PDA

View Full Version : DianCecht

unixmad
08-07-2002, 06:44 PM
DianCecht Lord of Angels, Duke of the Heavens, Healer and Protector

Description: DianCecht is the god of light and "positive aura". This god has no serious penalties, in return he won't support you much in general combat. His advantages are a mighty slaying (demon) and vision on dark maps. However, the permanent glow of DianCecht's disciples is a mixed blessing, since monsters will spot these players more easily.

Name of the enemy god: Balor

Attacktype(s): Blinding
Resistance(s): Fear +100, Confusion +20, Blinding +100
Vulnerable: n/a
Attuned: Mind, Protection, Light
Repelled: n/a
Denied: Death, Wounding
Special: Permanent Glow

Granted Spell(s): Sunspear (medium level), Daylight (medium level), Wrathful Eye (medium level)
Altar Effect(s): Remove Damnation, Remove Curse, Enchant Weapon (low)
Holy Relic(s): n/a
Avatar: 1x1, 350 hp, ac -7 wc -1 dam 50 armour 50 Attacktypes: Blinding, Physical

zell12
08-09-2002, 12:41 AM
Hehe, I like this one :)

adam
08-09-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by zell12
Hehe, I like this one :)
:)

Discharge
08-09-2002, 12:59 PM
What about the Paladins.....we need holy magic and a god too... :(

adam
08-09-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Discharge
What about the Paladins.....we need holy magic and a god too... :(

:(

Paladin.... Sounds fun? I wanna be one?

brock128
08-12-2002, 09:03 AM
I followed Diancecht, and got nothing except for resistances...

Thak2
08-17-2002, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by brock128
I followed Diancecht, and got nothing except for resistances...

Did you atleast glow?

Locke_boy
08-24-2002, 09:31 AM
I recently began following DianCecht, I got the resistances and what not, but no glow.

brock128
08-24-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Locke_boy
I recently began following DianCecht, I got the resistances and what not, but no glow.

Flameuss
08-26-2002, 11:14 PM
ooo light spell i can blind my enymies and steal there items

Discharge
10-27-2002, 01:27 PM
Where is Diancecht's altar located anyway?

TerrorBite
10-27-2002, 01:52 PM
The mountain ^.^. You will find the altar to the south west portion of the mountain, I can take you there if you pm me and I am on main ^.^

Discharge
10-28-2002, 11:04 AM
If I pray over on his altar will he eventually give me a spell?

MasterNuke
10-28-2002, 11:22 AM
I think you get sunspear around level 6-7... Still unknown though

gozenkenkaku
11-05-2002, 04:12 AM
Anything work yet?

graaliholic
11-06-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by gozenkenkaku
Anything work yet?
Not yet :o

MaverickZero
11-12-2002, 05:41 AM
what island is this alter on?

Locke_boy
11-12-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by MaverickZero
what island is this alter on?

It's on Graal Island, on Mt. Antora.

kenyonandelliot
03-30-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by unixmad
DianCecht Lord of Angels, Duke of the Heavens, Healer and Protector

Description: DianCecht is the god of light and "positive aura". This god has no serious penalties, in return he won't support you much in general combat. His advantages are a mighty slaying (demon) and vision on dark maps. However, the permanent glow of DianCecht's disciples is a mixed blessing, since monsters will spot these players more easily.

Name of the enemy god: Balor

Attacktype(s): Blinding
Resistance(s): Fear +100, Confusion +20, Blinding +100
Vulnerable: n/a
Attuned: Mind, Protection, Light
Repelled: n/a
Denied: Death, Wounding
Special: Permanent Glow

Granted Spell(s): Sunspear (medium level), Daylight (medium level), Wrathful Eye (medium level)
Altar Effect(s): Remove Damnation, Remove Curse, Enchant Weapon (low)
Holy Relic(s): n/a
Avatar: 1x1, 350 hp, ac -7 wc -1 dam 50 armour 50 Attacktypes: Blinding, Physical

Whats permanent glow?

Discharge
03-30-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by kenyonandelliot

Whats permanent glow?

A nice shinny light that radiates from you, kinda like Jesus.

Kaiser2
04-01-2003, 03:34 AM
actually, it's invisible, but it makes it easier for you to hit enemies, but you get hit easier too.

Tyhm
04-08-2003, 05:41 AM
Would anyone object if this became Vangel, was finished, and gave equivalent powers? What would need to be done to finish this god?

MasterNuke
04-08-2003, 06:10 AM
Err... refresh my mind on who Vangel is, and why it seems so familiar...

