PDA

View Full Version : The Samurai leadership poll

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
08-11-2002, 09:06 AM
Discuss here why you will vote for the person you chose, and reason why they are a good choice. No flaming please!

Zurkiba
08-11-2002, 09:23 AM
I vote Hiyoshi because I appointed him on the conquest of Samurai.

If you Support Zurkiba You'll support Hiyoshi

Hiyoshi
08-11-2002, 09:33 AM
I believe myself to be the best candidate for Samurai because I have good leadership skills. All my life, I have been a leader not a follower. I have led Samurai before, and look forward to leading it again. I will be constructing a newer, stronger hierarchy and foundation, a website, and much more for Samurai. If I win, all suggestions are highly appreciated! Please, vote Hiyoshi for Samurai Emperor!

magicbud3344
08-11-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

this is why i will not support hiyoshi,
also i don't think anyoen here stands a chance aginst hiyoshi BUT Kwuazl Kenshin is a very nice guy, great role player, and very loyal to samurai, you my friend have my vote

feivel
08-11-2002, 09:41 AM
I voted for myself because I think I am best candidate for leader.
I admit I am not the best at micromanegment which is why If I am elected leader I will appoint Hiyoshi and Kwuazl to my staff as I know them and I know their abilities. I know that I am best for leader because I know that ugh its hard to explain why I know I am best choice, I know alot about the matter and I think I can handle it better on a borad scale, and I know what is best most of the time and sutff....
g-d damnit just vote for me hehehe,
you are just voting for Hiyoshi cus he was already prince and uhhhh uhhh you are friends with him lolololol

KwuazlKenshin
08-11-2002, 11:04 AM
thanks Geno and Dashio = ). If i get elected i admit i may not be the best candidate.... at first because i havent really been in a leadership position, but i am sure i will catch on quickly and maybe become the best emperor ever. but i should have to wait and find out...

ldhfd
08-11-2002, 11:07 AM
wow 6 replys...no one cares about samurai

KwuazlKenshin
08-11-2002, 11:18 AM
i just nticed this but for some reason Foresters are really popular... thats really weird i think.. i didnt think they would be so popular... but i kinda like smaller kingdoms cause you get to know everyone and its kinda cool if a smaller kingdom is really powerful... somthing like that.... oh yeah i think i may change my RP name so.... yeah... = )

Androk2k1
08-11-2002, 11:33 AM
Scince SOMEBODY didn't put ME on the poll I vote for Hiyoshi. But I'll creat me own band of Merchants, and we'll make a city, and kill stuff... lol

Amagius
08-11-2002, 11:34 AM
I vote Hiyoshi because I appointed him on the conquest of Samurai.

POWER TRIP.

I swear I almost didn't vote Hiyoshi because of that.

Hiyoshi
08-11-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Amagius

POWER TRIP.

I swear I almost didn't vote Hiyoshi because of that.
I promise, I didn't tell him to say that. He did that on his own free will.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
08-11-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Androk2k1
Scince SOMEBODY didn't put ME on the poll I vote for Hiyoshi. But I'll creat me own band of Merchants, and we'll make a city, and kill stuff... lol
Sorry :(
You said you wanted to lead any kingdom that has to do with demons taking over the world. I don't think Samurai was part of that group, or any kingdom for that metter

Oshuwashu
08-11-2002, 11:49 AM
Go Kwuazl !!! Kwuazl is my Friend!!!

feivel
08-11-2002, 12:02 PM
Ok I understand I am not very popular because of my fanatical beliefs hehehe,
but I dont think being flamed on graal2002 was necessary.
I dont think any of the other people were directly involved in it,
but I was told by Pith to **** off cus no one liked me,
and Lucrecious told me the same,
and then mass messaged and said not to vote for me cus im a shithead and stuff like that.
I think they should be disqualified from what they were running for. Also I support a clan system meaning just because I have fanatical samurai beliefs doesnt mean you have to feel barged down, because we could have two clans a more moderate one and a fanatical one,
and yeah A vote for me is a vote for preservation of the old Samurai society (I.E. it wont be super popular but it wont be a dustari clone, Dante and Lyndzey for life heheh.)
Also a vote for me as Leader (if I become leader I will call myself Shogun regardless of anyone's thoughts on the amtter)
but a vote for me as Shogun is a vote to help put Lyndzey on the throne as Empress (If i can convince her)
and it is a vote against super liberal rascists like cynthia mckinney (that annoying congresswoman from atlanta) you know she is so hated that republicans in that voting district are voting in the democratic primary and voting for her opponent in the primary just to make sure she doesnt get into congress and jews from all over the country are sending money to the person voting against her ahahahahh lets see who will win now mwahahaha
(now im going to find out that everyone that plays graal is not only a a liberal and a democrat, but they all love cynthia mckinney, and all whole heartedly believe george bush planned the attacks)

