PDA

View Full Version : Weight factor

brock128
08-10-2002, 06:50 AM
I think you should increase the speed you go at. I have my tools and a few weapons and I can't move about an inch every 2 seconds. Whereas people can move about 2 inches every second...

AlexH
08-10-2002, 06:52 AM
The weight of the items needs to be adjusted.
Most items weigh far too much.

Er1c
08-10-2002, 07:48 AM
You probably have low strength or something.

brock128
08-10-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Er1c
You probably have low strength or something.
Low strength does not = 15.

konidias
08-10-2002, 10:43 AM
Maybe lose the heavy items then? The shovel is super heavy, I don't carry one on me because the only use it has is getting tree and corn seeds. I would rather just use my pickaxe and get minerals, then I can sell them, have a ton of money, and buy whatever items I can't get with the shovel. :)

I have golden paladin helmet, iron boots, gold chainmail, diamond sword, shiny shield, and I still have 1+ speed. I just don't carry lots of crap I don't need. :)

CheeToS2
08-10-2002, 12:03 PM
Well why in the blue hell does a shovel weigh more than a sword in the first place?! =P
It should be like 10 kg.. not 30.

brock128
08-10-2002, 10:08 PM
I think they should have a storage shed.

konidias
08-10-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by brock128
I think they should have a storage shed.

Well I would imagine that is what houses or castles can be used for.

aylad
08-11-2002, 01:17 AM
What I didn't understand is when you take a bar of iron - what's that weigh? About 2 kg? And then you shape it on an anvil, some of the things you turn it into are heavier than the bar. I think the hat skeletons are that way. You're not adding anything to the bar, you're just using one bar, but it comes out heavier.

I can understand the item being lighter, because maybe some iron is wasted in the forge, but heavier? No way.

MasterNuke
08-11-2002, 06:24 AM
yea... the weight of items should be similiar or lighter than the materials used to make them.... especially stuff like the diamond sword... 18kg of blade is really messed up... convert that to lbs and see what you get x.x

ChocoboGrn
08-11-2002, 09:56 PM
Yeah, a lot of weight's don't make sense at all...
Shovel (30 kg) - made from Two iron bars (4 kgs)
Then again, who among you can carry around 200 kg's without even slowing down at all, and have a max carry limit of around 2,000 kg's before you can't move at all?

mikepg
08-11-2002, 11:13 PM
just drop things you don't need. You should have to go slower if you have ten tons of stuff to carry. Imagine you're an average strengthed person, you carry a sword, a shovel, a pick axe, a steel watering can, an axe, and god knows what else in a back pack or something of the like. You cannot honestly tell me you wouldn't be walking pretty slow!

God help you if you carry around those items though...maybe if you live in russia you might need them...

But the weight factor is good.

Just hide your stuff behind a tree somewhere out of the way if it's valuable, or just drop it and make another if it's worthless.
People hide things behind trees all the time, I know I do when I restart if there aren't any players on that i trust to hold my stuff.

Brad
08-11-2002, 11:28 PM
My cauldron weighs 80 kg :[