Satrek2000
04-08-2003, 11:20 AM
... and what do you mean by equivalent powers - the same stuff with a different name or a completely different god just pointing in the same direction?

Tyhm
04-08-2003, 02:26 PM
Vangel = JF guy (I'm told occasionally I shouldn't call him the founder), great scripter, nice guy.

Other option would be Dante, but as that's more commonly the guy who went to hell and returned, probably not the best choice for a name without knowing the explanation already.

It would basically replace DianCecht - a rename accompanied with the removal of everything in this description that DOESN'T work and the addition of things which DO work. If there's no sunspear prayer, a blinding-type mana bolt...if undead aren't weak against blinding type damage, they should be....

Satrek2000
04-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Well, I wouldn't object if that means the god in the slot DianCecht is finished more quickly... I can't say I'd miss him, as I lack the praying skill :rolleyes:

Discharge
06-22-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Vangel = JF guy (I'm told occasionally I shouldn't call him the founder), great scripter, nice guy.

Other option would be Dante, but as that's more commonly the guy who went to hell and returned, probably not the best choice for a name without knowing the explanation already.

It would basically replace DianCecht - a rename accompanied with the removal of everything in this description that DOESN'T work and the addition of things which DO work. If there's no sunspear prayer, a blinding-type mana bolt...if undead aren't weak against blinding type damage, they should be....

Yes, I believe the name DianCecht is odd and I'm not sure if I'm even pronouncing it correctly. Vangel would definitely sound allot better then Dianchect, along with correcting the gods blessings and holy grants or whatever.

Satrek2000
06-22-2003, 07:18 PM
Also, weapons blessed to DianCecht should be of some worth - not referring to plats, but some attacktype or whatever to make it effective to worship him and try to get his blessing - as it's hard, one would think that a weapon of DianCecht is in some ways better than one of, say, Ogma.

graaliholic
06-22-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
Also, weapons blessed to DianCecht should be of some worth - not referring to plats, but some attacktype or whatever to make it effective to worship him and try to get his blessing - as it's hard, one would think that a weapon of DianCecht is in some ways better than one of, say, Ogma.

Diancecht weapons used to be good, because they gave whoever you hit blind, which seriously messed up their WC and AC. Back when people were around level 8, this would completely annihilate your opponent because they just became as good at hitting as a level 1-2, with an AC that let even the worst strike many times. Today with everyone have like -30 AC and/or WC, it doesn't quite have the same effect. Maybe if each +1 dian gives could make blinding attacks hurt more (normal dian would be -20 wc and -10 ac, seriously screwing you over, +1 would be -40/-20 since you need to be level 8 to get it, +2 -60/-30 because its level 16 to get, etc.) then I would definately switch to diancecht, even though his lack of low level spells and artifacts.

Discharge
06-22-2003, 11:59 PM
Another thing, wouldn't it be difficult to start out as a new player but a follower of Diancecht? Since we can't use the prayer wounds and there is not any other low level prayers that can allow you to advance in grace points.

adam
06-23-2003, 01:44 AM
Vangel. ;) He is very cool. His work was one of my inspirations for becoming a scripter. I should work on my tribute firesnake. It needs a little work, but nearly done. I just kinda let it slide for a while.

ChristopherJenova
08-07-2003, 07:36 PM
can anyone show me plz the alatar? ChristopherJenova

TripleE
10-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by ChristopherJenova
can anyone show me plz the alatar? ChristopherJenova
South of Igloo Town

ww3098zelda
02-27-2004, 07:48 AM
Sunspear (medium level), Daylight (medium level), Wrathful Eye (medium level)

does anyone know if these are accurate and if they acually work?

Kaiser2
02-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Sunspear works. It's like the king of PK prayers.

Also, to whomever said each "+1" in his weapons should give like -10 wc and -20 ac or whatever, you must be INSANE!
Dude, you'll eventually be able to get DianCecht weapons to like, +10, and far greater. So people would get lose 100 wc and 200 ac when they're struck? Sheesh! At that point, EVERYONE would convert to DianCecht, since you could hit a max level person, with all stats maxed and full +s on the strongest gear in the whole game, and he'd be about as strong as a newborn. My god man. You might as well just make his weapons have (Attacktype: Supermegapwnified) Which just instantly kills everyone in the room when you enter, you don't even need to swing your weapon. I seriously, SERIOUSLY think you need to reconsider those bonuses. I mean, like, a -30 ac at max +s would be reasonable, since it'd give you an edge, but not too much of an edge, though I feel that it too is too powerful.

ww3098zelda
02-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Sunspear works. It's like the king of PK prayers.

sunspear is it low or medium?
and how well will it work on monsters since i dun plan to go into b mode anytime soon

Satrek2000
02-27-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Kaiser2
Also, to whomever said each "+1" in his weapons should give like -10 wc and -20 ac or whatever, you must be INSANE!

