PDA

View Full Version : Bile

unixmad
08-07-2002, 06:40 PM
Bile Soul Eaters, Harbingers of Death, Nameless Lords of the Tomb

Description: Bile fire vuln/path_denied make them very unattractive at first glance. The question is: Will the combo of "black/red death" and disease-immu make up for that? Anyway, at low levels Bile will be hard to play yet.

Name of the enemy god: Brigid

Attacktype(s): Drain, Depletion, Death, Life Stealing
Resistance(s): Fear +100, Drain +100, Depletion +100, Death +100, Poison +30
Vulnerable: Fire -30
Attuned: Death, Wounding
Repelled: Protection, Restoration, Light
Denied: Fire, Turning (As of yet, fire is NOT denied)
Special: Immune Diseases, Health_Regen -1, Sustenance +100, Infravision

Granted Spell(s): Nightfall (medium level), Finger of Death (medium level), Face of Death (medium level), Cause Many Wounds (medium level), Cause Red Death (medium level), Cause Black Death (high level) Nightfall, Finger of Death and Face of Death do not work although they are attainable
Altar Effect(s): Enchant Weapon (medium)
Holy Relic(s): n/a
Avatar: 1x1, 350 hp, ac -12 wc -1 dam 50 armour 0 Attack Type: Cold

Ever-free
08-07-2002, 07:19 PM
Haha, bile. Gross. :)

ChocoboGrn
08-08-2002, 12:09 AM
Wow! Sustenace +100 means you'll probably have to eat once a week... O_O

DragonX2
08-08-2002, 04:20 PM
I am going with Bile!

Hiker
08-12-2002, 06:23 AM
I changed to this god. Really awesome. :)

Androk2k1
08-14-2002, 12:04 AM
Where is he? WHERE? On map, where? TELL ME!

ldhfd
08-14-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Androk2k1
Where is he? WHERE? On map, where? TELL ME!
look on the mini map.it's left of the snow moutain near the blue fish icon

screen_name
08-17-2002, 05:14 PM
I love Bile now!!

Apparently you lose 1 hunger point in 10 minutes.

I have 850 hunger points right now, that means I can play for approx. 141 hours without dying of starvation. And when I do need food, 1 water will keep me going for 50 minutes!!!!

GO WITH BILE!!!!!!

brock128
08-17-2002, 10:16 PM
Bile's balance will show when more stuff is released. His avatar SUCKS.

LordZen
08-31-2002, 11:40 AM
How do you use the listed attacktypes?

What is the special: Infravision?

Most importantly, what does it mean by "Granted Spell(s)"? Does this mean that I can only use those spells if I worship this particular god? Thanks.

FFusion
08-31-2002, 12:33 PM
gods aren't fully implemented yet.

LordZen
09-01-2002, 01:51 AM
yah I know, I was sorta hoping somebody who knew what those things would be used for would answer. I dont want to spend plat on a spell and find out later that I will no longer be able to use it.

anUk
10-12-2002, 01:23 AM
What are the relics and stuff, like the spell decsriptons and what not

ReaperJ
10-21-2002, 03:36 AM
Just wondering, is ther any sort of order you get this stuff in?

ZazenP2P
12-04-2002, 08:12 AM
Uhh... What exactly IS an Avatar? And I'm a thief, name's Basara, and I think that Bile is the best for non spell casting peoples. Staff will shake their heads and say that Bile isn't the best, but as of right now I believe he is.

If they ever had Aengar, he'd be the best for Archer-types which is pretty much me, but they neglected to put him on the map or he's just the only God I have yet found.

AlexH
12-04-2002, 08:13 AM
I thin it will be some sort of monster you can summon.
I seen a prayer in the shops summon avatar.
Was a level 10 prayer so I didn't buy it. :(
If I ever see it again though it's mine.
I don't find money as hard to come by now. :)

Paradiesapfel
12-08-2002, 01:44 AM
how long does it take to enchent a naginta by lvl1 priest?

Legondary_MyTH
01-06-2003, 08:50 PM
i dont know but my naginata of bile is +1 but i cant make it +2! WHY!

graaliholic
01-07-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by unixmad
Enchant Weapon (medium)

You can but its proably going to take days.

HayateFN
01-08-2003, 08:07 AM
to enchant it to bile +2 u need to be level 8 in wisdom.

JrTerrorist
01-09-2003, 09:43 AM
Hayate's so smart :p

kenyonandelliot
01-31-2003, 04:42 PM
hehe I know a good combo. Pray to this god and get Ring of Sustenance. You will probaly lose 1 food point per 11-13 minutes!

graaliholic
01-31-2003, 11:06 PM
even better: pray to him and get something with a large amount of regeneration :)

neomaximus2k2
02-01-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by graaliholic
even better: pray to him and get something with a large amount of regeneration :)
or even better all 3 :D

Knumb
05-09-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by JrTerrorist
Hayate's so smart :p

Actually, Bile +2 is 12 wisdom.

zell12
06-23-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by ZazenP2P
Uhh... What exactly IS an Avatar? And I'm a thief, name's Basara, and I think that Bile is the best for non spell casting peoples. Staff will shake their heads and say that Bile isn't the best, but as of right now I believe he is.

If they ever had Aengar, he'd be the best for Archer-types which is pretty much me, but they neglected to put him on the map or he's just the only God I have yet found.
An Avatar is your diety's most powerful warrior. Sorta like a demi-god.

ApeHex
07-08-2003, 05:25 PM
how do you use enchant weapon and what does it do?

Satrek2000
07-08-2003, 07:25 PM
If you referr to the scroll 'enchant weapon,' then it can be used to add enchantments to prepared weapons, filling up a slow - similar in effect to enchant armour, just adding a weaponclass. This is different though from the blessing gods can give, which consists of additional atributes (attacktypes, mainly) and blessing levels which also add wc. As far as I know, a weapon with an enchantment can't be blessed. The requirements to bless are, apart from piety, wisdom-levels - for bile, it's 6 for +1, 12 for +2 and so on.

