PDA

View Full Version : wishing to quit TNR but wants to give admin rights to another player

bumbo
08-29-2002, 01:10 AM
well I ahve done everything I can possibly think of including setting my nickname to:

King Arthur Please make Prince BaronNightmare of Kal'jun-=Leader=- admin of TNR

the acctname is BaronNightmare if it is possible, please do this ASAP.

once you have successfully made that acct name admin you may deelte me from the TNR roster =D

thank-you,

Bumbo
aka Maldorph

Flamingblaze
08-29-2002, 03:14 AM
You do realize there is an option in the GuildCP to give ownership to another player do you not?

Minoc
08-29-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Flamingblaze
You do realize there is an option in the GuildCP to give ownership to another player do you not?
It was removed =\

Chaos0838
08-29-2002, 03:27 AM
Not anymore I'm afraid.

Minoc
08-29-2002, 03:31 AM
:(

Flamingblaze
08-29-2002, 10:06 AM
::mutters and goes to find out who did it::

Kaimetsu
08-29-2002, 10:12 AM
::mutters and goes to find out who did it::

Probably somebody who recieved one too many "arghwtfsum1 haxed me & stol ym gild!" messages.

Flamingblaze
08-29-2002, 10:14 AM
::shrugs:: I'm pretty sure Stefan is the only one who could have. New policy for guilds by the way, if it gets hacked and stolen: tough luck. There's no way to prove one way or the other and other players aren't gonna have a needed, legitimate option taken away just for you whiners.

Minoc
08-29-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

Probably somebody who recieved one too many "arghwtfsum1 haxed me & stol ym gild!" messages.
But when someone uses an infected trainer, he usually sends the registery code to the maker of the trainer, and not the actual password :P

Kaimetsu
08-30-2002, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Minoc

But when someone uses an infected trainer, he usually sends the registery code to the maker of the trainer, and not the actual password :P

If the code is stored in the registry then presumably it's used in some sort of auto-login procedure, yes? Otherwise why store it? So the leethax0r can just copy the same thing into his registry and get in through that, even if he doesn't actually know what the password is. Although I didn't think this stuff would be stored in the registry - isn't the GuildCP a web tool? And websites don't have the power to alter or access your registry.

Falcor
08-30-2002, 06:10 AM

If the code is stored in the registry then presumably it's used in some sort of auto-login procedure, yes? Otherwise why store it? So the leethax0r can just copy the same thing into his registry and get in through that, even if he doesn't actually know what the password is. Although I didn't think this stuff would be stored in the registry - isn't the GuildCP a web tool? And websites don't have the power to alter or access your registry.

You login with your graal password.

bumbo
08-30-2002, 08:36 AM
::shrugs:: I'm pretty sure Stefan is the only one who could have. New policy for guilds by the way, if it gets hacked and stolen: tough luck. There's no way to prove one way or the other and other players aren't gonna have a needed, legitimate option taken away just for you whiners.

anyways....is it going to be readded? or can you do this for me?

Kaimetsu
08-30-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Falcor

You login with your graal password.

Oh. Ick. I'd have thought it'd be a separate password :-/

Minoc
08-30-2002, 04:08 PM

Yes, that's why "hackers" can log in the dumb trainer user's account but can't access his guilds =\

Kaimetsu
08-30-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Minoc

Yes, that's why "hackers" can log in the dumb trainer user's account but can't access his guilds =\

Yeah, I get it now.

XxxxneosoftxxxX
09-01-2002, 03:44 AM
lol I don't, but I really wanna understand this...