PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Kingdom Clan System (read now!!)

feivel
08-10-2002, 06:00 AM
There is already a Samurai clan called Iskuguri Clan,
I am happy to announce the leaders are very knowledgeable etc,
what I am suggesting is that Samurai be a clan system.
There will be a few clans each with get its own tag or whatever but through guild messages you would only talk to people in your clan but there could be a special way to talk to the whole Samurai kingdom or something. That or if you wanted to talk to people in others clans it would have to be done realistically, or you could send a messenger etc...
out of the clans a Shogun and Emperor would be chosen...
or considering we are voting for leader the leader chosen would be it and would choose a clan to be from...
the clans could fight eachother if they wanted but aside from the kingdom's politics there would be in clan politics and infrastructure etc...
to see how the Iskuguri clan is run go to

http://www.iskuguriclan.cjb.net/

Hiyoshi
08-10-2002, 06:33 AM
I highly doubt that system would work. It's the same idea as having sub-kingdoms. That's pointless. There would be civil wars within the kingdom, and you couldn't really control it.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
08-10-2002, 07:29 AM
That's like the house system for Dustari, and it kind of went down the drain.

KwuazlKenshin
08-10-2002, 08:05 AM
it would be cool if it did work... but yes there would be wars within kingdoms... but that actually happens.... and it might be that the number of Samurai would get to low because the more the clans the less the people altogether... because to many clans would form and the amount of people would get to far spread out..... and no offense Hiyoshi.... but why whatever Dashio says you hate it without even thinking..... or thats what it seems...

Hiyoshi
08-10-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by KwuazlKenshin
it would be cool if it did work... but yes there would be wars within kingdoms... but that actually happens.... and it might be that the number of Samurai would get to low because the more the clans the less the people altogether... because to many clans would form and the amount of people would get to far spread out..... and no offense Hiyoshi.... but why whatever Dashio says you hate it without even thinking..... or thats what it seems...
No, it's not that, it's just he hasn't had any ideas I haven't already thought of, and thought through.

Discharge
08-11-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
That's like the house system for Dustari, and it kind of went down the drain.

This is why:

As you can see in my high graphical chart, it should be reverse.

feivel
08-11-2002, 08:59 AM
Well uhhhhhh so what,
the whole point is civil war,
that way we wont get in stupid wars with other kigndoms and we will fight with ourselves duuuh

ZanderX
08-11-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by feivel
Well uhhhhhh so what,
that way we wont get in stupid wars with other kigndoms and we will fight with ourselves duuuh

And then, while Faction A is fighting with Faction B, Factions C and D will ally and completely wipe out Factions A and B, and then Factions C and D will fight between themselves and Kingdom B will come in and completely wipe everyone out.

YES! BRILLIANT! I LOVE IT, A PLAN FOR THE APOCALYPSE.

feivel
08-11-2002, 09:23 AM
No because while factions are fighting each other if a kingdom invades it gives them the reason to re-unite,
and I never said it was the smartest thng to do,
I siad we should do it because it is the most fun and the most realistic.

KwuazlKenshin
08-11-2002, 10:11 AM
well that kinda stuff really happens.... more realistic but yeah... i dont like the thought of Samurai devouring each other.....

ssj2sal
08-11-2002, 07:25 PM
Feivel, the Clan system is a great idea!!!! Just keep with it..persist..for an example..visit my Clan's site...it is in my signature

Androk2k1
08-17-2002, 07:00 AM
feivel you stealer! You stole my idea of creating Go Samurai... a clan withing Samurai Kingdom! BLAh! STEALER

ssj2sal
08-18-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Androk2k1
feivel you stealer! You stole my idea of creating Go Samurai... a clan withing Samurai Kingdom! BLAh! STEALER

bah...that is ridiculous...that is not exactly an idea that required any stealing at all...I had the idea of the Iskuguri becoming a clan within the Samurai anyway..feivel thought that the samurai should have a Clan system...based on Feudal Japanese society, thinking of using a clan system is not something that requires anyone to steal the idea..it is simply tooooo obvious..so stop complaining

feivel
08-19-2002, 01:59 AM
Androk Actually we both stole the idea from fuedal Japan :D
AAAAnyway when g2k2 first came out in alpha i suggested it and nananana boo boo i am better :P

ssj2sal
08-24-2002, 05:01 PM
Androk Actually we both stole the idea from fuedal Japan :D