SuperSlayer90
08-11-2002, 12:02 PM
i voted for elazul/kenshin/kwuazl cuz hes my friend =]

:D

Hiyoshi
08-11-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by feivel

but a vote for me as Shogun is a vote to help put Lyndzey on the throne as Empress (If i can convince her)

I already said that if you vote for me you're voting for Lyndzey too.

Amagius
08-11-2002, 12:08 PM
Ok I understand I am not very popular because of my fanatical beliefs hehehe,
but I dont think being flamed on graal2002 was necessary.
I dont think any of the other people were directly involved in it,
but I was told by Pith to **** off cus no one liked me,
and Lucrecious told me the same,
and then mass messaged and said not to vote for me cus im a shithead and stuff like that.
I think they should be disqualified from what they were running for. Also I support a clan system meaning just because I have fanatical samurai beliefs doesnt mean you have to feel barged down, because we could have two clans a more moderate one and a fanatical one,
and yeah A vote for me is a vote for preservation of the old Samurai society (I.E. it wont be super popular but it wont be a dustari clone, Dante and Lyndzey for life heheh.)
Also a vote for me as Leader (if I become leader I will call myself Shogun regardless of anyone's thoughts on the amtter)
and it is a vote against super liberal rascists like cynthia mckinney (that annoying congresswoman from atlanta) you know she is so hated that republicans in that voting district are voting in the democratic primary and voting for her opponent in the primary just to make sure she doesnt get into congress and jews from all over the country are sending money to the person voting against her ahahahahh lets see who will win now mwahahaha
(now im going to find out that everyone that plays graal is not only a a liberal and a democrat, but they all love cynthia mckinney, and all whole heartedly believe george bush planned the attacks)

Don't worry, you were second. :D

KwuazlKenshin
08-11-2002, 12:11 PM
i kinda like the clan idea but way to many bad parts then good parts.... as Samurai would get weaker and weaker because being to far spread out... and yes again the clans would kill each other.... and i think it would get to confusing.... and after all based on experiance there arent a whole lot of people in Samurai so there wouldnt be enough to spread...

feivel
08-11-2002, 12:14 PM
Damnit I didnt know you said that Hiyoshi,
I had the idea awhile ago I just didnt say it,
anyway a vote for me is a vote against cynthia mckinney was my idea so hahahaha

KwuazlKenshin
08-11-2002, 12:18 PM
who is cynthia mikinny?

feivel
08-11-2002, 12:53 PM
Ok people I have made a horrible mistake and to this I will admit,
it was not Pith who was massing flaming me and telling met to **** off, I got confused because he had told me to just give up cus I was going to lose (he said it politely) and at the same timee lucrecious was flaming me and telling me to **** off,
and I got confused and thought it was both of them because Pith had made fun of me sort of on classic for a different reason so when I went to post i forgot that he had said it politely and thought he had been flaming me with lucrecious,
I did not intent what self image he maintains,
I apologise,
but this has nothign to do with me being a bad leader so vote for me lol

feivel
08-11-2002, 12:58 PM
She is a congresswoman from atlanta (she is a democrat) and she had the stupid opinions and theories in my opinion and in most of the worlds opinion, dun dun dun..
anyway she is the person who while everyone was striving for bipartisan support of the war on terrorism and trying to heal after september 11th, she was the one shooting her loud mouth off saying George Bush purposely let the attacks happen and stuff,
she accepts campaign money from islamic militant groups like hamas and stuff like that so Jews from across thec outnry are sending money to her opponent, and she is so annoying and hated that republicans in her voting district are voting in the democratic primary (generally a republican voting in the democratic primamry would be like treason) against her just to make sure there is absolutely no chance for her to get elected.