TripleE
07-09-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by ApeHex
how do you use enchant weapon and what does it do?
It's a scroll you fire it over the wepon in which you want enchanted. It will add a +1 to it. Or you can bless your weapons at atlers of gods of choice to +1 +2 +3 +4 ect.

ApeHex
07-14-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by unixmad

Granted Spell(s): Nightfall (medium level), Finger of Death (medium level), Face of Death (medium level), Cause Many Wounds (medium level), Cause Red Death (medium level), Cause Black Death (high level)

can you get these spells? if so whats medium level and all of that mean?

graaliholic
07-14-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by ApeHex

can you get these spells? if so whats medium level and all of that mean?

medium level you need 150 base grace (to reach 300) and 250 to reach high

ApeHex
07-14-2003, 12:35 PM
omg thats a lot!
i think i have like 30
-.-

Satrek2000
07-14-2003, 01:36 PM
I heard they wanted to change it to 50, 75 and 100 (base grace), which would be easier to get up to. I also heard in the game the mudlib is from, getting grace was much easier, so... maybe...

darkreign3
12-27-2003, 10:25 PM
Bile is really good, it offers 1 hit kills if you have level 24 phy like me lol xD

tecumesh can bless bile +4 i thuink i can bless +2 =(

Satrek2000
12-28-2003, 01:02 PM
Those death attacks (1-hit-kills) depend on your wisdom level - it's quite fun when you get them to work on everything in a level 2 or 3 map ;)

WanDaMan
02-02-2004, 09:50 PM
I thought it was Physical levels o.O!.I think bile shoud get a relic x.x.Or atleast the spells reduced x.x

graaliholic
02-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by WanDaMan
I thought it was Physical levels o.O!.I think bile shoud get a relic x.x.Or atleast the spells reduced x.x

No. Bile already has some good diseases. Get your wisdom level up and get them, you'll see that they're good enough.

DragonX
02-03-2004, 03:30 AM

No. Bile already has some good diseases. Get your wisdom level up and get them, you'll see that they're good enough.

No they aren't x.x
I worship Bile and I have all his medium prayers. The only worthwhile one is cause many wounds. The diseases are useless cause if a player reconnects, it's gone :/ Also the disease itself doesn't do enough, it may make you slow but that's all, it barely does any damage. I mean come on, it's supposed to be red disease, not puny pink pony disease or something.

graaliholic
02-03-2004, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by DragonX

No they aren't x.x
I worship Bile and I have all his medium prayers. The only worthwhile one is cause many wounds. The diseases are useless cause if a player reconnects, it's gone :/ Also the disease itself doesn't do enough, it may make you slow but that's all, it barely does any damage. I mean come on, it's supposed to be red disease, not puny pink pony disease or something.

Well, as far as I could tell (on CF) they worked fine. Maybe because on CF, rounds are much shorter. You get a disease message every few seconds (and a poison message twice per second) on CF, instead of the lame ass wait on GK. Interestingly enough though, both CF and GK have the same regen time, maybe that's why diseases suck so much here. People can easily regen the damage done between the effects, and even dispel it before it even has it's first.

Brandon
02-03-2004, 12:32 PM
I think that a new class would be perfectly suited to this god - Necromancers.

Satrek2000
02-03-2004, 01:41 PM
And how would that differ from, say, a Priest of Bile? No new class required, it's simply a matter of roleplaying here.

Monkeyboy_McGee
02-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Satrek2000
And how would that differ from, say, a Priest of Bile? No new class required, it's simply a matter of roleplaying here.

Before i switched to govannon, i used to play an undead follower of bile :D it was fun.

graaliholic
02-04-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Brandon
I think that a new class would be perfectly suited to this god - Necromancers.

Yeah, and then we can add druids for brigid. Then we could add an elf and dwarf race for aengus and govannon. And paladins for DianCecht. How about a troll race for ogma?

No, it's fine the way it is, no need to make stefan waste more time making more things we don't need.

GryffonDurime
02-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Sidenote: I'm still disturbed by how you use Create Food prayer with this god. As Twusk said, you're cooking with Bile. :grin:

Anyway, I agree, we don't need more classes because the classes are already worthless as it is.

Monkeyboy_McGee
02-04-2004, 06:50 PM

No, it's fine the way it is, no need to make stefan waste more time making more things we don't need.

Forts...?

Nidonemo
02-18-2004, 12:16 PM
I chose Bile at the start, never looked back since.

I can bless to +2 now! Yay for me! :D

axman36
05-07-2004, 04:25 AM
I just started doing it with Bile cause of Depletion, but it never takes my prayer, how do I bless

axman36
08-10-2004, 10:43 PM
sorry for double posting but why doesnt bile accept turn undead, hes the death god after all, its confusing.

Butz
08-10-2004, 10:44 PM
sorry for double posting but why doesnt bile accept turn undead, hes the death god after all, its confusing.
Turn undead is an anti-undead spell. Bile wouldn't like that very much.

spaz328
01-11-2005, 08:28 AM
Does anybody know the levels you have to be to bless to which + levels

Moonite
01-11-2005, 01:36 PM
http://members.home.nl/svenseitolt/

Ogma | Govannon
(+1 lvl4) (+2 lvl8) (+3 lvl12) (+4 lvl16)
(+5 lvl20) (+6 lvl28) (+7 lvl36) (+8 lvl48) (+9 lvl64)

Aengis | Balor | Bile | Leucetious
(+1 lvl6) (+2 lvl12) (+3 lvl18) (+4 lvl28)
(+5 lvl40) (+6 lvl64)

DianCecht
(+1 lvl8) (+2 lvl20) (+3 lvl42)

GoZelda
01-11-2005, 06:29 PM
http://members.home.nl/svenseitolt/

Copyright 2004-2005 Website Moonite. All rights reserved.
Plagiarism.