This is quite true in effect isn't it....I mean all that a clan system is, is something that did happen in feudal japan....so once again...stop complaining

Hiyoshi
08-25-2002, 09:07 AM
No. End. There will not be clans. Reasons:

1. The names will be so rediculously long it wouldn't be funny.
In Example: Kaji Hiyoshi Shimoda of (Samurai) in (Iskuguri Clan)
That is a rediculously long name.
2. People say, it won't have to be like that, well how will the Samurai keep in touch? toguilds don't work through different tags, and Stefan/Unix have a lot more to worry about than figuring out a way for the clans in Samurai to keep "close" in touch.
3. Feivel isn't going to work out a clan system, and since I never liked the idea from the beginning, I won't either. It's too much work, as if the Samurai kingdom itself isn't. Clans just make things more complicated than they already are. I
4. Iskuguri can go on, but it'll never be accepted as a faction of Samurai unless they merge with us. I highly doubt Stefan/Unix will make them an official kingdom, since Samurai is already the Japanese themed kingdom.
5. I'm the official Emperor of Samurai, and what I say goes. If you don't like it, present the clans in any orderly way, that wouldn't screw any of the above things. Don't say tags could be: Iskuguri Kaji Hiyoshi Shimoda of (Samurai), because that too is too long. I don't want your ideas on the clans either. I want a completely organized system, not bits and pieces, because bits and pieces just make me not want it anymore.

Unless someone comes up with a good answer to number 5, or something lays it out for me in my head (which it won't), then Samurai stays as one Kingdom, united as a whole, with no clans at all. This is straight from the computer of the official Emperor. End.

marrico
08-25-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Hiyoshi

2. People say, it won't have to be like that, well how will the Samurai keep in touch? toguilds don't work through different tags, and Stefan/Unix have a lot more to worry about than figuring out a way for the clans in Samurai to keep "close" in touch.
3. Feivel isn't going to work out a clan system, and since I never liked the idea from the beginning, I won't either. It's too much work, as if the Samurai kingdom itself isn't. Clans just make things more complicated than they already are. I
4. Iskuguri can go on, but it'll never be accepted as a faction of Samurai unless they merge with us. I highly doubt Stefan/Unix will make them an official kingdom, since Samurai is already the Japanese themed kingdom.
5. I'm the official Emperor of Samurai, and what I say goes. If you don't like it, present the clans in any orderly way, that wouldn't screw any of the above things. Don't say tags could be: Iskuguri Kaji Hiyoshi Shimoda of (Samurai), because that too is too long. I don't want your ideas on the clans either. I want a completely organized system, not bits and pieces, because bits and pieces just make me not want it anymore.

Unless someone comes up with a good answer to number 5, or something lays it out for me in my head (which it won't), then Samurai stays as one Kingdom, united as a whole, with no clans at all. This is straight from the computer of the official Emperor. End.

Good, I didn't like the clan system

-Damix

Zurkiba
08-25-2002, 09:22 PM

That's cold :D

But here is just an idea for you and for the people who want clans.

On the Samurai island you can have three Provinces. Which means you'll have three Shoguns. In order to identify people and their clans you can read their last name

Lets say Clan 1 Is the Capital Province...
and all last names between A-H are in that province.
Last names between I-P are in the second province
And the rest are in the thrid province.

So if we have Yi Yoshi (Last name is the first name in Japanise Culture and I suggest the Samurai use it :) ) then he'll be in the third province.

