PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Suggestion

mikepg
08-06-2002, 02:15 PM
yeah...there should be more than 3 freaking building here...one of which is completely useless, one that is used for crafting torches....which no one wants or needs. The other one...i can't remember what it is, but it's not very usefull either...unless you can still craft shields here...

But yeah...maybe put a school there that lets you learn how to use swords faster, and more efficiently (if you're part of the kingdom). That way, the samurais will have a purpose, other than having the best clothes.

Hiyoshi
08-06-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by mikepg
yeah...there should be more than 3 freaking building here...one of which is completely useless, one that is used for crafting torches....which no one wants or needs. The other one...i can't remember what it is, but it's not very usefull either...unless you can still craft shields here...

But yeah...maybe put a school there that lets you learn how to use swords faster, and more efficiently (if you're part of the kingdom). That way, the samurais will have a purpose, other than having the best clothes.
I've been to Samurai island, and there are two settlements ;) Kiroto is another settlement on an island in the northwest. That's where my character Hiyoshi Shimoda is from.

I've tried to think of some things that would give Samurai advantages and disadvantages over the other kingdoms. No ideas...except maybe Samurai can harvest apples, and other fruits and stuff. That would be good for the economy, and since Samurai is a peaceful kingdom, that'd help us keep an alliance with the other kingdoms, keep our economy up, and keep our people fed.

AlexH
08-06-2002, 02:27 PM
Kingdom Islands are out?

Hiyoshi
08-06-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by AlexH
Kingdom Islands are out?
No, I got a sneak preview. I just wanted to see Samurai island. I'll go ahead and say this. At this point, the island was BORING. With only two little settlements. I had fun though.

mikepg
08-06-2002, 02:53 PM
Samurais should be a butt kicking clan!! Samurai's were the greatest of all ancient warriors IMO.

Hiyoshi
08-06-2002, 03:10 PM
Samurais should be a butt kicking clan!! Samurai's were the greatest of all ancient warriors IMO.
That's what I've been debating. I'm thinking that Samurai should be a peaceful kingdom, until provoked. Warning will be addressed, if provoked again, WAR!

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
08-07-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Hiyoshi

That's what I've been debating. I'm thinking that Samurai should be a peaceful kingdom, until provoked. Warning will be addressed, if provoked again, WAR!
Yeah, just leave the western warriors wielding swords and killing innocent people to Dustari.. again! :(

ldhfd
08-07-2002, 09:54 AM

I heard rping and kingdoms will only be on main island and the starting island will be for non rpers ...i don't know if it's true or not

MilkyWay0016
08-07-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by ldhfd

I heard rping and kingdoms will only be on main island and the starting island will be for non rpers ...i don't know if it's true or not

I really dout that (though it would be cool) becuase there are only mines on the first island :(
To get onto the main island you should have to be in a kingdom, or something. It'd keep all those annying pkers out!

KwuazlKenshin
08-10-2002, 05:14 AM
i think Samurai should have quick attacks. speed over power. because the katana was made for quickness and slashing movements.... and each kingdom should get there own powerful weapon... i think Aliendude came up with this but like Zormite shuld get powerful Tridents and like samurai should have quickness... an such. and foresters should have.... um....... weed wackers or somthing... :p

AlexH
08-10-2002, 05:19 AM

No, I got a sneak preview. I just wanted to see Samurai island. I'll go ahead and say this. At this point, the island was BORING. With only two little settlements. I had fun though.

That's probally why it didn't have much in it.
Hopefully when it is finished it will have a variety of usefull things in it. :)

ssj2sal
08-18-2002, 05:13 PM

I've been to Samurai island, and there are two settlements ;) Kiroto is another settlement on an island in the northwest. That's where my character Hiyoshi Shimoda is from.

I've tried to think of some things that would give Samurai advantages and disadvantages over the other kingdoms. No ideas...except maybe Samurai can harvest apples, and other fruits and stuff. That would be good for the economy, and since Samurai is a peaceful kingdom, that'd help us keep an alliance with the other kingdoms, keep our economy up, and keep our people fed.

how about different unique samurai weapons? I could think of a few weapons that would be good...

cshank4
08-19-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by ssj2sal

how about different unique samurai weapons? I could think of a few weapons that would be good...
the naginata was a housewives weapon back in feudal japan X_X
Umm I can think of a few
Katana
Naginata
Shuriken
Long Bow (They did invent it there like 6 foot high too)
Katar
Those Scyth Thingys (forgot what there called)

ssj2sal
08-28-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by cshank4

the naginata was a housewives weapon back in feudal japan X_X
Umm I can think of a few
Katana
Naginata
Shuriken
Long Bow (They did invent it there like 6 foot high too)
Katar

Want to hear the few I could think of? none of which are already in 2k2 like the Katana and Naginata...i Meant weapons that didn't exist already...Nagamaki, Wakizashi, Sodegarami, Lajatang, Shikomi-zue, Kusari-gama, Jitte, Sai, Fukumi-Bari etc...I'm not suggesting that these are all implemented as 2k2 weapons..just that more types of Feudal japanese weapons are eventually used...

I also think that weapons like the Katana and Naginata should be Samurai only...i think there should be weapons that only certain societies can use....like Dustari could have Bastard Swords, Claymores, Short-Swords, Falchions, Great-Swords, Halberds, Battle-Axes etc

Zurkiba
08-28-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by KwuazlKenshin
i think Samurai should have quick attacks. speed over power. because the katana was made for quickness and slashing movements.... and each kingdom should get there own powerful weapon... i think Aliendude came up with this but like Zormite shuld get powerful Tridents and like samurai should have quickness... an such. and foresters should have.... um....... weed wackers or somthing... :p
Along with the weapons idea... we should have resistances and powers for each kingdom..
PC- Air
Samurai - Earth
Dustari - Fire
Zormtie - Water
Forest - Earth? I dont know

Originally posted by cshank4

Commas... I have a pair myself.

Originally posted by ssj2sal

I also think that weapons like the Katana and Naginata should be Samurai only...i think there should be weapons that only certain societies can use....like Dustari could have Bastard Swords, Claymores, Short-Swords, Falchions, Great-Swords, Halberds, Battle-Axes etc
The Naginata should be universal... or with another skin... because spear/pike using wasn't Asian only, nearly every nation used them.