Moonite
01-12-2005, 12:52 AM
They Should be happy that anyone Updates Older site's -_-

GoZelda
01-12-2005, 02:59 PM
They Should be happy that anyone Updates Older site's -_-
You should be happy you haven't been sued yet.

Snakeandy7
01-12-2005, 05:10 PM
So true :[..^^Gozelda

MajinDragon
08-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Alright, this immunity against bile's diseases nonsense is making Bile's prayers, apart from many wounds, useless... Whats the point of an Affliction prayer if everyone on the server gets immune to it after being affected once? Seriously, fix this.

jaws908
08-07-2007, 09:29 PM
It wouldn't matter, half the server is Bile anyways so it would be useless. Plus if they did work it would just further increase Biles leetness which is unfair, they should buff up the other gods. Bile is immune to sicknesses/food, has cold and poison resist and has a good blessing. Its already fine, the other gods need to be buffed before looking over this one-_-

Moonite
08-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Bug = bug and should be fixed
it has nothing to do with balancing...

jaws908
08-08-2007, 02:33 AM
k then, ez fix. Remove the broken spells :) Balanced and problem fixed

It is what staff to best after all, removing things is second nature.

MajinDragon
08-08-2007, 10:43 AM
It wouldn't matter, half the server is Bile anyways so it would be useless. Plus if they did work it would just further increase Biles leetness which is unfair, they should buff up the other gods. Bile is immune to sicknesses/food, has cold and poison resist and has a good blessing. Its already fine, the other gods need to be buffed before looking over this one-_-

I realise bile is strong as it is, but other than it's immediate benefits, bile priests receive almost nothing that works properly, except many wounds.

zorinkelpekem
08-29-2007, 12:29 PM
omfg what do you have on gods (yes kk i got bile too :s)

MajinDragon
08-30-2007, 02:10 AM
omfg what do you have on gods (yes kk i got bile too :s)

Huh? And, welcome to the undead side. Feel free to smite brigid and take advantage of never needing to eat and all of the affliction/wounding spells lord bile bestows upon you...

Just don't piss him off...

pooper200000
08-30-2007, 03:04 AM
Huh? And, welcome to the undead side. Feel free to smite brigid and take advantage of never needing to eat and all of the affliction/wounding spells lord bile bestows upon you...

Just don't piss him off...

tempting how do you make him bad :D

MajinDragon
07-03-2009, 06:37 PM
Uhm... Feel like this has to be brought up because i suggested it through pm's, forum messages etc, the idea was accepted and all that but still... I haven't seen change.

Bile's necromanic prayers, which are, coupled with resists and no need for food, are one of Bile's great benefits. The power to resist, but afflict diseases. To use death itself as a weapon.
Yet for YEARS now, bile has been without all prayers (effectively) but cause many wounds, which is hardly effective pvp or pve due to it's limited attack range and high grace cost. Red death, overly powerful, which is shouldn't be, i'm not bias. Red Death should damage and affect speed or stats. Not both. People literally can't move when they get it. And black death, the higher level disease, is almost completely useless... it should halt regeneration and cause damage over time. But both of these, if not cured, one can simply gain immunity from them by idling in trade... How can you be immune to a gods disease? Ridiculous and actually just removes one of biles most powerful traits.

Furthermore, where are Bile's other prayers? The ability to use death as a weapon. That's where 'many wounds', 'face of death' (basically a death form of holy word), nightfall (previously overpowered but can be tweaked and released again), and finger of death (which should be a bile priests most dangerous weapon. unavoidable and a very powerful wounding prayer).

And i must stress this is just Bile's problems. Dian, Aengus, Balor. They all face individual problems, although Bile's seem to be the most difficult to fix.

saetarshadowflare
07-23-2009, 07:53 PM
All disease immunities from NON-bile priests should be removed. Diseases make pvp much more tactical and much more challenging for anyone that gets hit by them. Nightfall should be brought back, as it was, without the damage, finger of death needs to cause damage based on level, face of death should destroy stats, both diseases should have their own properties that work in combination. Bile is severely underpowered and needs a desperate fix to be on par with the other gods, the only thing bile priests have going for them is sus +100 and poison resist.

kia345
07-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Diseases make pvp much more tactical

No they don't, they are more lopsided than poison

MajinDragon
07-23-2009, 09:05 PM
All disease immunities from NON-bile priests should be removed. Diseases make pvp much more tactical and much more challenging for anyone that gets hit by them. Nightfall should be brought back, as it was, without the damage, finger of death needs to cause damage based on level, face of death should destroy stats, both diseases should have their own properties that work in combination. Bile is severely underpowered and needs a desperate fix to be on par with the other gods, the only thing bile priests have going for them is sus +100 and poison resist.

I don't quite agree, all of that seems pretty overpowered. Our diseases are pretty overpowered, and it'd be best if they were nerfed, so that, yes, they work well in collaberation with eachother, but atm, red death alone is enough to destroy someone. Red death should cause damage over time and reduce stats to a max of -3con, -3dex, -3str. Black death should almost halt all regeneration, sp included, and cause more dmg over time. Face of death, as i understand, should be a bile version of holy word, a coned death spell. Finger of death should be an unavoidable, stronger version of critical wounds but at a higher cost of grace. And nightfal did seem to be overpowered back in the day, i'd say nightfall should induce blinding w/o fail and for a period of time relative to the casters wisdom level, cause the same narrowed field of vision as labrynth, it shouldnt cause any damage.

No they don't, they are more lopsided than poison

That is true, all diseases, and poison need to be corrected, they were far too strong. Poison atm needs to be changed so that it only affects regeneration and causes damage over time. Poison being able to do -10 str/con/dex basically makes it decide battles.