OR you could have a Roman type Clan system

Hiyoshi Shimoda would be Hiyoshi Kaji Shimoda of (Samurai)

ssj2sal
08-27-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

That's cold :D

But here is just an idea for you and for the people who want clans.

On the Samurai island you can have three Provinces. Which means you'll have three Shoguns. In order to identify people and their clans you can read their last name

Lets say Clan 1 Is the Capital Province...
and all last names between A-H are in that province.
Last names between I-P are in the second province
And the rest are in the thrid province.

So if we have Yi Yoshi (Last name is the first name in Japanise Culture and I suggest the Samurai use it :) ) then he'll be in the third province.

OR you could have a Roman type Clan system

Hiyoshi Shimoda would be Hiyoshi Kaji Shimoda of (Samurai)

Good idea...or perhaps, there could be certain family names unique to a certain clan. For example, my char's name is Todosi Mirumoto, and the family name Todosi would be from the clan/province the Iskuguri, from which you could identify my char is from the Iskuguri clan. so my nick would be Todosi Mirumoto of (Samurai), which wouldn't make the names any longer at all.

ssj2sal
08-27-2002, 11:55 AM

1. I would be vey willing to figure out a clan system...haven't we already discussed this Hiyoshi?
2. Hiyoshi, the iskuguri has agreed to merge

Zurkiba
08-28-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by ssj2sal

Good idea...or perhaps, there could be certain family names unique to a certain clan. For example, my char's name is Todosi Mirumoto, and the family name Todosi would be from the clan/province the Iskuguri, from which you could identify my char is from the Iskuguri clan. so my nick would be Todosi Mirumoto of (Samurai), which wouldn't make the names any longer at all.
We tryed that in Dustari and it dont work :(

That'd bring in a power struggle and confusion. But I dont know... Samurai might have a few more-loyal people who'd be for this plan.

cloudstrifevii
08-28-2002, 04:03 AM
Well uhhhhhh so what,
omg pirate clans I will walk over to the other clans houses and burn them instant victory

NOTE:Pirates dont have clans there are different bands of pirate but this is one kingdom usually Pirates will kill eatchother if 2 bands meet k?and the dustari thing makes sense I mean no one wants to be a civillian.

feivel
08-28-2002, 10:08 AM
An easy way to indentify is by the color clothes people wear lolololol that or lets seee...
my name is Shogun Denryuu Dashio
people in my clan there family names would start with D
seeee.......

ok clan system:

Bobi Jan Kino is official wafflemaker the end!

ssj2sal
08-28-2002, 03:00 PM

We tryed that in Dustari and it dont work :(

That'd bring in a power struggle and confusion. But I dont know... Samurai might have a few more-loyal people who'd be for this plan.

I'd certainly hope there would be loyal people...in fact, i'm sure there are lots and lotas and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and well I could keep on going but that'd be irritating

feivel
08-29-2002, 04:42 AM
Ok new idea..
I thought of this on the way to school.
First of a clan system makes it easier on hte kingdom's central government because it doesnt require the king micromanaging every little thing. Its like the United States, you dont see every state trying to overthrow the other state, it only makes a better government. And for the names, I had a better idea then anyone.
A symbol. Just as every clan had a banner we can have a symbol in the name. kind of like..

llžll

Hiyoshi
08-29-2002, 08:53 AM
Ok new idea..
I thought of this on the way to school.
First of a clan system makes it easier on hte kingdom's central government because it doesnt require the king micromanaging every little thing. Its like the United States, you dont see every state trying to overthrow the other state, it only makes a better government. And for the names, I had a better idea then anyone.
A symbol. Just as every clan had a banner we can have a symbol in the name. kind of like..

llžll
I'm still not satisfied. You're going to have to come up with something much better than that...

feivel
08-30-2002, 04:12 AM
That is better!
Its the best it can be without being complex...

