PDA

View Full Version : Chainmail and Platemail also available.

konidias
08-10-2002, 11:37 PM
In the building right of the shop, in Bogenera town on the main map.

It costs something like 4 iron plates and some gold for the best chainmail at the moment. :) By the way, the chainmail makes your character look damn good. :cool:

MasterNuke
08-10-2002, 11:42 PM
I like the all bronze look.... :cool:

screen_name
08-11-2002, 12:00 AM
is there silver chain mail :)
i wanna pimp out in silver

ChocoboGrn
08-11-2002, 01:08 AM
Geez...armor slows you down so much! I'm wearing bronze plate but it slows me down to around 1 speed from my normal speed of 1.4...anyone else noticing this?

cshank4
08-11-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by ChocoboGrn
Geez...armor slows you down so much! I'm wearing bronze plate but it slows me down to around 1 speed from my normal speed of 1.4...anyone else noticing this?
I never heard of a Knight running in a marathon before... have you?

ChocoboGrn
08-11-2002, 01:51 AM
No, but then again, do you run in marathons?

konidias
08-11-2002, 03:29 AM
You're like a kid in knights armor. You aren't strong enough to just hold the armor up without feeling a thing. That is why it slows you down. When you get stronger and more agile, you shouldn't have a problem with armor at all.

Googi
08-11-2002, 11:25 PM
I can't find Bognera :-\

Aestus
08-20-2002, 12:53 AM
For those wondering, the difference between plate and chain mail is really negligible. Golden chain mail improves your armor class by three, bronze plate mail increases it by four. Golden chain mail is Physical Resistance plus 25; bronze plate mail plus 24. They both decrease your speed by the same amount, so they're pretty much equally good pieces of armor. For me, it came down to nothing more than a matter of aesthetics.

konidias
08-20-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Aestus
For those wondering, the difference between plate and chain mail is really negligible. Golden chain mail improves your armor class by three, bronze plate mail increases it by four. Golden chain mail is Physical Resistance plus 25; bronze plate mail plus 24. They both decrease your speed by the same amount, so they're pretty much equally good pieces of armor. For me, it came down to nothing more than a matter of aesthetics.

Actually if you want to get techinical:

Golden Chain Mail:
ac+3
weight: 45.000 kg
+22 physical resistance

Bronze Plate Mail
ac+4
weight: 40.000 kg
+20 physical resistance

That is the correct statistics for the two. As you can see, bronze plate mail is 5 kg lighter, and +1 more ac, with only 2 less physical resistance. So I think the obvious choice is bronze plate mail.

PurgatoryIE
08-21-2002, 01:33 AM
No.. i don't think it is, Koni. I believe it depends on what the person who wants armor wants. What if they WANT the 2 extra phyiscal resistance eh? That 2 point difference can make a lot of difference.

jeff335
08-21-2002, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Googi
I can't find Bognera :-\

Don't look for Bogenera. Look for Mining Town, but they're calling it Bogenera.

Hiyoshi
08-21-2002, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by ChocoboGrn
That happens no matter what your speed. On the 2k2 debug server (it's private, don't ask), I have 2.4 speed and even with that speed when I wear bronze platemail it slows me down to 1.0 speed.