Cubes
07-23-2009, 10:08 PM
poison should just nerf your regen not your stats.

bioboi
07-23-2009, 10:15 PM
biles op already. There are reasons 75% of the server is bile.

MajinDragon
07-24-2009, 02:51 AM
biles op already. There are reasons 75% of the server is bile.

Reason for most people aligning with bile is #1, Bile is just awsome, #2 major sus bonus (this isn't something that makes bile op, it's a trait based on the fact followers are undead, just like our massive weakness to holyword), and #3 all gods aren't even balanced or fully developed, therefore there's little choice. People either go with Gov, Ogma, Leuc, Bile or Brigid. Aengus and Dian are rarely chosen. Also, barely anyone fully choses the priest/mage role, so the obvious choice is Bile since no noob wants to keep eating.

Bile is heavily underpowered, but obviously, all gods are. Bile has NO bonuses other than sus, poison resist and disease immunity. Our prayers are high grace cost and diseases are useless due to immunity. Compare with Brigid, who have a very powerful holy word, a spell that slows us, wall of thorns, sactuary and others... All gods need to be re-vamped.

kia345
07-24-2009, 02:54 AM
Bile underpowered

Red/Black Death, enjoy your autowin; sust, enjoy your easy regen

seanthien
07-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Bile is heavily underpowered, but obviously, all gods are. Bile has NO bonuses other than sus, poison resist and disease immunity. Our prayers are high grace cost and diseases are useless due to immunity. Compare with Brigid, who have a very powerful holy word, a spell that slows us, wall of thorns, sactuary and others... All gods need to be re-vamped.

Sustance, Poison Resistance, along with disease immunity are all bonuses that are a major part in player versus player. Not to mention you get 2 deadly diseases, (attuned:wounding?), cause many wounds.

Brigid I've played. Unless you're fighting against someone Bile/undead, you really don't use too much grace. Sure, wall of thorns, the web stuff, santuary and stuff are nice, but where's the attack spells? Brigid has major grace regain, but it rarely actually uses grace for anything unless up against their enemy god.

Yeah I agree though, all gods should be re-vamped for better or worse to balance pvp more and have more unique styles of combat.

Draenin
07-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Brigid I've played. Unless you're fighting against someone Bile/undead, you really don't use too much grace. Sure, wall of thorns, the web stuff, sanctuary and stuff are nice, but where's the attack spells? Brigid has major grace regain, but it rarely actually uses grace for anything unless up against their enemy god.Sanctuary is probably one of the best spells in the game. (Since it's a barrier version of the spell "counterspell.") And as for Wall of Thorns, it gets really potent as you continue to level wisdom. It starts to last longer and do more damage.

As far as Bile goes, he doesn't need to be made any more powerful than he is.

Bile is excellent for both PvE and PvP, despite his inherent weakness to holy word. (There are items with resist Holy Word on them, y'know.) The diseases he has are potent, the sustenance bonus is quite a luxury, and wounding spells are nasty no matter who is casting them. The only gods which really need work are Diancecht, Aengus, and Balor right now. (Diancecht needs the most work, since blinding is pointless.)

MajinDragon
07-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Sustance, Poison Resistance, along with disease immunity are all bonuses that are a major part in player versus player. Not to mention you get 2 deadly diseases, (attuned:wounding?), cause many wounds.

Brigid I've played. Unless you're fighting against someone Bile/undead, you really don't use too much grace. Sure, wall of thorns, the web stuff, santuary and stuff are nice, but where's the attack spells? Brigid has major grace regain, but it rarely actually uses grace for anything unless up against their enemy god.

Yeah I agree though, all gods should be re-vamped for better or worse to balance pvp more and have more unique styles of combat.

Ugh, people act like sus is such a big bonus or advantage... If you bother to just make food it's not... And not to mention food bar was made to go down even slower. Disease resistance is just a basic trait, so that we're not weak to ourselves e.g. Balor having 100fear resist and having fear as one of it's main weapons (apparently) or brigid having high holy word resist. Our poison resist isn't perfect btw. And lets get it straight, everyone has immunity to our diseases, so don't include them. And cause many wounds takes what? 80-120grace and is basically a storm type spell which is EASILY avoidable and you'll rarely see someone cast more than 3 in succession, it's not a big bonus, can't even be used to level wisdom effectively.

Also, Brigid not having that many attacks spells, it's just not type of god... Leuc, Gov, Ogma, Balor - Attack gods. Bile, Aengus - Affliction, Dain, Brigid - Passive/Support.

As far as Bile goes, he doesn't need to be made any more powerful than he is.

Bile is excellent for both PvE and PvP, despite his inherent weakness to holy word. (There are items with resist Holy Word on them, y'know.) The diseases he has are potent, the sustenance bonus is quite a luxury, and wounding spells are nasty no matter who is casting them. The only gods which really need work are Diancecht, Aengus, and Balor right now. (Diancecht needs the most work, since blinding is pointless.)

You can cross off the diseases, potent but are a 1 time thing, immunity = useless. -___-
Yea, Dian needs alot of work, haven't seen a Dian follower in years. Aengus needs work to be the anti-mage god, Balor's fear needs to be worked on and flaming aura... could be so much more.

saetarshadowflare
07-24-2009, 07:04 PM
If diseases were revamped to cope with the ability to no longer be immune, then they wouldn't be so horribly OP.

Bile the best god? Not hardly, apparently you never have played more than one or two gods on the server. No god is horribly OP, if anything i would say that brigid has the most advantages because that is the only god that completely works as far as i know. The loss of melee has never been a complaint from anyone, the loss of cause wounds has never been complained about, and the spells you do get are all pretty useful, aside from plague of insects since it is so easy to dodge.