Zurkiba
08-30-2002, 06:42 AM
That is better!
Its the best it can be without being complex...

I cant even type that... so how do you think people will learn how to use it?

feivel
08-31-2002, 02:16 AM
its not that hard..
all i did was make to lowercase L's "ll" then i press alt+789 "ž" then I made two more lowercase L's...
thats how i made "llžll"

Zurkiba
08-31-2002, 02:49 AM
its not that hard..
all i did was make to lowercase L's "ll" then i press alt+789 "ž" then I made two more lowercase L's...
thats how i made "llžll"
Hiyoshi: Ok you're tag is Bushi Gameo Testo llžll of (Samurai)
Bushi Gameo Testo llSll of : Meh tag aint working
Hiyoshi: for the ž put Alt+789
Bushi Gameo Testo llAlt+789ll of: Still not working
Hiyoshi: No type in Alt + 789
Bushi: I did

etc...
You know some of the people of Graal... they sometimes dont take in information like you intend it to be taken in... so that'll cause stress and stuff with Hiyoshi and he'll go psycho and blow the kingdom up.

feivel
09-01-2002, 08:50 AM
If someone isnt smart enough or atleast patient enough to learn how do put a symbol in their name then I dont think they have a place in Samurai unless they want to be thhe village idiot or the whiner... hey every kingdom has to have one! :P

Hiyoshi
09-03-2002, 08:48 AM

Hiyoshi: Ok you're tag is Bushi Gameo Testo llžll of (Samurai)
Bushi Gameo Testo llSll of : Meh tag aint working
Hiyoshi: for the ž put Alt+789
Bushi Gameo Testo llAlt+789ll of: Still not working
Hiyoshi: No type in Alt + 789
Bushi: I did

etc...
You know some of the people of Graal... they sometimes dont take in information like you intend it to be taken in... so that'll cause stress and stuff with Hiyoshi and he'll go psycho and blow the kingdom up.
I'm not that psycho :)

KwuazlKenshin
09-05-2002, 07:10 AM
I have worked really hard for Samurai...... or well at least i tried my hardest and fought my hardest and well was kinda guarding the old gate on 2k1 for like ever = P but thats not the point... well it sorta is...anyway........ i was wanting to be the prince.. but then i heard Brad got it.... so now i heard there are three Shoguns = ) so now thats the rank i am trying at i suppose..... i just dont want to start at the begginging.... even though on 2k1 i was ranked up well... pretty quickly....i just wanted to start with a good rank.. = )

Zurkiba
09-05-2002, 06:25 PM
I have worked really hard for Samurai...... or well at least i tried my hardest and fought my hardest and well was kinda guarding the old gate on 2k1 for like ever = P but thats not the point... well it sorta is...anyway........ i was wanting to be the prince.. but then i heard Brad got it.... so now i heard there are three Shoguns = ) so now thats the rank i am trying at i suppose..... i just dont want to start at the begginging.... even though on 2k1 i was ranked up well... pretty quickly....i just wanted to start with a good rank.. = )
Why was the gate even there? :D... We Zormites always just attacked through the sewers.

And I think Brad is joining Dustari O_o.

game_king
09-06-2002, 03:28 PM

yea i wouldnt mind being one of the three shoguns considering i was with samurai from the begining :D

Back in the times when it was invites only, but that didnt really last!

KwuazlKenshin
09-07-2002, 05:24 AM
Brad? Dustari? Brad is supposedly the Samurai Prince......are you serious?

Hiyoshi
09-07-2002, 05:28 AM
Brad? Dustari? Brad is supposedly the Samurai Prince......are you serious?
I never appointed you as Prince, you just assumed you were. Feivel can handle that now. I quit the horrid job.

KwuazlKenshin
09-07-2002, 06:12 AM
Hiyoshi="I quit this Horrid Job" ?? horrid job?what is a horrid job?

feivel
09-07-2002, 06:28 AM
WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THREE SHOGUNS????