feivel
08-11-2002, 01:07 PM
Zurkiba in every thread has made a statement similiar to "if you support Zurkiba you will support ____"
this annoys me because now people who have no idea how Samurai works or who has been in Samurai or who does what or believes in what, and they are voting for certain people just cus they voted for zurkiba and he said so, and this applies to all other threads, people shoudl be voting for what the person stands for, not because they like them as a friend, or one of their friends told them to vote for someone just cus they said so,
for g-ds sakes zurkiba just said "I support Hiyoshi for his conquest in Samurai" first off that is nota real reason, seccond off it doesnt make sense, this isnt a conquest and you dont conquest in somehting, the general usage is "the conquest of"
Ok? lol

KwuazlKenshin
08-11-2002, 01:42 PM
amen.

ssj2sal
08-11-2002, 07:59 PM
Part 1
I am voting for Feivel, because I believe he would truly do great as the samurai Shogun, or commander of the imperial armies, as well as I can translate that words exact meaning. Also, because he has an excellent knowledge of feudal japan, and i believe he would be fanatical in upholding its way and its thinking

Ok. I am one of the creators of the Graal 2002 roleplaying clan, the Iskuiguri Clan, based on feudal Japan. I honestly believe that the Clan system is a great one. Look at these critical advantages.
1. It is undeniabley more realisitic
2. it has great possibilites for RPs
3. Even clan wars themselves could make good RPs
4. It wouldn't really spread out the Samurai too thin, as all the Clan members would likely of course have samurai tags as well, and in terms of the Feudal system have to pay alliegence to the Shoun.
5. If it seemed we were seperated and squabbling, that could cause someone invading us to underestimate, and at the critical point we could re-unite to stave off the invaders.
6. Clans have a great possibility, as they allow for more diversity and ways of thinking, while still being Samurai
7. As evidence that the Clan system can work, and just to get a general idea of how it does work, please visit my site www.iskuguriclan.cjb.net and sign the guestbook with feedback
- Todosi Mirumoto, Emerald Lord of the Iskuguri

ssj2sal
08-11-2002, 08:01 PM
this is off the topic..but i think if you right click and say show picture, it will let you view my signature image...believe me it's worth it...

Zurkiba
08-11-2002, 08:58 PM
I admit I am not the best at micromanegment which is why If I am elected leader I will appoint Hiyoshi and Kwuazl to my staff as I know them and I know their abilities. I know that I am best for leader because I know that ugh its hard to explain why I know I am best choice, I know alot about the matter and I think I can handle it better on a borad scale, and I know what is best most of the time and sutff....
you are just voting for Hiyoshi cus he was already prince and uhhhh uhhh you are friends with him lolololol
We're electing Hiyoshi as Emperor because he revived the Samurai Kingdom after the Zormite Conquest... I believe you, Dashio, defected and tried to take over the Samurai Castle. You run for election but you just state that you cant explain why you're the best.

Zurkiba in every thread has made a statement similiar to "if you support Zurkiba you will support ____"
this annoys me because now people who have no idea how Samurai works or who has been in Samurai or who does what or believes in what, and they are voting for certain people just cus they voted for zurkiba and he said so, and this applies to all other threads, people shoudl be voting for what the person stands for, not because they like them as a friend, or one of their friends told them to vote for someone just cus they said so,
for g-ds sakes zurkiba just said "I support Hiyoshi for his conquest in Samurai" first off that is nota real reason, seccond off it doesnt make sense, this isnt a conquest and you dont conquest in somehting, the general usage is "the conquest of"
Ok? lol

"If you support Zurkiba then you support Hiyoshi"... meaning iif you support the things I stand on and/or my judgement then you support me. Not if "If you like Zurkiba vote for Hiyoshi". Then I stated I "APPOINTED him on the Conquest of Samurai". You were gone so you know nothing about it. What happened was that the Zormites, under MY leadership, conquered the Samurai. I, ZURKIBA, TOLD Hiyoshi to be the Emperor/LEADER. I had no influnce over his rule... but I just appointed him.