I think the blinding effect is the same, no matter how high the weapon is blessed - additional blessing-levels give added wc, nothing more - the wielder's levels to determin the blinding effect are a different matter, though.

Originally posted by Kaiser2
Dude, you'll eventually be able to get DianCecht weapons to like, +10, and far greater.

Not really - DianCecht +1 is wisdom level 8. +2 is wis-lv 20, +3 is lv42 - I don't want to imagine what +4 is - and I have no idea why it is that way.

Kaiser2
02-28-2004, 04:58 PM
"Today with everyone have like -30 AC and/or WC, it doesn't quite have the same effect. Maybe if each +1 dian gives could make blinding attacks hurt more (normal dian would be -20 wc and -10 ac, seriously screwing you over, +1 would be -40/-20 since you need to be level 8 to get it, +2 -60/-30 because its level 16 to get, etc.) then I would definately switch to diancecht, even though his lack of low level spells and artifacts."

I do not know the exact levels of the blessings, and this is all I had to go by. If you can get to +3 at level 16, and it's already so powerful it'll turn the strongest man in the game into a newb, ac and wc-wise, then it is much, much too overpowered.

And, as far as I know, Blindness, like poison, get stronger as more +s are added, but what he asked for is VERY VERY overpowered.

In the end, my idea of the weapons should be something like this.

Aengus: Confusion status- Either your controls become messed up (such as up becomes left, left becomes right, right becomes down, down becomes left) where the duration is related to the +s on it OR you hit yourself randomly, where the chances of that happening are related to the +s.

Balor: Fear status- lowers your wc as you are so afraid, you can't bring up the courage to attack. The greater the +s, the more wc is deducted.

Bile: Death, Depletion, Life Draining - Death should not effect players, or if it does, those that are much weaker than you, otherwise it'd be much overpowered. Life-draining seems reasonable, as long as it doen't drain the same amount as damage you deal, but instead a minor fraction, like 1/8th or something, but it would take more as you add +s.

Diancecht: Blindness status - lowers your wc and ac, since you cannot see anything. It should have a greater impact on ac than wc, since it's impossible to dodge when blind, but you can always swing your weapon like a madman and still hit something.

Govannon: Just an attack-type, but it is powerful. Weaponmagic is either an attacktype with no way to be resistant to it, or it counts as magic-type damage, which many people have negative resistance.

Ogma: Poison status - It's already fully working. It lowers your stats (str, dex, con, and int, I believe) and it causes minimal damage every few seconds.

Did I miss anyone?

Satrek2000
02-28-2004, 05:50 PM
I think the problem is that there aren't equally large cults of each god. As far as I know, blessing steps are 5 levels for each on CF. The main unbalance here are the blessing steps, with Ogma and Gov having 1 every 4, most others 1 every 6, DC starts with 8 then geoes up. The others raise to 8 above wisdom 20. In effect, you can get Ogma and Gov +6, at the same level +4 of most others, and +2 of DC...

Kaiser2
03-01-2004, 03:08 AM
That's why the effects of the lower blessing gods needs to be more powerful, but not as overpowered as THAT.

Satrek2000
03-01-2004, 07:37 AM
I'd say the blessing steps should be equalized - 5 wisdom levels per + will do fine, because I believe many of those following Ogma and Govannon do so for easy blessing, and hardly anyone is with DianCecht for the same reason. The gods sure are different, but their sats are different enough to set them apart, there is no need for such strange steps - specially as they get messed up after level 20 anyway.

Kaiser2
03-01-2004, 02:31 PM
Perhaps it should not be that they have equalized blessing steps, but that at 107 wisdom, you'll be able to bless to +26 regardless of your god (IIRC, +26 is the max you can get under Govannon.)

See, for those that bless high, it'll be at smaller intervals at earlier levels, and at higher intervals at higher levels. (like, level 4, 8, 12, 17, 22, 25, 31, 37, 43, etc.) It'd be the opposite for those that bless low. And for those that bless medium, the rate should stay the same regardless.