KwuazlKenshin
09-07-2002, 09:14 AM
ok i heard there can be more then one shogun... = / and nw i think everyone is confused and everythings in Choas.... i just want to know what Hiyoshi meant by he is quitting this horrid job X_x

KwuazlKenshin
09-07-2002, 09:17 AM
And i didnt awsume i was Prince i just wanted to be and was trying to become it.... i didnt say i was.... on account of no one has been picked i think except for Hiyoshi of course...

game_king
09-08-2002, 08:37 AM
I quit the horrid job.

if the horrid job is kingdom leader why are u quiting

fifi-nono
09-08-2002, 11:45 AM
does that mean there won't be a "Samurai"?....

game_king
09-08-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by fifi-nono
does that mean there won't be a "Samurai"?....

from the sound of it i think feivel will be taking Hiyoshi if thats the case then i dont realy mind considering i havent heard anything bad about feivel. YET!:)

Hiyoshi
09-08-2002, 01:52 PM
I've made a hierarchy...and no where in that did it say anything about 3 shoguns. I don't see where you got such an idea.

ssj2sal
09-08-2002, 05:20 PM
3 Shoguns...how crazy have you people been going lately....3 Shoguns....I'd quit samurai if there were 3 shoguns...simply because I would hate its unrealism to feudal japan

game_king
09-08-2002, 06:05 PM

I've made a hierarchy...and no where in that did it say anything about 3 shoguns. I don't see where you got such an idea.

are u going to release the hierarchy any time soon?

Zurkiba
09-08-2002, 07:41 PM
3 Shoguns...how crazy have you people been going lately....3 Shoguns....I'd quit samurai if there were 3 shoguns...simply because I would hate its unrealism to feudal japan
Shoguns = Dukes/Barons

They lead Provinces and there were more then one province O_o

KwuazlKenshin
09-08-2002, 11:00 PM
i read there are three shoguns in the forums somwhere but i am to lazy to go look = /

Zurkiba
09-08-2002, 11:26 PM
i read there are three shoguns in the forums somwhere but i am to lazy to go look = /
You read my idea then I think O_o... and No I have no command over the Samurai.... that's why it's an idea.

Hiyoshi
09-09-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by game_king

are u going to release the hierarchy any time soon?
No, due to the fact that I don't want any ideas stolen.

feivel
09-09-2002, 11:04 AM
Ok new rule,
unless you have studied or have basic knowledge of fuedal Japan then please dont make statements that are supposed to be factual. A Shogun is not a baron or fuedal lord. The Shogun was the military leader of Japan. A Daimyo is a fuedal lord generally the leader of a clan.

game_king
09-09-2002, 01:59 PM

No, due to the fact that I don't want any ideas stolen.

Ok fair enough

-=Edited=-

Just thought i would add this
Shogun: title given by the emperor to the daimyo who showed himself to be the richest and the most powerful of all the lords

-=Edited=-

ssj2sal
09-09-2002, 02:21 PM

Shoguns = Dukes/Barons

They lead Provinces and there were more then one province O_o

DAMN FOOOOOLLLLL...Don't say anything if what you have to say is completely incorrect...Feivel.....help...i'm surrounded by unknowledgeable bable thingamy people ma whatsits...

Zurkiba
09-09-2002, 06:22 PM
Ok new rule,
unless you have studied or have basic knowledge of fuedal Japan then please dont make statements that are supposed to be factual. A Shogun is not a baron or fuedal lord. The Shogun was the military leader of Japan. A Daimyo is a fuedal lord generally the leader of a clan.
My bad... I got them mixed up :/....

Hiyoshi
09-09-2002, 10:37 PM

if the horrid job is kingdom leader why are u quiting
I was referring to my job at the Winn Dixie Marketplace...

yea i wouldnt mind being one of the three shoguns considering i was with samurai from the begining :D

Back in the times when it was invites only, but that didnt really last!
...I don't even know you. How do you expect you would acheive that? Oh yeah, let's appoint some guy who I don't even know, and haven't heard of, as Shogun...that'll be real good...