You people need glasses for one. And a mindset for at that, just because I support someone doesn't mean you shouldn't. Now Dashio is over here making me look bad because he is losing.

Power Trip? Hiyoshi is now a friend to me, so why wouldn't I try to get votes for him?

feivel
08-11-2002, 09:48 PM
Im not making you look bad because you are losing,
I am saying that in every thread you are campaigning for other people and bringing factors into the vote that shouldnt be needed... anyway I apologise if I hurt your feelings if my signature bothers you I will remove it, its just sarcasm...
and considering you were posting in every thread like that,
it appeared as what you were doing was saying "if you like me then vote for blah blah blah"
I apologise if thats not what you meant,
its just getting annoying...

*edit*

I realise its nice to get votes for a friend just the way you were doing it seemed obnoxious, I guess Im pretty irritable at 12 oclock AM when I am losing by a landslide huh?

KwuazlKenshin
08-12-2002, 06:00 AM
Why isnt anyone voting..... nothing has changed for like 5 hours..... i know i wil probly lose.... but i still at least wanna make some compitition for Hiyoshi = ) but thats hard = D he is to good. 33 votes to 5.. lel = ) good luck Hiyshi

KwuazlKenshin
08-12-2002, 06:09 AM
sorry for this but i just want to tell you guys i may change my RP name.... should it be...... Elazul Akamatsu......Elazul Takemoto......Elazul Nakamura.... or......Elazul Miyahara.....

Lyndzey
08-12-2002, 07:03 AM

Yes, Kwuazl is a great RPer. While he's on tag, he comes up to me and goes "corrupt police! you suck! you jailed me for scamming people for 50 gralats and then took that 50 gralats away!".

If he continues to do that to me, I will reset and make sure I am not Samurai.

Brad
08-12-2002, 07:05 AM
Hiyoshi for emperor.
Feivel for Shogun.

Androk2k1
08-12-2002, 07:13 AM
Androk... for... the guy thingy... Just gimme a sword!

KwuazlKenshin
08-12-2002, 08:21 AM
I didnt know my tag was on! = ) but once you think of it its kinda funny = ). why would you quit just because of me.... i wouldnt..

feivel
08-12-2002, 08:22 AM
Hmmmm well he usually is a good RPer,
I mean yeah I guess he was wrong to be yelling out of character stuff, and stupid stuff, but he RPs well sometimes...
and he makes a good effort :D
I dont think he is leader material yet though,
hehe I like Brad's Idea,
it makes so much sense for fanatical me to be Shogun and head the army because the army should be perfect and fanatically set up heheh, while as you being Emperor could make sure I didnt totally fanaticize everything like civil life and economic stuff,
but I can just head the army and fanatically yell and scream and ask where my g-d damn coffee is lol

KwuazlKenshin
08-12-2002, 08:23 AM
and i didnt come up and say "Lyndsy Corrupt police you suck" ......... i just said you where corrupt and mean...... and i didnt even do anything... i got jailed on account of some dude was stupid...... X_x

feivel
08-12-2002, 08:23 AM
Is it just me or did the amount of votes I had go down,
I am absolutely sure I had more than 12 votes...
cus I had like 19 and he had 30 I thought...
maybe I am seeing things.

*edit*

Eh my bad I think,
I just got confused with numbers and remembner stuff again,
nebermind...
I think im confused ashell right now,
maybe it was 10 to 29 when I thought "well I just need 19 votes to catch up" Gah I am a bad rememberer heheheh

Lyndzey
08-12-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by KwuazlKenshin
I didnt know my tag was on! = ) but once you think of it its kinda funny = ). why would you quit just because of me.... i wouldnt..

Why? Because you have kept mentioning it.

I recently looked at the one thread, you said you didn't want me to be Empress because you thought I was a corrupt police. If you kept saying things to me, I would not want to be in a kingdom with you.

Dashio would make a good Shogun, and Hiyoshi would make a good Emperor. I'm sure everything will work out, if someone gets 200 votes...