Salli
04-26-2004, 06:14 AM
I'm assuming, to bless DianCecht +4, you will need level 75 wisdom. :\ Since level 8 you can do +1, level 20 +2, level 42 +3, and the difference between +1 and +2 is 12 levels. Between +2 and +3 is 22 levels. So +3 and +4 must be 32 levels and so on. x_x

Satrek2000
04-26-2004, 03:21 PM
The closest thing you can say about blessing steps is that they don't follow any fixed rules that I can find logic in. For Ogma and Gov, they go up by 4 till +5, then 8 twice, then +12 and more.
I'd say either equalise the steps to 5 each, or make it like 2, 4, 6 and so on for every god. Either way, the effects of the various attacktypes and blessings should be reviewed and modifies to be roughly similar in strength.

Salli
05-04-2004, 05:53 AM
Does the spell Daylight work? I had gotten 300/150 grace and attempted get some DianCecht spells, however, I only suceed in getting Wrathful Eye and Sunspear. :\ Something wrong?

Satrek2000
05-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Neither daylight, nor light, not nightfall work, nor infravision or darkvision, as there is no night/day-system.

Myomoto
05-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Isn't "light" ment to blind?

Satrek2000
05-04-2004, 04:13 PM
We won't know till the system works. For now, DianCecht's blessing is the only thing that can blind someone.

kia345
12-18-2006, 04:14 AM
i get all this cept the glow. is it not meant to show up? shining would be sexy

ViperZakuto
12-18-2006, 07:42 PM
I asked for this a long time ago, They still won't give it to us. How hard can it be to make us glow. I mean come on, how long has it been since i asked for this. Everyone seemed to like the idea.

kia345
12-19-2006, 11:48 PM
its a great idea, AND its not hard

kia345
12-19-2006, 11:48 PM
unless gk uses a special gs3 that i dont know how to use

*sorry double post

BigBear3
04-20-2010, 06:09 PM
I want the permanent glow. And if it's not too much to ask, make my god not useless!

Gothika
04-20-2010, 06:20 PM
I want the permanent glow. And if it's not too much to ask, make my god not useless!

I switched to Dian Cecht because of the glow. I was so disapointed to find it was taken away. And.. give Dian Cecht a relic? it could do with one to make up for how underpowered it is.

BigBear3
04-20-2010, 08:12 PM
I switched to Dian Cecht because of the glow. I was so disapointed to find it was taken away. And.. give Dian Cecht a relic? it could do with one to make up for how underpowered it is.

Too late. Already switched again.

Cubical
01-12-2012, 02:11 PM
This god needs relics and some new spells

Felix_Xenophobe
01-12-2012, 02:55 PM
This god needs relics and some new spells

Word

Seeya
01-12-2012, 10:30 PM
I think this god is pretty fair, could fix the spells that it has that aren't working, but if you're 100/50 grace or 300/150 you can revive players from death.

Felix_Xenophobe
01-12-2012, 10:47 PM
highly situational though. not to mention the fact that the revive spells are banned in almost any situation that matters

Seeya
01-12-2012, 10:50 PM
yea, I think 100/100 or 167/167 should revive, then in legit systems you could have healers for Kingdom Core and especially around now for the Christmas Dungeons, it's nice not to have to restart your dungeon because a teammate died.

toyotasupra
01-15-2012, 08:08 AM
Less praying Please, I would like the cost of reviving to be lower. 150 is a lot of grace. =/

MajinDragon
01-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Grace and wisdom spells need to become more viable as a means of combat with no other forms of combat used in conjunction. At the moment you could probably take a player down if you came prepared with 2x max grace from altar praying, but that's a one shot and from then on, running and praying is the only option. It's just so flawed as a combat tree.

I don't think 150 grace is too much for a revive but i think there should be stages of revive so 150 would revive and fully replenish HP of the revived, 100 would go towards a 60% heal + revive and 50 would go towards a 20% revival with varying casting times so that there are tactical advantages to using even the smallest revive in a war situation but those advantages wouldn't really go down well in a pve situation where 100% hp is preffered over a small revive and then another heal as they'd surely need.

garglius1
03-28-2012, 06:47 AM
Suggestion to change the blessing scale of this god. +4 as a maximum is too low now that some weapons come with implemented blinding (eg the extremely common xmas flame sword) Perhaps put it on a scale similar to Bile, so that Dian blessed weapons can be viable.

Felix_Xenophobe
03-28-2012, 07:20 AM
3 wc and damage won't make dian viable. The existance of poison and Bile/Ogma keeps him from being viable