Don't worry, I'm not ****ing around. I'd never, ever do such a stupid thing. Jesus Christ...and if one of those other people had won that election Samurai would sink right to hell...these idiots show pure misunderstandings. They wouldn't have had any idea what to do, and probably WOULD have 3 shoguns.

-Axel-
09-10-2002, 12:40 AM

DAMN FOOOOOLLLLL...Don't say anything if what you have to say is completely incorrect...Feivel.....help...i'm surrounded by unknowledgeable bable thingamy people ma whatsits...

I'm sorry, we have better things to worry about then the past.

Grow up.

Zurkiba
09-10-2002, 02:55 AM

Don't worry, I'm not ****ing around. I'd never, ever do such a stupid thing. Jesus Christ...and if one of those other people had won that election Samurai would sink right to hell...these idiots show pure misunderstandings. They wouldn't have had any idea what to do, and probably WOULD have 3 shoguns.
I would :D... Three Generals means a War Council and it also means there is a militant offical online nearly at all times :/

Coldflare
09-10-2002, 05:12 AM
I could study Japan, I have a huge fat book that I was going to take a course with but I never did, and I didn't read it either, I should probly look at some things in it soon though.

feivel
09-10-2002, 06:26 AM
Hiyoshi it wouldnt matter if anyone else won the elections because if they did we would just take over anyway :P

Zurkiba
09-10-2002, 06:12 PM
Hiyoshi it wouldnt matter if anyone else won the elections because if they did we would just take over anyway :P
That's the Sportsmanship like Spirit! :D

game_king
09-10-2002, 06:57 PM
...I don't even know you. How do you expect you would acheive that? Oh yeah, let's appoint some guy who I don't even know, and haven't heard of, as Shogun...that'll be real good...

lol i did realy expect you to even reply to that i was just saying that it would be cool to be a shogun

Admins
09-16-2002, 06:52 AM
I think such clans are possibly, it just depends how you organize your kingdom, vertical or horizontal hierarchy

feivel
09-17-2002, 09:23 AM
What is this horizontal heirarchy you speak o of wise stefan man guy!?

Here is the basic heirarchy so far

Shogun
then Daimyo under Daimyo is Taisho and then there are warriors,
each Daimyo heads a clan,
Wizards (Shugenja) and Warrior Monks (Sohei) are not in any clan, as they have their own temple and little place in either side of the mountain (will have)
blah blah blah.

KwuazlKenshin
09-18-2002, 03:39 AM
Cool. i wanna be Daimyo r Tashio = ) my tag n 2k1 is Tashio s i should try smthing different = D lol did you fix your little Shogun problem Mr. Dashio?

feivel
09-18-2002, 06:51 AM
I did fix the problem.
I am adding members,
and Kwuazl today is your lucky day becayse You are a Daimyo,
I need you to think of a name for your clan,
if you cant think of a good japanese name go to

http://poets.notredame.ac.jp/cgi-bin/jedi-inon

and look up a cool word,
then I need you to think of a symbol fo your clan,
an example is lžl
all you need is a symbol made by pressing all those alt numpad combinations :D then IM me at Hifeiv
or send em a forum PM

fifi-nono
09-18-2002, 09:34 AM
i've been waiting for recruition for quite awhile... so yeah...

KwuazlKenshin
09-19-2002, 05:12 AM
Thank you very much Dashio. as i said i am no longer aloud to get on for 2 more days ='( but when the weekend comes = ) happy. thanks

KwuazlKenshin
09-20-2002, 09:21 AM
Does Kawasachi sound okay? and my alt is messed up right now but <, alt+0216,>. for the symbol. if you dont like it just tell me and i will look for another = ) i just thought that sounded good