Last i checked, since anyone can become immune to all diseases, you can't sit there and try to justify bile being broken because you can get a friend to cast them on you while you wait for immunity to them. The rest of the spells don't work, and pretty much everyone gets cause many wounds. The sus bonus isn't as great as you think, it is nice, but it doesn't make bile the best choice, and considering how much damage holy word does to bile priests, there is a horrible disadvantage to everyone that isnt Leuc.

Draenin
07-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Ugh, people act like sus is such a big bonus or advantage...It is, though. Food fuels health / mana / grace regen. Run out of food during combat, and you run outta juice to regen with. That's a real problem for casters and melee players alike. Maybe even more so for casters, since they need more food at all times to stay functional.
brigid having high holy word resistBrigid does not have resist Holy Word at all. What makes Bile users weak to it is the fact that their resist to it is -100. No other god gives that penalty. It's like when people with RoWs complain about how 'magic' type spells such as magic bullet and manabolt completely demolish them. Take a look at the -60 resist magic they're getting from the RoWs and it's not hard to figure out why.
And cause many wounds takes what? 80-120grace and is basically a storm type spell which is EASILY avoidable and you'll rarely see someone cast more than 3 in succession, it's not a big bonus, can't even be used to level wisdom effectively.People should be using standard wounding spells instead since they follow players. It's just like how manabolt costs so much. It's much easier to just use manaball, but if you really want to spend the SP, you can cover more area with manabolt.

i would say that brigid has the most advantages because that is the only god that completely works as far as i know.Brigid doesn't work completely. Daylight doesn't work. Insect Swarm doesn't work. Spiderweb was nerfed from how potent it used to be. Ironwood Skin doesn't grant any kind of AC bonus. Just armor, and we all know how useful that is. ;)

Brigid is far from overpowered. The focus for Brigid is on defense, not offense. The only thing I use Brigid for is the relics and Sanctuary. All of my offense comes from basic spells anyone in the game can get. (Firebolt, Frostbolt, Large Lightning, etc.)
The loss of melee has never been a complaint from anyoneAhahahaha! Hahahahahaha! *wipes a tear from his eye*

Seriously, you've got to be kidding me here. That's the #1 thing people hate about Brigid. If you don't have level 110 (Which grants the ability to full-enchant your own armor, even god armor.) you're essentially just a walking moneybag to anyone else.
the loss of cause wounds has never been complained aboutIt's something I highly dislike, but I've learned to deal with it.
the spells you do get are all pretty usefulOnly two of them are useful.
and considering how much damage holy word does to bile priests, there is a horrible disadvantage to everyone that isnt Leuc.There's this thing called 'resist holy word.' I don't know if you've heard of it. It happens to be on various pieces of armor no one seems to pay attention to, even though they could save themselves some trouble by quickly equipping them when someone thinks they'll be cute and start spamming it. :D

saetarshadowflare
07-24-2009, 08:32 PM
You know the consequences of switching to brigid, and i never hear a word about "we should be able to use weps." You don't play now so why are you QQ'ing? I never said brigid was overpowered, you should read more and make false claims less. You get far better spells than the rest of the gods, insect swarm does work. AC isn't the least bit useful, armor does make a difference if you fight outside the arena. If you are going to play a defensive god, don't try and act like its nerfed if you obviously understand you place.

Bile has very little going for him, and i would like to see that changed. If you don't agree good for you, no one cares what an ex player thinks.

Draenin
07-24-2009, 08:46 PM
You know the consequences of switching to brigid, and i never hear a word about "we should be able to use weps."Try reading the stickied thread (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35296&page=2) for it next time.
You don't play now so why are you QQ'ing?I do, actually. Just not as frequently right now. And there's no Q-ing from me. I'm simply telling you how it is. Neither god is really overpowered or underpowered right now, because the things each god grants presently are very powerful indeed, no matter which side you're looking at.
insect swarm does workIt doesn't cause damage. It makes the health meter pop up on people, but doesn't actually harm them.
AC isn't the least bit useful
Yes it is. When fully equipped, I've been known to run around with at least -80 AC, and I can safely tell you it blocks out most hits. AC is only useless if your AC is low enough to be overcome by the weakest of WC ratings. WC determines how likely you are to hit someone, not the amount of damage you do to them. AC determines how likely other people are to miss you, not how much armor you have. And since armor can't go above 99, everyone on the server has the same armor rating. So then damage is partially determined by how strong your resists are to various elements.

kia345
07-24-2009, 09:03 PM
You don't play now so why are you QQ'ing?

You're rarely on though

seanthien
07-24-2009, 09:21 PM
there is a horrible disadvantage to everyone that isnt Leuc.
Leuc isn't all that great either. Sure, you get a nice chest piece, but that's about it. Forked takes too long to cast. Electric Resistance isn't all that great now with Gale out.

saetarshadowflare
07-24-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm hardly on because life > graal, but when i do play, i would like to get some enjoyment out of it.

The leuc comment was directed at leuc NOT having holy word, since for some reason bjorn thought it necessary to deny him holy spells, but not balor (wtf?)

AC is useless against people that matter, make more sense now? Because everyone who is anyone on the server can break 80 ac no problem. -83 wc for me, and eventually everyone will get to that point. regardless, i understand your complaint, but it really isn't going to make much difference, if you couldn't already tell, there is just far too many other things that are taking priority over the gods, so while we would all enjoy some changes to make things a bit more diverse and add a nice twist to the game, it just won't happen for quite some time. Hopefully most of us will still be around when those changes are made.

Draenin
07-24-2009, 09:55 PM
The leuc comment was directed at leuc NOT having holy word, since for some reason bjorn thought it necessary to deny him holy spells, but not balor (wtf?)Leuc is kind of cool because if you use curse, you can deny people from using holy and protection spells also. ;}

kia345
07-24-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm hardly on because life > graal, but when i do play, i would like to get some enjoyment out of it.

I could care less about your god-related points, but this is some bull****. You're going to call Draenin out for not playing, but "oh well I don't play because I have life"?

