PDA

View Full Version : Govannon

unixmad
08-07-2002, 06:51 PM
Govannon Dwarven Diety of Metal Smithing and Warcraft, Giant Basher, Delver of Secrets

Description: Good old Govannon. Having the most powerful holy word & avatar and maybe the most desirable blessing for weapons, leveling up with Govannon seems like a cakewalk. Even more: fire +30! Govannon is probably the best choice for newbies. But reaching higher levels, Govannon has some drawbacks too: Confusion -10 looks harmless, but at a certain level it starts to hurt. Also, there are no great special-spells waiting at higher levels.

Name of the enemy god: Ogma

Attacktype(s): Weaponmagic
Resistance(s): Fire +20
Vulnerable: Slow -50, Confusion -10
Attuned: Creation, Transmutation
Repelled: Summoning
Denied: n/a
Special: n/a

Granted Spell(s): Wall of Thorns (medium level)
Altar Effect(s): Remove Damnation, Remove Curse, Enchant Weapon (high)
Holy Relic(s): Govannon's Plate Mail (low level, rare)
Avatar: 1x1, 350 hp, ac -10 wc -6 dam 50 armour 75Avatar now has Fire Reistance of 60% (used to be 30%)

MilkyWay0016
08-09-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by unixmad
Transmutation

Whats this...?

Zurkiba
08-17-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by MilkyWay0016

Whats this...?

Main Entry: trans∑mu∑ta∑tion
Pronunciation: "tran(t)s-myu-'tA-sh&n, "tranz-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English transmutacioun, from Middle French or Latin; Middle French transmutation, from Latin transmutation-, transmutatio, from transmutare
Date: 14th century
: an act or instance of transmuting or being transmuted : as a : the conversion of base metals into gold or silver b : the conversion of one element or nuclide into another either naturally or artificially
- trans∑mut∑a∑tive /tran(t)s-'myŁ-t&-tiv, tranz-/ adjective

cshank4
08-17-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Zurkiba

Main Entry: trans∑mu∑ta∑tion
Pronunciation: "tran(t)s-myu-'tA-sh&n, "tranz-
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English transmutacioun, from Middle French or Latin; Middle French transmutation, from Latin transmutation-, transmutatio, from transmutare
Date: 14th century
: an act or instance of transmuting or being transmuted : as a : the conversion of base metals into gold or silver b : the conversion of one element or nuclide into another either naturally or artificially
- trans∑mut∑a∑tive /tran(t)s-'myŁ-t&-tiv, tranz-/ adjective
Think King Midas

Thak2
08-17-2002, 02:21 PM
Vulnerable: Slow -50

Slow -50? Does that lower the characters speed, or his resistance to slow spells?

Zurkiba
08-18-2002, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Thak2

Slow -50? Does that lower the characters speed, or his resistance to slow spells?
Magic Resisitance.

Flameuss
08-23-2002, 09:54 AM
id like to transmute some items into moneh :D

Brad
09-03-2002, 04:29 AM
(Ronith)

um yeah...

Govannons holy word.
Powerful. Deadly.
Heals 3 hp!

I was told it was a very powerful spell that could kill high level characters, but i suppose someone told me wrong. :(

Zurkiba
09-08-2002, 09:48 AM
I have two questions

#1. Is there ANYONE else worshipping Govannon? If so we should meet together to get an organized religion up :D

#2. Will there be anything better for Govannon? I mean like we get -50 slow, -10 confusion, +20 fire resitance... that is about it.
I mean like Bile never has to eat and they get spells :/ and Brigids gets a shitload of spells and items.

How come Govannon doesn't get more holy items? I mean he's the blacksmith :(

Locke_boy
10-31-2002, 01:17 AM
Enchant Weapon (high)

What does the "(high)" mean? I know it has nothing to do with level; I've seen people with low levels enchant with gods that say "(high)" there. Does that just mean how good the actual enchantment is? Anyway .. how can one know which weapons will be enchanted and which won't .. or can all weapons be enchanted? :rolleyes:

TerrorBite
11-01-2002, 03:41 PM
All weapons can be enchanted by any god, heck I even got my war horn enchanted! ^.^ ... as for govannon, he may have a special attribute added to the weapon or something...

Locke_boy
11-01-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by TerrorBite
All weapons can be enchanted by any god, heck I even got my war horn enchanted! ^.^ ... as for govannon, he may have a special attribute added to the weapon or something...