KwuazlKenshin
08-12-2002, 08:27 AM
Elazul Katamitsu is my new RP name... it may change but i doubt it.. thank you.

feivel
08-12-2002, 08:28 AM
Yeah yeah yeah but still vote for me for leader just to see who will be leader and who will not,
cus if Hiyoshi agrees to being emperor and me being Shogun it is still a amtter of will I be Shogun and leader, or will he be Emperor or leader, and only the votes can decide that (and its looking like people dont want a fanatic conservative preservationist guy to be leader) Oh Woe is me!

KwuazlKenshin
08-12-2002, 08:29 AM
ok ok Lyndsy i will shut up...... :o geez = /

KwuazlKenshin
08-12-2002, 08:31 AM
ok ok... how bout Hiyoshi Emperor, Dashio Shogun, Lyndsy Empress, and me Prince = ). sounds like a good line up to me = )

DarkPyro_2001
08-12-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by KwuazlKenshin
ok ok... how bout Hiyoshi Emperor, Dashio Shogun, Lyndsy Empress, and me Prince = ). sounds like a good line up to me = )
Sounds nice to me.

KwuazlKenshin
08-12-2002, 08:43 AM
its kinda funny but does it seem like no ones votes are going up except Hiyoshis... = P

marrico
08-12-2002, 08:44 AM
Ryushi Genji (Damix) for leader, he was there a long time =)

DarkDragoon_Lloyd
08-12-2002, 12:59 PM
Even though I am on the poll, and I have the oppertunity to vote for myself, I didnt, I know I cant win at this point and it is foolish of me to even try... So I voted for Hiyoshi, I am sure he will make a better leader then I could ever hope to be!
That is all

feivel
08-12-2002, 01:55 PM
What if you didnt vote for yourself then frickin vote for me,
you voted for Hiyoshi cus his name and account name are the same so more people know him, and he is first on the list, and since he was prince you automatically assume he is the best choice, atleast use some reasoning before you vote (cus everyone know if you use reasoning you will obviously see that I am the best choice :P)

ssj2sal
08-12-2002, 02:44 PM
I still think there should be a Clan system...hmmmm...I need more reasons...I thought 6 may be enough to get people to reconsider but obviously it isn't...hmmmm

Hiyoshi
08-13-2002, 04:15 AM
you voted for Hiyoshi cus his name and account name are the same so more people know him, and he is first on the list, and since he was prince you automatically assume he is the best choice, atleast use some reasoning before you vote (cus everyone know if you use reasoning you will obviously see that I am the best choice :P)
Prince, and then inherited Emperor :)

Python523
08-13-2002, 04:31 AM
somebody is extremelly full of themself

marrico
08-13-2002, 04:41 AM
This is off topic but has anyone read the book Shogun by James Clavell, it is 800 pages long but I strongly reccomend it to anyone interested in the Samurai theme. It was a miniseries so you can rent it at your libary if you cant/dont like to read. Its about 10 hours long

feivel
08-13-2002, 09:23 AM
Jagen, being a fanatical egotistical person is fun :P
Damix is this book "Shogun" a story,
or is it reference source about the Shogunate etc.

marrico
08-13-2002, 09:53 AM
Its a story, but its very helpful because it shows how a total outsider learns the Japanese ways, kinda like someone new joins

ghostsamurai
08-13-2002, 11:03 AM
She is a congresswoman from atlanta (she is a democrat) and she had the stupid opinions and theories in my opinion and in most of the worlds opinion, dun dun dun..
anyway she is the person who while everyone was striving for bipartisan support of the war on terrorism and trying to heal after september 11th, she was the one shooting her loud mouth off saying George Bush purposely let the attacks happen and stuff,
she accepts campaign money from islamic militant groups like hamas and stuff like that so Jews from across thec outnry are sending money to her opponent, and she is so annoying and hated that republicans in her voting district are voting in the democratic primary (generally a republican voting in the democratic primamry would be like treason) against her just to make sure there is absolutely no chance for her to get elected.
Jin:
Err...did they teach you that in your Jewish school? The truth is, Hamas and other groups like that aren't supporting her, Muslims in America are. Muslims are supporting her, because she will help get the Palestinians a state. I guess if she isn't supporting Israel 100%, she is supporting by Hamas!!!
:rolleyes:

feivel
08-13-2002, 11:28 AM
Jin,
do you constantly have to assume that everything i say is because I was brianwashed at school.
I got none of this from school so :P
I may have been mistaken when I said hamas, which means when I heard about it on the news I may have heard wrong,
but I wasnt brainwashed.