BigBear3
07-24-2009, 11:02 PM
WAH WAH WAH

Bile has nothing going for it? Oh, okay. How about the best blessing in the game for clearing maps and farming? How about the holy possessed poison resist? How about the lack of need to eat every few minutes? Your god is in good shape. Leuc has a good armor that really isn't that good if you look at it the right way. Platemail of Power gives +1 STR and DEX is on more items than I dare to count. Platemail of Power also doesn't have a speedcap, whereas Leucetious' mithril caps you at around 5.0 if I'm not mistaken. And as for your weakness to Brigid, either move out of the way or realize that Brigid isn't exactly the most popular god on the server.

Also, if you're barely on GK, why are you here?

EDIT: Just realized you're not Bile (or are you). Either way you're speaking for Bile followers, which raises even more questions.

Cubes
07-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Also to everyone that's bile, there's a way to completely nullify holy word. Although I suspect you guys are just looking for something to cry about and are to ignorant to use it. And the only thing that makes brigid good is the relics since sanctuary doesn't block everything. It's just like counterwall but 10 times worse.

saetarshadowflare
07-25-2009, 12:30 AM
Why not speak out for a god that lacks in spells, sure he gets no relic but that's not really the issue

holy P poison resist is nice, but it doesn't stop poison, as far as i can tell it doesn't seem to do too much other than give you a chance to not be as affected by the poison.

Anyone can use the blessing, that statement is invalid because it isn't solely stuck to him

The point i'm trying to make is that bile seems to have less than the rest of the gods as far as useful spells goes, and its troubling to see that.

Balor is my next target, as far as my complaints on gods go. I have never, and will never be Anegus or Dian, so someone else is going to have to deal with those.

The main thing i want, is for gods to actually make a difference in the game, and not a small one. Most people are either gov bile or leuc atm, even ogma lacks blessers now a days. I like diversity, and diversity that can change the entire style of a fight between two players, priests or not would make the game much more fun than it already is.

So while you sit there and try to make an ass of yourself, note that i am not complaining about just one god. I just haven't taken the time to look into other gods or talk to the people who actually use them.

Oh and pat if you quit why are you still here? :)

Cubes
07-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Then make another topic about all the gods, this is about bile so you can see how everyone might be confused of why your crying.

saetarshadowflare
07-25-2009, 12:42 AM
Meh perhaps you are right, not crying, pointing out noticeable flaws that should be fixed or at least explained.

seanthien
07-25-2009, 05:04 AM
Poison resistance? Do you know what that does? It's how much poison effects you; how much str, dex, con it takes off. Not sure about damage, but I am sure about what I just said.

As for usefull spell, a few disease, wounds, I think that's good enough to be honest.

"Insect swarm" is that what it's called? The one with the bees or something? That's like the only attack spell that Brigid gets and it fails hardcore and doesn't really work. The only real brigid spell I ever used was santcuary if I was fighting some sort of mage.

Bile's weakness to Holy Word isn't really that bad. I mean if you're smart, you'll notice the gani that the person is gonna cast something Holy and you'll run away or try to get a hit in to stop them.

MajinDragon
07-25-2009, 06:11 AM
Oh god leme throw someone a lifeline...

No one is disputing bile is in good shape compared to other gods, that's a fact. Infact, Bile appears to be very much better off and it'd do more good to argue about other gods and what they need. But this is Bile's thread, so we're not going to do that here.

I'm pretty tired of sus comming up as a big bonus of bile. Erm, when i was Gov (waaaaay back when i started off) i just spent an hour making food, which lasted about a week, not to mention there's a Tavern and while hunting, monsters drop parts which are great as food on the go once you use woodsman skill. I never had a problem with food, but i guess it becomes a hot topic when 70percent of the average players online time is spent idling... :noob:

Bile is supposed to be the affliction/necromancer type god, so it's main bonuses would be it's mastery of death (poison, disease, cold, fear all of that horrible stuff), so when people say 'omy god look at the poison resist' erm ya... basic bonus. The reason why it appears to be oh so godly is how terrible overpowered poison is. If things were balanced and poison be nerfed to reasonable levels, you'll see that poison resist isn't really all that.

And as for our diseases (which should be our main attraction, being the affliction masters that we are...), i won't even bother saying they're balanced and fair in strength, they're the most overpowered (along with rabies, ogma, don't think you're not involved) element of the game thus far. I remember Klay annoying me, so i just red death'd him, and he could barely move, once in water, he was totally imobile. So obviously they need to be nerfed, alot, so that they aren't so potent alone, but coupled, both deaths can be a menace to spell casters, and really affect melee users (no regen, damage over time for each death and slight speed reducts based on wis level). But obviously, immunities need to be done with, they weren't intended to affect all diseases like this, i spoke with Stefan about it. Nightfall also needs to be tweaked, it was ridiculously strong, as i said before, needs to just cause indefinate blinding and temporary limited view like that of labrynth

Man i'm getting tired with all the problems with Bile.
Okay death prayers/spells. Face and Finger of death, for Bile users who aren't melee based is essential. Bile isn't a melee god, infact it's probably best suited to a priest type, but obvious complications don't allow for it to be used this way. These need to be fixed aswell.

You're all probably thinking, oh my god bile would be too damn strong. Err yea, if compared to gods at the moment. I'm speaking for Bile only because, i'm a Bile follower. The truth is though, all gods need to be revamped, tweaked ect, Brigid is the only one i'd say is fine except that i invisioned Brigid to be the support god, it seems atm that it's just alot of failed attempts at making Brigid a passive caster with half-baked combat capabilites. Sanctuary should be a support spell, should be able to cast it on an ally, i'd also like to see Restoration as a Brigid only prayer, that'd spice things up. But this is biles thread so leme wrap this up.