Well .. I'll just have to keep trying, then. It would be nice to have my short skull sword with the WC+2 enchanted. :D

--Chris--
02-03-2003, 07:11 AM
If he denies summoning, what's the sense of giving him an avatar?

graaliholic
02-04-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by --Chris--
If he denies summoning, what's the sense of giving him an avatar?

not denied - repelled, meaning it costs more grace

Rax
02-10-2003, 01:58 AM
wow magic attack type thats good against ogma

graaliholic
02-10-2003, 10:50 PM
magic attack is good against many things :P

zell12
02-24-2003, 01:14 AM
Weaponmagic is the best. Better then ogma :D

GoZelda
04-12-2003, 04:00 PM
Weaponmagic is the doom of all rexes.

Satrek2000
04-24-2003, 08:37 PM
Am I right when I guess that his avarat uses weaponmagic? And/or physical?

Kaiser2
04-24-2003, 11:21 PM
Both, Gov's avatar uses physical and weaponmagic. (I remember explaining blessing to some newer player and when it came to weapon magic he was like "COOL! what spells does weaponmagic let you cast?")

Satrek2000
04-25-2003, 09:33 AM
Thanks - And well, I'd say you can cast any weapon - it'll just lay in front of you, but at least you casted it ;)

Locke_boy
04-25-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by GoZelda
Weaponmagic is the doom of all rexes.

That's not the reason that Govannon weapons tear them up.

Kaiser2
04-25-2003, 05:07 PM
Yes, it's slay giant and slay goblin that is.

DenoriZakarum
05-29-2003, 03:28 PM
It must be my lucky day!!!!!

DragonX
05-29-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by DenoriZakarum

That's his holy relic :p

Thallen
06-28-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by DenoriZakarum
Wow, lucky you. I find it more interesting how you intrap yourself with trees around the statue of Govannon, very original. :p

zell12
06-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Thorins platemail sucks :(

graaliholic
06-28-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by zell12
Thorins platemail sucks :(

Compared to what, mithril? I'd take Thorin's plate anyday over mithril.

GoZelda
07-01-2003, 02:21 PM
What are the stats on Thorin's platemail anyway?

darkemporor
07-20-2003, 09:17 PM
Govannon Armor (called Thorin's plate mail +2) has these stats:

Str+1, AC+3, Armor+50, resist fire+30

But more curious to me is to find that after reaching level 24 wisdom, I failed to bring a weapon to +6.... My blessing experience has usually jumped every 4th level.

wisdom :
level 4= +1 blessings
level 8= +2 blessings
level 12= +3 blessings
level 16= +4 blessings
level 20= +5 blessings

What level wisdom do I have to be to bless +6? IS there a Govannon +6 blessing?:\

Satrek2000
07-20-2003, 10:43 PM
It is every 4 level for Gov, and that problem has already been posted elsewhere. It should be +6 at wis lv 24...

darkemporor
07-20-2003, 11:11 PM
wisdom :
level 4= +1 blessings
level 8= +2 blessings
level 12= +3 blessings
level 16= +4 blessings
level 20= +5 blessings

Level 24 = +5 blessing, Satrek? I don't get it.

Sorry, my very first post on forums :) I should have read every thread in every forum before posting a question related to Govannon blessings under '2002 gods>Govannon'.

TripleE
08-02-2003, 09:35 PM
Can anyone tell me how I can get the relics,and spells? I dont have either. Govannon is my god. I am level 12 wisdom.

graaliholic
08-02-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by TripleE
Can anyone tell me how I can get the relics,and spells? I dont have either. Govannon is my god. I am level 12 wisdom.

You need 50 base grace to get things marked as (low), 150 to get things marked (medium) and 300 to get (high)

Desolator12
10-01-2003, 04:11 AM
ok, i worship gov, i marked an item, i prayed for a while (with piety.. using hotkeys) and all it says is "you feel a holy presence... you feel like someone is helping you".. what does it say when the wep you have marked gets blessed so i can get it to +3.... lvl 6, wis 14

graaliholic
10-01-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Desolator12
ok, i worship gov, i marked an item, i prayed for a while (with piety.. using hotkeys) and all it says is "you feel a holy presence... you feel like someone is helping you".. what does it say when the wep you have marked gets blessed so i can get it to +3.... lvl 6, wis 14

You DONT mark the weapon. I don't know where this came from, but it's false. You have to equip the weapon. Each + on a weapon for gov is 4 levels in wisdom, at a max of +12 at level 48 wis.

