PDA

View Full Version : The saddest Tournament...

konidias
08-21-2002, 12:21 PM
The huge 4 player team tournament was AWFUL. Not only did it take 2-3 hours to prepare, but the teams came out unbalanced.

After waiting for 2-3 hours, things finally get underway. My team is up first, it's me, Brad, Locke, and Porky. We go up against a team that has about 50 total hp more than our team. We start fighting, none of our team is able to regenerate HP due to a glitch. We get slaughtered.

But that isn't the worst part. The worst part, was that when we died, we lost experience and stats. (we got stats back but not exp yet) Then we didn't even get a rematch, even though the teams were uneven AND the arena was buggy the first time.

Moving on... the tournament went through the other team matches. Most of the time the players would just run around and not attack eachother, or go offscreen and let themselves heal.

Not only that, but the tournament managers kept up making rules during the fight. Such as "no plate/chain mail" "no helmet" "attack or we kill you" "we use magic on you when the fight doesn't progress", etc.

I mean it was complete rubbish. The teams weren't even, the rules kept changing, and the arena was glitchy. (stupid team list kept appearing also) To top it all off, the whole thing took like 5 hours from start to finish, people ran out of food constantly, and people kept leaving because they couldn't wait so long to fight.

It's obvious large team battles will NOT work, because it's too hard to even out the teams, and the fights last forever. I PRAY that tournaments from here on out, are better planned, with SOLID rules, that do not change in the middle of a battle.

LordZen
08-21-2002, 12:35 PM
I especially hated the fact that all those rules kept getting made up...and there was not supposed to be any magic yet the staff dudes were casting it on us as obstacles. I wish i would have been allowed to reconnect on the final battle because I lagged sooo bad..I couldnt even see anybody move except one dude on the opposing team...bleh...

I really hope we have some events in the future that does not evolve around simply spar tourneys...events that give as good prizes also. I didnt make my character to spar, i have stats in other areas...and I know others are probably feeling the same way. I wish we have some more diversity is all...

James
08-21-2002, 12:55 PM
That's mainly the reason I didn't want to participate if unixmad or Stefan wasn't doing it. I knew it would be a disaster.

konidias
08-21-2002, 05:55 PM
Well the last tournament (one for the war axe) went okay. That was held by Gonbai as well, but this one was just a bad idea really. The last one was 1 vs 1 player, not the 4 player team thing... It's just too unfair to have 4 people on one team. I don't train with the 3 other people I was teamed with, I don't spend my time getting stronger just to be paired up with some level 1 person. It's a crock of crap. :(

Plus I hope they give out different prizes besides new weapons.. maybe a skills scroll of choice, or a stat potion of choice. Something like that would be a lot nicer than another weapon. What happens when someone wins multiple tourneys? They end up getting a bunch of weapons that they have to sell because they weigh a ton and can't all be carried.

LordZen
08-21-2002, 06:17 PM
Yes thats a good point about the weapons. Rings, amulets, skill scrolls, stat potions, maybe some wierd shield......those would be things I would try hard to win.

screen_name
08-21-2002, 07:28 PM
That is pretty bad.

Once I get my 8mb video card, I'll have a chance against you guys, but for now I'll just train.

Brad
08-21-2002, 09:22 PM
(Ronith)

What is up with not being able to reconnect?
I was lagged up like a tranquilized sloth. :(

Oh well, running around the arena aimlessly with
a pick axe was fun. *grin*

Admins
08-21-2002, 10:59 PM
Yes it was more a try to see what kind of tournaments work
But the official tournament was ok? I have seen that one of the matches of 8/20 is not entered in the tournament table