And for those Bile users who are haunted by Holy word. try cursing, and i don't mean the verbal kind. :noob:

Strangely i feel like i'm repeating myself....

seanthien
07-25-2009, 08:24 AM
Heh, I guess things have gotten a bit outta hand. I have one last thing to say though, no matter how much food you have, if you run out too quickly, it'll take a few moments (In which you won't regain) to eat the food/item that's first in your inven which doesn't seem like much, but if you're stalling for hp/mp it can be crucial.

BigBear3
07-25-2009, 02:15 PM
Oh and pat if you quit why are you still here? :)

But the difference between me and you is that I'm not complaining.

'omy god look at the poison resist' erm ya... basic bonus. The reason why it appears to be oh so godly is how terrible overpowered poison is. If things were balanced and poison be nerfed to reasonable levels, you'll see that poison resist isn't really all that.

Strangely i feel like i'm repeating myself....

Because you speak of what should be, not what is.

MajinDragon
07-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Heh, I guess things have gotten a bit outta hand. I have one last thing to say though, no matter how much food you have, if you run out too quickly, it'll take a few moments (In which you won't regain) to eat the food/item that's first in your inven which doesn't seem like much, but if you're stalling for hp/mp it can be crucial.

Element of the game, Bile is an option if it's that much of a concern, obviously eating before battles is an option, and one should improve their combat skills to not have such long fights if their food is that much of an issue.

I would like to see another god with sus bonuses, probably relate their followers to monks, who regularly function w/o full stomachs and fast alot. Probably Dian would be best suited he is "Lord of Angels, Duke of the Heavens, Healer and Protector" and clearly the most underpowered and one that needs more alterations.

Because you speak of what should be, not what is.

Is that not the basis of suggesting improvements? :noob:

scriptless
12-04-2009, 11:43 AM
I personally worship bile. This is not because of the food. It is because I have stuck with bile since the beginning and when I was told bile was no good I stuck with him. Now people are using bile +5 at about level 60 phy to 1 hit kill lords, bigworms, and other monsters. Guess bile isnt so useless afterall.

What ever happened to those other gods? Leuc, Dian, and so on. Didnt one of them lower ac/wc and cause blind? That to me seemed better then ogma's poisin in a pvp battle. Why is ogma so popular?

We all know god's need a bit more balancing. I think food is not an issue here tho. Be happy bile offers the chance of 1 hit kill's and the food as icing on the cake.

MajinDragon
12-04-2009, 01:00 PM
I personally worship bile. This is not because of the food. It is because I have stuck with bile since the beginning and when I was told bile was no good I stuck with him. Now people are using bile +5 at about level 60 phy to 1 hit kill lords, bigworms, and other monsters. Guess bile isnt so useless afterall.

What ever happened to those other gods? Leuc, Dian, and so on. Didnt one of them lower ac/wc and cause blind? That to me seemed better then ogma's poisin in a pvp battle. Why is ogma so popular?

We all know god's need a bit more balancing. I think food is not an issue here tho. Be happy bile offers the chance of 1 hit kill's and the food as icing on the cake.

Bile has always been able to 1hit almost anything (even players). It just needs a larger average of higher level players to have that displayed. It doesn't take that much phys to 1hit lords and big worms btw.

Leuc is a hybrid god imo, it has great spells for mages, and it's blessing offers ac bypassing physical attacks. Leuc would probably be best suited for a pvp mage though, it's a shame whirlwind doesnt do anything. Dian does give blinding to weapons. Blinding used to be very epic but even in it's former glory it would be pretty redundant now that the average bmoder has a high enough phys to not be bothered (unless they ac stack hard). Ogma is popular because poison is so lame. It is the match winner. Poisoning someone who isn't blile or ogma holy posd can deal -8 to -10 stat reductions in str, dex and con. The str and dex loss means that they wont be able to get away and are sitting ducks. The damage from poison also annoys mages..

The balancing of the gods will be extremely tricky to say the least, i have my ideas for bile, like weakening the diseases, lowering their grace cost and making them a duo (red = stat and black = regen and damage) instead of red death being so op'ed. ofcourse diseases gone, face of death fixed so bile can actually level w/o wasting crazy amounts of grace on many wounds. Finger of death as bile's mini nuke prayer and nightfall as a buff (++dmg(especially wounds) + resists -resists -con).

Overall though, balancing needs alot of impartial testing, each god needs to have a clear purpose and not have some op'ed all rounder.

Cubes
12-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Ogma is better for phys just because of holy possession. You can use holy possession and equip a Gov weapon and it will be as if you're using a Talefung or Angel Blade.

Craigus
12-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Bile does not need buffs, that is represented alone by the percentage of the server that is already bile.

Felix_Xenophobe
12-04-2009, 08:28 PM
me n majin had some pretty cool ideas for balancing gods and stuff a couple of months back i dnt remember wat we said tho but if we would remember we would've fixed gk 4ever and u guys would b seeing 100+ playercount

MajinDragon
12-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Bile does not need buffs, that is represented alone by the percentage of the server that is already bile.

Lol the reason the majority flock to bile is laziness. Very few newbies want to be devoting most of their time gathering food (we all know they will because they'll be taking alot of damage) and dieing from diseases that come with being malnourished. Bile is the easiest option to start out ones GK life because of the sustenance bonus and that's all. The majority don't know anything about bile's prayers, what holy pos FULLY does, what other prayers bile has that are disabled etc. Noobs only know 'i don't die ez if i pray 2 him'.

me n majin had some pretty cool ideas for balancing gods and stuff a couple of months back i dnt remember wat we said tho but if we would remember we would've fixed gk 4ever and u guys would b seeing 100+ playercount

Oman we did pretty much fix the gods problem with those ideas =[
I only remember that we basically suggested what each god needed and made sure none of them was op'ed but i dnt remember the specifics.