Satrek2000
10-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by graaliholic
You DONT mark the weapon. I don't know where this came from, but it's false.

I don't know either, but I (and the other blessing Horns) usually wield and mark the weapons we intend to bless, so it doesn't hurt either. Never tried it with an unmarked sword though...

graaliholic
10-02-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Satrek2000

I don't know either, but I (and the other blessing Horns) usually wield and mark the weapons we intend to bless, so it doesn't hurt either. Never tried it with an unmarked sword though...

I never mark any weapons while blessing and it always works. The one time I did us /mark, to try the rumor (without equipping), it didn't work.

greeno
11-12-2003, 12:20 AM
yea, you dont need to mark it...

I recently got Thorins Plate Mail, from Gov, I really like it, and It would be so much better if the weight was lowered on it to like 30 or 40 kg... its 50 right now... of course this should go in suggestions shouldnt it...

thesaiyan
11-12-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by greeno
yea, you dont need to mark it...

I recently got Thorins Plate Mail, from Gov, I really like it, and It would be so much better if the weight was lowered on it to like 30 or 40 kg... its 50 right now... of course this should go in suggestions shouldnt it...

Agreed. I think the armor should be lowered..
Anyways I have Thorin's plate mail and rececntly acquired Scalemail of Ruggili (sp?) It weighs much less than thorin's plate mail. Like 18kg, but it slowed me down way more.. Wearing thorin's plate mail, my speed went from 3.866 to 2.133. Wearing ruggili scalemail, 3.866 to 1.8.. wts? Why does the lighter armor weigh me down more than the super heavy god relic? :confused:

greeno
12-15-2003, 12:23 AM
one reason might be that it IS a god relic.. you know, holy speed ;x maybe it is made of heavy material, but it is easy to move in...

GoZelda
12-15-2003, 12:59 AM
Maybe it's got a speed or str bonus which cancels out a bit of the weight :|

DashDarko
01-01-2004, 06:24 PM
:O Gov = Ownage for levels 3-10
i leveled 8 levels in one rex run he is amazing for those stages
I Always choose my bard armed with a +5 Gov comp bow
This is probably gov's main use killing rex's :P
i recomment it to any low levelers
get yourself a gov blessed bow and go and start killin rex's :P

Desolator12
02-12-2004, 04:14 AM
right now, i'm concentrating on lvling my wisdom skill... so I can get better gov weps... and so I can get better cause "whatever" spells... ehehe... I can't wait to be able to instant-kill a rex... 2 mediums and 1 light kills a rex... at least from me... so next level should take 1 and then a medium... then eventualy just 1 >:}

gov is good for lower levels... especially since his blessed weps get you major moneh... his weps rule against lords...

Satrek2000
02-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Desolator12
I can't wait to be able to instant-kill a rex...

I have one-hit kills with rexes, red rexes, iguanodons, iguanodon babies, dievils, smokys, heavils, wolves, panthers at times... did I mention that I'm following Bile? :p

thesaiyan
02-14-2004, 02:41 AM

I have one-hit kills with rexes, red rexes, iguanodons, iguanodon babies, dievils, smokys, heavils, wolves, panthers at times... did I mention that I'm following Bile? :p

He may mean that with Gov it will be easier to level to a higher wisdom level fast and be able to insta-kill those monsters. Once you reach a certain wisdom level, your cause wounds spell will insta-kill any monster like that if you're high enough no matter what god you follow.

ww3098zelda
02-23-2004, 03:33 AM
umm i think they made a mistake it shows that gov's armor is a low lvl rare item when its like common i've gotten it liek 24 times in 3 days

is it me or has it been made common ?

Damix2
02-23-2004, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by ww3098zelda
umm i think they made a mistake it shows that gov's armor is a low lvl rare item when its like common i've gotten it liek 24 times in 3 days

is it me or has it been made common ?

I think it is only takes me 10-20 min to get

Satrek2000
02-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by ww3098zelda

Uhm... why did you drop it that often? And besides, I'd say rare here means that it takes a little longer, not that only prescious few people can get it. Also, I don't even know whether common or rare apply and work with relics on GK.

zell12
02-23-2004, 02:13 PM
Actually, it takes you 10 minutes to get it when everyone had like, 15 luck from the necklace boots, etc.

