PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Birds

Ghost Pirate
08-14-2002, 05:16 PM
I think instead of toguilds
Carrier birds can be a form of long range RP communcations

Time from writer to reciver can be determined by the type of carrier bird, a pigeon will be slower to relay a message then a hawk of falcon.

Which could also make things more interesting is that players can see these birds, and shot them down (if your aim is prime) and retriving the message.

Once/if a bird reaches its reciver, reciver of course read the message and do whatever with it like inform a leader or his people.

You may wonder how to get these carrier birds

Catch em and train em (very hard)
Or pay a "small" fee and buy a trained bird

Anyways
Thats my thoughts.
It would be more RPish than toguilds and whatnot

DarkDragoon_Lloyd
08-14-2002, 06:13 PM
Interesting, I like it, because toguilds/toalls/masses/pms are kinda stupid... Its like I cant hear someone from across the globe talkng, can I?

MilkyWay0016
08-14-2002, 10:43 PM
Well, the problem is that sometimes people arn't really IC, and they just want to say hi. And, if the birds were added someone could always just log on MSN or AIM or something and say Hi - -;
But, I think that would be good for big rps, or maybe add something like you can send a messege only if your on the same half of an island as them?

magicbud3344
08-15-2002, 08:39 PM
i would love this, but i would hang around actiove kingdom hangouts and intercept them with my awsome thife bird catching skills, fry the bird, eat him, then sen dthe message to my kingdom leader :cool: or if it is a treasure map ro a not about hiddin money i would take it into my own hands

Myz
08-15-2002, 08:42 PM
First thing that popped into my mind when you said that:
Harry Potter.... oyay, gah.

konidias
08-16-2002, 03:04 AM
I think these carrier birds would be better at delivering items across the world. Instead of messages, the birds could carry a pouch with whatever you put in it (of a reasonable amount of weight) The stronger the bird, the more it can carry.

This way, a kingdom could send arrows and small weapons and things, to warriors that are in a battle. :)

evilive
08-16-2002, 03:30 AM
Ya know, I once suggested a mail system instead of PM's, but people were against it...

This sounds a little bit better. Maybe you'd have to have a falconry skill to use it...

brock128
08-16-2002, 03:32 AM
I think that it can hold anything (You can write things on paper), but limited by weight (Ie, a pidgeon couldn't carry a shovel to sombody else)

The only thing I'm worried about is non-rpers that just want to be annoying that shoot down pidgeons. RPing is fine (Intercepting messages from other kingdoms), but non-rping is just annoying.

aylad
08-16-2002, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by konidias
I think these carrier birds would be better at delivering items across the world. Instead of messages, the birds could carry a pouch with whatever you put in it (of a reasonable amount of weight) The stronger the bird, the more it can carry.

This way, a kingdom could send arrows and small weapons and things, to warriors that are in a battle. :)

That's really cool... Then thieves could all get bows and shoot the birds down as part of their rping

konidias
08-16-2002, 04:27 AM
Well I would imagine it would be difficult to shoot down a bird, as you can't see it before it gets on screen, and it would probably be moving fast. So hitting it would be extremely hard.

ChocoboGrn
08-16-2002, 04:43 AM
Maybe a sorceror can slow it down with magic, then a sniper can take it down?

Pith
08-16-2002, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by konidias
Well I would imagine it would be difficult to shoot down a bird, as you can't see it before it gets on screen, and it would probably be moving fast. So hitting it would be extremely hard.
yeah if they only fly around with letters and stuff but if you made it carry heavy stuff like amours then they would be slow enough for you to shoot down

aylad
08-18-2002, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Pith

yeah if they only fly around with letters and stuff but if you made it carry heavy stuff like amours then they would be slow enough for you to shoot down

There ya go, have weight/speed systems for the birds too. But it would still be tough to shoot, so a kingdom or theif gang would have lots of archers shooting, or the most skilled archer on lookout or something.