going private.

Max-imus
09-01-2002, 09:14 AM
Weren't there going to be two versions of graal2001? One reset, one not.

ZanderX
09-01-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Googi

Don't worry, that Kamoo needs Stefan's permission for major things is a positive, since it keeps the server from going private.

The server will go private for development.

Googi
09-01-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

The server will go private for development.

Stefan would need to take the server private.

ZanderX
09-01-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Googi

Stefan would need to take the server private.

Or unixmad!

cloudstrifevii
09-01-2002, 10:27 AM
Give us zal rifles and stuff on d-day =P. I dont really care I was hacked and all my stuff including my hats(shades,black gangster) and 7k gralats gone so RESET w00t!

Judge_Spunky
09-01-2002, 10:54 AM
I'd probably play 2k1 if they reset it.

CheeToS2
09-01-2002, 10:59 AM
resetting it would get rid of the huge amount of money on the server that we don't need.. hell.. we have 200000+ gralats in the ET cup alone. We'd be able to keep better track of who owns bomys and stuff (no dupes, mistakes, etc) All the hats and dolls would be re-released, and people will want to be there to get the hats and stuff. The only downside is..well.. you lose your stuff! I don't mind about most of it except my flame beanie & bomy =\

SaitoHajime
09-01-2002, 11:08 AM
butbut...my bomy...and my 2 phs...and my villa...and my lots of hats...:(

Python523
09-01-2002, 11:14 AM
i think kamuii told me hats would become free

Googi
09-01-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Python523
i think kamuii told me hats would become free

That's because he's trying to make 2K1 into classic.

Flamingblaze
09-01-2002, 11:32 AM
Ugh I wouldn't mind another classic, one WITHOUT the annoying *****s.

Glory
09-01-2002, 06:16 PM
So will there most likely be a reset? I would like one so then I can start to play without worrying about being reset.

SaitoHajime
09-01-2002, 11:38 PM
I'll tell you what I told everyone else. Play, have fun, and if there isn't a reset you'll be happy you earned stuff; if there is a reset, well hey, at least you had some fun.

Judge_Spunky
09-01-2002, 11:41 PM
Free hats would be a great idea. I hate having to wait until a shop restocks it, only to pay an insane amount of money for the hat.
I liked it when hats were first released, because you could have any hat you wanted, and I especially liked the beret. (It went well with the head number I was using)

I personally think that hats are what messed up the 2k1 economy, because bomys certainly weren't messing it much.

SaitoHajime
09-01-2002, 11:47 PM
No, it's all the glitches people abused to flood the economy with 9832759235772359287 money.

The other problem is that hats aren't traded as much. This is mostly because a lot of people quit/got banned and kept all their hats, or people hoard 9327593285 of a single hat to drive its value up even higher. Therefore we've got less hats in the economy, and a LOT more money. This drove the price of hats way up.

Restocks helped this a lot, the last MAJOR restocks revitalized our economy for the short term.

Possible solution: Delete a set percentage of the money on the server. Like 1/3 of the money from every single person's account. Possilbly remove the extra hats of people that have more than 2 or 3 of one hat... Restock those hats and perhaps some more to make up for the banned people/people that left. Problem? Solved.

Judge_Spunky
09-01-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by SaitoHajime
No, it's all the glitches people abused to flood the economy with 9832759235772359287 money.

The other problem is that hats aren't traded as much. This is mostly because a lot of people quit/got banned and kept all their hats, or people hoard 9327593285 of a single hat to drive its value up even higher. Therefore we've got less hats in the economy, and a LOT more money. This drove the price of hats way up.

Restocks helped this a lot, the last MAJOR restocks revitalized our economy for the short term.

Possible solution: Delete a set percentage of the money on the server. Like 1/3 of the money from every single person's account. Possilbly remove the extra hats of people that have more than 2 or 3 of one hat... Restock those hats and perhaps some more to make up for the banned people/people that left. Problem? Solved.

How about also making it so someone can only buy one of a particular hat?

SaitoHajime
09-02-2002, 12:10 AM
That would help somewhat, but it would take some of the fun away...like seeing a good deal on a hat and buying it for a friend, for example, and giving it to him/her when he/she gets online.

And buying/selling hats was the best way to make money for the longest time, buy low, sell high as they say. a forced limit would take that away, unless you would trade your ONLY one of a hat, and that would just drive the prices up more x_x