Discharge
08-13-2002, 11:33 AM
Are you guys ever going to change your name from Samurai? I mean, come on? You guys can make up some real good japanese name because Its like if we named Dustari; "Knights."

feivel
08-13-2002, 11:46 AM
Yeah but see the words Knights is ***,
and it was always named Samurai,
what do you want us to name it?

marrico
08-13-2002, 12:01 PM
Well Dustari is named after its lands right? Japan would be known as the current SHogun ie The Genji Shogunate. Or we could just make a whole new name like Kwanto or sumthin (that happens to mean the 7 proveneces)

Discharge
08-13-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by marrico
Well Dustari is named after its lands right? Japan would be known as the current SHogun ie The Genji Shogunate. Or we could just make a whole new name like Kwanto or sumthin (that happens to mean the 7 proveneces)

Thats what im saying, Dustari is a european based kingdom with a made up nation. Samurai can apply this idea by changing its name...geeze I don't know Xing Xang Lang? It will be a made up country based on Japan.

feivel
08-13-2002, 12:48 PM
DUn know,
its not up to me.

ssj2sal
08-13-2002, 03:07 PM
That is a good idea..i kept getting pissed off about it being called Samurai, after all the Samurai were only a Feudal japanese caste...not a nation...but i don't think it should contain 7 provinces...more like 7 CLANS

feivel
08-13-2002, 08:58 PM
Theres not enough people for seven clans,
if we made a Fuedal Japan based mmorpg then sure ltos fo clans would do but this is a kingdon on graal,
maybe tow or three clans would work.

KwuazlKenshin
08-13-2002, 09:48 PM
.... i liked it just Samurai.. = ) it got the point to people quick and easy = P.

feivel
08-13-2002, 10:42 PM
joker: if i could vote (dashio already did), it would be dashio. He is a good ruler and has a lot of other ideas about kingdoms in general. I think giving him a chance would be the best choice. Also if you wanna flame me come to npulse and ill own joor ass when you try.

=D

Zurkiba
08-14-2002, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Discharge
Are you guys ever going to change your name from Samurai? I mean, come on? You guys can make up some real good japanese name because Its like if we named Dustari; "Knights."
Not Really...
Samurai was the name of te Fuedal Japan O_o.

We can call them the
(Asian Japanese Person with a Sword who lives in China)

I love Kessen II :D

marrico
08-14-2002, 07:55 AM

wrong

Discharge
08-14-2002, 08:23 AM

Not Really...

We can call them the
(Asian Japanese Person with a Sword who lives in China)

I love Kessen II :D

Samurai is a warrior class, atleast thats what ages of empire tells me and all my stradegy games tell me.

marrico
08-14-2002, 08:44 AM
<3 for age of empires, even though empire earth=2xageofempires

feivel
08-14-2002, 10:51 AM
The thing I disliked about Empire Earth is that each civilization didnt have its own custom graphics.
the only samurai graphics in the game are pagoda house, pagoda castle, the actual samurai unit, and the samurai arquebus (dun know what he is called in empire earth)

ssj2sal
08-14-2002, 03:50 PM
I get really :mad: when people say things like look at the samurai sword, and don't call it a Katana, or say that Samurai was the name of the feudal japanese....it is so annoying..if you don't know about something...don't pretend you do

ghostsamurai
08-18-2002, 09:25 AM
The thing I disliked about Empire Earth is that each civilization didnt have its own custom graphics.
the only samurai graphics in the game are pagoda house, pagoda castle, the actual samurai unit, and the samurai arquebus (dun know what he is called in empire earth)
Jin:
Empire Earth is a good game, but it has alot to improve on. Hopefully, Art of Conquest will deliver what it needs. I think it should be more like AOE II, with, like you said, custom graphics, custom units, an ungarrisoning (sp?) option, more campaigns, and theres alot more i can't remember!