Took me like, a hour and 15 minutes one time to get it, and I gad 21 wis, and like, 4 luck... ;o

Monkeyboy_McGee
02-23-2004, 06:25 PM

Yeah, we all know that overall, bile is the sexiest beast on the planet, but i'd like to see you 1HKO a trex or iguanadon at lvl5 physique, which is what these guys are talking about

And about thorin's platemail...back when i had it, it took me just like 15 minutes to get it, if even that, and this was with around 17 pow and 14/15 wis o_o
The relics are obsolete now anyway though :(

Satrek2000
02-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by zell12
Actually, it takes you 10 minutes to get it when everyone had like, 15 luck from the necklace boots, etc.

The necklace only gives 1 luck - there's no item I'm aware of that gives more than luck +1. They used to give 15, but have been tuned down, which Aengus appreciated, I guess ;)

Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee
Yeah, we all know that overall, bile is the sexiest beast on the planet,...

Actually, brigid is a lot sexier than Bile... or are you talking about the god's atributes and not their appeareance? :p

Khallos_2k2
02-23-2004, 08:48 PM

The relics are obsolete now anyway though :(

Stat wise? Or because when you get them they aren't EAd to +10 or prepped with 485269 slots and dealing 31764387 damage with +377 to strength? Or because everyone has 30 30 30 30 30 30 stats, 90+ armour and -43587632746 ac?
Ogma's Orc Helmet is better than quite a few helms out, I find it good without having to buy any FHoM etc

Monkeyboy_McGee
02-24-2004, 09:10 PM

Actually, brigid is a lot sexier than Bile... or are you talking about the god's atributes and not their appeareance? :p

HERETIC! And i'm talking about the god overall. I mean wtf, what would you rather choose, some pacifistic little thingumy represented by some black *****cat, or a kickass undead bringer of plague and waste and stuff, represented by an undead scythe-wielder? Bile is just so cool :cool: plus you can't easily beat not having to eat and stuff without buying&wearing items, and his avatar is quite good (if not a little slow) and his blessing is good too. 1HKOs all the way!!
Plus, brigid doesn't give much good stuff at all. Blessings are useless, and her relics are only for the most powerful of powerful of her worshippers. Who do you think will win, a handful of brigid worshippers with no weapons, and some special shield, or hundreds upon hundreds of undead minions all wielding life-draining, 1HKO weapons, aided by the god's powerful worshippers and their extreme diseases? Afetr all, a shield can't stop a plague ;)

Originally posted by Khallos_2k2

Stat wise? Or because when you get them they aren't EAd to +10 or prepped with 485269 slots and dealing 31764387 damage with +377 to strength? Or because everyone has 30 30 30 30 30 30 stats, 90+ armour and -43587632746 ac?
Ogma's Orc Helmet is better than quite a few helms out, I find it good without having to buy any FHoM etc

Well most of the above, really. For a start, some of the items haven't even been made yet, such as aengus's sexy sexy bow. Secondly, yes, the stats are outclassed in many ways. Take thorin's platemail for example. The only thing that sets it apart from craftable armour is that it is automatically +2ed. But as you say, this matters not a bit since plenty of players are running around with +10 and as far as i know, you -cannot- prep or enchant relics (plus there's always the risk that if you can, you could drop it or trade it by accident, destroying all your upgrades XD).
And about not having to buy an FHoM...this is exactly what i'm talking about. These random alchemy items were obtained by sheer luck, and those with less intelligence had a higher chance of getting them (im not sure of this though, i was never actually there so im not familiar with the process). The event items were originally obtained by doing something as easy as competing in an event and being lucky enough to win one. Surely these relics, which take lots and lots of painstaking work to get, should be more powerful than alch/event items? =/

Khallos_2k2
02-24-2004, 10:20 PM

as far as i know, you -cannot- prep or enchant relics (plus there's always the risk that if you can, you could drop it or trade it by accident, destroying all your upgrades XD).
I don't know about the EAing, a friend of mine has EAd his Ogmas Orc Helmet (apparently)

those with less intelligence had a higher chance of getting them (im not sure of this though, i was never actually there so im not familiar with the process). The event items were originally obtained by doing something as easy as competing in an event and being lucky enough to win one. Surely these relics, which take lots and lots of painstaking work to get, should be more powerful than alch/event items? =/

Yes, I think it was the lower the intelligence, the better the item (usually).
Yes, these items SHOULD be better than other items, but on Graal Kingdoms, things aren't fair (generally). EAs and IWDs effectively ruined having better weapons/armours/shields, and pretty much cancelled out monsters, since when you have -60 AC nothing can hit you most of the time. This even applies to event weaps, like war axes-->vicious axes, and inferno swords--> flaming swords

Satrek2000
02-25-2004, 11:51 AM
HERETIC! And i'm talking about the god overall. I mean wtf, what would you rather choose, some pacifistic little thingumy represented by some black *****cat, or a kickass undead bringer of plague and waste and stuff, represented by an undead scythe-wielder?

