PDA

View Full Version : !stealing!

magicbud3344
08-15-2002, 03:39 PM
unixmad or whoever, i just need to know will thieves ever be able to steal from humans again? like if you make a system of guards and maybe bounty hunters?

ALUCARDPSX
08-15-2002, 09:20 PM
Heck no! that totally ruins EVERYONES fun!

ChocoboGrn
08-15-2002, 09:26 PM
Agreed.
Note, Alucard is a former thief....lol

evilive
08-16-2002, 01:23 AM
Note also that thief is a class, and that THEY GET NOTHING!!!!!

Stealing from monsters is a 1 in 12039791846429864892176 chance. There's no way it can be done. It used to be that you could steal from humans, but they changed it because it was unfair. If they toned that aspect down a bit, or made it easier to steal from monsters, that would be good.

Until then, I'm staying as my high level Barbarian (36000 is the next exp level -_- )

***Edit

I forgot that I had talked to stefan about this earlier. He said that after creating town guards, there will be thieving again against humans.

aylad
08-16-2002, 03:44 AM
Oh no! Then I'll be tempted to abandon my level 3 - almost 4 - Warrior to give thieving a try! :( ;)

MilkyWay0016
08-16-2002, 06:03 AM
awww. There shouldn't be theivfing from humans, houses maybe but not humans. And don't give me all that junk about 'It takes foreeever to steal and we don't get anything'. It still takes less time to get something from stealing then from actually going out and making it yourself

ChocoboGrn
08-16-2002, 06:58 AM
If there are houses, there should be at least one chest (depending on the size of the house) that NO one but the owner can open. Of course, the amount in there would be limited, so people would only put really valuable items in there...

Then there could be other chests that are openable. Of course, the doors would be unpickable, but a group of thieves hidden can wait outside the door for the owner to open it, second he opens it rush in, kill him, and steal everything. Or just rush in and force him out. Either's good. :D

I remember doing that on Ultima Online once, except we made a rune and had one lookout, we all warped outside the door and killed everyone, stole their stuff, the keys, everything. Of course, it wasn't legal on the server, but we did it to people who had been acting like idiots towards our guild. :p

konidias
08-16-2002, 07:27 AM
Bleh, make thievery of players possible, then just make an amulet or something that protects againsts thieves.

evilive
08-16-2002, 07:53 AM
I agree with that, koni

ChocoboGrn
08-16-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by konidias
Bleh, make thievery of players possible, then just make an amulet or something that protects againsts thieves.

LOL, amulet of protection from thievery.
I'll take one of those, a Ring of Spell Reflection, and a Ring of Fighting...

Brad
08-16-2002, 10:33 AM
Make thieving of animals easier and make thievery of humans possible but HARD.

magicbud3344
08-16-2002, 12:25 PM
as soon as stealing is possable i will play 2k2 again until then no :(

ChocoboGrn
08-16-2002, 09:52 PM
Also make it so they can't steal containers, like sacks, and the heavier the item is, the harder it is to steal. If they get caught, they don't get a stolen item, but they will be labeled a thief.

I'm thinking something like...
if thief DEX + WIS- x > Target's Dex + Wis, the steal is successful.

X is just a random number between 1 and the weight of the item divided by two.

evilive
08-16-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by ChocoboGrn
Also make it so they can't steal containers, like sacks, and the heavier the item is, the harder it is to steal. If they get caught, they don't get a stolen item, but they will be labeled a thief.

I'm thinking something like...
if thief DEX + WIS- x > Target's Dex + Wis, the steal is successful.

X is just a random number between 1 and the weight of the item divided by two.

What if the item weighs .0 something? lol that would suck badly.