Cubes
12-04-2009, 09:23 PM
ogma needs +100 dmg bracers with +4 con

MajinDragon
12-04-2009, 09:31 PM
ogma needs +100 dmg bracers with +4 con

You'll turn this into post Gambet maloria and we'll have fights lasting 5seconds. Next you'll want attack speed drastically lowered :rolleyes:

Cubes
12-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Shadow Katars need 15 second freeze thx. Also people need to learn how spells work that will counter bile like curse for example or holy word which makes bile not quite as overpowered. Also as for resist stacking or holy possession all you have to do is cast your low level holy possession or protection spell on the player and their resistances drop. Bile isn't quit as overpowered as everyone things and I would be quite happy if everyone on the server switched to bile so I can 1 shot them with my holy word and own their red death and wounds with curse.

MajinDragon
12-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Lol cubes, i dare you to fight me with your holy word.

scriptless
12-05-2009, 06:23 AM
Isn't this forum about BILE. Not the other God's? Lets keep to subject and go argue or complain about the other God's in another thread.. haha

Even I do not know what Bile's prayers do. I got gyped, I had like 350 grace and it said it granted me a prayer but I just never received it =/ But I was borrowing WIS gear off shrimps. Tig already told me nothing is broken on it (this like a year ago I think). Personally I would like to see some lower level prayers or items obtainable by bile. Maybe something in the 150-250 range even.

And for the sus bonus I think it would be easier for noobs if we just handed them a sus ammy so they could freely pick a god and stick with that. I am noticing everyone flocking over to Bile now. Which is okay but didn't I recommend Bile as a god many years ago and got harassed by it.

Yes I do know that you can 1 hit kill most things even with low phy, why do you think I said bile owns all these years.

What EXACTLY does "holy word" for bile do?? Can anyone elaborate on that one for me? I have a general idea but now that I read these posts I start to wonder.

MajinDragon
12-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Isn't this forum about BILE. Not the other God's? Lets keep to subject and go argue or complain about the other God's in another thread.. haha

Even I do not know what Bile's prayers do. I got gyped, I had like 350 grace and it said it granted me a prayer but I just never received it =/ But I was borrowing WIS gear off shrimps. Tig already told me nothing is broken on it (this like a year ago I think). Personally I would like to see some lower level prayers or items obtainable by bile. Maybe something in the 150-250 range even.

What EXACTLY does "holy word" for bile do?? Can anyone elaborate on that one for me? I have a general idea but now that I read these posts I start to wonder.

Well when discussing bile it's sometimes required to mention other gods.

Bile has 6 granted prayers in total: cause many wounds; cause red death; cause black death; nightfall; face of death; finger of death. Of those six only one is working fully. Cause red death and Cause black death are obtainable but do not work fully because of disease immunity bug (i'll call it a bug) which allows people to gain immunity from both diseases by being afflicted, dieing and then waiting patiently without being restored. After immunity is gained it doesn't matter if the player is restored, they are immune forever which instantly makes those prayers useless unless you harass a player and eventually restore them before they gain immunity :whatever:.
Nightfall, face of death and finger of death are disabled. Nightfall, i have been told, acted as an affliction of visual impairment. The afflicted would suffer sight loss to the degree of being limited to that small circle of vision like players are in labyrinth event. Apparently it also caused stat loss but was way oped because of the stat losses. Finger of death was the strongest wounding spell, it was stronger than critical wounds by a lot and was also unavoidable either because it traveled faster or instantly struck the target. Face of death was a variant of the known wounds spells and was infact a coned version, basically Bile's holy word but of death.

I don't know if Tig really told you that, because it's obvious from the first post in this thread that Bile has broken spells, 5/6 don't work properly.
Also, Bile has medium level (150 base grace) prayers available. Only cause black death is high level.

Holy word is bile's most known and biggest weakness. Bile is denied the use of holy word spells from the go. And is the god most damaged by holy word. One holy word can 1-hit kill a bile user if the caster is of a high Wis level or affiliated with a god which has a strong voice such as Brigid. Combination's of the two will kill Bile users.

You seem to not know ANYTHING about bile for someone who has been a bile user from the start... :whatever:

Obs311
12-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Holy word is bile's most known and biggest weakness. Bile is denied the use of holy word spells from the go. And is the god most damaged by holy word. One holy word can 1-hit kill a bile user if the caster is of a high Wis level or affiliated with a god which has a strong voice such as Brigid. Combination's of the two will kill Bile users.

Or I can just hit you with a battle axe of slay undead while being holy possessed by Govannon :)

MajinDragon
12-20-2009, 01:20 AM
That's if i'll let you hit me...
Already conjured a counter to that plan :)

Deophite18
07-07-2014, 04:43 AM
Can anyone tell me if it is even still possible to get black death? Prayed for a few hours with nearly 800 grace and never got anything after red death, and I don't think any relics or prayers ever took that long...

Conqueror
07-07-2014, 12:45 PM
Can anyone tell me if it is even still possible to get black death? Prayed for a few hours with nearly 800 grace and never got anything after red death, and I don't think any relics or prayers ever took that long...

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure Black Death doesn't actually shows up in your spell list GUI if that's how you're checking to see if you have it.

Try saying /cast Black Death

It's still possible to bind it to a hotkey though.

Deophite18
07-07-2014, 07:45 PM
If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure Black Death doesn't actually shows up in your spell list GUI if that's how you're checking to see if you have it.

Try saying /cast Black Death

It's still possible to bind it to a hotkey though.

Seems you are right. Thanks

How can I bind it to a hotkey without using the gui though?

Draenin
07-07-2014, 09:01 PM
Seems you are right. Thanks

How can I bind it to a hotkey without using the gui though?
If it doesn't show up on the spell list in the gui, try clicking on columns of spells and scrolling down. Sometimes if you have a lot of spells and you're not using a high resolution, icons get 'hidden' down at the bottom of the grid.