PDA

View Full Version : Solution to stat loss?

CheeToS2
08-06-2002, 12:17 PM
I don't know if this sounds stupid or not.. but..
instead of losing your stats completely when you die, how about making them come back very slowly, as if you're healing over time?

mikepg
08-06-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by CheeToS2
I don't know if this sounds stupid or not.. but..
instead of losing your stats completely when you die, how about making them come back very slowly, as if you're healing over time?

yes jesus yes.

Hiyoshi
08-06-2002, 02:13 PM
If it were that way, you wouldn't fear dying as much. JUST DON'T DIE. It's not hard. If you regain your stats back people will be just like they were on 2k1, dying is no big thing. But since this is an RPing server IT IS! Just as in real life.

mikepg
08-06-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Hiyoshi
If it were that way, you wouldn't fear dying as much. JUST DON'T DIE. It's not hard. If you regain your stats back people will be just like they were on 2k1, dying is no big thing. But since this is an RPing server IT IS! Just as in real life.

falso.
Not dying is a very hard feat to accomplish. I get killed by level 6 players in one hit, by their stupid, ultra fast, nijitas (or whatever they are). I'll be killing shell bomies, and someone fast will run over, from behind me, stab me twice, and it's over.

Sure, it's easy not to die if you weren't attacked by people 3+ levels above you!

CheeToS2
08-06-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Hiyoshi

It is hard not to die.. I tried to hide in water when someone was trying to pk me.. but he used some bug to cross over the water with his naginata :(

But.. isn't it what hurts you that makes you stronger? or something? x.x

ChocoboGrn
08-07-2002, 02:05 AM
How will dying not be feared? Losing 1/5 of my total exp scares me.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
08-07-2002, 03:23 AM
I wouln't mind losing the EXP, but I mean, you go into a kingdom battle, you fight hard, and everyone turns out to be a sloth of a fighter.

I hope the kingdom script will nullify all stats losses

ldhfd
08-07-2002, 06:00 AM
I think they should add the alightment system back and when you get killed you lose exp depending on your alight point for example if you have 100ap you would lose like 1/20 exp and if your 0ap you would lose 1/2 or something.

Er1c
08-07-2002, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by ldhfd
I think they should add the alightment system back and when you get killed you lose exp depending on your alight point for example if you have 100ap you would lose like 1/20 exp and if your 0ap you would lose 1/2 or something. That's a great idea.....

konidias
08-07-2002, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Er1c
That's a great idea.....

It's a great idea until you realise that it would basically destroy that which is playerkilling. I can see it now, somebody goes and kills 20 people, gains a bunch of exp, has low ap, gets killed, and loses all of what he gained and more.

edit: but for non-pkers it's wonderful ;)

ldhfd
08-07-2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by konidias

It's a great idea until you realise that it would basically destroy that which is playerkilling. I can see it now, somebody goes and kills 20 people, gains a bunch of exp, has low ap, gets killed, and loses all of what he gained and more.

edit: but for non-pkers it's wonderful ;)
pking is bad for g2k2 anyway.it's supposed to be a rp server and if the pker is smart he would hide somewhere until his ap is high again and people wouldn't want to pk him cause if they did then they would lose ap and get pked too

Er1c
08-07-2002, 06:44 AM
Exactly. The playerkiller can kill whoever he wants, and then just wait it out until his AP raises...

It would probably keep people from repeadidly killing people, killing newbies (no experiance gain = not worth the AP), and probably would cause people to team up against PKers or something because they would only gain

konidias
08-07-2002, 06:59 AM
Yeah I suppose it would work well. :)

Just make sure there is a bar added to the other ones on the top right corner so people can tell what their alignment is at. ;)

MilkyWay0016
08-08-2002, 10:23 PM
Thats a good idea. I mean, 2k2 isn't a PKing server despite what some people seem to think - -;
Hey you could also add stuff like people praying to briget would have higher ap then people praying to, say, Bile.
That would also be cool

Juron Pilo
08-09-2002, 04:52 PM
OMG yes! currently it works totally against the non-pker... I mean WERE the ones afraid of loosing stats NOT the pker... the pker just wants to pk and if he is high enough up there a few points lost DON'T MATTER TO HIM

aylad
08-10-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Juron Pilo
OMG yes! currently it works totally against the non-pker... I mean WERE the ones afraid of loosing stats NOT the pker... the pker just wants to pk and if he is high enough up there a few points lost DON'T MATTER TO HIM

That's exactly the problem. They're always talking about the "quality of gameplay" going down, but then non-pkers can't really play because we deal with more penalties than pkers.