If Bile brews a tea, he boils some bones. Also, Brigis herself is much a more pleasant sight...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Monkeyboy_McGee
[B]Plus, brigid doesn't give much good stuff at all. Blessings are useless, and her relics are only for the most powerful of powerful of her worshippers. Who do you think will win, a handful of brigid worshippers with no weapons, and some special shield, or hundreds upon hundreds of undead minions all wielding life-draining, 1HKO weapons, aided by the god's powerful worshippers and their extreme diseases? Afetr all, a shield can't stop a plague ;)

No, but her regeneration, her slay undead and her really fast avatar-kitten can make a difference. Also, her gloves deal fire, which us bilies don't really like...

you -cannot- prep or enchant relics

You can - depending on your level as with any other armour.

Nidonemo
03-11-2004, 06:54 AM
I was recently switched from Bile to Govannon and despite the hacker who did it and the EXP loss, it may just have been a blessing in disguise...thankfully my friend had a spare Sus. Amulet and she saved my butt from many starvations, deaths resulting from lack of bladder control and flaming farts!

zell12
03-11-2004, 07:00 AM
The necklace only gives 1 luck - there's no item I'm aware of that gives more than luck +1. They used to give 15, but have been tuned down, which Aengus appreciated, I guess ;)
I sometimes wonder if people read anymore, or just skim through peoples posts.

zs0
05-10-2004, 12:19 AM
What does it take to get the Thorin's Platemail? Can you still obtain it?

Satrek2000
05-10-2004, 05:45 AM
Yes, if you have 50 base grace to double at the altar in order to reach 100..

zs0
05-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Yes, if you have 50 base grace to double at the altar in order to reach 100..
You need 100 grace to get the armour?

Splke
05-14-2004, 11:21 PM
You need 100 grace to get the armour?

Base = 50

While praying on the altar for x amount of time, your grace slowly builds over the 50, and doubles itself. Then afterwards, you have a small waitting period where the armor suddenly becomes yours... (ps, it sucks)

Destorm
05-16-2004, 12:09 AM
gov needs a good high relic, most others have one :(

Monkeyboy_McGee
05-16-2004, 12:53 AM
Base = 50

While praying on the altar for x amount of time, your grace slowly builds over the 50, and doubles itself. Then afterwards, you have a small waitting period where the armor suddenly becomes yours... (ps, it sucks)

Nah, thorins is better than most obtainable armours, plus it comes with an enchantment (what is it again, +2,3 or 5?).

Destorm
05-16-2004, 02:43 AM
no seriously berwean armour is better then thorin -_- it sucks so badly, makes your speed split in half

Splke
05-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Nah, thorins is better than most obtainable armours, plus it comes with an enchantment (what is it again, +2,3 or 5?).

Ugh, the armor is awful... it's weight alone makes your speed half what it was, which is a huge downfall imo...

Monkeyboy_McGee
05-16-2004, 01:25 PM
no seriously berwean armour is better then thorin -_- it sucks so badly, makes your speed split in half

trew, but berwean armour really is hard to find - kinda harder than to get 50 base grace, imho (even though i did really struggle to get there due to being a barb in a gold key depression).

But hmm, i found it useful all the same. So what if it cuts your speed? I only equipped it when i was fighting monsters that i needed it for (lords, red rexes and iguanadons back in those days i think)...and you don't need a lot of mobility for them.

Thallen
06-26-2004, 08:55 PM
How many wisdom levels are required to bless items + for Govannon? Is it 4 per level?

GoZelda
06-27-2004, 09:49 PM
Yes, it is.

kenyonandelliot
04-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Is there any plans to tweak the thorrin armor?

iemg88
04-12-2007, 03:29 AM
Gov is pretty good but the lack of food i always get is dangerous, im eating easter eggs!

Obs311
09-13-2007, 04:32 AM
Govannon +1 = level 4
Govannon +2 = level 8
Govannon +3 = level 12
Govannon +4 = level 16
Govannon +5 = level 20
Govannon +6 = level 28
Govannon +7 = level 36
Govannon +8 = level 48
Govannon +9 = level 64